We need more solo and PVE content

• PvE
    • the game is based on pvp. gear is a consumable in albion.
      every aspect of the game is build around the cycle of creating and destroying stuff.
      pve wont work in this game and when sbi focus on pve theyr game will die. its just that simple....
      there are plenty pve games. feel free to play them....

sbi made the mistake a single time and listened to pve guys. that cost them 95% of the playerbase.
      they wont do this again, trust me.
    • I sincerely hope that PVE content (and even more so PVE solo) will not develop, or will develop minimally and with the expectation that PVP content and content for small groups would not suffer. Now and so there is almost no way to find a fight with a small group of people in the open world. It is possible to spend several hours running through black zones and still not find normal content. This, in my opinion, is a much bigger problem.
    • Unangwata wrote:

Why you focus on adding only PVP features ? You want frustrated and restless community ?
      With PVP only 50% of people are glad. Other 50% that loses more is frustrated.

Add option to chill out more with solo and PVE content.
      The game needs more content, but not more "solo PVE" content. Small and large group PVE, open world PVE/PVP objectives, and exploration-based PVE/PVP objectives (treasure hunting, e.g.) would be good additions. Solo PVE content is *barely* content.
    • MoreChok wrote:

I sincerely hope that PVE content (and even more so PVE solo) will not develop, or will develop minimally and with the expectation that PVP content and content for small groups would not suffer. Now and so there is almost no way to find a fight with a small group of people in the open world. It is possible to spend several hours running through black zones and still not find normal content. This, in my opinion, is a much bigger problem.
      And you think PVE players will go run black zones if you remove PVE ? Or they quit ?

CallMeGosu wrote:

the game is based on pvp. gear is a consumable in albion.
      every aspect of the game is build around the cycle of creating and destroying stuff.
      pve wont work in this game and when sbi focus on pve theyr game will die. its just that simple....

sbi made the mistake a single time and listened to pve guys. that cost them 95% of the playerbase.
      I don't think you grasp the market aspect. Even if you remove consuming (destroying) items entirely, market will still exist, just different prices. Black Market is main way of redistributing items, and studying for training is removing of cheap items. PVP plays minor role.
    • Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

I sincerely hope that PVE content (and even more so PVE solo) will not develop, or will develop minimally and with the expectation that PVP content and content for small groups would not suffer. Now and so there is almost no way to find a fight with a small group of people in the open world. It is possible to spend several hours running through black zones and still not find normal content. This, in my opinion, is a much bigger problem.
      And you think PVE players will go run black zones if you remove PVE ? Or they quit ?

CallMeGosu wrote:

I don't think you grasp the market aspect. Even if you remove consuming (destroying) items entirely, market will still exist, just different prices. Black Market is main way of redistributing items, and studying for training is removing of cheap items. PVP plays minor role.
      if you think that pvp plays a minor role in the economy of albion you prob play a different game then i do....

btw, nobody study items for crafting since you can powerlevel with profit without focus.
      8.3 is not that rare like endgame stuff in other games. without trashing and risk everybody would have 8.3 and nothing would have any value. no resources, no runes, nothing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

• CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

if you think that pvp plays a minor role in the economy of albion you prob play a different game then i do....
      btw, nobody study items for crafting since you can powerlevel with profit without focus.
      8.3 is not that rare like endgame stuff in other games. without trashing and risk everybody would have 8.3 and nothing would have any value. no resources, no runes, nothing.
      Perhaps you play different game ? Powerlevel with profit ? Regular items are cheaper than mats.. instead of crafting you buy them and study. How often people use 8.3 in lethal PVP ?
      If you think nothing would have value then where would you get your gear, especially higher quality, if nobody bothered to craft it ?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Unangwata ().

• Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

if you think that pvp plays a minor role in the economy of albion you prob play a different game then i do....btw, nobody study items for crafting since you can powerlevel with profit without focus.
      Perhaps you play different game ? Powerlevel with profit ? Regular items are cheaper than mats.. instead of crafting you buy them and study. How often people use 8.3 in lethal PVP ?If you think nothing would have value then where would you get your gear, especially higher quality, if nobody bothered to craft it ?
      i level all my craftings with profit....
      no, most regular items are not cheaper then mats. at least it never happened to me.
      you should think about your calculations and your selling price. black market is still a thing and bulks are nice for traders, even when you are not the cheapest order.
      people use 8.3 often in lethal, even in open world.
      ppl only bother to craft because gear leave the game. if gear would not leave the game anymore crafting would be dead 3 days later.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

if you think that pvp plays a minor role in the economy of albion you prob play a different game then i do....btw, nobody study items for crafting since you can powerlevel with profit without focus.8.3 is not that rare like endgame stuff in other games. without trashing and risk everybody would have 8.3 and nothing would have any value. no resources, no runes, nothing.
      Perhaps you play different game ? Powerlevel with profit ? Regular items are cheaper than mats.. instead of crafting you buy them and study. How often people use 8.3 in lethal PVP ?If you think nothing would have value then where would you get your gear, especially higher quality, if nobody bothered to craft it ?
      i level all my craftings with profit....no, most regular items are not cheaper then mats. at least it never happened to me.
      you should think about your calculations and your selling price. black market is still a thing and bulks are nice for traders, even when you are not the cheapest order.
      ppl only bother to craft because gear leave the game. if gear would not leave the game anymore crafting would be dead 3 days later.
      Then you lost lots of money because you didn't bother to check prices.
      Gear would leave the game, on semi level to Black Market, and people would massively salvage because prices would be different, and people wallets aswell. Plus if items were cheap people would not repair, they would buy new ones.
      it's just different reality, because that will never happen. PVE can co-exists along PVP and you don't need to fight PVE expansion of the game because it only makes it more popular and PVP player pool grows independently of PVE player pool. You should encourage both aspect growth instead of tunnel-visioning.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Unangwata ().

• Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

if you think that pvp plays a minor role in the economy of albion you prob play a different game then i do....btw, nobody study items for crafting since you can powerlevel with profit without focus.8.3 is not that rare like endgame stuff in other games. without trashing and risk everybody would have 8.3 and nothing would have any value. no resources, no runes, nothing.
      i level all my craftings with profit....no, most regular items are not cheaper then mats. at least it never happened to me.you should think about your calculations and your selling price. black market is still a thing and bulks are nice for traders, even when you are not the cheapest order.
      Then you lost lots of money because you didn't bother to check prices.Gear would leave the game, on semi level to Black Market, and people would massively salvage because prices would be different, and people wallets aswell. Plus if items were cheap people would not repair, they would buy new ones.
      it's just different reality, because that will never happen. PVE can co-exists along PVP and you don't need to fight PVE expansion of the game because it only makes it more popular and PVP player pool grows independently of PVE player pool. You should encourage both aspect growth instead of tunnel-visioning.
      yeah, i lost money cause i did not check prices....
      if you just know how much money i made by crafting....

you should make some sheets and you should check city boni and book returns. around 70% return without focus...

no, it does not grow independently.
      when hg nerved and only hce was a thing the steam chart of albion went to the bottom.
      without the introduction of rd albion would be dead now.
      a pve player does not matter cause he simply does not contribute to the game.
      if you have millions of solo pve players the game would not feel more living.
      albion is a pvp sandbox game. its whole economics are build around this. for this kind of game it already has to much save pve. it simply does not need more.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

i level all my craftings with profit....no, most regular items are not cheaper then mats. at least it never happened to me.you should think about your calculations and your selling price. black market is still a thing and bulks are nice for traders, even when you are not the cheapest order.people use 8.3 often in lethal, even in open world.
      Then you lost lots of money because you didn't bother to check prices.Gear would leave the game, on semi level to Black Market, and people would massively salvage because prices would be different, and people wallets aswell. Plus if items were cheap people would not repair, they would buy new ones.it's just different reality, because that will never happen. PVE can co-exists along PVP and you don't need to fight PVE expansion of the game because it only makes it more popular and PVP player pool grows independently of PVE player pool. You should encourage both aspect growth instead of tunnel-visioning.
      yeah, i lost money cause i did not check prices....if you just know how much money i made by crafting....

you should make some sheets and you should check city boni and book returns. around 70% return without focus...

when hg nerved and only hce was a thing the steam chart of albion went to the bottom.
      albion is a pvp sandbox game. its whole economics are build around this. for this kind of game it already has to much save pve. it simply does not need more.
      Sorry man, you are retard. Arguments don't affect you.PVE player doesn't contribute to the game ? Maybe your game. I bet developers are happy. Removing PVE won't make those players start PVP, they will just quit. Having PVE doesn't harm PVP, it attracts PVE players, they come and play, everyone is happy, otherwise you would have lesser playerbase composed only of PVPers. If you are not happy then maybe you should work on your tolerance instead making everyone do what you do so you feel more confident.
    • Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

MoreChok wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

i level all my craftings with profit....no, most regular items are not cheaper then mats. at least it never happened to me.you should think about your calculations and your selling price. black market is still a thing and bulks are nice for traders, even when you are not the cheapest order.people use 8.3 often in lethal, even in open world.ppl only bother to craft because gear leave the game. if gear would not leave the game anymore crafting would be dead 3 days later.
      Then you lost lots of money because you didn't bother to check prices.Gear would leave the game, on semi level to Black Market, and people would massively salvage because prices would be different, and people wallets aswell. Plus if items were cheap people would not repair, they would buy new ones.it's just different reality, because that will never happen. PVE can co-exists along PVP and you don't need to fight PVE expansion of the game because it only makes it more popular and PVP player pool grows independently of PVE player pool. You should encourage both aspect growth instead of tunnel-visioning.
      yeah, i lost money cause i did not check prices....if you just know how much money i made by crafting....

Sorry man, you are retard. Arguments don't affect you.PVE player doesn't contribute to the game ? Maybe your game. I bet developers are happy. Removing PVE won't make those players start PVP, they will just quit. Having PVE doesn't harm PVP, it attracts PVE players, they come and play, everyone is happy, otherwise you would have lesser playerbase composed only of PVPers. If you are not happy then maybe you should work on your tolerance instead making everyone do what you do so you feel more confident.
      dude. at first i have arguments for everything i say. this arguments are a bit better then "your a retard".
      fact is: you chose to play a hardcore sandbox game and you want to change it into hello kitty. there are PLENTY of games for ppl like you. go and play them and stop complaining here.
      you know nothing about this game and you show it. you dont know how crafting works, how the item destribution works and so on.
      you think pve players does not harm the game? thats simply wrong.
      as long as you share the same loot pool, they actualy do. risk vs reward is a fundamental of the game. like i say, there already is save solo pve in this hardcore sandbox game. whats your problem? sure... its not rewarding at the level that bz or hellgates are but thats the concept of the game.
      if you cant play solo: get a group
      if you cant compete: get better and find ways to get into the game.
      but you go to the forums and rage about YOUR OWN INCOMPETENCE and on top of that you call others a retard for that?
      how lost are you dude.... how lost....
    • Aynraynd wrote:

Firs off, just because there are people that likes more pvp or pve that doesnt mean they are 50/50% (should be obvious).

U have solo DG (100% safe now) and can rat CD. Also u can just kill OW mobs now.

Why should a group pvp focused game realease more solo pve content?
      Focus is what you make. One of the reasons could be so you can use your head more: 50%/50% was remark about wining and losing. Some people die more, some win more, it's obvious 2 guys fighting can't both win, right ?
      It almost looks as if you cry about PVE so you can say that Albion is PVP focused game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

• I wish they delete yellow zones and blue zones for see this HARDSCORE Players that do pvp every minut and live from kill ppl and etc (super pro players) From where they gonna refill matts for craft on what their economy will be based?

Also wanna see if the handholding gonna keep or end ? And make the black maps some bloodbath no alliances, no HOs, only real PVP.

Wanna see if the 80% Albion population play in Black Maps - instead of 80% on royal continent and 20% on pacefull Black maps like it is right now....
    • It seems that a few people are missing the point of the game.
      The game is a Sandbox MMORPG full loot pvp that is focused on have a player based economy. That doesn't mean the game is PVP focused but that the pvp aspect is intended to be full looted. Just to clarify.

That being said, you don't need to be a genius to understand that PVE and PVP walk together in this game, if you don't have PVE/gathering content you don't have fame/items to play pvp, so even if you don't agree and are throwing a tantrum around here, PVE is a huge help to PVP, you just need to think a little about it.

I also think that we need a little revamp on the PVE aspect of the game, and also think a little more love for small scale and solo (BOTH PVE AND PVP) is needed. The majority of the game requires you to be a part of a big alliance OR be an amazing player, that just frustates new players and encorages them to either quit the game or join a big alliance, although I quite like this part.
      Another thing to note is that i'm not suggesting (as the author of this post) to REMOVE YOUR CONTENT, is just to add more content or enhance the ones we already have. In the Mists update, the Corrupted Dungeons were an AMAZING add, that both helps PVP and PVE aspects of the game.
      IMO the Roads of Avalon flopped HARD, its way too random and not worth at all for small scale, unless you can gather T7 and T8, then its pretty profitable. Since is "open world" and not instanced, its way too risky for the small reward. That is precisely why the DEVs are revamping the Outworld PVE aspect in the incoming patches.

TLDR, content is comming so relax, and good PVE content also means good PVP content, so stop arguing for the same thing and think a little of how this game works.
    • hFly wrote:

It seems that a few people are missing the point of the game.
      The game is a Sandbox MMORPG full loot pvp that is focused on have a player based economy. That doesn't mean the game is PVP focused but that the pvp aspect is intended to be full looted. Just to clarify.

That being said, you don't need to be a genius to understand that PVE and PVP walk together in this game, if you don't have PVE/gathering content you don't have fame/items to play pvp, so even if you don't agree and are throwing a tantrum around here, PVE is a huge help to PVP, you just need to think a little about it.

I also think that we need a little revamp on the PVE aspect of the game, and also think a little more love for small scale and solo (BOTH PVE AND PVP) is needed. The majority of the game requires you to be a part of a big alliance OR be an amazing player, that just frustates new players and encorages them to either quit the game or join a big alliance, although I quite like this part.
      Another thing to note is that i'm not suggesting (as the author of this post) to REMOVE YOUR CONTENT, is just to add more content or enhance the ones we already have. In the Mists update, the Corrupted Dungeons were an AMAZING add, that both helps PVP and PVE aspects of the game.
      IMO the Roads of Avalon flopped HARD, its way too random and not worth at all for small scale, unless you can gather T7 and T8, then its pretty profitable. Since is "open world" and not instanced, its way too risky for the small reward. That is precisely why the DEVs are revamping the Outworld PVE aspect in the incoming patches.

TLDR, content is comming so relax, and good PVE content also means good PVP content, so stop arguing for the same thing and think a little of how this game works.
      thats 100% true.
      but the pve fraction of this game always want save pve and this is slowly killing the game.
      i like to pve in albion. i just dont like save pve and if i like it or not does not even matter because its just bad for the game.
      we "had" smallscale open world content but carebear qq boys killed it and it got replaced by open world hce.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

thats 100% true.but the pve fraction of this game always want save pve and this is slowly killing the game.
      i like to pve in albion. i just dont like save pve and if i like it or not does not even matter because its just bad for the game.
      we "had" smallscale open world content but carebear qq boys killed it and it got replaced by open world hce.
      Yes I agree. Although i'm from the PVE fraction I know that safe PVE is kinda meh, never really liked the safe pve like HCE. But right now we don't really have a spur to go to riskier PVE content, like, the risk vs reward formula is waaay t0o broken right now.
      Like, I never managed to finish a single dungeon in the roads, every-single-time a few guys manage to sneak in and try to kill me.
      Everytime I try to go in the BZ to do some fame farm is always the same shit, I sneak a few maps deep, don't get scouted by anyone, then out of nowhere 5 guys from Arch randomly appear in the SRD to try to kill me, I leave the dg and there are 10 more outside, either I die or leave and lose 40min of my life. These kind of hacks that show your position is just bullshit for small-scale / solo.
      Of course when I was in a big alliance that wasn't the case, but the few hours that I had to play where always eaten by mandatory CTAs and stuff, so 90% of the time I was playing I was "working for another guy" and not playing my game.

A few years ago wasn't like this, It was both worth to go reds and black to farm (money-wise and fame-wise), it wasn't hard to go on 6.1 T7-T8, clear a few dgs and go back with 4m worth of loot. Now, even if I try to go T8 gear to fast clear a dg it gives about 50 to 100k each dg so its not like you can pay your gear in 1 or 2 dgs like it was before, and the ganks are still as usual as always if not more.
      After a few calculations I noticed that I make more fame and money by doing T5 yellows with 8.3 than trying to risk gear and time to venture into a harder location.
      Its even harder as a PT, since if you don't have a scout you just die miserably by a giant squad comming at your back (pun intended).

Cause TBH 60% or 80% increase of shit is still shit and that don't really makes my heart pounce for the risk of that. 2.5x or 3x thaaat could change things.
      So I quite agree that we need a fresh look in the PVE content, geez, I can't even run maps on reds and blacks anymore, since I just need to flee the dgs and loose my precious 6.3 or 7.3 maps.