Dungeons in this game SUCK!!

• Dungeons in this game SUCK!!

Nothing to discuss. Plain simple. Loot sucks, it's the worst of any game ever. If you are reading forums thinking about starting this game. Don't. waste your time. You will be frustrated in a month, then you'll be wishing you invested in another game.
    • You dont understand how the loot system in this game works do you....

For @thefixx
      first of all this game is about risk vs reward (does not apply to HCE, HCE is its own thing)

from the view point of new comers loot sucks at lower levels and that is true because blue and yellow zone dungeons are completely safe.
      this encourages people to go to full loot zones to encourage pvp and a chance for better loot

then you ask why loot sucks at dangerous zones too? such as roads and blackzones and sometimes corrupted dungeons.
      My reply is that over 1 hour your average loot would be higher than in yellow zone and blue zones. the RNG averages out
      and even if RNG is not on your side and you have the most shittiest of luck in loot rolls, the fame is definitely higher by at least 2 times
      end game 500k infamy corrupted dungeon gives 4k fame per mob kill when compared to the 700 you get in yellow dungeons

For @MrNevi
      for crafting the reason why you feel like you lose money while crafting or its not profitable at all is due to the older players and the many ways they cut costs which are not available to new players when they start fresh

The following listed are the ways older player cut costs/ get more for their silver
      1) premium (focus for crafting)
      2) full spec in crafting (some t4 items make money via shear number of masterpieces produced aka capes and royal armor)
      3) black market (on average sells for 15% more silver than in royal zones, Hint: T3 items sell for a profit margin of 100% aka for every 100 silver spend you get 200 silver)
      4) journals and labors (they get materials back with a chance of it being enchanted so more profit in the end)(requires initial investment of at least 30 mil to get a full island of houses with 150% for t4 journals pays off it self in 3 months)
      (once it pay off it self it can generate a revenue of UP to 500k per island per day at very end game)(required investment of close to 100 mil ++ to get all houses to t8)
      5) blackzone crafting (crafting in the blackzone gives higher crafting return rates which is needed to turn in profits for 8.3 items)
      6) enchanted food. food for crafting is a no brainer but enchanted .3 or even .2 food for crafting is rarely used by new players due to it being non profitable to craft t4 items
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Green Dungeons suck where ever they are. I noticed a few months ago they were dropping like 4 to 10k purple loot in red zones so me and a mate went to tier 8 black zones and they were exactly the same. We did about 6 green dungeons back to back and i ended up with about 30k and he got about 200k. we had 1 good drop which he got. Before it changed you could make 500k in an hour in greens easily. They aren't worth it now and don't even cover the repair bill. As a non guild solo player the Dev's want you to play corrupted dungeon (shrine activated) in full loot zones or Pug HCE's. Greens are just to easy to give good loot and would discourage anyone being a crafter
    • The_Support_God wrote:

You dont understand how the loot system in this game works do you....

For @thefixx
      first of all this game is about risk vs reward (does not apply to HCE, HCE is its own thing)

from the view point of new comers loot sucks at lower levels and that is true because blue and yellow zone dungeons are completely safe.
      this encourages people to go to full loot zones to encourage pvp and a chance for better loot

then you ask why loot sucks at dangerous zones too? such as roads and blackzones and sometimes corrupted dungeons.
      My reply is that over 1 hour your average loot would be higher than in yellow zone and blue zones. the RNG averages out
      and even if RNG is not on your side and you have the most shittiest of luck in loot rolls, the fame is definitely higher by at least 2 times
      end game 500k infamy corrupted dungeon gives 4k fame per mob kill when compared to the 700 you get in yellow dungeons

For @MrNevi
      for crafting the reason why you feel like you lose money while crafting or its not profitable at all is due to the older players and the many ways they cut costs which are not available to new players when they start fresh

The following listed are the ways older player cut costs/ get more for their silver
      2) full spec in crafting (some t4 items make money via shear number of masterpieces produced aka capes and royal armor)
      3) black market (on average sells for 15% more silver than in royal zones, Hint: T3 items sell for a profit margin of 100% aka for every 100 silver spend you get 200 silver)
      4) journals and labors (they get materials back with a chance of it being enchanted so more profit in the end)(requires initial investment of at least 30 mil to get a full island of houses with 150% for t4 journals pays off it self in 3 months)
      (once it pay off it self it can generate a revenue of UP to 500k per island per day at very end game)(required investment of close to 100 mil ++ to get all houses to t8)
      5) blackzone crafting (crafting in the blackzone gives higher crafting return rates which is needed to turn in profits for 8.3 items)
      6) enchanted food. food for crafting is a no brainer but enchanted .3 or even .2 food for crafting is rarely used by new players due to it being non profitable to craft t4 items
      "Risk vs Reward". I spent 4 hours of my time in T5 Black zone grinding solo dungeons and only came out with 196,000 (repairs includede etc etc). During that time I only got 2 rare chests and the rest were uncommon. The 2 rare chests that i did acquire were only 22k and 26k in value. Can you explain where the risk v reward is there? This games dungeon loot is abysmal. There's also a weird silver drop cap for T5 mobs that I did where it only gave me 105 silver?? I can legit walk outside and smack some open world mobs that are identical to the ones in the dung and get 4x that. I quit Albion for good not long after this.
    • It is an odd cycle where every time SBI introduces new content they destroy the old stuff at the same time. OW roaming mobs and static dungeons should be the most fame but not absurdly more than everything else. Random solo and random group dungeons both need buffs. Also I am confused where the hell the loot goes now since SRDs, CDs, and HGs are all shit. Are the random OW chest spawn really bringing in that much loot or did they just crush the BM loot tables as a whole? With so much content available they should be increasing the BM to accommodate ALL content.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Introducing separate loot pools based on content.

Dividing loot pools into three subgroups:
      1 - instances
      a - corrupted dungeons
      b - hellgates
      c - HCE

2 - open world
      a - solo dungeons
      b - group dungeons
      c - avalonians
      d - ow monsters/boss areas.

3 - avalon roads

This way safe content and instance spam won't dry up BM, and even if it does, other content won't suffer because of it.

This is my suggestion over a month ago on how to improve loot in the game.
    • Quagga wrote:

Introducing separate loot pools based on content.

Dividing loot pools into three subgroups:
      1 - instances
      a - corrupted dungeons
      b - hellgates
      c - HCE

2 - open world
      a - solo dungeons
      b - group dungeons
      c - avalonians
      d - ow monsters/boss areas.

3 - avalon roads

This way safe content and instance spam won't dry up BM, and even if it does, other content won't suffer because of it.

This is my suggestion over a month ago on how to improve loot in the game.
      Or simply put less loot into risk free content. But this concept seems too advanced for SBI devs to grasp so they keep putting the most loot into content with low risk.
    • Warwick2002 wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

You dont understand how the loot system in this game works do you....

For @thefixx

For @MrNevi

"Risk vs Reward". I spent 4 hours of my time in T5 Black zone grinding solo dungeons and only came out with 196,000 (repairs includede etc etc). During that time I only got 2 rare chests and the rest were uncommon. The 2 rare chests that i did acquire were only 22k and 26k in value. Can you explain where the risk v reward is there? This games dungeon loot is abysmal. There's also a weird silver drop cap for T5 mobs that I did where it only gave me 105 silver?? I can legit walk outside and smack some open world mobs that are identical to the ones in the dung and get 4x that. I quit Albion for good not long after this.
      Now this is where something called "Tiers" come in, you complaining of getting low rewards when all you do is grind dungeons equivalent to grinding yz dungeons. Go out there deeper into the outlands and farm DGs there, I always grind T8 dungeons because it is worth it I get a minimum of 100k+/DG.