Crafting difficulties

• Crafting difficulties

Hello all, I've recently decided to do a little crafting, trying to focus on crafting swords. I've built a smelter and tanner for the hide and ore and have all the necessary ingredients... yet it still doesn't let me to craft it? Like it lets me craft around 20 (example) but when I go back to craft 200 or whatever, the button is grayed out.

The stations are fed and my inventory is empty when trying to craft, yet still unable to. Any tips?
    • Don't use your own station.....I have a done the math and unless you find a very low tax at a crafting station which BTW you WONT. The 15% extra you get does not out way the cost of silver from the tax. You see how many you make from the bonus 15% then look at the cost. Then look at the market and see how cheaper it is, thus how many more you could have bought from the market.....I'm talking t4 and below. When I get top t5 will do the math again. You would have to join a Strong guild to get the 0-5% tax rate. Going to other major cities to find that 1 crafting station that is like 10% takes a lot of time to get there and that time could be spent gathering more than the 15% bonus.

Crap I'm talking about refining.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TRon5454 ().

• Your island/guild island stations are not worth it unless the tax rate is insane (we are talking 150%+).

WetPrincess wrote:

Hello all, I've recently decided to do a little crafting, trying to focus on crafting swords. I've built a smelter and tanner for the hide and ore and have all the necessary ingredients... yet it still doesn't let me to craft it? Like it lets me craft around 20 (example) but when I go back to craft 200 or whatever, the button is grayed out.

The stations are fed and my inventory is empty when trying to craft, yet still unable to. Any tips?
      Do you have the right level of the station. You can only use the resources up to the level of the station. So level 5 station cannot craft/refine anything above 5. Additionally there is crafting capacity which can be a problem with new buildings. It starts at 0 and will start ticking up and right after building station and straight crafting can just use it all and then you have to wait a bit to craft more.
    • You probably already figured this out but there are a couple of things that you might want to check. Make sure that the crafting station has food. You can click the crafter's photo on the upper left panel and it will take you to a new screen where the details of the crafting station are at. This lets you change the taxes, access rights...etc. There is a section at the bottom for food. You can drag food over to give them nutrition. There is also a bar at the top that lists how much nutrition the station has.

The other issue is that the station may not be upgraded high enough. Click the crafter's icon again and there will be a button labeled Upgrade. It will take resources to upgrade per tier.