Future level 120 is silly.

• Piddle wrote:

Easy fix. Delete your character and start a new one. Then you get all the benefits too, and you don't have to go around being angry that the game isn't as miserable as it used to be.
      yeah, i should delete my 4 tool t8 full spec character and start a new one.

some wannabe "high iq" ppl keep thinking that this game is path of exile. sorry, bud, it s not.
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD
      When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.
      In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      First, 100 is magic number.
      Second, you obviously see people don't like it, then stop being smarter.
      Third, needless change. Are you bored or you are looking for something to do ?
    • Because veterans are frustrated that the time required to reach 100 spec for them will not equate to the time needed for newbies to reach the same result. In short this devalues the time veterans invested into the nodes.
      The same thing happened when GRD's were introduced - the fame inside was so high and it was relatively much safer than farming in the old static dungeons. Sure it allowed alot of people have the opportunity to spec up without being in a guild that controlled the static dungeons, yet the veterans' time was still devalued as a result, but relative to the possibilities created for a big part of the playerbase, it was perfectly justified.

The catch being, this time it's not done in favour of anything besides increasing the cap just for the sake of increasing it. No new opportunities arise, no drastic changes are being made, it's just fucking numbers going up.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • I agree, intead of increasing the level cap, why not fix the game first.
      fix the ping issue
      Add controller support for mobile users thumbs is the worse blindspot
      Recently game crashes during pvp/faction or anything an then when you log back in your like a sitting duck sorrounded ie: free kill. Loosing your hard earned gear. Should atleast give you time to recoup. Increasing the level cap only means alot players will just quit and move on.
    • Hattenhair wrote:

The catch being, this time it's not done in favour of anything besides increasing the cap just for the sake of increasing it. No new opportunities arise, no drastic changes are being made, it's just fucking numbers going up.

I think old players needing more fame also means old players being more willing to take newer players fame farming, more chances of open world interaction.
      Also closing the gap between low and high spec is probably good for the game despite the investments of older players to get where they are.
      When you're poor and can't afford sets and everyone you're up against has 20-30% higher stats, I think that puts a lot of people off.
    • decand wrote:

I think old players needing more fame also means old players being more willing to take newer players fame farming, more chances of open world interaction.
      Also closing the gap between low and high spec is probably good for the game despite the investments of older players to get where they are.
      When you're poor and can't afford sets and everyone you're up against has 20-30% higher stats, I think that puts a lot of people off.
      if i grinded from zero they should grind from zero, too. i didnt ask anyone silver. and yet, it is easy enough in this game to become decent.
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD
      When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.
      In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      This sounds terrible. Can we just leave the system how it is and make the additional 20 levels a "prestige" system that grants no additional IP. This is a soft reset that no one has asked for and I don't think anyone will enjoy. I was faming up armors and weapons I don't typically use but that stops now, no point in wasting my time and effort.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Oshien wrote:

This sounds terrible. Can we just leave the system how it is and make the additional 20 levels a "prestige" system that grants no additional IP. This is a soft reset that no one has asked for and I don't think anyone will enjoy. I was faming up armors and weapons I don't typically use but that stops now, no point in wasting my time and effort.
      don't think it is a waste since faming those was allowing to be more versatile and now people that already did that (some have had done it completely for 8-12months+ easily) will have something to look forward to "specialize" further into.

Makes people play longer, can lead to some content being revived when put in the mix with the future updates that are coming before the end of the year, sounds really interesting to me and not waste or terrible.

The veterans will have to choose between elite specs and stocking fame credits for the 3 new weapon trees (so that says to me 18 to 21 new weapons eventually). This sounds like some commitment will be forced on people that want to play everything and be maxed out everywhere and make it more accessible for people to just max out a few regardless if it is the new weapons and have the same ip on a different set that they already started grinding for.
    • Deathskills wrote:

Oshien wrote:

don't think it is a waste since faming those was allowing to be more versatile and now people that already did that (some have had done it completely for 8-12months+ easily) will have something to look forward to "specialize" further into.
      Makes people play longer, can lead to some content being revived when put in the mix with the future updates that are coming before the end of the year, sounds really interesting to me and not waste or terrible.

The veterans will have to choose between elite specs and stocking fame credits for the 3 new weapon trees (so that says to me 18 to 21 new weapons eventually). This sounds like some commitment will be forced on people that want to play everything and be maxed out everywhere and make it more accessible for people to just max out a few regardless if it is the new weapons and have the same ip on a different set that they already started grinding for.

Well for me it is a waste. I can be farming fame credits for the weapons/armors I use now or possibly for the new ones coming. Being a completist, right now is wasting time as it will be faster to get the same result once the change is in place.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • I dunno, in one hand I kinda like the option to have a better specialization, but on the other hand we have many IP caps so I can't really see the point.
      Also if i'm not mistaken, the higher you go on one thing the less you gain per level, meaning a spec 60 to 80 has a much bigger impact than 80 to 100, kinda like diminishing returns. So I don't think things that people are so concerned matter too much.
      What will happen though is a more balanced level across the globe and equips will be a little more valuable and matter a little more. If that is the case then we also would need better access to resources, since the player base increased a lot these 2 years but the resources no. That would only increase the gap between rich and poor ppl.
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

This would be only fair for your faithful players, if you scale their current achievements accordingly. Lots of people will just get upset and maybe even quite the game if you tell them they grinned all these months/years for nothing.
      If the purpose is to use it as another "satchel" silver sink, I think there are better ways of decreasing overall silver in game, and this one is a bit risky card to play.
      Things that worked 20y ago for MMOs are unlikely to work these days, lots of players avoid MMOs for a reason, an general public consciousness has changed a lot, so again this is very tricky thing you're trying to change, which can be a show stopper for some players. Please do it right, there is also no need to rush it.
    • Unangwata wrote:

Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      First, 100 is magic number.Second, you obviously see people don't like it, then stop being smarter.
      Third, needless change. Are you bored or you are looking for something to do ?
      Korn is not bored, he has to deliver more silver sinks to the new shareholders.
      And I can assure you that 20 levels on full respec will cost more than 100 levels before.
      Call it a Stillfront patch.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gibba ().

• Quagga wrote:

instead of adding unnecessary "silver sink" stuff
      maybe they should fix HCE,laborers,skins and more broken silver generators.
      laborers ain't as broken, my setup that was making 250mil a month 18 months ago is making 40m now due to resource values and tome values (from just buying/selling, no crafting to fill books involved).

Skins might be partially be fixed with the skin lock they placed.

and don't forget that any referral skin after July 11th or 19th 2019 can come back which would crash the value of some of the skins (cougar occult, plate cougar, alpaca skins) would all instantly fall back to premium cost basically.
    • Gibba wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      First, 100 is magic number.Second, you obviously see people don't like it, then stop being smarter.Third, needless change. Are you bored or you are looking for something to do ?
      Korn is not bored, he has to deliver more silver sinks to the new shareholders.And I can assure you that 20 levels on full respec will cost more than 100 levels before.
      Call it a Stillfront patch.
      There is an issue of combat fame. With that new system you may be farming pointlessly forever at 119 level while you would normally get combat fame at 100.
      What's the point ? Currently u still benefit at max 100 level because you get combat fame you can invest in something else. If that's going to work only at 120 level which supposedly is very hard to get, combat fame will be obsolete.
    • im not against the fact that you shorten the way to 100 spec,
      but if you do please take a "screenshot" of global values before doing it, and reward older players that grinded for long at the previous rate with free fame credits at the proportion of the % you shorten the grind.
      if you don't you'll lose players, but maybe you don't care because they bought most of the vanity they liked in your shop already and found a way of passive income to don't pay sub anymore?
      i definitely think you have though about my last though, making oldest players realize they wasted their time will make your social media rep sink, and lots of players will quit, i wouldnt do that... especialy because your main word was "Build/create/tell your story" about the game advertising....

The post was edited 1 time, last by PhobosARK ().

• Midgard wrote:

Korn wrote:

Sounds like in order to facilitate the small group of players who have maxed out spec and hundreds of millions of fame credits, you are devaluing all progression from 0-100 by making it significantly easier and removing any sort of meaningful differentiation in gear levels for all but those elite group who can push to 120 (some at the click of a button with fame credits) . Why not just start everyone at 100 when they step off the boat ....
      Sheesss.

I assume your last quip there was a troll one?

How fast do the new playerbase expect to progress up?

This is a grind game, anyone should see that the second they look at the destiny board.

And yea, some people can just click and be done, but you are talking about a minescule % of the playerbase with that much fame stored up.

Edit: Also, anyone that quits the game over this are the same type of people that would walk into the same place they bougth the TV one year ago when it's 50% Off and complain that they had to pay full price.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Alysandra ().