Dual Sword and Description Errors

• User Interface
    • Dual Sword and Description Errors

A couple of things I've noticed since playing dual swords.

1. Parry Strike description says it CAN'T BE INTERRUPTED. I have, on several occasions, gotten the "Interrupted" message when attempting to use parry strike.

2. IDK what happened during the balance patch, buy now my E animation is slower, which makes it easier to read, which makes it easier to interrupt. I thought the balance was supposed make the E harder to interrupt?
      Also since the patch; When I aim in front of me the E hits behind me. This may be latency issues on my end, but I don't lag really and it's only been happening since the patch.
      Also... When I use the E sometimes the animation will go, but no damage and not on CD, but I can't stop the animation so I'm completely vulnerable while doing no dmg.
      It's like it has a stutter to it now.
      EDIT** I Just noticed while I'm a dungeon, the animation will go, but no damage, no CD, but it still takes my MP.

3. I noticed I do about 800 damage with a minor poison on a T7 mob. Ticking at 126 per sec .
      The item description says 142 TRUE DAMAGE. Meaning it should be 142 FLAT on a mob no matter what.
      Also, it says "142 OVER 6s" which literally means "142 TOTAL in 6s" and NOT"126 dmg every sec"
      It makes me wonder if also some DOT damage skills have this same description error.

Lastly, not as important as the rest;
      The Dual swords E and how I think it should work.
      Instead of slamming sword into the ground like a BLUNT or Large weapon, with a slow animation...
      How about for each Heroic Charge the user can dash while spinning horizontally 360 towards targeted direction pressing E for each Heroic Charge used.
      The user can only dash again if they hit an enemy otherwise the skill goes on CD no matter how many hero charges, that way it can't be abused to escape.
      If the first charge lands, then the 2nd one gets a dmg boost and then if the 2nd charge lands the 3rd gets a boost as well.

Or maybe just one or two spins that are boosted based off charges. If multiple charges; shorten the dash range to about 7m. This style makes it easier to effectively move through groups of people like dual swords should be doing.
      The current E is too Slow and the animation leaves them trapped a lot... Not very Agile or dextrous...Like dual swords should be.
      They should be able to strike and immediately retaliate.

The post was edited 3 times, last by RelentlessAbyss ().

• RelentlessAbyss wrote:

3. I noticed I do about 800 damage with a minor poison on a T7 mob. Ticking at 126 per sec .
      The item description says 142 TRUE DAMAGE. Meaning it should be 142 FLAT on a mob no matter what.
      Also, it says "142 OVER 6s" which literally means "142 TOTAL in 6s" and NOT"126 dmg every sec"
      It makes me wonder if also some DOT damage skills have this same description error.
      Poison potions are affected by increase damage effects.

This includes the REAVER nodes when used on mobs. (the damage will be even higher on T8 mobs, just test it)
    • After doing the math several ways it comes close to what I am seeing. The damage I'm seeing is a bit higher than calculations, but there may be some hidden values that aren't expressed fully for the sake of simplicity.

EDIT** I went a head and accounted for my 15% mastery modifier just in case... and it filled in the missing gaps of damage. It's nice to know how much Mastery mod affects things.

I am not complaining about the damage, I just would like to see clearer descriptions other wise what's the point of having the text in the game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by RelentlessAbyss ().

• With this new patch I have noticed some Dual Swords bugs that didn't exist before.

Firstly, our spinning blades (E) spell seems to bug out like 10% of the time when you are hitting multiple targets. I thankfully haven't experienced this in PvP yet, but when using it on mobs there are occasions where the mobs are clearly well in the circle of the spinning blades spell (E) and they take no damage. I have not observed this prior to this patch, (except for when the game had just been released).

Secondly, there seems to be some sort of "line of sight" mechanic to the E spell (possibly meant to prevent you from being able to damage players through walls?), but since dual swords have always landed in the centre of the circle, it'd be very difficult to break their LOS and still be in the circle. But now that you land on the EDGE of their spinning blades circle instead of the centre, it can happen where the player or mob won't take damage because they are running around a corner, and they broke LOS of your character (but are still in your circle).