Hello Fellow Adventurers! Meet your new Community Manager :)

• Hello Fellow Adventurers! Meet your new Community Manager :)

Dear fellow Adventurers!

I'm very happy to announce that you will have a new Community Manager from today onward! :thumbsup:

A little bit about my person: I'm a passionate Albion Online player and have been exactly that since free-to-play launch. That led to joining the moderation team and eventually applying for a position at Sandbox Interactive. I've been playing online games for a long time now, ranging from single-player adventure games over co-op first-person shooters up to medieval MMORPGs like Albion Online.

My plans for the future:

At the moment, we have a gap in communication between you (the community) and SBI. This has become abundantly clear over the last couple of months with many players being unhappy about that.

I hope to change that moving forward, additionally to other plans and ideas that I will be working on which I cannot disclose at this point in time :)

What I would like you to do, is to reply to this post with the topics that you feel need to be addressed ASAP. Whatever made you unhappy lately that you feel needs to be communicated better. I will make sure to read through it and pick out the most important topics.

In addition to that, you can always reach me via forum DM if you have more specific concerns and I will try to get back to you.

On a final note: I'm very happy to be here and to get this chance, I will do whatever I can for this community that has grown to me so much over the past years.

Thanks all for taking an interest!

~Nesnes
    • Welcome to the team!

Everyone at AOTV is looking forward to working with you to improve communications. It is important that the players are informed and that their concerns are heard.

It is clear you are passionate about Albion Online, the community, and video games in general. This is exactly what we need from our Community Manager.
    • IN CD 30 % of PvP kills are not counted because people run in mobs and instantly suicide on knockdown if low.

Infamy is fixed, but you don't get pvp fame nor credit for the kill ..in a PvP game ...no credit for the kill...

That is a low hanging fruit you can address fast.

A hint for the code fix: you give the infamy on suicide ..it should be easy to add pvp fame and credit the kill..

This - can be your first quick fix..

It is open and addressed since a year... unfortunately nobody listening
    • Nesnes wrote:

At the moment, we have a gap in communication between you (the community) and SBI. This has become abundantly clear over the last couple of months with many players being unhappy about that.

I hope to change that moving forward, additionally to other plans and ideas that I will be working on which I cannot disclose at this point in time :)
      please grace us with your presence in TT server
    • The lack of a Content Creator Program really shows in this game on several fronts - and honestly is unheard of for a game of this scale. Even New World, Corepunk and other upcoming games already have a Content Creator Program set in place.

Although I don't stream, the abuse certain streamers receive is unfair. I barely watch streams and still tune in to rightfully frustrated Albion Online streamers way too often.

When content is adjusted, Sandbox Interactive has a tendency to go to the extreme and without a single thought for content creators - it be item nerfs or changes to content.
      To give a prime example - nerfing solo dungeon diving took away Equart's, Rusty's, Nazori's and a lot of other creators main content away.

At this point it feels like SBI has no grip on how this affects our income and livelihood, or perhaps doesn't care. For some channels this means their channel dies altogether, for streamers this means they lose their purpose.

You could argue a good content creator adapts to the changes but the game has strayed off its path that made for unique content creators. The game took a very obvious direction to cater to and protect the casual, aside from the always existing need to please the ZvZer.
      If you aren't streaming Corrupted Dungeons, you may as well not stream any longer. And from what I've seen people don't enjoy streaming Corrupted Dungeons either, but their livelihood literally depends on it.

Where other games, such as Apex, are all about marketing their creators we don't even have a direct line to SBI. I welcome you to the team and I'm looking forward to the value you will bring, but I'm afraid you aren't that direct line to SBI either.

Only a proper Content Creator Program can be.
    • Hello!

It's awesome that beyond CM You are also Albion player. I hope that Your experience as a player would help a lot in the future.

Stay safe and I wish that your passion of Albion can be shared with players and another users who may don't know what Albion Online is.

One of the biggest problems that hurts me is Albion Online Lore which isn't that expanded or big... It only contains the necessary informations, sadly nothing more.

Thank You in advance for Your work and everything what You will make for Albion Community.

PS.

Can we DM You via discord instead of the forum?
      New project, new team, new future. Join today - VaWoo#4097

Wiki? Oh, yea we've got sth - wiki.albiononline.com