Spears

• Hello.
      Spears are broken, just the fact that the Q gives 120%!!! more damage on hit its unbalanced, plus, gives range or slow depending on the Q.
      Then, you have an absurd amount of versatility compared to other weapons, his 2nd W gives an enormous amount of buffs for a 1.8s channel, that doesn't need to be completed!! His 3rd W, purges NOT only speeds, but also other affects that were supposed to come with the speed(for exemple, grailseeker 2nd W that gives stun, doesn't give stun if you purge the speed), which is broken, not only that, but if he purges successfully, gives 50% movement speed and 25% damage for 5 seconds!!!!! How is this balanced? Nobody can use boots close to him otherwise you give him 1/4 more damage and almost a secondary Run!! With 20s cooldown which is less then any boots!
      Then, you have the 4th W, which reflects 100% damage, increases your resistance by 151, and all that with just 10seconds cooldown, why did you make hunter hood? Hunter hood is garbage compared to this skill, and it was supposed to be an item made just for that....
      The 5th skill i believe i don't even need to talk about it(im sure you had enough complains already), it gives a ridiculous amount of damage in area, almost impossible to dodge and with 12seconds cooldown
      The 6th skill not only gives a good amount of damage, gives an insane root if you have your Q stacked, and also is an amazing gap closer, this with only 15 seconds cooldown, it makes no sense
      I wont even talk about E's individually, because i think if you nerf the Q's and W's its enough to make the weapon balanced, but for sure like this it isn't balanced, when i play corrupted i give 2/3 of everyone hp with 1 hit and E (pike), which is like 800 milliseconds, it makes no sense, even dagger which are supposed to be the 1vs1 1 shot weapons, give less damage then this... I give 250 damage ON HIT to cloth when im stacked, no weapon gives even close to that dps, and yes i can be purged, it takes 6 seconds to have the stacks up again, there is no purges that can purge at that rate. And thanks to this damage, the second passive is actually really strong, since i get 15% of the hp the enemy loses on hit, i get 38hp back with each hit i give
      Please look at this spear tree because its almost impossible to play against this weapon in 1vs1 or 2vs2.
      Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
      Vingas
    • spear is quite balanced
      it has one of the most diverse playstyles since its rework and is now viable for alot of content

its W choices allow for a variety of gameplay from one shot to aoe to even poke and soft cc for solo play/ ganking
      while there is the Best W for certain senarios but changing skill in combat is hard unless its a full reset after inspecting like in corrupted dungeon

but the reason why spear is not as famous/ meta is due to its can do good in all but not best in one

blood letter can execute and have good mobility
      axes(great axe and realm breaker) have more aoe and powerful E options which do more then spears but has less mobility
      reg bow has insane single target with armor pierce
      Mace and hammer has more harder hitting cc and more mobility
      and frost has more range, aoe, harder CC and blinks (mobility) then spears

there are just better choices to fill specific roles when compared to spears and that was why 10 months ago there was a call to buff spears but when it was buff swords became useless because the spear buffs made swords close to useless due to spears having more utility than swords
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

spear is quite balanced
      it has one of the most diverse playstyles since its rework and is now viable for alot of content

its W choices allow for a variety of gameplay from one shot to aoe to even poke and soft cc for solo play/ ganking
      while there is the Best W for certain senarios but changing skill in combat is hard unless its a full reset after inspecting like in corrupted dungeon

but the reason why spear is not as famous/ meta is due to its can do good in all but not best in one

blood letter can execute and have good mobility
      axes(great axe and realm breaker) have more aoe and powerful E options which do more then spears but has less mobility
      reg bow has insane single target with armor pierce
      Mace and hammer has more harder hitting cc and more mobility
      and frost has more range, aoe, harder CC and blinks (mobility) then spears

there are just better choices to fill specific roles when compared to spears and that was why 10 months ago there was a call to buff spears but when it was buff swords became useless because the spear buffs made swords close to useless due to spears having more utility than swords
      you outdated.
      AXES have more MOBILITY and yeah, AoE DAMAGE than spears. spears only good cause has solo target damage and versatile W to counter a variety of weapons.
      but as I say, COUNTERS, NOT MASTERS ANY SLOT other weapons really are on top.
    • The sustain damage from AA's is a little too much for small content, especially CRD's and 2v2 HG's, the amount of havoc a glaive in plate armour can dish out in 5v5's is nothing to be scoffed at either.
      105% attack bonus from 3 stacks is too little, as evident from the old versions of the game, 120% is too much (~8-9 pokes to kill a cloth target with 50%+ attack mod; even druids whom are supposedly good at dealing with sustain damage have severe troubles against spears), putting it somewhere inbetween like 112% would be wonderful.

In other aspects they are perhaps the pristine example of a balanced weapon.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • i feel spear's power budget is spread evenly among its skills and autos and each feels equaly impactful
      and this is compared to:

E focused power budget weapons like daggers, bows where one single E can decide the outcome of matches

then there is Q power focused weapons like axes and swords.
      axes used to have too much power on Q due to anti heal and bleed
      Swords reliant on sword stacks

then there are ability focused builds where they ignore autos and put most of the damage in abilities items such as fire, frost and curse and even most tank items such as hammer,mace and quater staff.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Quagga wrote:

Fabrizziou wrote:

Beside that it's a complete weapon that goes well but not perfect in many content
      trinity - mostly used as support weapon in HO smashing etc..glaive - meta 5v5
      daybreaker - 10v10/20v20
      spirithunter - zvz/smallscale
      heron/1h/pike - CD's/HG

yea spear is shity af :D :D :D
      What?

Trinity - Most used Spear in CD's. In fact all spears on that list are popular in CD's except Spirithunter

murderledger.com/builds/1v1_high_ip_7_day

I think Heron is the most fun to play but its underwhelming in some fights + the fact that everything is a skill shot means you lose if you miss one E.