We need more solo and PVE content

• PvE
    • Unangwata wrote:

People just do CD and face 1 opponent instead of gank group. They don't need to set up their own group. Maybe I'm wrong, but the problem with Black Zones started with introduction of Corrupted Dungeons. And the loot you get there is much too great if you compare it to regular ones.
      Also if you kill and win that 1 vs 1 no one gonna take your loot, in other way this can happen in open world and looters take your sh*t, so ppl prefer the easy way = CD
    • DiaDog wrote:

pls fck off go to play world of warcraft !!!! this game isnt a PVE GAME OMFG plssssssss!!!!!!!!
      i beg your pardon but yes it is. As I stated before, this is a sandbox MMORPG full loot pvp game. This is BOTH a pve and pvp game as most mmorpg are. Even if you cant see, pve helps the game a lot and the game is built on that, You may not agree but that doesn't mean you are right, just means you can't think properly.
    • hFly wrote:

DiaDog wrote:

pls fck off go to play world of warcraft !!!! this game isnt a PVE GAME OMFG plssssssss!!!!!!!!
      i beg your pardon but yes it is. As I stated before, this is a sandbox MMORPG full loot pvp game. This is BOTH a pve and pvp game as most mmorpg are. Even if you cant see, pve helps the game a lot and the game is built on that, You may not agree but that doesn't mean you are right, just means you can't think properly.
      I agree with both of you. BUT! The developers themselves in all commercials and promos say "This is a hardcore MMO sandbox." I want to play hardcore MMO with PVP and full loot.

It remains to fasten even more PVE with safe zones, and then no one will leave the safe zones for sure. Except in the damned dungeons.

Согласен с вами обоими. НО! Сами разработчики во всех рекламных роликах и промо говорят "Это хардкорная ММО песочница". Я в первую очередь хочу играть в хардкорую ММО с ПВП и фул лутом.

Осталось ещё больше ПВЕ с безопасными зонами прикрутить и тогда точно из безопасных зон никто не выйдет. Разве что в проклятые подземелья.
    • MoreChok wrote:

I agree with both of you. BUT! The developers themselves in all commercials and promos say "This is a hardcore MMO sandbox." I want to play hardcore MMO with PVP and full loot.
      It remains to fasten even more PVE with safe zones, and then no one will leave the safe zones for sure. Except in the damned dungeons.
      I believe you can't agree with both of us. I by no means said that we need safe pve. I said that pve is essential to this game, and of course we are missing more solo/smallscale AND/OR pve activity.
      The overly agressive child only is ranting and throwing a tantrum and saying that we don't need PVE and this is only a PVP game.
      I could also say: "Guys, this is a PVE+PVP game, just go to CS:GO or Fortnite if you want a PVP only game" but that would just be cheap.
    • I'm on some additions/changes in pve... Let's rework (backwork?) static dungeons... If I'm correct in beta when mob kill You then You were killed, make it happen again! Buff up exp in static (mby add some special loot also) and make mobs lethal :) In that way we will have new, better pve option and also will have extra item/silver sink.
    • NdwZ wrote:

I'm on some additions/changes in pve... Let's rework (backwork?) static dungeons... If I'm correct in beta when mob kill You then You were killed, make it happen again! Buff up exp in static (mby add some special loot also) and make mobs lethal :) In that way we will have new, better pve option and also will have extra item/silver sink.
      I like this..pve no more boring..no more get knockdown and pass all mobs for the chests..a lot of issues solved
    • In my opinion, Albion is really not that bad on solo content if you compare it to other games. I would venture to say you can do a lot more in Albion as a solo player than in other games if you consider economy activities like transporting, trading etc. I think the main problem devs are facing is that there is so many activities and it is hard as hell to balance one type of activity like corrupted dungeons without affecting other activities. Thus constant changes and tinkering with PVP aspects. In addition to that, you got this portion of player base complaining about imaginary problem of "open world dying". This is of course complete bull, because at any moment you can go into the "open world" and you will get chased down and killed by 5 to 10 gankers maybe occasional zerg. What is really not helping is you tubers creating "Make millions from ganking" videos showing how few people with flat tier 5 gear can take down everybody they run into and scoring massive loot. It's like one video "Guys! In today's video I'm gonna show you how to kill everyone you run into" and than its " Dang!! Where is everyone? why is it so empty here all of the sudden? SBI please Fix!!"
    • Drunkhog wrote:

In my opinion, Albion is really not that bad on solo content if you compare it to other games. I would venture to say you can do a lot more in Albion as a solo player than in other games if you consider economy activities like transporting, trading etc. I think the main problem devs are facing is that there is so many activities and it is hard as hell to balance one type of activity like corrupted dungeons without affecting other activities. Thus constant changes and tinkering with PVP aspects. In addition to that, you got this portion of player base complaining about imaginary problem of "open world dying". This is of course complete bull, because at any moment you can go into the "open world" and you will get chased down and killed by 5 to 10 gankers maybe occasional zerg. What is really not helping is you tubers creating "Make millions from ganking" videos showing how few people with flat tier 5 gear can take down everybody they run into and scoring massive loot. It's like one video "Guys! In today's video I'm gonna show you how to kill everyone you run into" and than its " Dang!! Where is everyone? why is it so empty here all of the sudden? SBI please Fix!!"
      Based

Well open world dying is not too much an imaginary problem, it's a unviable content for many sides:

- Small parties that want to try new content and go roaming and have a pretty good specs and equip looking for another roaming ppl
      - Solo roamers (with some experience of pvp) that want to try hunting down gatherers or another roaming ppl

And many more ruined by +20 ganking "pro player" groups with 1000 ip average roaming for 3 hours and not finding another groups to farm (and if they find another group of their kind will flee after the first casualties), not to mention big alliances with 12398103483904884 HO's in a zone making it another safe zone for their allies and wiping any intruder on sight or around the zone (and if they got overwhelmed by some reason just run to the safety of their HO and be happy).

In red zone the problem is even worse by the growing groups of pk police, making red zones another safe zone for blues gankers (and for gatherers but that's good)
      I'm only glad with that police when they take out another zerg, but most time is annoying going pk in max groups of 4-5 and being wiped by +15 ppl with 950 average ip

That near-absurd risk is why many ppl just take cheap equip to full loot zones or eventually leave that zones cuz they found safer options of economy.

The reward vs risk doesn't worths in open world, so we can somehow say that it's dead as it's only played by n00bies zergs trying to get profit for +20 ppl by killing few gatherers or another ppl returning from dg's or hg's

That's why I just like "balanced" pvp modes (CDG's, HG's, etc), although they have their own issues (for example they turned into a rock paper scissor matchmaking)
      War Gloves supremacy

The post was edited 4 times, last by Fabrizziou ().

• Fabrizziou wrote:

Based
      Well open world dying is not too much an imaginary problem, it's a unviable content for many sides:
      - +20 ganking "pro player" groups with 1000 ip average roaming for 3 hours and not finding another groups to farm (and if they find another group of their kind will flee after the first casualties)
      - Small parties that want to try new content and go roaming and have a pretty good specs and equip looking for another roaming ppl
      - Solo roamers (with some experience of pvp) that want to try hunting down gatherers or another roaming ppl

And many more ruined by +20 ganking "pro player" groups with 1000 ip average roaming for 3 hours and not finding another groups to farm (and if they find another group of their kind will flee after the first casualties), not to mention big alliances with 12398103483904884 HO's in a zone making it another safe zone for their allies and wiping any intruder on sight or around the zone (and if they got overwhelmed by some reason just run to the safety of their HO and be happy).

In red zone the problem is even worse by the growing groups of pk police, making red zones another safe zone for blues gankers (and for gatherers but that's good)
      I'm only glad with that police when they take out another zerg, but most time is annoying going pk in max groups of 4-5 and being wiped by +15 ppl with 950 average ip

That near-absurd risk is why many ppl just take cheap equip to full loot zones or eventually leave that zones cuz they found safer options of economy.

The reward vs risk doesn't worths in open world, so we can somehow say that it's dead as it's only played by n00bies zergs trying to get profit for +20 ppl by killing few gatherers or another ppl returning from dg's or hg's

That's why I just like "balanced" pvp modes (CDG's, HG's, etc), although it has it's own issues (for example they turned into a rock paper scissor matchmaking)
      Agreed. Risk in black zones does not match the rewards obtained in yellow or red zones. If they want more people in black zones they gotta sweeten the pot more.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drunkhog ().