Re: Spear cripple

• Re: Spear cripple

Sure, it's really even not fun to say, that sword is stronger than a spear.

2\3 swords stacks will be purged, never mind if sword pressed W. So, no damage, no speed. Spear just kiting sword as a mob end kill it.
      But the thing is in global Albion balance. I agree with you, that it is just a stupid joke to allow such gameplay in MMO\RPG, when some new player with 30-40k PVP+PVE fame in sum kills experienced, full specks opponent without chances.

But welcome to Albion Online. It is retroman's balance.
      And I'm afraid, that it is not an accident. SBI needs to make newbies happy. If the newbie is happy - he will buy premium and possibly even skin for his horse.
      SBI doesn't need to make us happy. Because we already did it. So newbie should fill, that he is a PVP-monster in this game. That's why we have such a trash balance, I think. The only thing, I can't understand - why SBI continues to call Albion a "hardcore"-game?

In such conditions sword should have a hard counter as badon bow and keeper helm(cleric robe, helm), pike -> soldier helm, Assasin jacket , etc.
      In case of sword - it's pretty ok, when your counter-pick is a weapon, but not a robe, any second player can equip with different weapons.

If sword will not have such a hard counter - it will become another piece of abusers sh*t as holy, frost, quarterstaff, or tomb.

Albion is not about real balance, bro. It's about amateurs and money.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WTF_Is_Going_On ().

• Against a spear on cripple just use splitting smash and E off cooldown and kite. Without impaler your outrange them and outdamage them if they can't build up stacks.
      Play the matchup enough times and it's really fun for both players to outpoke and out space each other.

Not sure why your still whining, game balancing is great. It seems your to new to understand matchup nuances so maybe there is some skill involved after all.

I can't understand the rest of your post since the logic makes no sense and your referencing items that don't exist. I'll assume thats a language barrier thing and can't really blame you for that.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • Hasn´t cripple been bugged for months anyway ?

It started having the damage increase(25% all dmg for 5 seconds), but there was never any note of cripple being buffed by x dmg increase.
      Fun fact, 25% dmg for 5 seconds have adrenaline boost on axes, yet this somewhat was added to cripple - and there were never any notes of that being added.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Borbarad wrote:

Hasn´t cripple been bugged for months anyway ?

It started having the damage increase(25% all dmg for 5 seconds), but there was never any note of cripple being buffed by x dmg increase.
      Fun fact, 25% dmg for 5 seconds have adrenaline boost on axes, yet this somewhat was added to cripple - and there were never any notes of that being added.
      Never heard of this. Never heard any spear players mention it.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • Zentiic wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Hasn´t cripple been bugged for months anyway ?

Never heard of this. Never heard any spear players mention it.
      of course,why would spear players mention it lul, they like it

wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Cripple

Makes a crippling attack. Deals 352 damage. and slows by 15% for 8.3s. If the target has a move speed buff active, the buff will be removed and your own move speed increases by 50% for 5s.

no mention of dmg increase.

slow,dmg,mobility,purge,dmg increase on one w? A bit sus
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7