Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 10

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 10

      Call to Arms Patch 10

      New Artifacts Added


      Mysterious new artifacts have begun appearing as mob and chest drops in the open world. While their exact purpose is currently unknown, and they cannot yet be used for crafting, they are certain to prove useful in the future…

      Hideout Changes


      Hideouts now require a channel to enter for players who have not set the Hideout as "Home". This change is intended to reduce the safety provided by having multiple allied Hideouts in a single zone. The following conditions apply:
      • If a player has set "Home" in a Hideout, they can still instantly enter it without a channel
      • The protection bubble granted when leaving a Hideout no longer breaks with open-world interactions, making it possible to safely channel back into a Hideout without losing the bubble
      • Additionally, players with their Home set in a Hideout within the Roads of Avalon will no longer lose their Home setting when using the Travel Planner and then traveling through a Realmgate in a Royal City
      Castle Outpost Changes
      • Removed doors of Castle Outposts to make them easier to conquer for small groups and encourage more guerilla warfare
      • Warning messages when Castle Outposts are under attack are now only displayed in the guild chat, to reduce the number of onscreen messages for guild members
      • Time until next guard wave spawns: 120 seconds → 60 seconds
      Faction Warfare Changes
      • Enlisting with a Faction with low recruitment rates now has less of a penalty for players of lower rank
      • Faction Warfare kills in red zones are now worth as much as three times as many Faction Points than knockouts in yellow zones
      • Areas previously owned by a faction other than Caerleon are now worth more Faction Points after the beginning of a Bandit Assault
      Nametag Changes
      • Added option to display guild names of other players without displaying player names
      • For Faction-flagged players, other players flagged to the same Faction now appear as allies
      New Marketplace Categories
      • Added "Tomes" category for tradable Tomes of Insight
      • Added new "Mount" subcategories (each of these also contains all mounts that can equip skins from the same Mount Skin category):
        • Swiftclaw
        • Direbear
        • Direboar
        • Direwolf
        • Stag/Moose
        • Mule
        • Swamp Dragon
      Other Changes
      • A popup message is now displayed when the Usage Fee of a player-owned crafting station was recently changed
      • Reworked login and character creation / selection screens: players can now choose "Auto-Login", "Remember Me", or neither
      • Mobile players can now begin playing with guest accounts, with the following conditions:
        • No cross-play: guest accounts are bound to a device ID
        • No shop access: guest accounts cannot make purchases in the ingame store
      Combat Balance Changes

      Bows
      Regular Bows are still a very strong pick in the 5v5 Crystal League. To make the damage output a bit less explosive, the ramp-up to the max stack buff now takes slightly longer. On top of this change, the attack buff stacks now fall off more quickly if the Bow is unable to keep attacking. These changes should offer more counterplay options and a bigger reaction window for the enemy team, while still keeping the general Bow playstyle intact, where it can focus single enemies down very quickly once max attack buff stacks are reached.
      • Enchanted Quiver (Regular Bow):
        • Attack Damage Increase per Stack: 35% → 30%
        • Attack Speed Increase per Stack: 15% → 13%
        • Max Attack Buff Stack: 6 → 7
        • Attack Buff Duration: 5s → 2.5s
      Cursed Staffs
      Cursed Staffs are another top pick for the 5v5 Crystal League. With the latest buffs to Dark Matter, the ability has become a very dominant pick for 5v5s. While we are happy to see this ability back in the meta, it currently gives Cursed Staffs a little too much burst damage, which has been toned down somewhat.
      • Dark Matter (all Cursed Staffs):
        • Damage vs Players: 78 → 73
      Holy Staffs
      The combination of sustain and mobility was making Hallowfall too strong in Corrupted Dungeons. By increasing the Cooldown of Divine Intervention, while also increasing the Cooldown Reduction when at least one ally is healed, the mobility and sustain for solo Hallowfall players is reduced without impacting its effectiveness when used to heal allies in group fights.
      • Divine Intervention (Hallowfall):
        • Cooldown: 25s → 30s
        • Cooldown Reduction when hitting at least one ally: 20% → 35%
      Nature Staffs
      Nature Staffs have also become very dominant healers in the 5v5 Crystal League. As with Cursed Staffs, the buff to Cleanse Heal was introduced to help with Nature's weak point: dealing with burst damage. This makes Holy Staffs, whose main purpose is to be very good at dealing with burst damage, less attractive. As such, the cooldown of Cleanse Heal has been increased to make the burst heal and cleanse available less often and increase the potential for Nature Staff teams to be bursted down.

      The Blight Staff change is mainly intended to tone down its combination of mobility and sustain in Corrupted Dungeons, where the slow helps create distance or catch up to enemies.
      • Cleanse Heal (all Nature Staffs):
        • Cooldown: 15s → 18s
      • Ruthless Nature (Blight Staff):
        • No longer slows enemies
      Spears
      Glaive has been a very strong frontline melee DPS in the 5v5 Crystal League for some time. As the short cooldown of Fling, in particular, gives the weapon a lot of control, the cooldown of this ability was increased to make its control less oppressive to opponents.
      • Fling (Glaive):
        • Cooldown: 15s → 20s
      Swords
      With the buffs to Heroic Charge in the last patch, the Broadsword in particular became a very straightforward weapon dealing high constant damage from a very low-cooldown E-ability, which was hard to counter. To make it less dominant, the Cooldown of Mighty Blow has been increased to lengthen the gaps between the damage spikes and resistance increases.
      • Mighty Blow (Broadsword):
        • Cooldown: 10s → 12s
      Shoes
      Their recent buff made Royal Boots a top choice in Corrupted Dungeons. They offer a very strong shoe ability for chasing down opponents if not interrupted or purged, which makes the ability very risky to use for disengagements. In this way they work as intended. However, the max movement speed they were providing was slightly too high, as they were also very good for suddenly rushing to an enemy off-screen and hitting that player once to prevent them from changing abilities. Their max speed has thus been reduced to give more time to react to a player rushing in with max Royal March stacks.
      • Royal March (Royal Boots):
        • Movement Speed Increase per Stack: 9% → 8%
      Battle Mounts
      • Arrow Rain (Phalanx Beetle):
        • Cooldown 4s → 2s
        • Fix: The debuff can now be cleansed as intended
      • Omnibarrage (Phalanx Beetle):
        • Consumes all Arrow Rain stacks in a 18m radius
        • The strength of the ability now depends on the stacks consumed at cast start (independent of the amount of stacks on individual enemies)
          • Stacks: 0 / 2 / 4 / 6 / 8
          • Damage: 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 / 45 (every 0.5s)
          • Slow: 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50%
        • The channel can now be canceled by the caster
        • Fix: Slow effect now stays active for the intended/whole duration on targets inside the effect area
      Fixes
      • Spell fixes:
        • The second hit of Hamstring (Swords) can no longer be executed if the Heroic Charge runs out during the activation window, as intended
        • Like all other dash abilities, Fearless Rush (Elite Lymhurst Boar) now only affects players who are below 150% of max carry weight
        • The AoE indication area of Spinning Blades (Dual Swords) is now correctly displayed for the caster, communicating the minimum distance correctly
        • Improved hit detection of second hit of Devastating Strike (Black Hands) to make it more reliable, even with high ping
        • Fixed an issue where Hoarfrost (Frost Staffs) would not deal AoE damage to surrounding targets if the main target died
        • Fixed an issue where Everlasting Spirit (Cleric Robe) triggered too frequently, especially after purge
      • Fixed an issue where Faction-flagged players could become stuck in dungeons with entrances in overcrowded zones when respawning
      • Fixed an issue where watering can was not displayed when watering plants
      • Fixed an issue where some Crystal League tokens were not visible / tradable on the Marketplace
      • Fixed an issue where large Tier 8 fiber nodes did not display their enchantment level in the Steppe biome
      • Fixed a rare case where healing debuffs did not apply correctly upon entering a zone
      • Fixed an issue where scheduling a defense payout more than 15 minutes after the previously scheduled time would generate an endless loop
      • Resolved an issue that prevented Elite Faction Mounts and the non-Elite Caerleon Faction Mount from ever being higher than normal quality
      • Additional graphical, audio, animation, terrain, UI, and localization fixes

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Dagother ().

    • Castle Outpost Changes
      • Removed doors of Castle Outposts to make them easier to conquer for small groups and encourage more guerilla warfare
      • Warning messages when Castle Outposts are under attack are now only displayed in the guild chat, to reduce the number of onscreen messages for guild members
      • Time until next guard wave spawns: 120 seconds → 60 seconds


      unforeseen changes which are good. nice one SBI
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Why not make all hideout homes not reset anymore? My medical clone doesn't get reset when I jump into null sec in EvE so why keep this annoying mechanic in Albion? If you think it keeps the open world more alive by forcing people to have to do the naked run back to their hideout everytime their home gets reset then lmao.....

      Why not remove city plots because they're a completely outdated and redundant system now which is being exploited? If you believe it to be a big enough silver sink to keep in the game then lmao silver sinks haven't helped the games economy for years. Make static T8 npc crafting stations with a moderate tax that is reduced to a low tax with faction reputation and then make island crafting worth while and attach a big silver sink to them if people want to maintain public access for crafting islands. Y'know, like EvEs NPC stations and now citadels as player owned locations for manufacturing/refining/trading.

      The constant combat balances entirely focused around a smaller section of the game is very reminiscent of other MMOs. So far its not been so bad with albion but these patchnotes clearly state thats the entire intention with these changes. I see a bunch of people mentioning a solution to this in the new community managers post. Having separate balances for the instanced areas so that you can change things that are unfun in one area of play but core to another.
    • try having your hideout very deep in the black zone then asking us to run all the way there just because we died

      you would waste hours on travel time just to get back every death in zvz or pvp/pve
      not a fun play style

      and also this is a MMORPG. which was build with eve as part of its inspiration
      it may not be perfect but the current city plots and combat changes are needed as part of the game to make sure it does not become a stale game like EvE
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:



      and also this is a MMORPG. which was build with eve as part of its inspiration
      it may not be perfect but the current city plots and combat changes are needed as part of the game to make sure it does not become a stale game like EvE
      City plots are not needed at all. Combat changes are but like I said changing for one aspect ruins things in another. Removing the slow on blight staff E to stop it being unfun in corrupted but ruins what makes it viable for open world?

      Also albion is definitely more stale than EvE and the aspects that aren't are slowly getting there. When has a reset actually changed the outland? The same people take the same places, sometimes with different names and sometimes they decide to change city lock but leave a renter in their old location. The people doing that also rig the season scores so the last time the scores were a shake up was when Elevate formed and dominated the city fights. Extremely stale and unfun. Faction warfare has been amazing though but without campaign rewards the scores for that mean literally nothing other than an indicator of how many faction points entered the economy.
    • Durpmen wrote:

      Why not remove city plots because they're a completely outdated and redundant system now which is being exploited? If you believe it to be a big enough silver sink to keep in the game then lmao silver sinks haven't helped the games economy for years. Make static T8 npc crafting stations with a moderate tax that is reduced to a low tax with faction reputation and then make island crafting worth while and attach a big silver sink to them if people want to maintain public access for crafting islands. Y'know, like EvEs NPC stations and now citadels as player owned locations for manufacturing/refining/trading.
      Simply love how everyone comes to shittalk the plots on the forums, yet since its such a big exploit, how coming im not seeing any of your names on this HUGE money making system?
      You know why? It's not because the entry point isnt being able to afford the rent, otherwise small guilds would be joining in to own a few shops!
      The problem is that you guys keep complaining about the high fees YET the fees never been lower, or you expect that a npc will do a fee less than 10%??
      The city plot ONLY WORKS WHEN THE RATES ARE FIXED! Meaning, unless the rates are on what you guys complain that is being big ( the 50% mark), is the only way to actually make money out of it.
      But i might be telling a big lie, after all i am one of those shitty, exploiting a market, players, yet if we are such a big loss to the game, you can always go craft on your island, just build a shop and you know what, it doesnt even lose durability there, meaning its just the food costs!
      Everyone complains about the fees, but for months, due to multiple owners decided to exit the game with a bang, they have been low EVERY SINGLE TIME, and yet people complain...
      If SBI actually removes the plot, i only ask that they are fair and also remove the returns without focus and lower the return rates with focus, because why would crafting a item on the real world provide some sort of materials back? Have the NPC crafting on the plaza without fees and without returns, or take the hit to build on your private island to have a return if you only use focus. And then come complain the items are costing more than before, even with rates at 50% you are making more on returns that you pay, so why are you still complaining on the forums?
    • debuff a multiple CC in one target

      its realy unbalance being cc'ed multiple time lik 4X in raw thats ridiculous! waiting to die without a resistance in your part, is that even a game? waiting to die can't do anything?

      i'm a ganker my self but being cc'ed multiple times in a raw is kinda insane need to balance it for both parties the victim and the attackers. now you need to enter ho in channeling mechanics debuffing multiple cc in one target is a must also..

      i frequent gank solo or duo, i/we still manage to kill even lack of cc what more a full party gay gankers? they should be also. we always fought outnumbered and i notice these CC's (claw, fear, roots, mace W, chain, perma) will make your world stop without able to do anything.

      - i suggest Debuff the attackers multiple cc in one target
      - or buff the target by puting cc resistance if it cc'ed multiple times.

      the debuff or buff should be High enough to survive in multiple cc's and be able fight back to death.
    • LordNrixx wrote:

      debuff a multiple CC in one target

      its realy unbalance being cc'ed multiple time lik 4X in raw thats ridiculous! waiting to die without a resistance in your part, is that even a game? waiting to die can't do anything?

      i'm a ganker my self but being cc'ed multiple times in a raw is kinda insane need to balance it for both parties the victim and the attackers. now you need to enter ho in channeling mechanics debuffing multiple cc in one target is a must also..

      i frequent gank solo or duo, i/we still manage to kill even lack of cc what more a full party gay gankers? they should be also. we always fought outnumbered and i notice these CC's (claw, fear, roots, mace W, chain, perma) will make your world stop without able to do anything.

      - i suggest Debuff the attackers multiple cc in one target
      - or buff the target by puting cc resistance if it cc'ed multiple times.

      the debuff or buff should be High enough to survive in multiple cc's and be able fight back to death.
      knight helm, resist pots, merc hood, purity robe, scholar sandals, graveguard boots are just some of the few items that help mitigate the cc you get on you.
      Wearing higher ip helps against cc too.

      There are diminishing returns on CC already in the game.

      It is true that claws and fear of the fiend robe are hard to deal with since they both are not affected by diminishing returns (they should imo) and the fiend robe cannot be "interrupted or cleansed from its effect (it can be purged though).

      the only issue I've ever seen is groups of claw gankers perfectly cycling their fiend robe and claws E to actually perma root you for an extended period of time with no diminishing returns due to those spells not being affected by that mechanic contrary to W/E of maces and of Perma's (and perma's have less than 2sec of total CC most of the time since the E is 1sec fix regardless of IP and only the W scales with ip for the duration and it has been nerfed in the past).
    • Deathskills wrote:

      LordNrixx wrote:

      debuff a multiple CC in one target

      its realy unbalance being cc'ed multiple time lik 4X in raw thats ridiculous! waiting to die without a resistance in your part, is that even a game? waiting to die can't do anything?

      i'm a ganker my self but being cc'ed multiple times in a raw is kinda insane need to balance it for both parties the victim and the attackers. now you need to enter ho in channeling mechanics debuffing multiple cc in one target is a must also..

      i frequent gank solo or duo, i/we still manage to kill even lack of cc what more a full party gay gankers? they should be also. we always fought outnumbered and i notice these CC's (claw, fear, roots, mace W, chain, perma) will make your world stop without able to do anything.

      - i suggest Debuff the attackers multiple cc in one target
      - or buff the target by puting cc resistance if it cc'ed multiple times.

      the debuff or buff should be High enough t
      knight helm, resist pots, merc hood, purity robe, scholar sandals, graveguard boots are just some of the few items that help mitigate the cc you get on you.Wearing higher ip helps against cc too.

      There are diminishing returns on CC already in the game.

      It is true that claws and fear of the fiend robe are hard to deal with since they both are not affected by diminishing returns (they should imo) and the fiend robe cannot be "interrupted or cleansed from its effect (it can be purged though).

      the only issue I've ever seen is groups of claw gankers perfectly cycling their fiend robe and claws E to actually perma root you for an extended period of time with no diminishing returns due to those spells not being affected by that mechanic contrary to W/E of maces and of Perma's (and perma's have less than 2sec of total CC most of the time since the E is 1sec fix regardless of IP and only the W scales with ip for the duration and it has been nerfed in the past).
      bro, the items you mentioned do you use them in solo duo ganking? ofcours not i guess. resistance pots wont help you if you're taking damage continously

      there is a lot of group gankers in outlands we always cross paths with them we 2 people ganking has a guts to fight 10 to full party gay gankers we are trying to prove how far we can go againts so many enemy.

      if one enemy cc'ed you its not yet problem but there's 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th then cd then thats almost infinit cc thats what i'm talking about..

      yeah there is a diminishing for cc in this game but its nothing you can consider it NONE.

      they need to balance it ..

      The post was edited 1 time, last by LordNrixx ().

    • LordNrixx wrote:

      bro, the items you mentioned do you use them in solo duo ganking? ofcours not i guess. resistance pots wont help you if you're taking damage continously
      there is a lot of group gankers in outlands we always cross paths with them we 2 people ganking has a guts to fight 10 to full party gay gankers we are trying to prove how far we can go againts so many enemy.

      if one enemy cc'ed you its not yet problem but there's 2nd , 3rd , 4th , 5th then cd then thats almost infinit cc thats what i'm talking about..

      yeah there is a diminishing for cc in this game but its nothing you can consider it NONE.

      they need to balance it ..
      resist pots give up to 90% reduce cc duration sooo yes they can be used to mitigate cc.... might want to learn about reading the descriptions of item...

      And there is a diminishing return, take a royal jacket, a 1h mace, mistcaller, hunter shoes, and assassin hood. Go in a dg, cc mobs with root on w, check the timer, wait 25 sec, use your E, check the timer of the stunt, Now chain CC as much as you can and notice how after each, cc is shorter each time (feel free to use the cd reduction spells from the gearset to brutalize the amount of cc spells).

      it currently is balanced, might need some tweaking (like after 2 or 3 fiend robe it can't affect you again for 30sec+ and same with claws after 2 or 3 but apart of that, it's not that much of a problem.