Broadsword

• Since months i been saying that prestackers are a problem and now everyone is playing BS.

Problem:The lowest E cooldown, it gives 3 sec def. bonus, better than any other sword, high damage, interrupts, and its a ranged instant attack; that ignores pushs like windwall and fire wall

Solution: Nerf the damage or add more 5s more on the cooldown like old times.

This way spear, frost and other swords that aren't broadsword can properly play against a broad.

This post isn't about healers or cc builds, if you still hate that type of matchs do a post about that pls :thumbsup:
    • it was suppose be the premier single target option for swords
      with a mix of tankyness and high single target damage

its basicaly a sword version of a reg bow
      it has seen some play in crystals for being a replacement for melee dps until axes and quaterstaff builds came along and shaked up the meta in crystals
      it was used to counter fire dps with artillary fire builds, 1h nature E and also redemption holy E back when they had longer cast times

What it has in single target damage and tankyness it lacks in CC and AOE damage provided by other swords
      so it is basicaly good in 1v1 senarios like reg bow not so much in group play due to better options available at the time

of course lets not forget the many buffs it received like stand time buff to its E and basic skills , auto attack speed/ auto damage balance and the return of power to sword stacks
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• It is very simple..

Sword in the past especially broadsword was very very strong before the nerf of heroic..

Then to compensate for heroic nerf a lot of buff to various sword skills came..

But then they decided to undo heroic nerf..without undo the interim sword buffs to compensate for heroic nerf..

Result: completely over the top.. broadsword

But same issue to prestack claymore
    • Trial_hard wrote:

It is very simple..

Sword in the past especially broadsword was very very strong before the nerf of heroic..

Then to compensate for heroic nerf a lot of buff to various sword skills came..

But then they decided to undo heroic nerf..without undo the interim sword buffs to compensate for heroic nerf..

Result: completely over the top.. broadsword

But same issue to prestack claymore
      Talking non-sense. Its the buff on royal boots + Re-buff on heroic charges, and everyones knows how bad claymore it is, bruh.
      There is only 2 ways, erasing prestacking situations (only posible way its creating 1v1hg; not cds), or nerfing bs. Its a claymore x4 better
      Royal sandals BS has more counters than royal boot only cause the 8s extra CD (While R. Sandals are active)
    • The issue is not in the broadsword itself. It is a combination of royal boots and sword skills.
      Using broadsword you are able to prestack, activate boots and get 110% movement speed. Then you have a protection from purge on W. So you need to prestack off-screen, activate boots, get 20% defense buff engage combat, get an additional defense buff from E, then pop defense skill on the armor. Broadsword user has 10-20 seconds of protection (8 sec from boots, 3 sec from E, 3 or 8 sec from armor, 3 sec from W) that makes him tankier than using plate. This set of skills allows ALWAYS to win initial trade. Then what options do have an opponent? Activate defense skill on the armor? It will be immediately purged, because broadsword player DOES NOT NEED to purge boots if his rival tries to run. Why? because if an opponent uses any others boots except royals, it can be easily chased under stacks buffs in next 25 sec using royal boots. If an opponent uses royal boots, he should use them immediately after engage or they will be interrupted by E. And he still cannot run away, because a broadsword has 110% movement speed bonus, not 80% - say hello to birds, chests, watchers and any other shit that stands in every corner.

The solution:
      - remove defense buff or interrupt from E
      - make E cooldown 15 sec
      - remove defense buff from royal boots
      - increase boots cooldown to at least 45 sec or decrease their buff to 60%.
    • I think tap root makes avery build tanky, even with royal boots and infernal shield the defense bonus is ridiculous but bsword isn't the problem. Only 3 secs of defense -_-

Crystal prestacking is the main problem and it must be fixed but IMO broadsword is balanced compared to another melee weapons.

And please don't expect you can easily win with 160 less IP.

BabyGuega1 killed HIDKstr for 180.32k fame - Albion Online 1503 ip vs 1343 ip

Broadsword has been nerfed already, the defense buff was reduced but also they reduced the huge stand time on e.

Don't compare it with claymore, that weapon sux, also was nerfed.

Broadsword is the only sword viable for cd's, there is not another content for that sword and you want to destroy it. :)
    • Kjerst wrote:

Crystal prestacking is the main problem and it must be fixed but IMO broadsword is balanced compared to another melee weapons.

And please don't expect you can easily win with 160 less IP.

BabyGuega1 killed HIDKstr for 180.32k fame - Albion Online 1503 ip vs 1343 ip

Broadsword has been nerfed already, the defense buff was reduced but also they reduced the huge stand time on e.

Don't compare it with claymore, that weapon sux, also was nerfed.

Broadsword is the only sword viable for cd's, there is not another content for that sword and you want to destroy it. :)
      1. The post isn't about me.
      2. Litteraly double dagger meme build, not even close to be a build

You missing the points. its broken and is the same reason that other swords are even worse and cant be buff, cause if you buff claymore Q or W, you will buff BS Too.

We need nerfs on bsfirst to get a better (buffs) sword tree.
    • I hope you are happy HIDstr, they gonna nerf the only viable sword in Albion, so let me get your point right... U want to nerf broadsword to make the others swords "less worst"?. I dont understand this shit coming from a sword player... we all know that swords are trash even with the recent buffs, and almost every weapon of the game can outdamage swords, and almost all the "w" skills are useless even with the rework its a joke nobodys is using it, and the passives are so so... wtf (?)

now its funny to see how fast the nerf comes, but hey spears autostack and INSANE basic damage not getting nerfed, or hallowfall, grailseeker, tombhammer... sooo lets make swords useless again
    • Lexary wrote:

I hope you are happy HIDstr, they gonna nerf the only viable sword in Albion, so let me get your point right... U want to nerf broadsword to make the others swords "less worst"?. I dont understand this shit coming from a sword player... we all know that swords are trash even with the recent buffs, and almost every weapon of the game can outdamage swords, and almost all the "w" skills are useless even with the rework its a joke nobodys is using it, and the passives are so so... wtf (?)

now its funny to see how fast the nerf comes, but hey spears autostack and INSANE basic damage not getting nerfed, or hallowfall, grailseeker, tombhammer... sooo lets make swords useless again
      Read my post about sword. Yes i am very happy.

Simple logick
      -> Swords can't get buff cause PRESTACKING MECHANIC its already very strong on 1v1s.

How can you buff another swords in any content without buffing swords in 1v1?

1. Nerf prestackers
      2. Balance swords

-
      Proof:
      They buffed 9% speed atk and mov (3 charges total) and all the server started playing prestack sword againt (not only with royal boots).
      Even claymore come back as a common prestacker but people noticed that BS beats the shit out of claymore.

If you buff W4 damage without nerfing prestackers -> Buffing prestackers
      If you buff charges or passives without nerfing... etc, its all the same.

If you are a sword enjoyer for a long time, you will see the lack of everything on swords, so yes, i'm happy with the nerf on the strongest sword, sadly not enough.

If you want nerfs on spears do a post, dont cry on other weapon trees posts. I do my owns too, same with spears, i did more than 2-3

The post was edited 3 times, last by HIDKstr ().

• Add two types of stacks, but only in cd.
      If the first stack is not from a player the stacks are yellow and have no effect on players, if the first stack is from a player the mechanics work as now.

You can still use the stacks for kiting but not for damage. (All effects like def buff/stun/interupt.... etc stayed, only 0 dmg vs players.)

yellow stacks after hitting a player with Q will start stacking again but as blue stacks.
      problem fixed.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Quagga ().

• HIDKstr wrote:

Lexary wrote:

I hope you are happy HIDstr, they gonna nerf the only viable sword in Albion, so let me get your point right... U want to nerf broadsword to make the others swords "less worst"?. I dont understand this shit coming from a sword player... we all know that swords are trash even with the recent buffs, and almost every weapon of the game can outdamage swords, and almost all the "w" skills are useless even with the rework its a joke nobodys is using it, and the passives are so so... wtf (?)

Read my post about sword. Yes i am very happy.
      Simple logick
      -> Swords can't get buff cause PRESTACKING MECHANIC its already very strong on 1v1s.

How can you buff another swords in any content without buffing swords in 1v1?

1. Nerf prestackers
      2. Balance swords

-
      Proof:
      They buffed 9% speed atk and mov (3 charges total) and all the server started playing prestack sword againt (not only with royal boots).
      Even claymore come back as a common prestacker but people noticed that BS beats the shit out of claymore.

If you buff W4 damage without nerfing prestackers -> Buffing prestackers
      If you buff charges or passives without nerfing... etc, its all the same.

If you are a sword enjoyer for a long time, you will see the lack of everything on swords, so yes, i'm happy with the nerf on the strongest sword, sadly not enough.

If you want nerfs on spears do a post, dont cry on other weapon trees posts. I do my owns too, same with spears, i did more than 2-3

Lo leí de nuevo y en parte tienes razón, el problema es que la mayoria de armas melee tienen su mecanica de prestack, no soy partidiario de los prestackers pero actualmente es la única forma de pelear de igual a igual, si juegas sin prestack no ganas 2 corruptas seguidas, estaría bueno que nerfeen la mecanica de los prestackers pero en contra parte te den otras armas o mejoren las "W" para compensar, visto de esa forma en la que lo planteas estoy de acuerdo, pero el problema es que no los veo haciendo un rework o mejoras de "W" y penalizando el prestack seria rediseñar de nuevo el arma, ojala se pueda pero lo veo difícil.. salu2
    • Devs are mad, look at that nerfs, the problem was huge ammounts of additional HP from tap root + ridiculous resistance from royal boots + 30s cooldown inferno shiled + prestacking (and actually daggers and spears can prestack too).

Nerfs broadsword...

In case of the glaive it proves that they want all easy, they nerfed more than 4 balanced weapons (Except Hallowfall) at least buff the damage on glaive how hard is that, now that spear will be abandoned and useless again.

This is turning into an endless loop. We was close to a point where every weapon was balanced now we are going back to nerfs, buffs, nerfs, buffs. The boring russian mountain of albion.

HIDKstr, How sure are you that RetroMan will improve the tree of swords with Q's or W's ? the logic they rely on to nerf, leaves much to be desired.
    • Kjerst wrote:

HIDKstr, How sure are you that RetroMan will improve the tree of swords with Q's or W's ? the logic they rely on to nerf, leaves much to be desired.
      Cause they want to buff them, because the balance helpers ask for it (Exmp; AisistSlayer). And the whole forum asked for it for 1 month or more, but they can't buff or balance correctly 'cause prestackers are a problem
    • Pre-Stacking isn't the problem, the problem is more with taproot being OP and the E ability being on -10Sec CD with food.

This thread is also directed at Royal boot spammers who camp crystals which is a form of fa**ot gaming. I agree remove pre-stacking on crystals but nothing else.

Swords are based around the stacks just like spears and curse, any type of stacking system which is a fundamental part of the weapon for damage. it isn't just for landing our E's its for consistent weapon damage and movement speed

You can also eye frame and block BS E its not rocket science to plan your fights
    • Just a few fun moments from the history)

We have one of @Retroman 's "balance"(does someone still call it like that?) updates.
      Every second player in CD play sword(claymore, to be exect). Insane damage, very flexible skills, everything, you need in PVP in one ultimate. The only weak side is dependence on stacks, which allows to kite and purge it.

Next update.
      • Heroic Stack (all Swords)
        • Movement Speed & Attack Speed Increase: 12% -> 9%
      • Heroic Strike (all Swords)
        • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0.15s
        • Standtime: 0.3s -> 0.2s
      Swords become trash. Sure. They can't keep stacks anymore. But all the sword power is in the buff from stacks while all the fight and pre-stacking.

Next update. Trying to return swords to the meta.
      • Splitting Slash (all Swords)
        • Hitdelay: 0.6s -> 0.3s
        • Standtime: 0.8s -> 0.5s
      • Mighty Blow (Broadsword)
        • Standtime: 0.8s -> 0.3s
        • Jump Time: 0.43s -> 0.3s (this means the jump is faster)
        • Resistance Increase: 0.24 -> 0.12 -> 0.18
      Broadsword becomes playable. But "press E monkeys" still cry, because it is still kitable. "Are you a rat? Why don't you want trade to the end against my 3 stacks E"(c)

One more try...
      • Broadsword Normal Attacks
        • Attacks per Second: 1 -> 1.35
        • Damage per Attack: 45 -> 33
      Actually just a minor buff. Broadsword is a bit stronger now because of faster passive activation, but nothing special.

And after that... attention... TA-DA!!!
      Let's return stacks back and add some additional buffs.
      • Heroic Charge (all Swords)
        • Movement Speed & Attack Speed Increase: 9% -> 12%
      • Interrupt (all Swords)
        • Standtime: 0.4s -> 0.3s
        • Energycost: 10 -> 7
      • Hamstring (all Swords)
        • if you have a heroic charge when casting, you can now cast a follow up attack for 3s
        • The follow up consumes 1 Heroic Charge and is a ground target 7m distance leap, which hits enemies in a 3m radius with another hamstring effect.
        • Slow Strength: 38% -> 25% (But the slow now stacks up to 2 times)

• First Attack Standtime: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Follow Up Attack Range: 5m -> 7m
        • Follow Up Attack Standtime: 0.1s -> 0.2s
        • Slow Duration: 5s -> 3s
        • Damage: 60.15 -> 66
        • Energycost: 10 -> 5
        • Jump Speed: 12.5m/s -> 16m/s
      Oh, by the way. Let's make the dungeon itself kill plyers, who try to kite a broadsword:
      "Now during an invasion a new mob type spawns in every corridor, which applies a stacking debuff to the first player passing it. Punishing players for resetting the fight too often"

Lol... is there really people, who were surprised, broadsword became so strong?))

The post was edited 3 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: I took out the dev insult. ().