Can we please for the love of god remove showing exact death locations

• Can we please for the love of god remove showing exact death locations

Can we please for the love of god remove showing exact death locations!! This mechanic makes 0 sense. Stops solo and small groups from doing anything because soon as someone dies here comes the whole map. In no way shape or form does this help anyone but giant zergs. Like oh look someone died lets go steal everything and mop them up. As being a small guild and sometimes solo player this is by far the worst mechanic this game has to offer. If you ever fight someone you are gonna die 80% of the time because endless people flood in because it shows you the exact location. Takes 10 seconds before you can even start mounting up and well that the end of you. Plus the four seconds it takes to actually mount. Such a stupid mechanic. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    • Sandbox lol. It's a sandbox when they feel like using the term but not when they want to make the game easy for noobs.. Albion has gone full care bear, may as well make the royals full yellow zone right now. All the fights are now in silly pvp flag areas and blues have zero risk. I liked to solo red play and like u say u get a kill and then you're surrounded by 20 blues within seconds. Not played red for months now its just dumb
    • This game is full of chicken hawks who accuse others of being carebears while whining about the slightest chance of them losing. If you're killing a player and looting his stuff, you open yourself up to the same. It's real hypocritical to complain about getting killed while you're killing others.

Can't take the heat? Don't turn on the fire.
    • Hastatus wrote:

This game is full of chicken hawks who accuse others of being carebears while whining about the slightest chance of them losing. If you're killing a player and looting his stuff, you open yourself up to the same. It's real hypocritical to complain about getting killed while you're killing others.

Not at all. Some people flag red just to be attacked in a strategic play style, but why should the whole map see where you are just to give the flagged player a disadvantage ? Like I said pandering to carebears
    • It is its actually freaking retarded. It serves no purpose what so ever besides to make people who do flag ( who already are taking a risk) at the biggest disadvantage. Like why should i even flag red if i can just stay blue and wait for some other red to kill someone then go over there and zerg them. Shit is beyond stupid. Like okay i get it reds are the bad guys but show every freaking person on the map where he successfully killed someone???!!! Blue flagged people are bigger rats then reds are honestly. I dont even attack other red just because the fucking blue population is retarded. What happened to fun open loot pvp games? No other game shows the exact death location of someone?>!?! REMOVE THIS PLEASE
    • Gatherers and transporters will argue against this request. Seeing a death on the map tells them there are gankers around.

Also by displaying the death on map, it stimulates more PvP content. As you rightly point out a death marker attracts other players like flies to shit.
    • BraveArt wrote:

Hastatus wrote:

This game is full of chicken hawks who accuse others of being carebears while whining about the slightest chance of them losing. If you're killing a player and looting his stuff, you open yourself up to the same. It's real hypocritical to complain about getting killed while you're killing others.

Not at all. Some people flag red just to be attacked in a strategic play style, but why should the whole map see where you are just to give the flagged player a disadvantage ? Like I said pandering to carebears
      more risk more reward, more reward more risk. The reward of killing another player and looting them is balanced out by the risk of alerting your position on the map. If you can't make a clean escape then that's on you, successfully getting away with your loot is part of the hardcore part. Your issue is you think hardcore means ganker paradise, nah, hardcore means everyone is at high risk, including gankers. Just as gatherers and transporters have to deal with their risks, gankers have to deal with theirs.
    • Hastatus wrote:

BraveArt wrote:

Hastatus wrote:

more risk more reward, more reward more risk. The reward of killing another player and looting them is balanced out by the risk of alerting your position on the map. If you can't make a clean escape then that's on you, successfully getting away with your loot is part of the hardcore part. Your issue is you think hardcore means ganker paradise, nah, hardcore means everyone is at high risk, including gankers. Just as gatherers and transporters have to deal with their risks, gankers have to deal with theirs.
      That is a falacy in current albion and i'll show you why.

Subjet A decides flag up and do some solo ganking, somehow he found a solo player and managed to kill him (98% chances it was a solo farmer who only run away, becuase thats the only kind of solo player left in this game) on average solo farmers use no more than t5 gear, with ox, if you are extremely lucky you find one using a boar.
      So on average you gain something in between 200k to 700k, aka a solid t7/t8 cheap build+cape. (this only applies if you actually manage to kill him, a task which is very hard in current albion because of all the escaping mechanics they get) the moment subject A gets a kill, his risk level raises to %200 because now the spot where he killed is branded in the map, and as soon as that skull shows up, 20 blue players storm him from every end of the map to gank him.

Now, subject B, who is tired of flagging, but still wants some open world pvp, decided to stay on X map to wait for some red player to go through, suddenly he sees a skull in the map so he starts to chase, not only him but 19 other people join the hunt, they quickly storm the red player/s, this 20 players prevent subject A from escaping and subject B is lucky enough to give him the last strike, and loot his stuff, a solid t7/t8 build+the loots of the farmer this red guy was trying to steal.

Subject A, had a lvl 10 risk (just to put some numeric value) and his reward was just enough to repay his own build. Lets say it was a 3.
      Subject B just earned a lvl 6 to 7 reward with absolutely no risk at all.
      The results, most players stay blue and wait for red idiots to tryhard, so red players get chased down every single day by 20 or more blue players. Aka royal solo or small scale pvp dies.

That's the state of current albion in royal, in black zone is even worst, because as soon as your party hits X map, most maps have either huge ganking parties running around all day long, or huge zergs to come at aid and wipe invaders out of their map.

And who wins? The one who risks the least and just speculate.
    • Clasics wrote:

Hastatus wrote:

BraveArt wrote:

Hastatus wrote:

That is a falacy in current albion and i'll show you why.
      Subjet A decides flag up and do some solo ganking, somehow he found a solo player and managed to kill him (98% chances it was a solo farmer who only run away, becuase thats the only kind of solo player left in this game) on average solo farmers use no more than t5 gear, with ox, if you are extremely lucky you find one using a boar.
      So on average you gain something in between 200k to 700k, aka a solid t7/t8 cheap build+cape. (this only applies if you actually manage to kill him, a task which is very hard in current albion because of all the escaping mechanics they get) the moment subject A gets a kill, his risk level raises to %200 because now the spot where he killed is branded in the map, and as soon as that skull shows up, 20 blue players storm him from every end of the map to gank him.

Now, subject B, who is tired of flagging, but still wants some open world pvp, decided to stay on X map to wait for some red player to go through, suddenly he sees a skull in the map so he starts to chase, not only him but 19 other people join the hunt, they quickly storm the red player/s, this 20 players prevent subject A from escaping and subject B is lucky enough to give him the last strike, and loot his stuff, a solid t7/t8 build+the loots of the farmer this red guy was trying to steal.

Subject A, had a lvl 10 risk (just to put some numeric value) and his reward was just enough to repay his own build. Lets say it was a 3.
      Subject B just earned a lvl 6 to 7 reward with absolutely no risk at all.
      The results, most players stay blue and wait for red idiots to tryhard, so red players get chased down every single day by 20 or more blue players. Aka royal solo or small scale pvp dies.

That's the state of current albion in royal, in black zone is even worst, because as soon as your party hits X map, most maps have either huge ganking parties running around all day long, or huge zergs to come at aid and wipe invaders out of their map.

And who wins? The one who risks the least and just speculate.
      I notice you're not stating what the ganker is wearing, most gankers wear quite cheap sets, because they look for fights where they have an advantage, so IP isn't as important as in a duel. I wouldn't be surprised if the ganker is only risking 100k, in comparison to the solo farmer he probably attacked while he was busy already fighting mobs, or a gatherer wearing gathering gear, who could reasonable be carrying close to a mil worth of stuff.
      Gankers often risk much less than the gatherers and PVEers they rob.

Second, you state that 20 blues attack one red, you account for that when assessing how much risk the ganker faces, but ignore them when assessing the reward the blues get for their low risk play. In the above scenario, the ganker has 100k of loot, steals say 400k in loot from his victim, then gets killed by the blues, trashing about half his value to 250k. One person gets the 250k but the average payout to the 20 blues is 12.5k. which is virtually nothing. The ganker on the other hand risked 100k and had the potential to walk out with several times that, just because it didn't pan out this time doesn't mean it always does.

All lucrative activities in the red and black zone need risk to balance them out. Gatherers have to wear gathering gear and often need to use slower mounts for higher carrying capacity. Dungeoneers wear gear optimised for fighting mobs, and if found by divers will often be mid fight, lower on health and energy, and with most of his skills on cool down. Gankers need to have risk as well, they already have gear optimised for fighting, and chasing (which can easily be used for escaping), they don't need to spend as much time in an area as gatherers or dungeoneers, fights last a few minutes at most and outlaw is like 3 minutes, Vs gatherers who need to spend close to half an hour clearing a map, or dungeoneers who need around 10-15min to clear a dungeon.

And most importantly gankers have first move advantage. Gatherers and dungeoneers don't get to choose when gankers attack, gankers get to choose when they flag up and attack someone else.
      A gatherer would be a fool to try collecting ore in a map full of reds, so you'd have to be a fool to be a ganker in a red zone full of blues. Frankly the game is already heavily in favour of gankers so the death animation should stay, it's one of the few mechanics balancing out ganking.
    • You are very wrong on this fact. Because one the population vs map size is way way over saturated. two Gathers can see how many reds are in a rea so actually they have 0% chance of being ganked if they want to. Most choose to stay in a zone with reds and in turn they get attacked. Reds can not see how many blues are in a map and the maps are way way over crowded these days. So gather's actually risk nothing unless they want to. When i go farming for a long time as soon as a red enters a map i leave and hide. If you continue to gather that was your choice aka risk vs reward. I agree with you on the dungeon aspect though. That is kinda bs, its not a ganking i ever do or look for because. Instances ruin most open world games. If you could see how many blues were in a map sure i wouldn't have as much a problem. But still the death showing exact location on the map is beyond stupid. It served its purpose when the game first came out because of low population now it is a terrible terrible thing.
    • Also not all gankers wear only 20k gear, We only do it because the 95% chance to get raided by 100 blues is there. Fuck i would love to go out ganking with bad ass gear if i knew it had any advantages at all. But atm it does not. The open world pvp is a mess. They should add guild to guild wars were they can attack eachother without interference , bounties ,bounty hunters. Mad someone ganked you? put a bounty on them. Honestly the point it stands at right now their is actually no reason to go red at all. Might as well stay blue and hunt reds your odds are much much better and no risk. Eve online had a proper setup. No one is going to risk their multmillion cruiser because this guy is attacking you. So many better ways to set up what this game has. Me as a gatherer i have died maybe 5 times gathering and 90% of the reason i died is because i tried to fight someone and forgot i was over wieght. Kinda hard to ganked when you can see the gankers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Foulblade ().