dear sbi pls nerf royal boots

• dear sbi pls nerf royal boots

i know than royal boots are so ez to interupt and need a delay to use it but the speed of boots its insane it will be so much game changing in cdg , it reduce the flexibility of the build that use in cd's and i hate it :evil:
    • because of this boots purge is like the main stay of CD ATM my reg bow is useless now
      looks like i will not be fighting in CD for a while
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Base movespeed: 5.5m/s

1 Wanderlust (Soldier boots) per 60s:
      % above base movespeed per second: 10% + 20% + 30% + 40% + 50% + 60% + 70% + 80% + 80% for 8s = 840% = 46.2 distance gained compared to a walking opponent in a single minute; (Later called MpM; meters per minute).
      2 Runs (Default skill) per 60s:
      14s with 160% (3.3m extra advantage per second of run) = 46.2mpm
      6 Hovers (Sandals of purity) per 60s:
      18s with 150% (2.75m per second) = 49.5mpm

2 Royal marches (Royal boots) per 60s:
      Cast range: 10m, Cast Duration: 2.5s = 4m/s movespeed during cast (-1.5mps)
      9% m/s per stack, 10 maximum stacks, 8s duration
      16s with 190% (4.95mps) - 5s with ~82% (-1.5mps) = 71.7mpm

Yeah being being able to interrupt it with CC during cast does not justify 20% defense and one and a half times more mobility than your average boot skill.

Suggestion: Reduce the punishability of the channel to make casting the skill mid-battle more preferable and reduce mobility to slightly above baseline levels.
      • MS per stack: 9% -> 6%
      • Channel duration: 2.5s -> 2s
      • Channel is now interruptible (Similar to Scholar sandals, also allows to cancel cast mid-point to better calibrate the amount of stacks you want)
      • Cast range: 10m -> 11m (Together with the Channel duration change this results in the regular movespeed of 5.5m/s during channel)
      • Min Cast range: 1m -> 11m (Channel cancel substitutes the clunky need in aiming to a discreet place on the ground, improves responsiveness as a result)
      After proposed change they would have 52.8mpm.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hattenhair ().

• 6 Hovers (Sandals of purity) per 60s:
      18s with 150% (2.75m per second) = 49.5mpm

as he said purity sandals are 49.5mpm, yes they were probably the best, but you see, there's not that much of a difference in 49.5 to 46.2 of 2 normal runs, on the other hand 71.7 of royal are kind of a BIG BIG BIG buff. Man, use some brain and understand that is like they buff a weapon to 2x base damage of any other weapon and you say "yeah, but it's been useless for 4 years" that's not reasonable. We like using (or being able to use) more weapons, good weapons, or shoes / armor, but good means that they have a play style, they can be countered and they can counter. Only kids like the "best option op shit full 999 stats" while the rest is totally shit compared back. We all can, and most of players do, put on some pair of royals boots and fight evenly with the same run, but that will not do any good to the game, neither to the content. No one likes going every time vs the same item, over and over, even if you are winning. And yes, counter plays can occur, meta will change and people will be ready, but that's again bullshit to have a over tuned item in the first place, in a game where you can "choose what you want".
    • Do you think they did not know what they were doing implementing this shitty skill? It is the way of combat balancing in this game when every patch comes with completely imbalanced reworked skills. You can only hope that these boots will be nerfed in 2 months, not 6.
    • @BraveArt
      i was totally fine during hallow fall meta and dagger meta
      even plate letter meta was not that bad for reg bow because they dont run purge normally
      swords and spears are also fine as we can evenly trade

but frost who runs helm of valor and black hands were my nemesis

there has been alot of newer people complaining about reg bow too strong but in this meta where royal boots are common place i keep seeing purges via fiend cowl and mage robes and helm of valor for the rich people in Corrupteds

and this puts my reg bow in a tough spot. purges are too strong against reg bow. so i have moved on to 1h mace for team fights.
      it is sad moving from reg bow main with 700 spec to 1h mace with 400/700 as my main pvp set up

still use reg bow for fame farming in CD but as a full time rat and not diving ppl anymore. feels bad man becoming a full time rat without ability to fight back due to the many purges

only saving grace is that reg bow still top tier for single target PvE damage and always welcomed in fame farm groups
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

• I am torn on the boots. They are clearly over tuned however they have removed almost all reset cancer shit from CDs which is a huge positive. Also they have provided the ability to catch shard rats which is also a big positive. Sometimes the positives outweigh the negatives!
    • Tabor wrote:

I am torn on the boots. They are clearly over tuned however they have removed almost all reset cancer shit from CDs which is a huge positive. Also they have provided the ability to catch shard rats which is also a big positive. Sometimes the positives outweigh the negatives!
      We're back to double merc curse and broadsword then.
      Square one it is.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • hatten i feel like the meta has shifted but not in a good way for my bows
      it has shifted to more brawler build types.

less softer targets to kill and more mobile melees

• The_Support_God wrote:

hatten i feel like the meta has shifted but not in a good way for my bows
      it has shifted to more brawler build types.

less softer targets to kill and more mobile melees
      Bold of you to assume that my firemage is in a good spot either.
      I had troubles catching up with people so I often put myself at obvious risks to bait people into overextending and killing them for it, but now I'm either getting poked from 2 screens away or getting caught up to from 2 screens away.
      Melee's are somewhat bearable because god and saviour firewall exists, so theres that.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • most fire builds i face run the cheese one shot fire build with keeper cape

the ones with no keeper cape that i used to face beat me using clever traps and fire artillary
      kind of even fight if they were not running mage robe

also fire has the new Q 3 skill with 20 meter range
      have not fight one of those yet but from what i saw people use those to make melees keep their distance and poke them from afar then fire wall to buy more space and time to cast more Q3

you should not be getting poke if you can change skills to Q3

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The double merc is a problem on many builds. Curse itself is actually tough to play if you play on any cloth robe. The mercenary jacket has been over due for a complete revamp for sometime now. Getting as much healing as cultist while still being able to move and attack has always been silly. Cultist robe should be the healing body item. Just my 2 cents.