Hood Of Tenacity

• Combat Balance
    • Hood Of Tenacity

Hi guys!

I'm a returning player, and this is my first post. I have questions about this item that I just found out about.

My curiosity started after rarely seeing this item being used in-game, I decided to try to read into the description of the skills Nasty Wounds.

And it is said :
      "Creates a swirl of energy around you with a 5m radius for 2,5s, which damages enemies for 20 per 0.5s. Enemies hit at least once will receive 50% less healing for 4s."

My first thought after reading this was like this particular item would be good for a tank (in PVE/ZVZ). But after trying it out in Test Server, I found out that when the skill is activated the skills just pop under your feet and stays there (like druid cowl) even though having a pretty similar description with Enfeeble Aura of the Guardian Armor; which is:
      "Creates a 7m aura around you that lasts for 5 seconds. All enemies inside it will do 60% less damage, and be slowed by 15%. The aura also reveals invisible enemies."

I'm not sure if it's a mistake in writings or not. But I'm kinda wishing Nasty Wounds circle would move with you like Enfeeble Aura when activated.

I believe the impact would be better in PVE/ZVZ. And if I'm not asking too much maybe a slight increase in the damage. It would add more to the diversity of builds that people can use. And as of right now I kinda see it only viable for PVE since enemy mobs just standstill if the tank is not moving.

My question is:

- What do you guys think of the item as of right now?

- Is it something that's gonna be fixed soon? Or there's actually nothing wrong with it?

Thanks before! Cheers!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Baneswood ().

• it is a counter to judi armour but its just that there are many other helms that is more worth for self survivability/ team use

things as helm of valor, cleric cowl, judi helm, demon helm, (former guardian helm), scholar cowl for def and mana and others

helm of valor is like super important because it negates defences and the always infamous reg bow
      and judi helm is needed cause large aoe CC which can last a while when paired with leering cane and plate armor
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Gabumon wrote:

It has some uses in some 20vs20 and 5vs5 comps with high burst that require to negate healing. The animation and standtime are akward and I do not really see much use for it in general.
      I've done quite a few faction wars and have never seen Hood of Tenacity being used by people. And even trying to find builds that have this item in Albion's Character Builder, rarely see it.
      Indeed! After trying it out, I found it really awkward and somewhat of a letdown with the AoE being placed just under the feet instead of "around you" xD.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Baneswood ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

it is a counter to judi armour but its just that there are many other helms that is more worth for self survivability/ team use

things as helm of valor, cleric cowl, judi helm, demon helm, (former guardian helm), scholar cowl for def and mana and others

helm of valor is like super important because it negates defences and the always infamous reg bow
      and judi helm is needed cause large aoe CC which can last a while when paired with leering cane and plate armor
      That's kinda my point, it's sad seeing a cool-looking piece where the devs n designers have put time into it but not being used much since other headpieces are much more beneficial just like you said. And yes, compared to Helm of Valor from the same patch, Hood of Tenacity has fewer benefits IMO.
    • Baneswood wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

It has some uses in some 20vs20 and 5vs5 comps with high burst that require to negate healing. The animation and standtime are akward and I do not really see much use for it in general.
      I've done quite a few faction wars and have never seen Hood of Tenacity being used by people. And even trying to find builds that have this item in Albion's Character Builder, rarely see it.Indeed! After trying it out, I found it really awkward and somewhat of a letdown with the AoE being placed just under the feet instead of "around you" xD.
      Faction wars is not 20vs20 crystals tho.
    • Gabumon wrote:

Baneswood wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

I've done quite a few faction wars and have never seen Hood of Tenacity being used by people. And even trying to find builds that have this item in Albion's Character Builder, rarely see it.Indeed! After trying it out, I found it really awkward and somewhat of a letdown with the AoE being placed just under the feet instead of "around you" xD.
      Faction wars is not 20vs20 crystals tho.
      Yes, my bad, I've never tried 20v20 crystal yet so I don't know what you were talking about. How often do you see this item being used in 20v20? Compared to other headpieces in the game, Hood of Tenacity seems a bit lacking in terms of versatility IMO. It can be useful in only a few situations like you've mentioned.
    • Baneswood wrote:

That's kinda my point, it's sad seeing a cool-looking piece where the devs n designers have put time into it but not being used much since other headpieces are much more beneficial just like you said. And yes, compared to Helm of Valor from the same patch, Hood of Tenacity has fewer benefits IMO.
      *cough* Forge Hammers *cough* Lifetouch Staff *cough* SOB *cough* Boots of Valor *cough*

Edit: I just had to satirize it lol. I’m with you, Hood and Jacket of Tenacity deserve a good buff/rework ;)
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by She0gorath ().

• She0gorath wrote:

Baneswood wrote:

*cough* Forge Hammers *cough* Lifetouch Staff *cough* SOB *cough* Boots of Valor *cough*
      Edit: I just had to satirize it lol. I’m with you, Hood and Jacket of Tenacity deserve a good buff/rework ;)
      Yeah rarely seen forge hammers too. Hopefully, all these items gonna get at rework. Finger crossed.
    • staff of balance is only ever strong when its other items that goes with it are strong aka specter jacker and hellion hood because the cannot be healed downside is too strong and the staff provides 0 damage in its build so the only source of damage would be specter jacket

why not stalker jacket or any other dps jacket then? because specter jacket used to deal insane flat true damage(non scaling) which at t4-7 pretty much demolishes anyone who did not had the bonus health from 800/800 masteries in their armor pieces

to outscale a specter jacket you would need a stalker jacket which is 300 ip more than specter jacket and also specter jacket had less cooldown and its uptime was much longer
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • McDobs wrote:

let's never forget the staff of balance...
      Well, I can't say much about the staff of balance cause I've never played staff before. But I agree with your point just for the sake of diversity in builds that people can use,

The_Support_God wrote:

staff of balance is only ever strong when its other items that goes with it are strong aka specter jacker and hellion hood because the cannot be healed downside is too strong and the staff provides 0 damage in its build so the only source of damage would be specter jacket

why not stalker jacket or any other dps jacket then? because specter jacket used to deal insane flat true damage(non scaling) which at t4-7 pretty much demolishes anyone who did not had the bonus health from 800/800 masteries in their armor pieces

to outscale a specter jacket you would need a stalker jacket which is 300 ip more than specter jacket and also specter jacket had less cooldown and its uptime was much longer
      Good point! From what you said the staff of balance looks kinda sad, compared to other items. Hopefully, the devs will make changes soon. On the other hand, I know making changes and still making the overall gameplay balance is a hard task to do.

All and all, let's just hope for the best. Cause I like the game!