Mentorship system and lethal arena could popularize 5v5 crystal

• 5v5 Crystal League
    • noxmortus wrote:

Arena does not serve a purpose anymore. If anything arena should be changed to constant level 1 scrims using the crystal format. They are not the scheduled points giving crystals, but exposing of the format and playstyle to new players. This introduces them to crystals with at no cost and allows them to find players they may want to form a team with.

MMR only works when you have enough people to create a hierarchy. At the moment there are not enough consistently doing crystals to justify this. You can play crystals every day and run into the same team 3-4 times over the course of the week.
      As i remember, back in WoW, when arena was introduced, rating existence (as a measure of players dicks quality), ITSELF was a reason for most of the players to play it.
      Even on 1k population servers.

Infamy does not serve this purpose however, just because it's principally farmable stat.
      WTB skill
    • Equart wrote:

There is only one way how you can make it popular - it is accessibility, and im not talking about IP caps etc.

We need pub gameplay like in Dota/LoL , where solo players would randomly gather (by automatic que system,like Arena) into teams and participate in this content with full loot. Yes, there will be chaos and lots of complains.
      =>But it is the only solution how to make it popular.
      Man, I would love to see this happening. I would definitly queue for it, even lethal mode as long as there is infamy brackets to chose from. Great idea. Also, ty for the awesome content you put on your chanels, I am a fan.
    • noxmortus wrote:

The key breaking point for Crystals is - silver.

The cost to fund regular 5v5s is unsustainable for the average player or average guild. As such competitive crystal teams are the domain of the high-end guilds who are able to fund these players. These guilds receive a silver net-loss by funding these teams.

The only way to make crystals accessible to the masses would be to change it to "free gear up" and "no-loot". But then this undermines one of the core mechanics of Albion, being full loot pvp. Making auto-queue pugs will not improve the content, as when you enter a match with a team in troll gear, you'll just tent yourself as you would be unwilling to throw away gear because a healer has turned up with a Rampant staff, or your tank is using a bedrock.
      I think you have a good point there, and sadly there no way around trolls. But, it is a price I am willing to pay if it means 5v5 content is popular. I mean I would set in tent and minimize loses as you said, and the trolls would hurt my infamy but again it is a price im willing to pay if it makes finding my favorite content easier.
      So, I'm still rooting for @Equart Idea to make a full loot pug match maker.
    • If I could sign up for it like Arena and actually advance in a ranking system and pick up the tokens without:

1. having to join a guild that actually has an interest
      2. being allowed on a team within that guild
      3. being available for every awkward time at the same time as everyone else

As far as I'm aware, it has no interest because the whole process is a pain in the ass. I'd love to play it. Never have.
    • Fikule wrote:

If I could sign up for it like Arena and actually advance in a ranking system and pick up the tokens without:

1. having to join a guild that actually has an interest
      2. being allowed on a team within that guild
      3. being available for every awkward time at the same time as everyone else

As far as I'm aware, it has no interest because the whole process is a pain in the ass. I'd love to play it. Never have.
      agree 100%
    • yes, with enough players intrested and able to queue for a crystal lethal arena, the 5v5 crystals would be the most fun activity people can experience in albion. For that to happen, we need few things added to the game.

1. Good match making system that includes some mmr system and ensures there is a healer and a tank in the team.
      2. Make the rewards good enough to attract people to actually queue. Like no looting is allowed until the match is over then all the spoils are fairly and automatically distribed amongst the winning team.
      3. Give few non tradable sigils for both teams (more for the winners) To exchange for awesome hero skins or even the existing cool vanity packages.
      4. Optionally, later on a mentorship system can be added.
      In all honesty, I hope this capture the devs eyes to add it before it is too late, as people are already leaving or planning to leave for few super hyped upcoming titles.
    • only system I see working, is the removal of arenas, create solo and group queues for crystal league, a rank system, ip cap based on rank, 1400 gold rank only, something like that.

main difficulty of casual players is to be able to keep a team of 5 active players in a specific hour, also counting that they need a time to raise funds for at least 3 lives (set)