Future level 120 is silly.

• Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD

Seriously speaking though - more grind is really silly decision game-wise. We already have to grind to unlock some VITAL abilities for weapons (looking at you arcane), and now its even more.

I understand that progression is needed, and veteran players should be rewarded for their time and efforts. But we are speaking about FULL LOOT pvp here. Newer players will have to risk expensive equipment for a chance to kill more experienced player, while having less funds, connections and game knowledge. And risk for what? To get from veteran that t5-6 equip that gives him much higher ip than you will ever have in the next few months?

Does it mean that new players will HAVE TO join some ARCH, and stay low, grinding these dungeons with 3 variations 24/7?
      And what if i dont want to? What if i came to game which key feature is a fool loot pvp in open world, for, you know, actual pvp?
      It’s already pretty hard to find it, so i have to turn pk near Carleon for a chance to kill someone and then run from 10+ Blue players, and you tell me that it’s gonna be even harder?

Dont forget to nerf kite weapons even further, so the last chances to kill player with higher IP, or to win an outnumbered fight will gone.
    • Metteia wrote:

Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.

In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
    • Korn wrote:

When the higher combat specs get rolled out, we will combine this with a series of strong fame buffs, meaning that going from 0-100 will be significantly easier than it is right now.

In addition to that, getting from 100 to 120 will be very hard. The result of that is that somebody starting at 0 will gain spec quickly, while somebody who is at 100 now will have to work very hard to go further. This mean that the average item power gap between players will almost certainly go down. (i.e. if you have two players, A and B, and A is at 80 spec and B at 100 - a difference of 20 - after the update, this is going to shrink - quite a lot.
      Sounds like in order to facilitate the small group of players who have maxed out spec and hundreds of millions of fame credits, you are devaluing all progression from 0-100 by making it significantly easier and removing any sort of meaningful differentiation in gear levels for all but those elite group who can push to 120 (some at the click of a button with fame credits) . Why not just start everyone at 100 when they step off the boat ....
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

Yay!!! More gap between rich and poor, old and new. What a marvelous decision! Am i gonna be rekt by dude in t3 with 1300 ip now? xD
      Ehm, what exactly is shrinking? Are the IP values just scaled after the change? Like Level 100 damage output will be the same as Level 120 damage output after the patch?
    • Korn wrote:

Metteia wrote:

So you cannot reset/wipe the game political, but you achieve something similar by making the veteran achievement void and forcing a silent reset anyway.. yay!!!
    • Have a mixed feeling about this tbh, since gap will remain the same, if not bigger (If elite spec will be this hard to max). But hard to tell since we have no idea how much IP elite spec will provide.

On the other hand, if it will be possible to have access to to all weapon abilities much quicker, its rather good news. And difference between plebs will be lower. Although rich guys and veterans may be even more dangerous.

BTW does anyone have idea when this patch may come?

PS glad that i didnt specialized on one weapon and dont have 100 on any of them. WOULD BE SO DISSAPOINTING LMAO

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metteia ().

• @Korn I like the 120 idea but it can be better if you guys FIX and BALANCE the pvp, because right now everyone are just playing few abusive meta weps for troll in every content and is making the game so boring.

The Stun to Win meta for groups is so stupid and i never see it before in other games.... A stun chain that make you get rooted on floor for more than 10 secs is cancer is the worst idea ever...

When new games came a lot pp gonna keep leaving this game and no one is talking about.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MrDaS ().

• This is an absolutely frustrating direction to take the game. spending an ungodly amount of time maxing outs specializations and almost being done with a weapon tree, and now you are going to increase it and tell me my previous hard work will be easy for everyone, and I have to regrind again?
      Fame farming is the worst man, you aren't making it rewarding, you are making it attrition, and I don't know if I can stomach playing through more of it.
      It sucks and its not fun even in groups after enough time. if you really are going this direction make kill fame give fame credits because a lot of us just want to PvP on an even playing field.
      5 out of 7 maxed daggers, the other two half way, got too far into before I realized that I don't like them and would rather play other weapons, but its too expensive and you lose too much when you respec.
      Adding on more worthless grinding? Who on your staff enjoys this? Honestly who thinks its a good idea? I'm not taking 8.1 gear out to compete with people in 6.1, that's too expensive a loss. so I gotta grind to compete instead of pvping which is essentially the core of your game...
      I love this game, but this decision might push me to move on.
      you do you though, it is what it is.
    • MagusAdept wrote:

This is an absolutely frustrating direction to take the game. spending an ungodly amount of time maxing outs specializations and almost being done with a weapon tree, and now you are going to increase it and tell me my previous hard work will be easy for everyone, and I have to regrind again?
      Fame farming is the worst man, you aren't making it rewarding, you are making it attrition, and I don't know if I can stomach playing through more of it.
      It sucks and its not fun even in groups after enough time. if you really are going this direction make kill fame give fame credits because a lot of us just want to PvP on an even playing field.
      5 out of 7 maxed daggers, the other two half way, got too far into before I realized that I don't like them and would rather play other weapons, but its too expensive and you lose too much when you respec.
      Adding on more worthless grinding? Who on your staff enjoys this? Honestly who thinks its a good idea? I'm not taking 8.1 gear out to compete with people in 6.1, that's too expensive a loss. so I gotta grind to compete instead of pvping which is essentially the core of your game...
      I love this game, but this decision might push me to move on.
      you do you though, it is what it is.
      Well everyone will start at 100. I don't know for sure if they're gonna allow people to use combat fame credits for elite levels. They're talking about it like you won't be able to, but we'll see.

I was personally sick when I read this feature on the roadmap, and I quit the game for a time, but on second thought, I think it's pretty well thought, if they implement it carefully - people shouldn't be allowed to use combat fame credits, or at least it should cost a lot of them plus these levels shouldn't give an insane amount of IP.

As a new player, seeing everyone with maxed out spec on a weapon you also like is not a good player experience. New players also want to take part in open-world content, like red zone faction activities, or ganking. No new player wants to spend that much time just to get a set to high spec to take out in the open-world, just to realize it's not good.

What new players are doing right now is farming dungeons on top of dungeons, just to try to compete with groups of chads with 1600 IP on flat 8 that will run them over.

I reckon everyone will stay at 100-105 spec, except for the people that do HCEs and maybe some ZvZ tryhards. My point is open-world content in the Royals will be much more balanced for new and intermediate players, and I really like that change. I agree that it's not gonna be as satisfying as it was to not have maxed-out equipment, but that is a small price to pay for much less grind to be up to the same speed as everyone.
    • Bulaches wrote:

Well everyone will start at 100. I don't know for sure if they're gonna allow people to use combat fame credits for elite levels. They're talking about it like you won't be able to, but we'll see.

I was personally sick when I read this feature on the roadmap, and I quit the game for a time, but on second thought, I think it's pretty well thought, if they implement it carefully - people shouldn't be allowed to use combat fame credits, or at least it should cost a lot of them plus these levels shouldn't give an insane amount of IP.

As a new player, seeing everyone with maxed out spec on a weapon you also like is not a good player experience. New players also want to take part in open-world content, like red zone faction activities, or ganking. No new player wants to spend that much time just to get a set to high spec to take out in the open-world, just to realize it's not good.

What new players are doing right now is farming dungeons on top of dungeons, just to try to compete with groups of chads with 1600 IP on flat 8 that will run them over.

I reckon everyone will stay at 100-105 spec, except for the people that do HCEs and maybe some ZvZ tryhards. My point is open-world content in the Royals will be much more balanced for new and intermediate players, and I really like that change. I agree that it's not gonna be as satisfying as it was to not have maxed-out equipment, but that is a small price to pay for much less grind to be up to the same speed as everyone.

No, they said you start at 0 and they will make it faster to get to 100

I dont think there is a careful way to implement this that isnt a slap in the face. There is 192ish items in the game that use combat fame, and if someone has banked the fame credits from using them, you are saying its unfair for them to progress with the work they already put in?

I understand as a new player it sucks, you gotta wear gear 3 IP levels higher to be on an even playing field, you lose more while they lose less, no risk reward like promised. No old player wanted to spend that much time just to get high spec either to take out in the open-world to realize its not good, but they did.

It wont be much more balanced, the game has never been balanced, but this change is something else entirely. you can currently have 1800IP and lose to 2 or 3 players in t4.1, the IP on the group only really matters if the group is fighting another group, so im not sure what point you were trying to make with that, if you are solo, you will be run over by any group.

Open world content in royals is ZvZ, or group ganking. If you try to solo gank you get swarmed with blues. This change doesnt alter that dynamic at all, and the new max is about 35% better than the old one, so yes, those people with smash in 4.0.
      People will grind to max, and soon you will see that being at 100-105 spec will again put you using t8 to their t6. All it changes is the people who already put in the work, have to do it again

The post was edited 1 time, last by MagusAdept ().

• MagusAdept wrote:

Bulaches wrote:

No, they said you start at 0 and they will make it faster to get to 100

I dont think there is a careful way to implement this that isnt a slap in the face. There is 192ish items in the game that use combat fame, and if someone has banked the fame credits from using them, you are saying its unfair for them to progress with the work they already put in?

I understand as a new player it sucks, you gotta wear gear 3 IP levels higher to be on an even playing field, you lose more while they lose less, no risk reward like promised. No old player wanted to spend that much time just to get high spec either to take out in the open-world to realize its not good, but they did.

It wont be much more balanced, the game has never been balanced, but this change is something else entirely. you can currently have 1800IP and lose to 2 or 3 players in t4.1, the IP on the group only really matters if the group is fighting another group, so im not sure what point you were trying to make with that, if you are solo, you will be run over by any group.

Open world content in royals is ZvZ, or group ganking. If you try to solo gank you get swarmed with blues. This change doesnt alter that dynamic at all, and the new max is about 35% better than the old one, so yes, those people with smash in 4.0.
      People will grind to max, and soon you will see that being at 100-105 spec will again put you using t8 to their t6. All it changes is the people who already put in the work, have to do it again
      Everyone starts from whatever spec they already had.

SBI made it very clear it will be incredibly hard to level up after you reach 100 spec. So if they implement what they said they will implement, I believe there will be just a handful of addicts that actually level up to max.

Even if people will be allowed to use fame credits, can you imagine how much they will actually have to spend to get like 3 levels?

In perspective, it is obvious that they just want to change the spec curve to give beginners more of an advantage. Or, in other words, they realized the grind is too long for each weapon just to get it to a playable open-world spec. They know that not everyone has hours to play this game everyday, so they decided to make the game playable for us, while not taking away the rewards for the people that can play a lot. Also, I think this change will introduce a lot of variety in terms of used gear, since it will be easier to change gear if you don’t like it. And the variety will balance the economy, consequently.

It’s their approach, I like it. I may be wrong, but I think I understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.
    • Bulaches wrote:

Even if people will be allowed to use fame credits, can you imagine how much they will actually have to spend to get like 3 levels?
      Nope, but maybe you can? Funny words considering that patch isn't notes isn't dropped yet.

Basically, i believe it will be just the same, with only difference that even players who played like few years will have to grind again.

You defending this idea, but in the end, it's 90% probability that it will stay as it is: your 100 spec vs enemy 120 after patch, may end up like 0-30 yours vs 100 enemy right now. Oh and btw you still have to grind first to 100 (even if its faster). AND the overall gap between 0 and 120 will be obviously more, cause otherwise, it will be a soft reset and devaluation of people's achievements like other people mentioned.

Also, we don't know yet if bonus IP from 120 spec will influence other weapons in that tree. Cause if it will, that's a whole other level of grind-fiesta getting the whole tree to 120 lol, in open world pvp game btw.
    • What if you can only have one elite weapon specialization per tree? You know, with the option to switch to another by resetting the current one and stuff. It would make for a good silver sink and it would be less OP :D

Edit: Most people are concerned about the grind. You won’t have to grind as much if it’s only one :rolleyes:
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by She0gorath ().

• Makes me question why add "Fame Farming" to spec up your equip? There's already the T1 to T8.3 to scale item power, the fame level is just to shit on newer inexperienced players.

And if sense of progression is what they wanted to make? The gathering of resources is great for that, T4 tool to mine T5&below resource to make T5 tool. And the half drop half destroy on death makes progression worth it, makes you climb up that Tier again if you don't have backup items/money.