Future level 120 is silly.

• Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD
      When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.
      In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      <X <X <X <X <X
      You just can't hide this insanely stupid money grabs anymore can you? Do you think players won't realize this is a cash grab so whales can spend $$$ in tomes to quickly get the advantage? I'm sick of this game's management.
      Not only you don't fix combat and pvp balancing, you don't address the insanely boring pve you are trying to make the center of the game. But now you just shit on every vet force them to continue grinding this boring repetitive trash content so they can just pvp and chill at an even playfield. Disgusting

Bulaches wrote:

MagusAdept wrote:

Bulaches wrote:

Well everyone will start at 100. I don't know for sure if they're gonna allow people to use combat fame credits for elite levels. They're talking about it like you won't be able to, but we'll see.

I was personally sick when I read this feature on the roadmap, and I quit the game for a time, but on second thought, I think it's pretty well thought, if they implement it carefully - people shouldn't be allowed to use combat fame credits, or at least it should cost a lot of them plus these levels shouldn't give an insane amount of IP.

As a new player, seeing everyone with maxed out spec on a weapon you also like is not a good player experience. New players also want to take part in open-world content, like red zone faction activities, or ganking. No new player wants to spend that much time just to get a set to high spec to take out in the open-world, just to realize it's not good.

What new players are doing right now is farming dungeons on top of dungeons, just to try to compete with groups of chads with 1600 IP on flat 8 that will run them over.

I reckon everyone will stay at 100-105 spec, except for the people that do HCEs and maybe some ZvZ tryhards. My point is open-world content in the Royals will be much more balanced for new and intermediate players, and I really like that change. I agree that it's not gonna be as satisfying as it was to not have maxed-out equipment, but that is a small price to pay for much less grind to be up to the same speed as everyone.
      No, they said you start at 0 and they will make it faster to get to 100
      I dont think there is a careful way to implement this that isnt a slap in the face. There is 192ish items in the game that use combat fame, and if someone has banked the fame credits from using them, you are saying its unfair for them to progress with the work they already put in?

I understand as a new player it sucks, you gotta wear gear 3 IP levels higher to be on an even playing field, you lose more while they lose less, no risk reward like promised. No old player wanted to spend that much time just to get high spec either to take out in the open-world to realize its not good, but they did.

It wont be much more balanced, the game has never been balanced, but this change is something else entirely. you can currently have 1800IP and lose to 2 or 3 players in t4.1, the IP on the group only really matters if the group is fighting another group, so im not sure what point you were trying to make with that, if you are solo, you will be run over by any group.

Open world content in royals is ZvZ, or group ganking. If you try to solo gank you get swarmed with blues. This change doesnt alter that dynamic at all, and the new max is about 35% better than the old one, so yes, those people with smash in 4.0.
      People will grind to max, and soon you will see that being at 100-105 spec will again put you using t8 to their t6. All it changes is the people who already put in the work, have to do it again
      Everyone starts from whatever spec they already had.
      SBI made it very clear it will be incredibly hard to level up after you reach 100 spec. So if they implement what they said they will implement, I believe there will be just a handful of addicts that actually level up to max.

Even if people will be allowed to use fame credits, can you imagine how much they will actually have to spend to get like 3 levels?

In perspective, it is obvious that they just want to change the spec curve to give beginners more of an advantage. Or, in other words, they realized the grind is too long for each weapon just to get it to a playable open-world spec. They know that not everyone has hours to play this game everyday, so they decided to make the game playable for us, while not taking away the rewards for the people that can play a lot. Also, I think this change will introduce a lot of variety in terms of used gear, since it will be easier to change gear if you don’t like it. And the variety will balance the economy, consequently.

It’s their approach, I like it. I may be wrong, but I think I understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.
      If that was the case they would just simply reduce the overall grind to reach to 100, and let everyone enjoy max lvl content and pvp, yet that's not the case as I stated before, this is another desperate sick cash grab from SBI, same as current weapon balance fraud, in which each month they break a new weapon so every braindead whale spends money to quickly cap it.
    • Korn wrote:

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.
      In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      thus, in summary, you are gonna thrash our hardly earned and grinded with time specs, like you did in the last year. thank you, thank you a lot.
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD
      This is not good enough, cant you realize most of players dont want that elite levels? this is clearly a very poor and lazy addition to the game
      Why is so hard for SBI to understand this?
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

So quick question will crafting and gathering be impacted in speed of which we lvl to or no because atm it seems those who want to craft or gather seems to always get pushed to back when it comes to how fast we lvl and its mainly wait x days get x lp and there you go. Much less we ever get those oh so spooky resource dungeons that never saw the light of day :wink: i havnt forgotten.
    • Clasics wrote:

If that was the case they would just simply reduce the overall grind to reach to 100, and let everyone enjoy max lvl content and pvp, yet that's not the case as I stated before, this is another desperate sick cash grab from SBI, same as current weapon balance fraud, in which each month they break a new weapon so every braindead whale spends money to quickly cap it.
      They could just reduce the grind to 100, but that would be unfair for those that already have 100 spec in the majority of weapons. Instead of letting their combat fame credits rot, SBI is giving them the opportunity to be even better. I personally don't see any other way to make everyone happy - novice players want faster spec to 100, veterans want their efforts and dedication to be valued.

Regarding the "desperate sick cash grab from SBI"... not everyone's out to get you, you can relax and we can have a proper forum debate, as long as you keep an open mind about things.
      I don't think there is a thing such as weapon balance fraud - these meta shifts are essential to the game. Of course every weapon needs to be in the spotlight for some time. It wouldn't make sense to have all these cool weapons in the game if only one or two would be used for each content type. I think you can agree with me on this one.

I don't like some of the things SBI does, I don't fully support them. For instance, they have yet to add some promised features I am still looking forward to this day (such as the ability to buy loadouts directly from the shop, so I don't waste 5 minutes each time I want to equip the same set). I think that other things would've been better for the game, and they are nowhere to be found in the roadmap. I also think that the elite levels change was not necessary.
    • Overall the idea is good if the goal was to revive the open world by adding ELIT specializations that could only be gained by killing ELITS in the open world.

If every PVE activity will be counted towards this then this is a terrible idea and is nothing more than "no content idea"
    • @Korn

Overall I think adding more grind to the game is a really bad idea. However, if you really need to introduce these ELITE levels, please make them feel like ELITE ones as Robin mentioned in video. What does this ELITE mean?
      • they can't be fame farmed or fame credited or fame tomed or whatsoever straight away as they will require other activities
      • mix them with pve and pvp activities, for example, for Bloodletter going from 100 to 101 will require:
        A amount of pve fame AND
        B amount of pvp kills in open world AND
        C amount of pvp kills in an instanced content AND
        D amount of pvp kills finished with E ability
      I'm sure you will come up with some unique ideas (mine were made in like 10 seconds).

To summarise, make them feel more like achievements (as Robin mentioned - other players can see what we have achieved), not another standard boring grinding levels.

Cheers!

The post was edited 5 times, last by Ashoracky ().

• Clasics wrote:

Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      <X <X <X <X <X You just can't hide this insanely stupid money grabs anymore can you? Do you think players won't realize this is a cash grab so whales can spend $$$ in tomes to quickly get the advantage? I'm sick of this game's management.
      you don't have to be a whale to buy tomes?
    • Ashoracky wrote:

@Korn

Overall I think adding more grind to the game is a really bad idea. However, if you really need to introduce these ELITE levels, please make them feel like ELITE ones as Robin mentioned in video. What does this ELITE mean?
      • they can't be fame farmed or fame credited or fame tomed or whatsoever straight away as they will require other activities
      • mix them with pve and pvp activities, for example, for Bloodletter going from 100 to 101 will require:
        A amount of pve fame AND
        B amount of pvp kills in open world AND
        C amount of pvp kills in an instanced content AND
        D amount of pvp kills finished with E ability
      I'm sure you will come up with some unique ideas (mine were made in like 10 seconds).

To summarise, make them feel more like achievements (as Robin mentioned - other players can see what we have achieved), not another standard boring grinding levels.

Cheers!
      as much as this sounds better and more fun, my little background in game devs tells me that your idea would be too expensive to implement for the benifit compared to just making the fame needed per lvl scale more drastically.
    • I realize that this in an MMO and some form of vertical progression is going to exist, but I don't think this game needs more of it.

I love horizontal progression, especially in a game like this. I think shortening the path to 100 is going to get me to try out a lot more things and engage with the game more. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do.

The thing is, I focus a lot more on items over the destiny board. I like being able to swap out my items and do different things. Classless games are great in that regard. It never bothered me that there was a spec grind. Getting proficient in something should come at a "cost."

This change, however, just strikes me as lazy. "We don't know what to do, so let's just make number go up." Shortening the grind to 100 is going to do nothing but piss people off, and this is coming from someone who would highly benefit from the change.

Honestly, I feel like the whole destiny board and fame could do with a rework, but I don't see it happening.
    • We have to level a ZVZ dps/tank weapon, a ZVZ support weapon, a ganking weapon, perhaps another ganking weapon, a PVE weapon. As a player who participates in all kinds of content I find the increase to 120 levels annoying. It means that I have to level every weapon that is maxed out now even further. And please don't kid anyone, it will be necessary to get max specs again, because this is part of the game.

HCE is boring as hell. I won't play corrupted for ff because I want to play in a group, this is a mmo after all. I am not playing this shit for solo gameplay. Group Dungeons/Solo Dungeons are repetitive and boring since there is no more PVP because of scouts and closing dungeons. Avas are repetitive and boring. Roads chest are somewhat interesting if there is PVP contact but it's unreliable fame farm and riding simulator.

I don't know what kind of feedback you processed into this idea. I would really like to see that there is a population that wants elite levels. I don't believe that there is. My personal opinion elite levels are stupid and meant to keep people busy because there is not much good content and it shows your greediness for more EUR/Dollar.
    • Achaikos wrote:

We have to level a ZVZ dps/tank weapon, a ZVZ support weapon, a ganking weapon, perhaps another ganking weapon, a PVE weapon. As a player who participates in all kinds of content I find the increase to 120 levels annoying. It means that I have to level every weapon that is maxed out now even further. And please don't kid anyone, it will be necessary to get max specs again, because this is part of the game.

HCE is boring as hell. I won't play corrupted for ff because I want to play in a group, this is a mmo after all. I am not playing this shit for solo gameplay. Group Dungeons/Solo Dungeons are repetitive and boring since there is no more PVP because of scouts and closing dungeons. Avas are repetitive and boring. Roads chest are somewhat interesting if there is PVP contact but it's unreliable fame farm and riding simulator.

I don't know what kind of feedback you processed into this idea. I would really like to see that there is a population that wants elite levels. I don't believe that there is. My personal opinion elite levels are stupid and meant to keep people busy because there is not much good content and it shows your greediness for more EUR/Dollar.
      Agree 100%. Making new 20 levels same as old ones just shows the laziness.
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

If going from 0-100 will be easier, will people with one or multiple 100s already receive any form of compensation?
    • Sphagge wrote:

Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      If going from 0-100 will be easier, will people with one or multiple 100s already receive any form of compensation?
      why?
    • solventh wrote:

why not? cos i started the game earlier should i be penalized and the newcomers after 4 years can fame 10x easier? you call this as justice?
      Easy fix. Delete your character and start a new one. Then you get all the benefits too, and you don't have to go around being angry that the game isn't as miserable as it used to be.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE