DOT dmg refreshes combat. good for CD bad for OPEN WORLD

• as it is, you can only gank with double bladed solo , its the only reliable weapon now somewhat.

Curse, fire etc, are not ganking weapons.

It is rather funny when people who never ganked, or ganked in " royals " speak about ganking or solo ganking.

If you dont know about the content at all, keep your opinions to yourself please.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • open world full loot pvp based game trying be more pve grinding, 999999 patches zero updates for OPEN WORLD in open world game, oh... crystal spiders!! woooooooow, big update, we can pvp and pve on this objectiv. avalonian roads? kekw, 1 hours searching for fight with or 1000ip newbies or 1500 ip 10 ppl squad =))) now we will had more pve grind yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
      anyway good update overall, but where open world content in game who based on openworld =)
      still waiting normal balancer =))
    • In favor:
      Players want: Mount up before the dismounted, have the damage and reset advantage even if the enemy its not pvping only running, blablabla -> Basicly you guys want advantage.

Contra:
      Its well balanced, it has more than 1 reason and isn't 1v1.
      Reseting a fight (1v1), same time to mount-up (open world).

In a non ganking situation means almost nothing unles you are playing AOE skills vs more than 1 player, the same that happens with THET Cape.
      If AOE is a problem for you guys, stop using aoe right? Or you guys want every advantage?
      The dot becomes a problem only when you want advantage in ganking situation.

Basicly, erasing DOT combat lock will create adventages that had no sense.
    • HIDKstr wrote:

In favor:
      Players want: Mount up before the dismounted, have the damage and reset advantage even if the enemy its not pvping only running, blablabla -> Basicly you guys want advantage.

Contra:
      Its well balanced, it has more than 1 reason and isn't 1v1.
      Reseting a fight (1v1), same time to mount-up (open world).

In a non ganking situation means almost nothing unles you are playing AOE skills vs more than 1 player, the same that happens with THET Cape.
      If AOE is a problem for you guys, stop using aoe right? Or you guys want every advantage?
      The dot becomes a problem only when you want advantage in ganking situation.

Basicly, erasing DOT combat lock will create adventages that had no sense.
      Another guy who doesnt know how it works.

Why speak when you have zero clue how the game mechanic works ?

Dot is no issue for the person that receives the dot. To him, it doesn´t increase time to mount up or time to zone out.

On the other hand, the person that gave the dot can´t mount up or zone out.

it´s not advantage - it´s massive disadvantage, since it kills solo play. I would just want bleeds to be removed from my Q.

Also, axe has single target Q, not just aoe.

Just stop talking if you dont know some mechanics works.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Dot is no issue for the person that receives the dot. To him, it doesn´t increase time to mount up or time to zone out.

On the other hand, the person that gave the dot can´t mount up or zone out.

-

Also, axe has single target Q, not just aoe.

Just stop talking if you dont know some mechanics works.
      it does when you get damaged, not to zone out cause he isn't in combat.

In the single target scenario im talking about killing the enemy; cause even if you are in a 1v3 and you kill the only guy that you hit, you are out of combat.
    • HIDKstr wrote:

In the single target scenario im talking about killing the enemy; cause even if you are in a 1v3 and you kill the only guy that you hit, you are out of combat.
      your analogies make no sense.
      according to your logic we should play 1shot DOT and never attack more than one person, which automatically makes soloing pointless, also if you fight 1vX and suddenly more people appear you are dead, and the person who escapes has X seconds shorter combat than you.

not only do we need time to max stack, but we are punished for using weapons that are not as strong as most weapons in the early and middle stages, we need more time than most weapons, and we have changes that don't allow us to escape, hold us hostage and punish us for using DOT.
      when a person who gets DOT DMG does not get mount reset, combat etc..

and my example you are talking about is according to you after killing two people, and waiting for cooldowns I should not defend myself and put pressure on my opponent I should just run away and get killed.
      If it wasn't for the DOT changes, I wouldn't have died.

Another CD/group player who doesn't play solo and doesn't know the content, makes theories about what he thinks he knows, too bad what you think doesn't exist.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

• Quagga wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

your analogies make no sense.according to your logic we should play 1shot DOT and never attack more than one person, which automatically makes soloing pointless, also if you fight 1vX and suddenly more people appear you are dead, and the person who escapes has X seconds shorter combat than you.

not only do we need time to max stack, but we are punished for using weapons that are not as strong as most weapons in the early and middle stages, we need more time than most weapons, and we have changes that don't allow us to escape, hold us hostage and punish us for using DOT.
      when a person who gets DOT DMG does not get mount reset, combat etc..

and my example you are talking about is according to you after killing two people, and waiting for cooldowns I should not defend myself and put pressure on my opponent I should just run away and get killed.
      If it wasn't for the DOT changes, I wouldn't have died.

Another CD/group player who doesn't play solo and doesn't know the content, makes theories about what he thinks he knows, too bad what you think doesn't exist.
      my point is, if you want to 1v1, or kill a guy and get out, YOU CAN.
      If you want to get full damage on everyone, do everything and WIN, and go out, and had advantage, thats stupid.

Quagga logic: OH THIS GUY DIDIN'T PLAY Open world solo this month, even if he has played for more than 1 year!! OH HE ISN'T A SOLO OPEN WORL CHAD LIKE MEEE HESA DUMB PLS BUFF MY THINGS I WANT TO MOUNT UPPP

The change was for a reason, people agreed too, forum, RT, and balance team, people asked for the change for months... xD

The post was edited 1 time, last by HIDKstr ().

• HIDKstr wrote:

The change was for a reason, people agreed too, forum, RT, and balance team, people asked for the change for months... xD

HIDKstr wrote:

OH HE ISN'T A SOLO OPEN WORL CHAD LIKE MEEE HESA DUMB PLS BUFF MY THINGS I WANT TO MOUNT UPPP
      These changes were mainly caused by cd as well as all the crappy patches that do nothing but kill the open world.
      I don't want buffs, I want the old system that many weapons were based on for several years, and by crying about regen food abuse those weapons were killed, and I'm sure unintentionally, plus we got nothing in return. All in all we are at a disadvantage and again PVP suffers.

HIDKstr wrote:

Quagga logic: OH THIS GUY DIDIN'T PLAY Open world solo this month,
      Nothing personal, you can play for 10 years, seeing what you write I know that you don't know much about what you are talking about and you rely mostly on the knowledge from the CD.That's why I laugh and you don't give the best examples.
      if you read the whole topic, you would know that the post is about keeping the current DOT changes in the CD, which is where the change was mainly targeted, and bringing back the old DOT in the open world.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Quagga ().

• Quagga wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

OH HE ISN'T A SOLO OPEN WORL CHAD LIKE MEEE HESA DUMB PLS BUFF MY THINGS I WANT TO MOUNT UPPP
      These changes were mainly caused by cd as well as all the crappy patches that do nothing but kill the open world.I don't want buffs, I want the old system that many weapons were based on for several years, and by crying about regen food abuse those weapons were killed, and I'm sure unintentionally, plus we got nothing in return. All in all we are at a disadvantage and again PVP suffers.

HIDKstr wrote:

Quagga logic: OH THIS GUY DIDIN'T PLAY Open world solo this month,
      Nothing personal, you can play for 10 years, seeing what you write I know that you don't know much about what you are talking about and you rely mostly on the knowledge from the CD.That's why I laugh and you don't give the best examples.if you read the whole topic, you would know that the post is about keeping the current DOT changes in the CD, which is where the change was mainly targeted, and bringing back the old DOT in the open world.
      Not actually.
      Game wasn't and isn't correctly balanced, but things like erasing plate hp regen difference with cloth, DOT problems, etc etc, were a problem since 2v2, but you didn't play olds 2s i would guess.
      Those updates are ok, getting out of combat BEFORE your enemy ITS AN ADVANTAGE.

You only want better ganking content and open world content, i think you are asking for the wrong buff man. And you are asking to SBI to create separated skills when they don't even try. Yeah, sure it will happen; cause we are asking for years for that types of changes xD.

I think the only "problem" is solo open world, ganks squad don't had those problems really, unless is the party have lack of variety on weapons, in 5s you really never reset, in 2s and 1v1 (Maybe for arena andys too) you do, so its needed. The only specific situation its yours, PVP closer to doors in open world -> like 1/20 contents

Lets say SBI change the dot thing, what would yo do? Solo ganking still not an option, and maybe you will very rarely scape from a 1v3 in doors, cause you had yo wait the out of combat timing anyways; without using any ofensives/slows, etc

The post was edited 4 times, last by HIDKstr ().

• I played and I don't remember it being a big problem... mainly you had 6 changes with you anyway, which in practice "DOT didn't matter."

it is not an advantage, because the person who escapes is not in a combat and does not get the "dot" effect, which does not extend the combat.
      Also, this is part of the balance, it needs time to complete stacks, which is logical, because in the first and middle phase it deals less damage, but it is compensated by the fact that it deals damage in time, which is balanced and works as expected.

you are still referring to HG/CD instances therefore as in the post title.
      "DOT dmg refreshes combat. good for CD bad for OPEN WORLD "

I'm not asking for changes in instances, I'm giving feedback that changes in DOT have killed DOT weapons in open world solo play....
      I don't understand what you're getting at, what's the point of what you're saying, because you're giving examples from HG/CD where we agree.

If it wasn't for those changes I wouldn't be here, neither would borbarad...
      you don't understand what you're talking about in the open world, if according to you bringing back the old DOT system doesn't change anything, then I would ask you to stop talking about things you don't know anything about.
    • Quagga wrote:

I played and I don't remember it being a big problem... mainly you had 6 changes with you anyway, which in practice "DOT didn't matter."

it is not an advantage, because the person who escapes is not in a combat and does not get the "dot" effect, which does not extend the combat.
      Also, this is part of the balance, it needs time to complete stacks, which is logical, because in the first and middle phase it deals less damage, but it is compensated by the fact that it deals damage in time, which is balanced and works as expected.
      Mistake.
      Taking damage doesn't allow a player to mount, taking damage doesn't allow a player to change skills/potions.
      Being IN COMBAT, doesn't allow to zone map