DOT dmg refreshes combat. good for CD bad for OPEN WORLD

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • what seems to be the problem?

      you apply dot. you are still doing damage hence u are in combat

      simple logic.

      unless you are saying a curse can just throw Q and do dot damage then should not be combat locked?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      what seems to be the problem?

      you apply dot. you are still doing damage hence u are in combat

      simple logic.

      unless you are saying a curse can just throw Q and do dot damage then should not be combat locked?
      This only makes sense in a CD by people who have "abused" the food regen.

      In the open world, if you played you would know that bows and poison Q were based on dismounting and target chasing, now bows are "dead".

      The whole tree was killed by one shift because of regen food abusing. This is another example when the rest of the game suffers because of cd.

      And yes DOT DMG should keep you in combat only by direct hits. that is the point of DOT dmg....
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      what seems to be the problem?

      you apply dot. you are still doing damage hence u are in combat

      simple logic.

      unless you are saying a curse can just throw Q and do dot damage then should not be combat locked?
      Frankly, this is not just a tiny problem. This is a Massive Problem that needs fixing.

      Dots heavily increase time you stay in combat and as a result you cannot mount up or zone out for much longer period of time.

      Honestly, this makes axes completely useless in open world for ganking, solo ganking, small scale and such when you try to escape from people.

      After you stop hitting, you can mount up after 10 seconds.
      But with dots, you can mount up after 16 seconds or more.

      This is a big problem.
      Same with zoning out.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

      The_Support_God wrote:

      what seems to be the problem?

      you apply dot. you are still doing damage hence u are in combat

      simple logic.

      unless you are saying a curse can just throw Q and do dot damage then should not be combat locked?
      Frankly, this is not just a tiny problem. This is a Massive Problem that needs fixing.
      Dots heavily increase time you stay in combat and as a result you cannot mount up or zone out for much longer period of time.

      Honestly, this makes axes completely useless in open world for ganking, solo ganking, small scale and such when you try to escape from people.

      After you stop hitting, you can mount up after 10 seconds.
      But with dots, you can mount up after 16 seconds or more.

      This is a big problem.
      Same with zoning out.
      So you want to have the advantage of damaging and possibly killing the enemy when he is further away. The opponent is also at a disadvantage because he can't mount up while getting dot damage. But you are not willing to accept the consequences of dealing dot based damage and now complain here about staying in combat. This is pure onesidedness on your part with disregard of others.

      Perhaps you better learn not to get baited by a single player while other players are around, yes?
    • Achaikos wrote:

      Perhaps you better learn not to get baited by a single player while other players are around, yes?
      I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about, your post is a rant and cry against DOT's.

      if you can, give some examples, and ideas how to improve/repair weapons that were quite popular for open world solo players and now are practically unplayable.
    • honestly i am in favor of the change because if it was the other way around and curse put Dot stacks on you and you are on the run instead

      the curse without being in combat lock can mount up and chase the target because the dots lasts for like 8 seconds only then would the victim be able to mount up. this would allow dot curse to chase you after mounting up

      now if it was the curse who needs to run instead with the new changes he would be in combat lock

      so why is it unfair? i get that regen mechanics in CD play a role in the change
      but if you are in combat then you should be in combat yes? why need such an advantage

      and besides from the way you say it. it only applies to very specific senarios where you run from a losing battle or portal ganking which is already messing around with zoning mechanics is that not an advantage enough for you?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      honestly i am in favor of the change because if it was the other way around and curse put Dot stacks on you and you are on the run instead

      the curse without being in combat lock can mount up and chase the target because the dots lasts for like 8 seconds only then would the victim be able to mount up. this would allow dot curse to chase you after mounting up

      now if it was the curse who needs to run instead with the new changes he would be in combat lock

      so why is it unfair? i get that regen mechanics in CD play a role in the change
      but if you are in combat then you should be in combat yes? why need such an advantage

      and besides from the way you say it. it only applies to very specific senarios where you run from a losing battle or portal ganking which is already messing around with zoning mechanics is that not an advantage enough for you?
      Exactly you just admitted that DOT weapons are dead for solo players, and ganking with them is almost impossible.
    • if you want to fight so much go CD and fight like a man
      there you dont need to complain about DOT is dead or not

      you want to play those unfair tactics then deal with the consequences
      when the playing field is even

      pretty sure SBI had already made their stance clear about non-consensual and non fair pvp

      thats whats the balance patches is for. even if they take like months to add the changes at least it comes
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Quagga wrote:

      Exactly you just admitted that DOT weapons are dead for solo players, and ganking with them is almost impossible.

      Quagga wrote:

      I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about, your post is a rant and cry against DOT's.
      I use 1 hand curse for ganking regularly and very successfully so. And I am pro combat lock due to dot damage because like it was previously is simply unfair. I'm not the one complaining. If you can't handle the dot mechanics then try a different weapon that suits you better.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      if you want to fight so much go CD and fight like a man
      there you dont need to complain about DOT is dead or not

      you want to play those unfair tactics then deal with the consequences
      when the playing field is even

      pretty sure SBI had already made their stance clear about non-consensual and non fair pvp

      thats whats the balance patches is for. even if they take like months to add the changes at least it comes
      Yes, the change was mainly aimed at CD so my proposal is based on keeping the change in CD but not in the open world.

      Ganking in the open world has nothing to do with fair play... open world is based on RNG, skill and opportunity.

      It is an ill thought out change which was not meant to hit the open world, I think, but unfortunately it did, as was the case with the last Curse Q, a change which was clearly not well thought out and was quickly reverted, as is the case here, a change which was mainly aimed at the CD unfortunately also affected the open world,
      open world should be the hallmark of albion, not be kills by another "BALANCE PATCHS" for CD.


      Achaikos wrote:

      I use 1 hand curse for ganking regularly and very successfully so. And I am pro combat lock due to dot damage because like it was previously is simply unfair. I'm not the one complaining. If you can't handle the dot mechanics then try a different weapon that suits you better.
      You mean self kill in flat 4-5 1hcurse, people who usually don't know what's going on. yes i play like that too sometimes, i carry kit that is worthless and do self kill missions. mostly for fun and PVP fame.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

    • The_Support_God wrote:

      honestly i am in favor of the change because if it was the other way around and curse put Dot stacks on you and you are on the run instead

      the curse without being in combat lock can mount up and chase the target because the dots lasts for like 8 seconds only then would the victim be able to mount up. this would allow dot curse to chase you after mounting up

      now if it was the curse who needs to run instead with the new changes he would be in combat lock

      so why is it unfair? i get that regen mechanics in CD play a role in the change
      but if you are in combat then you should be in combat yes? why need such an advantage

      and besides from the way you say it. it only applies to very specific senarios where you run from a losing battle or portal ganking which is already messing around with zoning mechanics is that not an advantage enough for you?
      You dont seem to know how combat works, as it´s not working how you say it does..

      This NEEDS to be changed. This essentially KILLS axes , curses, and anything that uses dots for OPEN WORLD. Even for solo if you use poison.

      This has to be fixed.

      It´s massive disadvantage. So instead of mounting up in 10 seconds, you can mount up only in 16 or 18 seconds - same with mounting up.

      You think this is fair or fun ? No.

      And the other person that has dot on them has NO disadvantage. The dot on them does not prevent them from zoning or mounting up ( at least until dot is gone ) while the person that put the dot on the person is screwed up and wont be able to mount up.

      This is a big problem.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • @Borbarad

      pretty sure if you are in the advantage if you are the one chasing with the the dots instead of the one running
      if you are dealing dot damage there is no way the other side can mount up because they are taking damage

      and i might sound like a broken record right now but if you are in combat then fight

      and the case you are bring up is hyper specific as in you are running after losing a fight/ after a kill

      pretty sure if you are full running 9/10 cases you would not activate any ability that would put you in combat to allow you to zone through
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode

      The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

    • this kills infernal staff too the fire dot of that E can be active up to 19 seconds out of it's 30 sec cd which means i can't mount up before 29 seconds went by. Do you hear me bitch about it?
      nah cause i deal damage over time, it's part of the weapon, live with it. kill the people instead of letting them run...
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      @Borbarad

      pretty sure if you are in the advantage if you are the one chasing with the the dots instead of the one running
      if you are dealing dot damage there is no way the other side can mount up because they are taking damage

      and i might sound like a broken record right now but if you are in combat then fight

      and the case you are bring up is hyper specific as in you are running after losing a fight/ after a kill

      pretty sure if you are full running 9/10 cases you would not activate any ability that would put you in combat to allow you to zone through
      Maybe you shouldn´t speak about matters you have no understanding of.

      If i put dot on someone, it doesnt matter they can´t mount up. Because if i put dot on them, it means i was in range to be able to put dot on them. That means they wont be able to cross enough distance to mount up to the point when dot would be an issue for them to mount up. So that´s not a problem at all.

      If i am fighting someone and 10 of his friends show up, do you think i can run then ? No. Not anymore, as i can´t mount up for 16-18 seconds unlike other weapons that can mount up after 10 seconds. Same with zoning out.

      You see, you dont have a magic button that removes a dot from enemy.

      I get it, you might not encounter this if you play in big groups. But i like playing small scale or solo. And i can´t really do that anymore with this.

      And if i solo dismount someone and i used my Q that put bleeds on them and then i want to mount up to get close to them, guess what ? I can´t mount up for 6-8 more seconds.

      This needs to be fixed.

      Or gives axes passive that removes bleeds from Q. Or a button for removing bleed, even better, but that´s not gonna happen. Hell, i would love a passive that removes bleeds. Their dmg sucks anyway, and they proc cleric robe, soldier armor, armor of valor, and i am sick of them.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Maybe you shouldn´t speak about matters you have no understanding of.
      If i put dot on someone, it doesnt matter they can´t mount up. Because if i put dot on them, it means i was in range to be able to put dot on them. That means they wont be able to cross enough distance to mount up to the point when dot would be an issue for them to mount up. So that´s not a problem at all.

      If i am fighting someone and 10 of his friends show up, do you think i can run then ? No. Not anymore, as i can´t mount up for 16-18 seconds unlike other weapons that can mount up after 10 seconds. Same with zoning out.

      You see, you dont have a magic button that removes a dot from enemy.

      I get it, you might not encounter this if you play in big groups. But i like playing small scale or solo. And i can´t really do that anymore with this.

      And if i solo dismount someone and i used my Q that put bleeds on them and then i want to mount up to get close to them, guess what ? I can´t mount up for 6-8 more seconds.

      This needs to be fixed.

      Or gives axes passive that removes bleeds from Q. Or a button for removing bleed, even better, but that´s not gonna happen. Hell, i would love a passive that removes bleeds. Their dmg sucks anyway, and they proc cleric robe, soldier armor, armor of valor, and i am sick of them.
      so you are telling people you want to lose the risk from using a bleed weapon because it currently is viable but you don't like the downside of it...

      I got bad news for you man...

      Be less greedy and adapt your playstyle to the fact that you have bleeds.

      It doesn't need to be fixed, i've never heard a curse or fire player complain about that or a dagger (old 1h dagger was dot based) or any user of the mage cowl or poison pots....

      really strange wouldn't you think???

      You just want an easy out instead of having to actually play smart about it.
    • Deathskills wrote:

      so you are telling people you want to lose the risk from using a bleed weapon because it currently is viable but you don't like the downside of it...
      I got bad news for you man...

      Be less greedy and adapt your playstyle to the fact that you have bleeds.

      It doesn't need to be fixed, i've never heard a curse or fire player complain about that or a dagger (old 1h dagger was dot based) or any user of the mage cowl or poison pots....

      really strange wouldn't you think???

      You just want an easy out instead of having to actually play smart about it.
      What´s viable about it ? The bleed barely deals damage. Give me option to remove it then.

      And greedy ? This is obviously unintended mechanic.

      This issue only occured with the patch that now puts you in combat and you cant mount up anymore or zone out.

      What you say is " Just dont play the weapon 4head "..

      There is no way around it other than not using Q.

      If this does not need fixing, why not make it 16-18 seconds to mount up for anyone ? But that wont happen. That 10 seconds mount up is there for a reason, so that players will have a chance to escape. Now, dot weapons cant.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • curse is affected by this, fire is affected by this. weird how I haven't heard from anyone complaining about this. oh and poison pots too.

      Mage cowls are affected, cultist cowls could be affected by this too.

      at some point, you are just crying about you not being able to do a specific task because you had it easier before.

      If you dismount the person, they can't mount for 30seconds anyway. so that still gives you the edge even if it takes 20 seconds for you to be able to remount regardless.

      So yeah, the answer is clearly don't use dots if you don't want the downside of them....
      Dots are really strong without being too overpowered atm. They don't need a buff nor a nerf imo.

      Knowing the mechanic, just plan and based your ganking or fights around that mechanic instead of just being on greataxe and being greataxe goes brrrrr but if i didn't do enough damage or a group comes up and i put full bleed stack on the person i can't easily get out of combat while having one of the brawler weapon in the game currently lmao.

      not long ago it was bear paws that were the go too, right now it seems to be great axe, halberd might do a comeback, who knows. but for sure the fact that bleeds that you put on someone should keep you in combat since you are still damaging the other player.

      This is a mechanic that is consistent through the whole game in all areas to my limited knowledge. so if it is consistent with the game world rules and respect the same rules that apply to every other weapon, probably no big problem there.

      Or maybe being with a group might be a better solution so you have the support so you can fight back groups instead of trying to run after getting an easy kill too.

      You are complaining about the concept of risk vs rewards. if you don't secure the kill, that's your risk of using dot-based weapons or attacks.
      so if you want Albion without risks, feel free to go to a pve focus game or one that isn't full loot. AO needs mechanics to penalize the aggressors when it is a pvp situation where only the aggressor is consenting to the pvp.

      I only see a reduction of risk for aggressors using dot based weapons (curse, fire and axes comes to mind immediately and some equipment like mage cowl and poison pots). This would make it too easy for gankers to get free kills when it already is relatively easy to get kills ganking individual targets.