Suggestion - Monetization in Albion

• Suggestion - Monetization in Albion

Hello, many of us who play this game, we are lovers of MMOs, for some perhaps this has been their first MMO (you do not know how lucky you have been), The point is that soon, at the end of this year And about next year, many other MMO games are coming out, and although it is true that it seems that albion is going to stay with a large public for its good optimization / few requirements on PC and mobile, many things will happen and will to affect the number of players in albion.

Every time I recommend a friend to come to this game, or I defend it in some streaming (Because the advertising "meme" of Albion, has been so heavy that people think it is a shit game), I realize that albion It has been a key piece and has mechanics never seen in an MMO, but they are going to copy them. I know of at least 3 major games coming out soon, some from multi-million dollar companies, that are going to take a lot of albion ideas. Therefore, they can be a great competition.

I really like the idea that everything is great for everyone, but I keep thinking that albion does not have a monetization system good enough to enrich the company, and that this enrichment makes them grow and "be better".

An intermediate albion player, who plays regularly, has no reason to buy the premium. He can have them if he wants to go fast, but if he's having fun and earning enough money, he won't bring any money to the game.

The payment system is optional. If you know how to make money, it is very easy to get. Therefore, who pays? I, without studying but using logic, I think that by nature, new players can buy the premium to go up faster and be able to generate constant money, but when they reach a certain level, they will have no reason to keep paying because they can get it for free. I have friends who do not mind leveling up slowly, because we have a good time, and they will never pay the premium to get something that they get playing and having fun.

In other words, Albion monetizes new players, old players have no reason, except to want to support the company, but it is something very intimate and it is certainly not a good method for a company to grow.

The little "season pass" like icing has a special mount, but currently you can buy them for 300ks in the market, plus if you've been playing for a year, you will know that there are only 12 mounts and they are repeating year after year. That is, an albion player with more than 1 year, apart from surely generating a lot of money and being able to buy all the mounts that he wants from the pass for silver, will not have incentives to buy more.

The only thing that can encourage you to help the company, is the sale of cosmetic cosmetics for real money, it is the only thing that I think albion has done well for long-term monetization, but also, you do not have to like all cosmetics and they are relatively expensive.

How do we make the company bigger?

As players, I am sure that we would all like to spend money if we know that we are rewarded with fresh and fun things, I am sure that if every month, the mount was always new and exclusive, many more people would pay the premium. Maybe the current mount pass is fine for the first year of players, but you have to think of something for more veteran players, something that has a real price and does not go down in price every year.

Let's remember the number of MMOs that are going to come out this year and next year, albion needs to update its methods of making money.

And you, what do you think of this?
    • SirLoncho wrote:

but I keep thinking that albion does not have a monetization system good enough to enrich the company
      Considering that late last year SBI sold the company to Stillfront for 120 million Euro's, Id say the monetization system was plenty good.

SirLoncho wrote:

but when they reach a certain level, they will have no reason to keep paying because they can get it for free.
      You dont understand how premium works. When you buy premium for silver the game looks at the gold market and auto-converts that silver to 3000 gold buy fulfilling a gold sell order. That gold which was bought with RL cash is then removed from the game. Therefore all premium has a monetization attached to it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Cof cof, League of Legends, cof cof, biggest moba in the World, cof cof, 100% free to play.

You dont know what you are talking about.
      That means you want Albion to lock weapons behind payment system? Because that is what LoL does, you have to pay money to get the heroes, especially new ones that are broken and so its is pay to win (at least for some weeks). Horrible system, very profitable though because kids have no patience and adults have no time....
    • McDobs wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Cof cof, League of Legends, cof cof, biggest moba in the World, cof cof, 100% free to play.

You dont know what you are talking about.
      That means you want Albion to lock weapons behind payment system? Because that is what LoL does, you have to pay money to get the heroes, especially new ones that are broken and so its is pay to win (at least for some weeks). Horrible system, very profitable though because kids have no patience and adults have no time....
      So you are saying i need to play LoL to have acess to more champions, AKA progress?

And are you also implying that here we have acess to every weapon at maximun tier from the get go, so i don't have to progress?

ALSO, you are saying that, just like a champion that just launched, i don't need to farm a new weapon line if i want to use them when it launches? Or use my influence point already gathered to unlock the champion, just like fame credits already saved?

I wonder...