Content Ideas

• Content Ideas

1. Ripoff "Strangelands" from UO Outlands

Details: Once per time zone, players can use a portal to enter a 'strange' land - no gear, no names, everyone looks the same, no groups allowed. It's a battle royale - last man standing wins a prize. Gear is available on the ground, in chests, or on mobs. Could have banks in the zone (or maybe not). Basically just steal whatever from here: uooutlands.com/wiki/Strangelands . Would work great in Albion, especially since "you are what you wear".

2. Implement treasure maps

Details: Tradable treasure maps drop from mobs and can be used to open a treasure container somewhere in the world. Could add a new harvesting profession (digging? lockpicking?) or reuse the current one (or make it independent from harvesting). Higher level maps could spawn mobs (ala UO). I think it would be cool if the map told you what zone the treasure was in, rather than randomly spawning it close by (ala dungeion maps), but either way works.

Discuss.
    • The truth is that I am not enthusiastic about a battleroyale mode, but who am I to say how people should play, I think it is a great idea for this game and attract new people.

And the treasure map seems like a great idea to me, although it should have some kind of limitation that you cannot teleport when you use it, because people would quickly find an facility to leave equipment or simply a horse on each bank and go to the closest one. . It could be a magic scroll that when you use it you have to walk a distance of X / X maps from where you opened it.
    • SirLoncho wrote:

The truth is that I am not enthusiastic about a battleroyale mode, but who am I to say how people should play, I think it is a great idea for this game and attract new people.

And the treasure map seems like a great idea to me, although it should have some kind of limitation that you cannot teleport when you use it, because people would quickly find an facility to leave equipment or simply a horse on each bank and go to the closest one. . It could be a magic scroll that when you use it you have to walk a distance of X / X maps from where you opened it.

One of the 'fun' parts about strangelands is that it is an event - doesn't happen so much that it gets boring/repetitive. Yes, agree about the limitation of fast travel while treasure hunting - good idea.

awanmakan wrote:

Hmm, maybe just a chaotic portal where a player would be teleported in a random black zone/avalon road. Like ripping off battle royale but only its entry stages, and when they arrive safely at royals they only get a pat on the back.

Hah, that would be crazy. How about "use this scroll to gain <item> in your backpack and be transported to random <tier> zone"? Not quite a battle royale, but that's a cool idea.