DOT dmg refreshes combat. good for CD bad for OPEN WORLD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Deathskills You have no idea what you're talking about but..

Not everyone has to be a fan of open world, I get that, but your examples miss the point because no one in their right mind is going to gank with infernal staff or curse...

is it easy to kill single targets?
      Do you play this game at all? Are you one of those people who thinks it's like...?

Let's all just play pest lizards and enjoy 0 risk gathering.
      Let's not promote solo/less groups, let's just make everything so that it takes 20 people to kill one person, that's the albion we are fighting for! Less pvp, less risk, more noob friendly machanics and more carebears!

Borbarad wrote:

If i am fighting someone and 10 of his friends show up, do you think i can run then ? No. Not anymore, as i can´t mount up for 16-18 seconds unlike other weapons that can mount up after 10 seconds. Same with zoning out.
      hell yea. no more fights 1vX cuz you can be fucked by unlucky timing with poison.
      Dude 2 screens away and you still have a 10 second timer because why not.
    • Quagga wrote:

@Deathskills You have no idea what you're talking about but..

Not everyone has to be a fan of open world, I get that, but your examples miss the point because no one in their right mind is going to gank with infernal staff or curse...

is it easy to kill single targets?
      Do you play this game at all? Are you one of those people who thinks it's like...?

Let's all just play pest lizards and enjoy 0 risk gathering.
      Let's not promote solo/less groups, let's just make everything so that it takes 20 people to kill one person, that's the albion we are fighting for! Less pvp, less risk, more noob friendly machanics and more carebears!

Borbarad wrote:

If i am fighting someone and 10 of his friends show up, do you think i can run then ? No. Not anymore, as i can´t mount up for 16-18 seconds unlike other weapons that can mount up after 10 seconds. Same with zoning out.
      hell yea. no more fights 1vX cuz you can be fucked by unlucky timing with poison.Dude 2 screens away and you still have a 10 second timer because why not.
      lots of people gank with curse staff, literally one of the best solo gank build is the 1h curse. you have catch, burst damage and can easily dismount people.

1vsX fights are fun and can be rewarding too.

get aoe escalation back to 70% from 40% and enjoy finding a couple builds that would be viable again in 6.1-6.2 instead of needing 7.2-8.2 to 1vsX.

i play the game a decent amount and will say that if he gets caught easily like that, he makes poor decision for ow ganks/fights imo.
    • @Deathskills The funny thing is, your last 100 kills are mostly rat killing, and CTA... you don't have a single kill from the open world solo.

I don't understand why you fight so hard against us when you don't really play open world, and everything you write about are theories and what you think.
      To make it even funnier, you don't have a single curse kill, which means you're making a statement and not really playing with those weapons.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

• Quagga wrote:

@Deathskills The funny thing is, your last 100 kills are mostly rat killing, and CTA... you don't have a single kill from the open world solo.

I don't understand why you fight so hard against us when you don't really play open world, and everything you write about are theories and what you think.
      To make it even funnier, you don't have a single curse kill, which means you're making a statement and not really playing with those weapons.
      what? ratting? lmao

i don't do cta, but bandits and small scale with my current guild...

can't be bothered to be asked to run around in circle for 90 minutes to maybe get a fight that my group might get half zoned out due to cq.

i only do OW... i don't do corrupteds so not sure what you are on about...

Please show me the kills i have while in rat gear. I might have used 2 rat gear in the last month during bandit and pretty sure i didn't die with them nor got kills because blobs run and i prefer to dash in fights to steal killfame and loot if it is possible, more risky but more fun.

and GG on doing research lmao...
    • I mean, besides killing rats and a few CTAs, you don't have a single curse kill or solo.

it's mostly about solo players and the changes with DOT affected solo gameplay the most and looking at your kills you are not a solo player and you are making statements about what you think, and making theories.

You play in a group ok, but you speak up and talk about weapons and style of play that you don't play.

When you give examples, have confirmation, not pure guesswork and theories.

Fusionbomb wrote:

A non-issue and WAI, imo. Especially for open world.
      you're right, doubleblade, everything else is unplayable :)
      instead of increasing weapon pool in PVP we reduce it.

• lmao i mentionned knowing people that play curse right?

i have done my fair share of 1h curse ganking in the past too.

so dots might not affect me as badly (since i play frost more than fire) but as someone who started using again the infernal staff (if you looked at my killboard you'd know that so I am affected by this). I am as badly affected as anyone else maybe even worse because it is a 9 second dot that can be applied to someone else on the last tick guaranteeing that i am in combat for another 9 seconds for a total of 18 seconds.
      Axes and curse only have a 8 second stack while the infernal stack can share a 9sec stack to a different player for another 9sec making the total amount 18 second excluding the 20sec out of combat to be able to mount up potentially.

So y'all have at most 28-29 seconds while a fire user can go up to 38 and you don't hear me complain about it since i do not make decisions that i can't live with when using my build since i understand what it does and the risks that goes with it.

So on top of not just understanding, i literally sometimes have to endure more than twice the duration of dots i place on people than any axes or curse players can do. (last time i checked, 9+9=18 and 18 is more than twice 8 right).

So please come again and tell me this don't work.

Literally, you can insta dismount most mounts (works on t3-t5 horses, swiftclaw, direwolf, Caerleon t5 wolf, moabird, terrorbird and a few others i don't have in mind) with 1h curse just with the root+ mage cowl+poison on top of starting to stack your 4 stacks and placing the bomb to os the person less than 10 seconds after they are dismounted.
      (success rates varies based on your ip used to kill and the targets ip and mount)

again i don't just say shit to spew spreadsheet numbers, i know from close friends experience using those weapons on a daily basis.
    • You are talking nonsense, and most of what you write about and the examples you give have nothing to do with solo gameplay.
      You can play whatever you want in a group and you won't feel the changes like in DOT.

Show me how you kill solo pest lizard with double blade, 2x invis + soldier helmet, i want to see how you do it with infernal staff.
      No way, thats why your examples are crap.

You are still making statements and giving examples while playing in a group. Playing in a group or even 2-3 players has nothing to do with playing solo.

Deathskills wrote:

Literally, you can insta dismount most mounts (works on t3-t5 horses, swiftclaw, direwolf, Caerleon t5 wolf, moabird, terrorbird and a few others i don't have in mind) with 1h curse just with the root+ mage cowl+poison on top of starting to stack your 4 stacks and placing the bomb to os the person less than 10 seconds after they are dismounted.
      doubleblade/bl/axe/anything that has more than one movement speed + ass jacket and you're done. you have no idea what you're writing about or what examples you're giving.

• Deathskills wrote:

i mean you try to attack mounts that are not supposed to be easily dismounted by solo players. so expected results should be matching that...

still a non issue, you just proved my point about being to greedy and not making a smart play lmao
      Once again you write without knowing what you are talking about, before the change with DOT pest lizard or other "tank" mounts were not a problem now by the change with DOT, the guy is 2 screens away and I still have a 10s timer.

That's what happens when someone who doesn't know anything about playing solo tries to make a statement.
    • your dots last 9 sec at most dude. get over it. if you use infernal staff and the guy is close to someone else it goes up to 18seconds.
      still a non issue.

and lets entertain you somehow dismount the best lizard, sorry to tell you but you probably used your boots to even be able to do so which means the guy has a chance of just running of in the distance and you not being able to catch.

so again please entertain again how i am not knowledgeable about activities i've done my fair share and that it is still not an issue to any solo gankers i personally know about?

play smarter and better and it isn't an issue. only an issue to people who wants ez loot without improving or adapting.
    • If making the game even easier and safer is called adaptation, then something is wrong.

For the x time you are giving an example from your ass which does not exist and will not exist because infernal staff is not a weapon for ganking.

yes i use shoes sometimes but not always, most of the time i don't do it and i try to keep them and even if i use them i keep my distance and play at fiend cowl distance.

I can meet really good players and people who know how to escape and know what they are doing, not gameplay that has been simplified most of the time to a style of pressing shoes and being happy to escape, which is how it looks now.

Killing new players who have no idea about the game and don't know most of the mechanics or skills is not a good indicator if something works or not.

Your arguments are weak and have no basis in practice, sadly.
    • if the only place in the game that might be negatively impacted by the way dots work is ganking, it is probably not an issue due to gankers just being overgreedy most of the times.

yes some escape mechanics have been oversimplified but it sadly was needed due to the way some gank groups stack cc that the player can't do anything at all.

and yes infernal can be used to gank, firewall+magecowl+single target Q+a good old t8 poison pots should dismount and most probably allow a couple kill easily. should it dismount a pest lizard, might be possible but not possible to catch due to lack of mobility so that wouldn't be ideal. weapon could work but not for everything and nothing should work for everything too.

y'all making something bigger than it is just because of that one instance where there is some downside to the great power of dots. like dots are really strong right now without being op. making the change you request might make them too strong if no downsides are added even if it is just to purposely deactivates the dots.

your arguments cannot be used since the weapons affected by the change you are looking will make those weapons potentially really op in every other content that isn't solo for the user.

and you still haven't refuted that mage cowl and poison pots are affected by the same issue and nobody complains about those when they are used for the same purpose tho... really strange...
      might be because people understand the inherent risk of the dots from those 2 items.

if SBI would focus the game to be more skill based, the game would lose a decent amount of population and would have issues for any players having above 80 of ping more than it currently is to be competitive in pvp (from zvz to ganking to gvg to HG an so on).

Edit:
      I forgot to add that you are looking to get a buff because you fail at non-consensual pvp, that's a little hilarious too don't you think? that a mechanic that you are aware exist and because you initiate non-consensual pvp and with a specific wepaon or set, you complain because you can't get out of combat, isn't that ironic....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deathskills ().

• Deathskills wrote:

I forgot to add that you are looking to get a buff because you fail at non-consensual pvp, that's a little hilarious too don't you think? that a mechanic that you are aware exist and because you initiate non-consensual pvp and with a specific wepaon or set, you complain because you can't get out of combat, isn't that ironic....
      I still have the feeling that you don't understand the point and are trying to convince me that you are right.

You are not right and your examples are not factual, plus I am not posting about BUFF but about the balance that was there and which some weapons in PVP/GANK were based on, with this change those weapons don't work anymore and we got nothing in exchange for them, which is a negative value all around.

If albion continues in this direction, we will soon find out that there are no weapons that are playable in ganking solo.

Deathskills wrote:

and yes infernal can be used to gank, firewall+magecowl+single target Q+a good old t8 poison pots should dismount and most probably allow a couple kill easily. should it dismount a pest lizard, might be possible but not possible to catch due to lack of mobility so that wouldn't be ideal. weapon could work but not for everything and nothing should work for everything too.
      That's the stupidest and funniest thing I've read in the whole topic, sorry but with that kind of thinking and experience you can't do much solo.

and killing newbies without knowledge and skills doesn't prove that something works :)
    • @Deathskills

there is no point fighting with this guy

the situations he brings up are hyper specific to ganking related and only affects when he is in combat or have used a skill to dismount someone
      like the senarios they have stated "running from unfair 1vx while ganking open world" or "going through a gate/ portal ganking"

and as you know SBI's stance on combat balance have shifted to instanced content without a care for ganking (many ganking nerfs)
      it may affect ZvZ and people retreating after losing a open world fight but other than that it does not affect other PVP content as much as putting people in combat because they are doing damage was the main reason for the change
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • I'll paraphrase my words from another post:
      What if instead of DoT influencing PvP combat timers it would be taken out of equasion compelety and be made to act like PvE damage, not refreshing the timer at all, with only the direct hit that applies them to commence the timer.
      PvP combat timer is 20s, Mountup disruption on attack for the perpetrator is 10s, 0s for the victim. Longest DoT is 9s (Infernal staff).

So, in result: OOC healing starts at the same regular time for both players - 20s, Zone out duration will not get increased by DoT's for the perpetrator - 20s, DoT's could still prevent mountup for victims due to damage disruption, but considering that the longest DoT in the game is only 9s the perpetrator still would not be able to mountup before the victim.

Why make "Special" treatments for DoT's if you could just delete them from the combat time equasion comletely which would fix almost all of the issues with them?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • why not eat the L if you get run over while ganking?

i can hardly see a senario where you are the good guy protecting your self with combat only to run away when more gankers come

most people would either full run and not get in combat at all so no worry about dots keeping u combat locked

or be the aggressor and start with poison potion which is a DOT and dismounts you completely (like your mount is gone gone)

dont tell me you throw a poison pot which is DOT skill which already puts you in combat only then when you realize you fked up and want to go through portal/ zone because it was more then you can chew?

so long story short this case where DOT affects mount up time/ zoning time is so specific to some weapons and some scenarios that it needed to be reverted/ given special treatment just because gankers cannot run away?
      are you serious?

the change for regen mechanics in CD is reasonable because almost all builds with hyper mobility can abuse it but to revert it just because it fked up gankers in this very specific scenario. ya... does not make sense to me

IF you are in PvP fight and die like a man
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • everyone admited with me that soloing with DOT is dead :)
      although we agree on that.

Most of the carebears on this topic have no idea what they're talking about. and don't understand the problem because they don't play or use "those" weapons.
      Actually, as a ganker in an open world, it's more about hit&run. take loot, kill and run. now we have hit&die take loot and die.

it is a misunderstanding of DOT when you are in combat all the time, it is literally a punishment for using the dot for the user.

Combat should only be on direct hit.
      The only time you are right is in CD, where people are abusing regen food. That is the only exception when DOT can be "changed" under fair play.

The rest of the examples and once again this infernal staff, which is not a gank weapon and has nothing to do with it, because whether you are in combo or not you will not catch anyone anyway, zero value does not lose-not gain after the change.

This is another step towards noobs/newbies and carebears.
      Not only they got cc immune after dismount, they got protective bubbles 3x longer than before, hideouts, roads and now they got protection by DOT's so someone won't catch up with them.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Quagga ().

• bump

Example from today, 1v3 I killed 2 and died because of new changes in dot. I was already sitting on exit and couldn't pass because combat is now x seconds longer.

This is the reason why DOT changes in open world are bad.
      You can kill, outplay, outrun and still die because of the combat changes.