Adept's Royal Boots

• Combat Balance
    • Adept's Royal Boots

After changing these shoes in the last patch, they became too good. 90% speed and 20% protection for 8 seconds, every 30 seconds, taking into account the fact that players reduce cooldown THIS IS TOO STRONG

P.S. Sorry for my English

The post was edited 1 time, last by KrUtIsH70 ().

• not realy. in 1v1 scenario to get the full value you must march the max distance which is often times takes up to 2 sec

in group battles its a very good way to pre load defences and charge into battle to mitigate the down side making it a good boots to charge into battle with

same for royal sandals where it gives good move speed and damage at cost of resist making you glass cannon but able to one shot your opponent

for the price of royal sigils this benefits is considered good enough.

not saying its not broken in some scenarios but the effect match the price
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • but if you get CCed though with stun you kina lose all mobility

and 2.5 seconds of not doing anything but marching is like a death sentence when in middle fight
      and the marching speed is fking slow too

its very good for getting into fights but running out its abit ..... well there are better options
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

• Very good boots mobility wise, yet using them in the heat of battle is a death setence most of the time, for the same reason Inner Focus is considered wack, as you just march for 2.5s without the ability to cancel your cast.
      To me the boots right now are definetly a good enough option, yet too polarized on being an engage-only boot slot.

Personally i would make the channel time less punishing at the cost of decreasing MS per stack; something like this, in theory sounds great:
      • MS per stack: 9% -> 7.5%
      • Channel duration: 2.5s -> 2s
      • Channel is now interruptible (Similar to Scholar sandals, also allows to cancel cast mid-point to better calibrate the amount of stacks you want)
      • Cast range: 10m -> 11m (Together with the Channel duration change this results in the regular movespeed of 5.5m/s during channel)
      Currently Royal boots have 71.7mpm of generated distance, after proposed change they would have 66mpm.

P.S: Updating the animation to better signal when the boots are being cast would be a great addition aswell (Something along the lines of flag on back and trumpet in hand with some sparkles, idk).
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • it's called changing the meta by 1 item, It works as it should and allowed other weapons to get knocked out, e.g. frost/bow/grail is now heavily countered by healers, whereas brawlers like claymore/broad/spear easily kill healers, i don't understand where the problem is. everything works as it should.
      the only problem I noticed is a bug/glitch with royal boots, after push off or purge the animation still continues but the bonus speed is gone.
    • well the problem here is that if its pre used to dive a fight
      the 90% for 8 secs is like super strong on top of the increased defences
      it makes you win every trade

which is whats it is intended for
      and believe me it covers alot of distances and is very op for engaging. not so much for running as i have learnt that the hard way

but we can see it is balanced around the fact that if we can land hard cc on it its practically useless but other wise its a solid boots when compared to boots of valor proc conditions

• Nerf these boots already. This game is broken. Not only is this used by the most obnoxious kiting builds, it is also used by rats! i'm facing more rats now than before this patch. I just faced 2 rats back to back just now, just before maintenance. Wasted 30 minutes and couldn't get 1 fight. I WASTED 30 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRYING TO GET PVP FROM A PVP ASPECT OF THE GAME! Now i'm just frustrated.

It's basically the only viable footgear right now. You can't catch up to someone wearing this if say you use any other boots. This item makes fiend cowl mandatory as well. Okay so i should wear fiend cowl right? How do i fight blackhands now? any one shot builds?

The most broken aspect of corrupted is based on mobility. You placed the bats, fixed the mobs to slow first, lowered stun run duration, nerf adrenaline rush. sounds good so far. what's next? here's royal boots (derp) why patch updates and fixes on the game to combat mobility abusers but put something that can be used to abuse mobility? I just don't get it. Do you just want people to quit? cause people are already quitting.
    • The boots were a good change. They needed it. You guys are crying because they have an easily interruptible startup, a little defense, and about the speed of soldier boots. They are an artifact item and should be a little better than normal items. What weapon and gear are you using that you cant switch to a CC when you see them?
      you can stuff it with shadow edge on daggers, ray of light with bows, cripple/harpooon and a few Es on spears, even knockback shot for Xbow should work because they have to reach the end of their channel for it not to be negated. So that leaves axes healers arcane and cursed might have trouble with it? so super overpowered when almost every weapon has a hard counter for it. Adjust to the new, stale meta gets boring.
    • MagusAdept wrote:

The boots were a good change. They needed it. You guys are crying because they have an easily interruptible startup, a little defense, and about the speed of soldier boots. They are an artifact item and should be a little better than normal items. What weapon and gear are you using that you cant switch to a CC when you see them?
      you can stuff it with shadow edge on daggers, ray of light with bows, cripple/harpooon and a few Es on spears, even knockback shot for Xbow should work because they have to reach the end of their channel for it not to be negated. So that leaves axes healers arcane and cursed might have trouble with it? so super overpowered when almost every weapon has a hard counter for it. Adjust to the new, stale meta gets boring.
      It is mostly abused by hit and run builds. have you fought a blight staff? all they do is march off screen, run up to you hit you with 1 normal attack with mage cowl and thetford cape and run away. if you somehow catch up with them, say you have soldier boots, they often use mage robe/ robe of purity to escape further. Royal boots has much shorter cooldown than soldier boots, actually it even has shorter cooldown than regular run.

It can be interrupted, but it really isn't that slow where you can react fast enough to get in range to interrupt them reliably. Say you interrupt them after 2 seconds of marching, they still get the movement speed buff. Also, blight staffs can use their E in the middle of a fight and it makes their march uninterruptable.

It is a good change, but instead of buffing the mobility aspect of the boots (which were previously never used), why don't they buff the defensive aspect of it? The balance in corrupted is really based on mobility. It's the best mobility boots in the game right now, it gives the highest range of distance travelled while active, while having the shortest cooldown.
    • Sounds like instead of nerfing the boots, which were historically the worst item in the game, they should rework other items. Having CD ruin an item for the rest of the game is pretty dumb, especially when most of this game is not centered around 1v1 gameplay. I have no problem with hit and run builds, not because i can beat them all the time, but because its a valid fighting tactic. get you some cabbage soup and run the opposite direction and reset too.

If running is such a problem in CD and you just want to duke it out, they should drop both combatants into the empty end boss room and put up firewalls at the exits so you have to fight. Change the dynamic of the corrupted dungeon if its such a problem and don't ruin gear for everything else

Also the movement speed buff scales on how far they've marched, so they could end up with 10% speed up tp 90% depending on how fast you interrupt them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MagusAdept ().

• MagusAdept wrote:

Sounds like instead of nerfing the boots, which were historically the worst item in the game, they should rework other items. Having CD ruin an item for the rest of the game is pretty dumb, especially when most of this game is not centered around 1v1 gameplay. I have no problem with hit and run builds, not because i can beat them all the time, but because its a valid fighting tactic. get you some cabbage soup and run the opposite direction and reset too.

If running is such a problem in CD and you just want to duke it out, they should drop both combatants into the empty end boss room and put up firewalls at the exits so you have to fight. Change the dynamic of the corrupted dungeon if its such a problem and don't ruin gear for everything else

Also the movement speed buff scales on how far they've marched, so they could end up with 10% speed up tp 90% depending on how fast you interrupt them.
      there are plenty kiting builds that actually rely on some skill. warbow, frost. this thing doesn't require much skill at all. Also, i just invaded a blight staff royal boots user just now. you know what happened? I was wearing mage robe, which is the only item i thought of to counter the thing. he was marching off screen and as soon as he inspected me, he turned tail and started breaking crystals. i couldn't catch up at all with regular run. So yeah, they could do this. They can just pick who they choose to fight. Don't make it sound like this current meta isn't a problem.

let me ask you, where is royal boots used at besides corrupted dungeon? maybe some open world ganking if at all. That's it. Do they use it in zvz? nope.
    • Yet. I'm gonna use in zvz, because as soon as the shotcaller starts the countdown, I can start the march, then knight helm my way through with added defense, drop my E and dip. Its not in ZvZ yet, because ZvZ "can" take time to change meta. It'd go great with great axe, and im sure there are other builds that would benefit. there are 190ish+ items in the game, and you are booing because one of the ones that wasn't top 20 is now in the limelight. Adapt. Ask for change in CD, not the item, any nerf will put these boots right back were they were
    • MagusAdept wrote:

Yet. I'm gonna use in zvz, because as soon as the shotcaller starts the countdown, I can start the march, then knight helm my way through with added defense, drop my E and dip. Its not in ZvZ yet, because ZvZ "can" take time to change meta. It'd go great with great axe, and im sure there are other builds that would benefit. there are 190ish+ items in the game, and you are booing because one of the ones that wasn't top 20 is now in the limelight. Adapt. Ask for change in CD, not the item, any nerf will put these boots right back were they were
      That is exactly what they want, people that have invested in the ZvZ meta in order to be able to get away with 1200ip wearing t4 gear don't want another item to come forward because it will make them either invest in grinding fame for it or (the horror) go ahead and buy a flat t7 to be able to reach 1200ip.

(Then 1400 ip with t8 armies come along and stomp them but hey they get that 100k back in guild re-arm, but that is another story...)
    • MagusAdept wrote:

Yet. I'm gonna use in zvz, because as soon as the shotcaller starts the countdown, I can start the march, then knight helm my way through with added defense, drop my E and dip. Its not in ZvZ yet, because ZvZ "can" take time to change meta. It'd go great with great axe, and im sure there are other builds that would benefit. there are 190ish+ items in the game, and you are booing because one of the ones that wasn't top 20 is now in the limelight. Adapt. Ask for change in CD, not the item, any nerf will put these boots right back were they were
      update: so after losing so much to builds with royal boots, i finally gave in and tried it myself. The biggest problem with it, is that people use it off screen. In my case, I use a glaive, typical fling into impaler combo. This kills the fun of 1 v 1 in my opinion. The option to inspect your opponent and switch skills accordingly doesn't happen anymore. As soon as i saw a name tag, i built up my q2 stacks to 2, march off screen, max my q stacks, run up to them, poison, do combo. The person i fought was left with like 30 hp. And of course, they weren't able to run cause the cooldown of royal boots is ridiculously short.

you can say that any build with a purge could counter it. So let me ask you a question, how do you deal with a double merc regular bow with royal boots? youre gonna waste your purge (45 sec for mage robe or 40 sec cooldown for fiend cowl) on a 30 second cooldown boots(20 seconds after active run time btw). How are you gonna deal with the following merc jackets? you can't kite it out. their boots has lower cooldown than your purges. Not to mention, the aggressor who marches offscreen always has the advantage because at the time that they get close to you, they have their resistances up.

The only build i can think of that could possibly deal with this are frost builds, and that's assuming the opponent that marched off screen is dumb enough not to bait your E when he charges.

This item is overpowered, that's why everyone is using it. I honestly don't know how to fix it, other than making the cooldown 1 minute.

The post was edited 1 time, last by touchmenot ().

• These boots are pure trash and a complete failure of the QA testing team. There is no "examining" your opponent and switching skills accordingly. Everything is a mass all-in and you are screwed.

Broadsword is the WORST offender. 3 stack prestack + iron will + boots = practically a 200% speed increase and they can easily catch someone who wasnt even on the same screen as them.
    • Painball wrote:

These boots are pure trash and a complete failure of the QA testing team. There is no "examining" your opponent and switching skills accordingly. Everything is a mass all-in and you are screwed.

Broadsword is the WORST offender. 3 stack prestack + iron will + boots = practically a 200% speed increase and they can easily catch someone who wasnt even on the same screen as them.
      that's what i've been saying. But for some reason, some people here are disagreeing. I fought a broadsword just now with royal boots. He only killed the minibosses on his map, so when invaded, he had tons of mobs to prestack on. Mind you i use spear, so i have cripple. I should be able to reset, just cripple his boots, run away, and when im out of range of his fiend cowl, i use regular run. but he still catches up cause of the stupid cooldown and distance covered of royal boots.