Traders Gear Setup

• Traders Gear Setup

Does anyone have an idea of what type of gears (armor, weapon, equipment) would be best for traders in terms of travelling light and safe (even in red zones).
      If possible, is there any weapon that can be used while on a mount???
      Also, any tips that can be helpful to traders???

Would really appreciate the effort.
    • WildSaintX wrote:

Does anyone have an idea of what type of gears (armor, weapon, equipment) would be best for traders in terms of travelling light and safe (even in red zones).

There is no term for "traders" in albion, if you wanna be "safe" against gankers on red zone you may want to search "skip set albion online" on youtube or something like that
    • "There is always a bigger fish"

I do a bit of trade in Albion. I did a lot more in Eve Online and I find a lot of the core principles work. I won't talk about Black Zone trade as I've never been there and I'm not sure if there is any. On the Royal Continent you can do a trade round of the the whole island in the blue zone, yellow is a bit faster but you can get knocked out and get a repair bill. Given your cargo is safe it doesn't take very long.

The only time you need to enter the Red zone on trade is to go in and out of Caerleon. If it was me I'd go butt naked, fast expendable mount and consider splitting the cargo into multiple runs so you don't have all your eggs in one basket. Pick a time of day when it's quiet. Of course, this extra logistics will cut into your time / profit ratio. You could also get a friend to scout ahead of you. Nothing is fullproof though.
    • HIDKstr wrote:

WildSaintX wrote:

There is no term for "traders" in albion, if you wanna be "safe" against gankers on red zone you may want to search "skip set albion online" on youtube or something like that
      ur a nasty boi. Recommending him what will kill him :D

And here i was wondering why i saw so many people in open world transporting with assassin jacket, spear, and specter shoes.
      Now i dont know who told them to use it, but i always appreciated it - as those were the easiest targets to kill lol.

Either way, for transporting : dual swords / double bladed ( both preferably ). Double bladed for distance covered, dual swords for immunity to purges if you are close to exit so u can pop it along with miner boots.
      Miner cap is very strong, knight helm is good near exit against graveguard armors and fiend robes, again with dual swords.
      Gathering chest is best for escaping, but if your gathering tier isn´t high, just a simple guardian armor is always a good option just cause armor.
      Pork omelette is excelent if you get dismounted.
      Invis pots of course are a must.
      Res pot if near exit.
      Undead cape / fort sterling cape. I prefer undead cape myself.

Ur welcome.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• The armor you wear is still active and has an effect on your mounts health. You should wear a Fort Sterling cape. Guardian Helmet+Chestpiece and Miner Boots as a last resort if you get dismounted.
      1h Mace can create the most distance if you can't walk after your Miner Boots ran out and you aren't able to remount yet.

Also get your reputation to 10k for the bonuses.

If you are overweight and dismounted you are most likely dead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Meromi ().

• Based on all that has been said so far, I think we all do have a point on what equipment to wear and use but at the same time, conditions in place and scenarios would play a major role in deciding whether you survive or not. Like being overweight, running out of skill etc. The safest option would probably be travelling naked/minimal equipment with low materials to be sold and a donkey all through and then take the run multiple times. Still not sure but I see all opinion to be valid but flawed at the same time.
    • Borbarad wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

WildSaintX wrote:

ur a nasty boi. Recommending him what will kill him :D
      And here i was wondering why i saw so many people in open world transporting with assassin jacket, spear, and specter shoes.
      Now i dont know who told them to use it, but i always appreciated it - as those were the easiest targets to kill lol.

Either way, for transporting : dual swords / double bladed ( both preferably ). Double bladed for distance covered, dual swords for immunity to purges if you are close to exit so u can pop it along with miner boots.
      Miner cap is very strong, knight helm is good near exit against graveguard armors and fiend robes, again with dual swords.
      Gathering chest is best for escaping, but if your gathering tier isn´t high, just a simple guardian armor is always a good option just cause armor.
      Pork omelette is excelent if you get dismounted.
      Invis pots of course are a must.
      Res pot if near exit.
      Undead cape / fort sterling cape. I prefer undead cape myself.

Ur welcome.
      Who the hell uses specter shoes, and YT isn't the only plataform, in-game you can ask for better builds too... i didn't name any build.