CD LOOT IS A JOKE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am fine with CD chests being mediocre so ratting is not lucrative but they need to buff the demon chest on player kills even higher than the previous buff. Again further reward participation in PvP. Make it worthwhile to risk death. I see to many shit gear flat 7 or lower in Slayer. This is due to players feeling the loot is not worth the risk and the IP min being to low.
    • i got to agree the loot feels crappy at the moment

but i think if you look back to when the game is 2 years younger you would notice that your sense of money is way off

we start with gathering as our baseline in silver making.
      yellow zone gathering
      Risk:0
      profit: 500k silver every half an hour at most
      Exp: little to no pve exp

black zone gathering
      risk:1 mil (t8 gathering gear and lym boar)
      profit: 1 mil every half hour. can go up to 2-3 mil in one sitting if lucky
      Exp: little to no pve exp

yellow zone pve
      Risk:0
      profit: 300k silver every half an hour on average
      3 dungeons per half hour
      Exp: moderate exp worth about 400k silver

Black zone zone pve (natural spawn)
      Risk: 500k for t7 in most builds to up to 1 mil for many artifact builds
      profit: 500k silver every half an hour on average T7 Zone
      4 dungeons per half hour
      Exp: moderate exp worth about 600k in silver

slayer level CD
      risk: 500k for t7 in most builds to up to 1 mil for many artifact builds
      profit: at 800 per half hour on average. good chests worth 500k ++ far and in between loot draughts
      4 dungeons per half hour
      Exp: high exp worth about 1mil in silver (500k infamy)

Disclaimer: values inserted here are based on my experience and are used as reference and are not completely accurate for people who min max their numbers so these values can go higher

based on the numbers i have given corrupted dungeons are profitable by at least by almost 1.5 times when compared to open world dungeons in clear speed gear

but due to this popularity the black market dries out at certain times of the week so there are times where slayer would give extremely crappy loot which is worst than SRD map

but after intensive testing with clear speed bow builds the average of loot in slayer CD with high infamy is still worth more then Solo random dungeons in the long run.
      if the loot is crappy at least the experience gained is worth more than regular dungeons

Only way for Solo random dungeon maps to be on par and exceed Corrupted dungeons is to pull out 7.1 maps at the minimum and run it in the black zone
      after a quick test of 10 maps i found the following

Black zone zone pve (7.1)
      Risk: 500k for t7 in most builds to up to 1 mil for many artifact builds
      profit: 800k silver every half an hour on average T7 Zone (before calculating costs of maps)
      4 dungeons per half hour
      Exp: moderate exp worth about 800k in silver

if you feel the numbers are wrong or need tweeking pls speak out but the numbers here are just based on personal experience
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Especially as the slowing / reset preventing birds that should spawn don't spawn for a few days..

I tested a new heavy reset build in stalker and was surprised that no birds spawn after initial brawl...but i reseted that poor guy like 20 times..no debuff on me..

Intentionally silent change or bug?
    • There is a huge difference with premium and non premium chest loot, i didn't subscribe for a couple weeks and the loot difference is phenomenal. Also slayer is a waste of time, it doesn't cover the costs of your gear even if you are below 300k and that's with the player kill included. Trash rates are extremely high atm
    • Tabor wrote:

I am fine with CD chests being mediocre so ratting is not lucrative but they need to buff the demon chest on player kills even higher than the previous buff. Again further reward participation in PvP. Make it worthwhile to risk death. I see to many shit gear flat 7 or lower in Slayer. This is due to players feeling the loot is not worth the risk and the IP min being to low.
      what he said
    • i tried to just farm them and i tried to perma pvp them and the difference between farming and pvp all day is very big.
      i think the risk/reward of farming them is better, since loot isnt that good even with a fight compared to the high ip ppl use.
      enemy loot isnt a real argument, since 30% of the loot trashes anyway means ur winrate has to be much over 50% to sustain your own sets. this isnt covered very well by chest loot.
      i think a better cap (also 20% like stalker) for slayer would not hurt and will increase the overal pvp and risk ppl are willing to take.
      buffing the chests would prob be to much since they are good. they are just bad compared to the risk.

EDIT: just compare cd and 2v2.
      they are very equal in profit but u can do 2v2 in 6 flat....

EDIT2: and reducing it to 20% would also mean to increase base ip to balance it out at around 8 flat and 8.1 for juicy entry since the dungeons are t8.

reducing the entry cost would allow a much worse winrate.
      for me im at around 85-90% wr. im fine.
      but imagine if sum1 only wins 40% of his matches. he will drop out of the content cause entry is to expensive.
      if you need much more then 50% winrate to profit its a cycle of dead for the content.
      worse ppl will drop out, better stay. the worse of the better ppl will drop out and again until only a few are left.
      u have to make it possible to profit for a wide audiance of players, even if they are not crazy good.

The post was edited 3 times, last by CallMeGosu ().

• you know i feel like the Original purpose of CD is not about fame farming or loot farming to get those high silver/fame per hour

its to recreate dungeon diving but on a fair 1v1 scenario

but because slayer CD is T8 the fame and loot is up there to match
      it opened up t8 dungeons to players stuck mainly in royals

I have not done T8 dungeons in the black zone in a long time but back before roads of avalon patch i did some T8 maps and it was profitable in fame and loot wise to an extent but i would be dungeon dived by the owner of the zone much more frequently then the current CD

to the point where i had to stick to t7 maps in my own zone because i was losing too many sets.
      and this before corrupted dungeons came along and changed the whole game plan

now i can fame farm with the occasional invade. and i would make enough money to cover my set most of the time before i get dived a second time
      even with how bad the loot is now i still break even if i get invaded once every 3 dungeons

while i have to agree the CD meta can get unbalanced but i can live with it. except for some extreme cases
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

its to recreate dungeon diving but on a fair 1v1 scenario
      I have to utterly disagree with this as this is no where near the experiance we had wiht SRD when they did not close over. me and a buddy would roam for weeks doing 2v? whatever diving dungeons best fun i had in a game for a long time. and then they go and wreck them by replacing with CD cancer. i do not like CD in the sense am forced to pve just to get a crappy 1v1 with a rat or some other meta build tht flat out is cancer to fight to then be rewarded with trash loot. i hope one day they leave SRD open again or at least put new ones in and give players a choice.
    • @CDEEKS

corrupted dungeons is by far very far from perfect with its own meta and op builds around it
      but is way better then being dived by like 3-4 ppl in a T7/T8 dungeon while in red and black zones

that was more unfair for the victim because like you said you were going out looking for blood against players who did not want to fight or had cooldowns while killing mobs

i still prefer Corrupted dungeons being a T8 dungeon which i can get invaded from time to time over the being ganked by 3 players at one time

and if you still want to complain then i can only say that you suck at fair fights. Cant win when the other guy has a pvp build and is ready for you?

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

@CDEEKS

corrupted dungeons is by far very far from perfect with its own meta and op builds around it
      but is way better then being dived by like 3-4 ppl in a T7/T8 dungeon while in red and black zones

that was more unfair for the victim because like you said you were going out looking for blood against players who did not want to fight or had cooldowns while killing mobs

i still prefer Corrupted dungeons being a T8 dungeon which i can get invaded from time to time over the being ganked by 3 players at one time

and if you still want to complain then i can only say that you suck at fair fights. Cant win when the other guy has a pvp build and is ready for you?
      i think thats just different content.
      i have done many srd with a mate and we had much fights.
      even the fights vs many where very cool.
      its a good time to set them back to theyr open state, since you can do cd for 1v1 fights.
      if you dont like it "fair" (cd are not fair tbh) randoms could be an option. i even like to solo them.
      its albion. getting rekt by many happens and is part of the game like it is in eve and every other mmo of this genre.
    • you are right getting wrecked by many is part of the game
      but i prefer it be done on fair terms where both sides have all skills and are ready to die like in Hellgates where both sides cannot run out

there is nothing fun about getting ganked while farm farming with your "pants down" at that point its not even a fight
      at least in corrupted dungeons i have time to change my skills and can out maneuver my opponent using traps

in solo random dungeons it is a straight line from start to end and most of the time i would be ganked by 2 or more invaders as solo random dungeons fame farmers are mostly alone

i like the current state of Solo content now the way it is. I have T8 fame and loot in Slayer corrupted dungeons from carleon and the option to go to black zone or roads for potentially higher loot.

so unless i am from out of a rest in a black zone where T8 maps are more profitable on average i say slayer CD is in a good spot with its less loot because it is so easy to access and the fame it provides is insane at high infamy

• The_Support_God wrote:

you are right getting wrecked by many is part of the game
      but i prefer it be done on fair terms where both sides have all skills and are ready to die like in Hellgates where both sides cannot run out

there is nothing fun about getting ganked while farm farming with your "pants down" at that point its not even a fight
      at least in corrupted dungeons i have time to change my skills and can out maneuver my opponent using traps

in solo random dungeons it is a straight line from start to end and most of the time i would be ganked by 2 or more invaders as solo random dungeons fame farmers are mostly alone

i like the current state of Solo content now the way it is. I have T8 fame and loot in Slayer corrupted dungeons from carleon and the option to go to black zone or roads for potentially higher loot.

so unless i am from out of a rest in a black zone where T8 maps are more profitable on average i say slayer CD is in a good spot with its less loot because it is so easy to access and the fame it provides is insane at high infamy
      dont get me wrong. i dont say they have to change cd.
      just open rd again as another option would be cool.
      i play cd very often by myself but having more options is all time better ^^