We need more solo and PVE content

    • PvE
    • hFly wrote:

      CallMeGosu wrote:

      thats 100% true.but the pve fraction of this game always want save pve and this is slowly killing the game.
      i like to pve in albion. i just dont like save pve and if i like it or not does not even matter because its just bad for the game.
      we "had" smallscale open world content but carebear qq boys killed it and it got replaced by open world hce.
      Yes I agree. Although i'm from the PVE fraction I know that safe PVE is kinda meh, never really liked the safe pve like HCE. But right now we don't really have a spur to go to riskier PVE content, like, the risk vs reward formula is waaay t0o broken right now.Like, I never managed to finish a single dungeon in the roads, every-single-time a few guys manage to sneak in and try to kill me.
      Everytime I try to go in the BZ to do some fame farm is always the same shit, I sneak a few maps deep, don't get scouted by anyone, then out of nowhere 5 guys from Arch randomly appear in the SRD to try to kill me, I leave the dg and there are 10 more outside, either I die or leave and lose 40min of my life. These kind of hacks that show your position is just bullshit for small-scale / solo.
      Of course when I was in a big alliance that wasn't the case, but the few hours that I had to play where always eaten by mandatory CTAs and stuff, so 90% of the time I was playing I was "working for another guy" and not playing my game.

      A few years ago wasn't like this, It was both worth to go reds and black to farm (money-wise and fame-wise), it wasn't hard to go on 6.1 T7-T8, clear a few dgs and go back with 4m worth of loot. Now, even if I try to go T8 gear to fast clear a dg it gives about 50 to 100k each dg so its not like you can pay your gear in 1 or 2 dgs like it was before, and the ganks are still as usual as always if not more.
      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      Its even harder as a PT, since if you don't have a scout you just die miserably by a giant squad comming at your back (pun intended).

      Cause TBH 60% or 80% increase of shit is still shit and that don't really makes my heart pounce for the risk of that. 2.5x or 3x thaaat could change things.
      So I quite agree that we need a fresh look in the PVE content, geez, I can't even run maps on reds and blacks anymore, since I just need to flee the dgs and loose my precious 6.3 or 7.3 maps.
      i agree too there.
      random dungeons need to get buffed, at least the group ones.
      you cant buff the solo ones cause they are simply to save. the pve carebears cut there own fingers and i told them that they will get nerfed to the ground when sbi listen and make them safer.
      i would like to get old rd back that where worth all the fights.

      second big problem are hideouts. implemented for small guilds? nah.... they are spammed by alliances to make whole zones 300% save. there has to be a cap of hideouts/alliance and a limit of 1 per zone.
      i hope they adress this with theyr next open world patch because nobody will play open world anyway if they let hideouts untouched.

      EDIT: and imho this are the big killers atm. there is no need of content. there is a huge need of removing save spots and buffing the value of the activity.
    • hFly wrote:

      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      This is so true and some "Super Pro PlayerS" dont like this because they just want you on pvp areas for loot you with their t4 shit ganker set infinite stun and make your time worth 0....
    • MrDaS wrote:

      hFly wrote:

      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      This is so true and some "Super Pro PlayerS" dont like this because they just want you on pvp areas for loot you with their t4 shit ganker set infinite stun and make your time worth 0....
      its like in real life. when your at the bottom of the food chain everyone who is better is just a bad person!
      ask yourself why u get killed by some t4 guys XD
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

      its like in real life. when your at the bottom of the food chain everyone who is better is just a bad person!
      ask yourself why u get killed by some t4 guys XD
      Is just an example of what happen on this game.

      Also dont compare this game with real life just dont.....

      I can see your hate, angry and crazy acttitude in your comment... Just WHAT??

      Why t4 guys kill someone is because they looking for fun even if the victim is using a t3 even when the logic says that is not worth for PK.
    • MrDaS wrote:

      CallMeGosu wrote:

      its like in real life. when your at the bottom of the food chain everyone who is better is just a bad person!
      ask yourself why u get killed by some t4 guys XD
      Is just an example of what happen on this game.
      Also dont compare this game with real life just dont.....

      I can see your hate, angry and crazy acttitude in your comment... Just WHAT??

      Why t4 guys kill someone is because they looking for fun even if the victim is using a t3 even when the logic says that is not worth for PK.
      its more like i see some hate in your comment lol XD
      whats the reaction that you expect if you speak for everybody?
      and i can compare that to real life because we talk about a behavior as a result of failing.
      and this is a good example. if you cant compete all others are "Super Pro PlayerS" that just wanna farm you.
      but thats not even the point. the point is that save content just makes risk meaningless.
      when you lose often and your not very good at the game you can pull out good gains by running budget gear. even for very bad players there are price ranges to profit.
      im doing my solo ow shit most of the time in 8.1 and sometimes i die. thats the game but at the long run i make my money.
      if you die more often then go 6 flat. what can you lose? it does not cost something at all and even if you die here and there you will make more at the long run then u do in t5 zones (if you dont die every 10 minutes at least).
    • What I notice most people try to change game based on what they "like". They like "this", they want it, they don't like "that", remove it..
      Whats the problem with the game having many aspects for everyone. PVE in dangerous zones for those who like risk. PVP for those who hunt them, and for bashing each other for some reason. Safe PVE for those who don't like to walk and just want some action. I don't see any of those negate any other. Just add more content for lacking aspects so the game will be attractive for everyone.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

      MrDaS wrote:

      hFly wrote:

      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      This is so true and some "Super Pro PlayerS" dont like this because they just want you on pvp areas for loot you with their t4 shit ganker set infinite stun and make your time worth 0....
      its like in real life. when your at the bottom of the food chain everyone who is better is just a bad person!ask yourself why u get killed by some t4 guys XD
      Is better at what ? I did PVP for 20 years before I grown out of it and all I can say PVPers didn't reach civilized human level yet. Most of them got small d*ck problem and try to compensate, those who are successful think it has grown. The smaller the dog,the more barking. Besides, they whine and cry all the time, and act like babies.
      Personally I avoid PVPers because they are just annoying.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

    • Might be just me but I encountered more pure PvP players who are impatient, whiny and sense of superiority.
      The pure gatherers/crafters are chill, there are some with aversion to Black zones.

      Some mixed ones (pvp&pve) are like completionists. Like they have an itch and scratch to 100.
    • Unangwata wrote:

      Aynraynd wrote:

      Firs off, just because there are people that likes more pvp or pve that doesnt mean they are 50/50% (should be obvious).

      U have solo DG (100% safe now) and can rat CD. Also u can just kill OW mobs now.


      Why should a group pvp focused game realease more solo pve content?
      Focus is what you make. One of the reasons could be so you can use your head more: 50%/50% was remark about wining and losing. Some people die more, some win more, it's obvious 2 guys fighting can't both win, right ?It almost looks as if you cry about PVE so you can say that Albion is PVP focused game.
      Ok, are u just saying "pvp is bad coz just half win and then will be happy". U are wrong. Some people like more the pvp even if they lose mostly times. pvp content isnt about win, is about content, how do u do the things and deal with the possibilities. When I lose, i didnt feel frustraded, i try to figure out where can i improve, where i mistake and I try it again to show to myself that I can still grow up and understand the mechanics.

      U can say whaterver u want, AO is a pvp group oriented mmorpg. U can have solo and / or pve content,but isnt the big point. There is a lot of pve mmorpgs that u can "chill" or do whatever boring thing.

      To me, u are just another pve player, that isnt able to use the brain against people that can use their brain , that cry when is ganked and wanna just a ez farm.

      And again, u can have a comunity where 10% win and 90% loses the battles. Try do the math 8)
    • Unangwata wrote:

      CallMeGosu wrote:

      MrDaS wrote:

      hFly wrote:

      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      This is so true and some "Super Pro PlayerS" dont like this because they just want you on pvp areas for loot you with their t4 shit ganker set infinite stun and make your time worth 0....
      its like in real life. when your at the bottom of the food chain everyone who is better is just a bad person!ask yourself why u get killed by some t4 guys XD
      Is better at what ? I did PVP for 20 years before I grown out of it and all I can say PVPers didn't reach civilized human level yet. Most of them got small d*ck problem and try to compensate, those who are successful think it has grown. The smaller the dog,the more barking. Besides, they whine and cry all the time, and act like babies.Personally I avoid PVPers because they are just annoying.
      maybe try less pvp focused games then?
      solutions are simple sometimes....
      there are many theme park mmos where pvp is just a feature and nothing essential.
      this is simply not the case in albion. its much more then just a feature in this game and you have to deal with that....
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      CallMeGosu wrote:

      MrDaS wrote:

      hFly wrote:

      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      This is so true and some "Super Pro PlayerS" dont like this because they just want you on pvp areas for loot you with their t4 shit ganker set infinite stun and make your time worth 0....
      its like in real life. when your at the bottom of the food chain everyone who is better is just a bad person!ask yourself why u get killed by some t4 guys XD
      Is better at what ? I did PVP for 20 years before I grown out of it and all I can say PVPers didn't reach civilized human level yet. Most of them got small d*ck problem and try to compensate, those who are successful think it has grown. The smaller the dog,the more barking. Besides, they whine and cry all the time, and act like babies.Personally I avoid PVPers because they are just annoying.
      maybe try less pvp focused games then?solutions are simple sometimes....
      there are many theme park mmos where pvp is just a feature and nothing essential.
      this is simply not the case in albion. its much more then just a feature in this game and you have to deal with that....
      Man, I like Albion the way it is. Do you see me complaining ? Want more content. Albion is bit like real world, it's just a setting. You do what you chose. It's not PVP focused game, it's free game where you do what you like. You chose to PVP, it doesn't make the game PVP.
      The fact that there are Black Zones doesn't entail you to attack anyone. It's your choice to do so. Game just gives you free choice. And that's what you do with that freedom. You are responsible for your actions, don't say game made you do it...lol, or other people..

      That freedom I like the most. I wouldn't make it any different. I'm glad there are safe "civilized" zones, and there are lawless dangerous zones. If i want risk I go there.
      But like I said, freedom doesn't make game PVP. It's what people do.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Unangwata ().

    • I don't think more quality solo pve content will not hurt the pvp aspect players crave. Just route it to full loot zones.
      What specific details on the content would be SBI's headache.

      Ignoring solo players even in an MMO would alienate a lot of current and potential players.
      Group activities have one problem and that is you have to join a group.

      I can solo play and wait for other guildmates/alliance to login/BAK.
    • Hi, it is honestly very difficult to find the content and I think I know why. if there is, players are simply not motivated to create content in areas that are not secure.

      today we find all content in secure areas

      - We meet ZvZ in the blue and yellow zone of the "faction war".
      - Corrupted and hellgates in the yellow zone without risk. and from caerleon you will only find people with build t4.
      - Gankers in the red zone. and it's not that I'm complaining about the gankers, I only see people t4 and t5 killing others t4 and t5.
      - Lonely and group dungeons too safe from my point of view. "I preferred dungeons that didn't close because they were a bit more risky but had much better loot than now."

      After plugging in and reviewing the Red, Black and Avalonian maps, it is very difficult to find any kind of pve or pvp content. and when you compare it to the blue and yellow maps, you can see the big difference. everyone is currently in these areas.

      I think players don't see the need to get out of safe areas as there is all sorts of content in these areas; There is currently not much difference between a yellow zone to a red zone dungeon and a red zone to a black zone t6 map.


      If I was a new player and entered the game, I see that all the content is in these safe zones; because you would have the need to go out to other areas where you could possibly die and not receive much profit.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by SplattLattam ().

    • SplattLattam wrote:

      Hi, it is honestly very difficult to find the content and I think I know why. if there is, players are simply not motivated to create content in areas that are not secure.

      today we find all content in secure areas

      - We meet ZvZ in the blue and yellow zone of the "faction war".
      - Corrupted and hellgates in the yellow zone without risk. and from caerleon you will only find people with build t4.
      - Gankers in the red zone. and it's not that I'm complaining about the gankers, I only see people t4 and t5 killing others t4 and t5.
      - Lonely and group dungeons too safe from my point of view. "I preferred dungeons that didn't close because they were a bit more risky but had much better loot than now."

      After plugging in and reviewing the Red, Black and Avalonian maps, it is very difficult to find any kind of pve or pvp content. and when you compare it to the blue and yellow maps, you can see the big difference. everyone is currently in these areas.

      I think players don't see the need to get out of safe areas as there is all sorts of content in these areas; There is currently not much difference between a yellow zone to a red zone dungeon and a red zone to a black zone t6 map.


      If I was a new player and entered the game, I see that all the content is in these safe zones; because you would have the need to go out to other areas where you could possibly die and not receive much profit.
      Furiously plus. And on my own I will add a little more. Even being in a decent guild that has ZVZ in black zones, I find it difficult to find content in dangerous locations for a small group. There is a nominal content (capture of outposts, HG, gangs). But that's not it. Nowadays it is almost impossible to simply gather a group of 7-12 people and go to fight with other similar groups. You can run for hours in black zones and never find anyone to fight with.

      Sorry if the translation is incorrect. (Извините если перевод некорректный.)

      Неистово плюсую. А от себя добавлю ещё немного. Даже находясь в приличной гильдии, у которой есть ЗВЗ в черных зонах, мне сложно найти контент в опасных локациях для маленькой группы. Номинальна контент есть (захват форпостов, ХГ, ганги). Но это всё не то. Сейчас почти нет возможности просто собрать группу из 7-12 человек и пойти драться с другими такими же группами. Можно бегать часами по черным зонам и так и не найти с кем подраться.
    • SplattLattam wrote:

      Hi, it is honestly very difficult to find the content and I think I know why. if there is, players are simply not motivated to create content in areas that are not secure.

      today we find all content in secure areas

      - We meet ZvZ in the blue and yellow zone of the "faction war".
      - Corrupted and hellgates in the yellow zone without risk. and from caerleon you will only find people with build t4.
      - Gankers in the red zone. and it's not that I'm complaining about the gankers, I only see people t4 and t5 killing others t4 and t5.
      - Lonely and group dungeons too safe from my point of view. "I preferred dungeons that didn't close because they were a bit more risky but had much better loot than now."

      After plugging in and reviewing the Red, Black and Avalonian maps, it is very difficult to find any kind of pve or pvp content. and when you compare it to the blue and yellow maps, you can see the big difference. everyone is currently in these areas.

      I think players don't see the need to get out of safe areas as there is all sorts of content in these areas; There is currently not much difference between a yellow zone to a red zone dungeon and a red zone to a black zone t6 map.


      If I was a new player and entered the game, I see that all the content is in these safe zones; because you would have the need to go out to other areas where you could possibly die and not receive much profit.
      All nice except you miss one thing. People stay in safe zones because obviously they want to. It seems Albion attracts lots of nonPVPers. Seems people enjoy gathering, crafting, farming, trading, dungeons, exploring etc etc...
      Now if you just force them to go lethal zones you want, they may just quit and find the game where they can do that stuff. Maybe it's better for you, but popularity wise and real money making wise, which is what developers want, I doubt that will happen. You just want to satisfy one group of players -PVPers, by claiming it is PVP game, which it is not. It's just one aspect of the game, like you can see that by looking at population that does other things than PVP.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Unangwata ().

    • Unangwata wrote:

      SplattLattam wrote:

      Hi, it is honestly very difficult to find the content and I think I know why. if there is, players are simply not motivated to create content in areas that are not secure.

      today we find all content in secure areas

      - We meet ZvZ in the blue and yellow zone of the "faction war".
      - Corrupted and hellgates in the yellow zone without risk. and from caerleon you will only find people with build t4.
      - Gankers in the red zone. and it's not that I'm complaining about the gankers, I only see people t4 and t5 killing others t4 and t5.
      - Lonely and group dungeons too safe from my point of view. "I preferred dungeons that didn't close because they were a bit more risky but had much better loot than now."

      After plugging in and reviewing the Red, Black and Avalonian maps, it is very difficult to find any kind of pve or pvp content. and when you compare it to the blue and yellow maps, you can see the big difference. everyone is currently in these areas.

      I think players don't see the need to get out of safe areas as there is all sorts of content in these areas; There is currently not much difference between a yellow zone to a red zone dungeon and a red zone to a black zone t6 map.


      If I was a new player and entered the game, I see that all the content is in these safe zones; because you would have the need to go out to other areas where you could possibly die and not receive much profit.
      All nice except you miss one thing. People stay in safe zones because obviously they want to. It seems Albion attracts lots of nonPVPers. Seems people enjoy gathering, crafting, farming, trading, dungeons, exploring etc etc...Now if you just force them to go lethal zones you want, they may just quit and find the game where they can do that stuff. Maybe it's better for you, but popularity wise and real money making wise, which is what developers want, I doubt that will happen. You just want to satisfy one group of players -PVPers, by claiming it is PVP game, which it is not. It's just one aspect of the game, like you can see that by looking at population that does other things than PVP.
      and they can stay in save zones, thats theyr right. but lethal zones have to be much better.
      maybe yellow needs the ip cap again to make it less effective.
      your right, ppl have to have the choice but staying in save zones has to be much less rewarding then it is actualy.
      the game can live without some pve handy dudes. it ever did since it exist but it CANT live without the pvp playerbase.
    • Again, as a PVE player the problem isn't that I don't wanna risky myself, I actually do want, but there is no reason to risk.
      First of all I do go constantly do PVE on reds but isn't worth at all.
      I think capping IP on yellows is just a lazy way to try to solve the issue, because its already way too bad if we compare to 1 to 2y ago.
      Yellows dg gives shitty Fame and for loot about on average (with premium):
      - 2k on Green Chest (Common)
      - 4k on Blue Chest (Uncommon)
      - 10k on Purple Chest (Rare)
      - 50k on Yellow Chest (Legendary)
      (jackpots may occur from time to time)

      The solution you are suggesting would be ok if Yellows where just too good, but the problem is that it isn't the case, Yellows are bad, but at least is bad and safe. Problem with Reds and Black is that is bad and not safe, if something isn't safe it's supposed to be way better than currently is.

      If we compare to Reds the fame/loot increase is only about 40% better, and Blacks are 70% better than Yellows. Considering that if you are not a handholder you most certaily will be putting yourself in quite a risk at BlackZone, the risk isn't worth at all.

      If I wanna have mixed PVP/PVE I just need to do Corrupted Dungeons. Then I don't need to be worried that i'll be ganked by a 20 ppl squad from Arch that is constantly roaming around looking for blood.

      We have also a problem that the dungeon "nodes" (the place where dungeons spawn, they are fixed on the map even though not always will spawn a dg there) are now being shared between SRD, GRD, CD, Duo HG, Group HG. Meaning that the more dgs you do in a map, the less chance is to find that dg unless some1 clears the other ones. Everyday I try to grind I end up after 2 or 3 hours "locking the map", so every dungeon node is either GRD, CD or HG and therefore no more SRDs spawn.
    • I agree. Yellow suck. But I think it's not about that lethal zones suck too. It's just risk is too great. You need guild to operate there. For lone player it's not worth the effort. At least not for inexperienced one. And there are many new players right now. And old hungry gankers wait for them, but they not come..lol.

      I think major reason black zones are less popular is Corrupted Dungeons. People just do CD and face 1 opponent instead of gank group. They don't need to set up their own group. Maybe I'm wrong, but the problem with Black Zones started with introduction of Corrupted Dungeons. And the loot you get there is much too great if you compare it to regular ones.