Dev Update: Outland Power Balance, Next Season and Update Progress

• Great, the game needs more silver sinks.
      There is no risk when you have an unlimited bank account like every major guild.
      Silver sinks are one of the only effective methods of combatting unequal wealth distribution in resource based sandbox games, so they must be utilized efficiently.

I like 100 - 120. Good incremental change.
      Fame requirements frontloaded 1-100, gotcha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Fame curve increased overall, spec scaling made more favorable for newer players, and fame reqs increase drastically after 100, to spell it out.
      *Added 20 ip to each main spec, 1 ip per Elite level.

As a veteran, I am happy with the elite level changes.. and I think this will make my new player friends happy too. Good call.

On the other hand, HQs are a great incentive, but now to really hone in on hideouts with added purpose/function and 'safety' restrictions.
      Every hideout is rather very much the same as every other.

Hideouts should serve a purpose.
      Home territories should serve a purpose.

Both are lackluster.
      Both need a full revamp imo.

We need:
      ++The ability to siege HOs
      ++The ability to contest a player's safety provided by a HO.
      ++A seasonal ranking system similar to crystal mages.

This will:
      Create lasting content and incentivize siege/ZvZ warfare.
      Break up the monotony of NAPs and start wars.
      Hostiles is recruiting new and returning players.

We focus on PvP and high level content.
    • Hideouts will continue to be glorified respawn points/bank storages until you comprehend that nobody is going to haul resources to refine in the royals, then haul the mats out to the BZ to craft. It will simply not happen in any meaningful volume.

There is simply 0 reason for players to actively play in the BZ since they can make much better money by living in the royals and spamming instanced content. Your HO change is only gonna get a few more newbs killed until a vet tells them to ignore BZ and spam corrupteds/hgs/roads/etc for income, fundamentally meaningless since the real problems continually aren't being addressed.
    • Syndic wrote:

Hideouts will continue to be glorified respawn points/bank storages until you comprehend that nobody is going to haul resources to refine in the royals, then haul the mats out to the BZ to craft. It will simply not happen in any meaningful volume.

There is simply 0 reason for players to actively play in the BZ since they can make much better money by living in the royals and spamming instanced content. Your HO change is only gonna get a few more newbs killed until a vet tells them to ignore BZ and spam corrupteds/hgs/roads/etc for income, fundamentally meaningless since the real problems continually aren't being addressed.
      Interesting.
      What are the rel problems in your opinion and how could one change them?

IMO a lot of the problems are human nature, this is why you beat everyone because you are willing to be professionally organized to get Success & Enjoyment, where most are about short-term bits of enjoyment.
      Although this is just theoretical nonsene :D ingame Mechanics are more interesting, Im listening
    • Syndic wrote:

nobody is going to haul resources to refine in the royals, then haul the mats out to the BZ to craft. It will simply not happen in any meaningful volume.
      I don't think there is really any real intention of trying to get people to haul resources from the royals out deep into the bz. I don't think there ever was.

The fact you get both a better than average refining bonus, and the best crafting bonuses, in the exact same location is already really good, and I feel like you don't appreciate how good it really is.

The idea that anyone wants to go riding the entire radius of the BZ and then back again to very marginally increase their earnings depends on how much their earnings would be increased, and I don't think anything but the most expensive resources justify the costs of transportation.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Piddle wrote:

Syndic wrote:

nobody is going to haul resources to refine in the royals, then haul the mats out to the BZ to craft. It will simply not happen in any meaningful volume.
      I don't think there is really any real intention of trying to get people to haul resources from the royals out deep into the bz. I don't think there ever was.
      The fact you get both a better than average refining bonus, and the best crafting bonuses, in the exact same location is already really good, and I feel like you don't appreciate how good it really is.

The idea that anyone wants to go riding the entire radius of the BZ and then back again to very marginally increase their earnings depends on how much their earnings would be increased, and I don't think anything but the most expensive resources justify the costs of transportation.

They've actually stated that is the design goal - they want refining done in royals and crafting done in blackzone and you haul in-between. The trouble is nobody does it, since its more efficient time-wise and risk-wise to do it in 1 location.

There's no actual difference between royals and BZ; either you refine 10% more or you craft 10% more (assuming you move things between hideouts in the BZ to craft), since those two interactions cancel each other out.
    • Syndic wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Syndic wrote:

I don't think there is really any real intention of trying to get people to haul resources from the royals out deep into the bz. I don't think there ever was.The fact you get both a better than average refining bonus, and the best crafting bonuses, in the exact same location is already really good, and I feel like you don't appreciate how good it really is.

They've actually stated that is the design goal - they want refining done in royals and crafting done in blackzone and you haul in-between. The trouble is nobody does it, since its more efficient time-wise and risk-wise to do it in 1 location.

There's no actual difference between royals and BZ; either you refine 10% more or you craft 10% more (assuming you move things between hideouts in the BZ to craft), since those two interactions cancel each other out.
      Agree. I still remember one of the first ads that presented transport caravan in dangerous areas with resources. Maybe they should consider reworking resource return to encourage people to play in black zones.
    • Syndic wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Syndic wrote:

I don't think there is really any real intention of trying to get people to haul resources from the royals out deep into the bz. I don't think there ever was.The fact you get both a better than average refining bonus, and the best crafting bonuses, in the exact same location is already really good, and I feel like you don't appreciate how good it really is.

There's no actual difference between royals and BZ; either you refine 10% more or you craft 10% more (assuming you move things between hideouts in the BZ to craft), since those two interactions cancel each other out
      How do you arrive at the 10% values? @Syndic
    • Looking forward to grind these new elite specs through hours and hours of repetitive, uncontested, boring PvE content... It will be great to have all that extra spec so I can do my instanced and capped content! LoL

Unless these new elite levels come with some changes to current PvE and Open World experience I am sorry but they are a most unwelcome addition to the game.

About the new update the visuals rework looks like the most exciting thing being developed and that is a sad thing to say... Looking forward to the new visuals and new weapons (horizontal progression sounds good) even though I am afraid these new weapons won't be released for a long time.

The headquarters seem like a good idea, but not a solution to the state of BZ... I would love to see a BZ where the gameplay revolves around guilds and not alliances or coalitions, where the gameplay does not revolve around specific times but where the rewards and content makes it worth actually living there. Hideouts, alliances, terri control and rewards/content in BZ needs looking at properly... Headquarters look like a nice band-aid, but the BZ had major trauma and you need to stop the bleed!

Peace
    • Bogul wrote:

Syndic wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Syndic wrote:

There's no actual difference between royals and BZ; either you refine 10% more or you craft 10% more (assuming you move things between hideouts in the BZ to craft), since those two interactions cancel each other out
      How do you arrive at the 10% values? @Syndic

Korn explained it a while back at one of the RT calls that the ~5% difference between the percentages you see in-game translates into an approximate 10% difference, aka if youre crafting 10 items you get 1 item extra and if youre refining 10 items you get 1 extra.

My argument was and remains that there is 0 reason whatsoever to invest the manpower & gametime to do a very boring and risky activity (hauling) in the BZ when you can just do it all in the Royals with no risk and basically break even compared to BZ (refine 10% more vs craft 10% more).

To get 10% on both ends you'd have to haul raw to Royals for refining, then haul refined to BZ for crafting, which is quite literally a pain in the ass unless you're hauling to a crafting hideout in a portal zone.
    • Hello

Just wanned to share my thoughts on the hideouts system

You think that now smaller guilds will build their HQ in a hostile territory just because their place is inmune ? i dont think so , cause if they leave the hideout and they are surrounded by enemies they cant gather , do dungeons ,transports ,etc . So the small guild will still be intersted in joining large alliances or pay to be neutral with them (renting empries)

What will happen is this , this massive alliances will remain using mutiple simple hideouts in their own territorys , mantaining the large networks they have , BUT now they will use Headquarters to place them right in the heart of other enemy large alliances , so they can spawn from withing their own zone.

I do think this HQ system does not provide any real incentive to leave a big alliance and play as solo guild , it just provides another weapon of mass destruction so that this rental empires can use against each other.

I mantian my suggestion that a hideout (just like HQ ) should be accesible ONLY to the guild that owns it , and cap the number they can build to 1 or 2 (maybe one in BZ and other in Roads)

Regards
      Bank of Caerleon
      Discord: 7h8wJ4y
    • Bey87 wrote:

You think that now smaller guilds will build their HQ in a hostile territory just because their place is inmune ? i dont think so , cause if they leave the hideout and they are surrounded by enemies they cant gather , do dungeons ,transports ,etc . So the small guild will still be intersted in joining large alliances or pay to be neutral with them (renting empries)

What will happen is this , this massive alliances will remain using mutiple simple hideouts in their own territorys , mantaining the large networks they have , BUT now they will use Headquarters to place them right in the heart of other enemy large alliances , so they can spawn from withing their own zone.

There are almost 300 blackzone regions (think it's 291). You really think the large alliances will be able to lock down all zones and deny everyone from maintaining their HQ? I don't think the BZ is quite as active as you seem to think it is. :)

It is possible to take down all HOs you don't want there in a big area. You just declare attacks, form up and wack at a timer.

To keep complete control of ALL zones, at ALL timers, AROUND THE CLOCK....is something completely different...

Yes. I think a lot of smaller to medium sized guilds who has not previously been able to place a HO in the blackzone without joining an alliance/coalition or renting, will be able to do so with these changes.
    • PieNapple wrote:

There are almost 300 blackzone regions (think it's 291). You really think the large alliances will be able to lock down all zones and deny everyone from maintaining their HQ? I don't think the BZ is quite as active as you seem to think it is.

It is possible to take down all HOs you don't want there in a big area. You just declare attacks, form up and wack at a timer.

To keep complete control of ALL zones, at ALL timers, AROUND THE CLOCK....is something completely different...

Yes. I think a lot of smaller to medium sized guilds who has not previously been able to place a HO in the blackzone without joining an alliance/coalition or renting, will be able to do so with these changes.
      Looking at the fact that there are 5-7 zones from town to rest, the question is whether HQ on low tier zones makes sense, those two zones are practically nothing.

Alliances will dominate most if not all T7-8 and rest of clusters will be empty and not worth to live in.

SBI needs to work on attractiveness of low tier zones... some original bonuses for each zone to make living even in T5 make sense.
    • PieNapple wrote:

There are almost 300 blackzone regions (think it's 291). You really think the large alliances will be able to lock down all zones and deny everyone from maintaining their HQ? I don't think the BZ is quite as active as you seem to think it is. :)

Sure it will be mildly annoying for large alliances to deal with hideouts placed in their zones by randoms. I'm the leader of a large alliance and I definitely don't look forward to explaining to people why they need to camp zones on a rotating schedule.

The bigger issue SBI creates with this though, is that there is once again 0 incentive to split up and downsize alliances - in fact this update makes it all the more important to recruit even more people to achieve the critical mass necessary to "hell-camp" a zone to remove unwanted hideouts.

I personally don't think "mildly annoying" is worth the long-term repercussions, but I do welcome the organizational challenge.
    • @Korn is it going to be posible to maintain the hq status if you place it in zone where you dont play at the prime time? for example if most of my guild plays at 0utc but we decide to place the hq in a zone where the prime time is at 15utc to reduce the amount of people camping the hq.
    • PieNapple wrote:

Bey87 wrote:

If they wanted to give small/medium guilds the option to break off from the rental empires , why did they tie that same option doing content that is for big alliances in THEIR territory?I mean why would a small guild go rogue and dont pay silver to be part of a rent empire ?

- Rogue guild deploys a HQ in hostile territory , has all red around (probably will get hell camped like it was in EVE) , cant do silver as smoothly .
      -Guild that stays in rental empire , vast ally territory doesn't have to spend time doing points to maintain HQ or hauling balls, pays silver yes but the return is immense.

Who though that HQ like this would break up the rentals empires and promote war , I think is vastly understamating the ability of big alliances in any game to grief a smaller group, because they have more manpower and more money.
    • its fair point.

We are excited about this, we are a smaller guild 50 semi-casuals, we got into trouble when we were renting because we want to fight.
      Let the Renters stay int the RentalEmpires, we will teach them that the blackzone is for fighting :) they might want to break off the handholding if there is no alternative to battling it out anyway