Did you consider extending adventure challenge to crafters?

    • Did you consider extending adventure challenge to crafters?

      I mean, those are people with active premium accounts, shouldn't they be able to occasionally get a mount and whatnot?
      I get that crafting can be seen as safer and easier than pve and gathering but would it really ruin the economy if crafters could get it as well. That would be nice.
    • Yes it's this challenge and yes you will ruin the economy.
      I have 11 alts, some have 60, average is 2, everyone gonna get all rewards such as mount, runes, decoration , and fame AND TOME OF PERSPICACITY.
      So basically, if you have money you will be able to snowball so much that new players won't be able to farm their premium easily while playing normaly ( PVE, PVP, ARENA, donkey race ....).
      Arguably, it should count in the keys for guild season with a limit cause yes crafting is an aspect of the game and if you are the best crafters then you could be eligible to get some spotlights.

      So no thank for adventure challenge but yes for season points.
    • liriose wrote:

      Yes it's this challenge and yes you will ruin the economy.
      I have 11 alts, some have 60, average is 2, everyone gonna get all rewards such as mount, runes, decoration , and fame AND TOME OF PERSPICACITY.
      So basically, if you have money you will be able to snowball so much that new players won't be able to farm their premium easily while playing normaly ( PVE, PVP, ARENA, donkey race ....).
      Arguably, it should count in the keys for guild season with a limit cause yes crafting is an aspect of the game and if you are the best crafters then you could be eligible to get some spotlights.

      So no thank for adventure challenge but yes for season points.
      Remember that alts already have an impact on the economy and it's supposedly fine because you are paying for it with real money (or someone is and you are buying their gold).
      So "people are having alts" shouldn't be an argument since this argument could be made for anything, like focus, islands etc. That's like not giving focus to people who are not doing pve or gathering because alts will flood the market with cheap resources.

      The argument should be "if you are a crafter in this game you are not eligible for adventure challenges and vanity rewards". There are people who are not doing anything else but crafting, why should they be deprived of monthly rewards exactly? Remember that crafter alts probably spend just as much time updating orders and moving stuff as pve alts, so someone is actually playing the game it's not "free stuff out of nowhere".

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Xwave ().

    • I have only one alt that I am buying premium for and today I realized that I still don't have the monthly mount on it. Still need 150k keys, luckily we still have 3 days left from the month.

      Now people either spend 15 minutes to farm 1200 keys in a dungeon, or they don't get the monthly mount.

      If someone has 30 alts, doing the same routine they don't get the mount. If they change it like you say, there will be 30 extra mount in the game for the same work.

      To make that happen now, the dude should have to spend 30 * 15 * 12 = 5400 minutes = 90 hours a month...
    • Malkalma wrote:

      I have only one alt that I am buying premium for and today I realized that I still don't have the monthly mount on it. Still need 150k keys, luckily we still have 3 days left from the month.

      Now people either spend 15 minutes to farm 1200 keys in a dungeon, or they don't get the monthly mount.

      If someone has 30 alts, doing the same routine they don't get the mount. If they change it like you say, there will be 30 extra mount in the game for the same work.

      To make that happen now, the dude should have to spend 30 * 15 * 12 = 5400 minutes = 90 hours a month...
      I know, but your 30 alts also give you 300 000 focus per day, right? 300 000 focus at 100 silver per focus is 30 millions per day. Mount will give you like extra 30k per day per alt which is an extra million and it is nothing compared to how much you are already getting.

      The current system is unfair to crafters who mostly just do crafting because they are also not getting their mounts.
      Not giving legitimate players rewards because of alts doesn't seem like a good system.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Xwave ().

    • Xwave wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      I have only one alt that I am buying premium for and today I realized that I still don't have the monthly mount on it. Still need 150k keys, luckily we still have 3 days left from the month.

      Now people either spend 15 minutes to farm 1200 keys in a dungeon, or they don't get the monthly mount.

      If someone has 30 alts, doing the same routine they don't get the mount. If they change it like you say, there will be 30 extra mount in the game for the same work.

      To make that happen now, the dude should have to spend 30 * 15 * 12 = 5400 minutes = 90 hours a month...
      I know, but your 30 alts also give you 300 000 focus per day, right? 300 000 focus at 100 silver per focus is 30 millions per day. Mount will give you like extra 30k per day per alt which is an extra million and it is nothing compared to how much you are already getting.
      The current system is unfair to crafters who mostly just do crafting because they are also not getting their mounts.
      Not giving legitimate players rewards because of alts doesn't seem like a good system.
      This system is against people with multiple alts and not the crafters.

      A crafter can spend 15 minutes of his time to farm t4 solo dungeon for the mount...
    • Malkalma wrote:

      Xwave wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      I have only one alt that I am buying premium for and today I realized that I still don't have the monthly mount on it. Still need 150k keys, luckily we still have 3 days left from the month.

      Now people either spend 15 minutes to farm 1200 keys in a dungeon, or they don't get the monthly mount.

      If someone has 30 alts, doing the same routine they don't get the mount. If they change it like you say, there will be 30 extra mount in the game for the same work.

      To make that happen now, the dude should have to spend 30 * 15 * 12 = 5400 minutes = 90 hours a month...
      I know, but your 30 alts also give you 300 000 focus per day, right? 300 000 focus at 100 silver per focus is 30 millions per day. Mount will give you like extra 30k per day per alt which is an extra million and it is nothing compared to how much you are already getting.The current system is unfair to crafters who mostly just do crafting because they are also not getting their mounts.
      Not giving legitimate players rewards because of alts doesn't seem like a good system.
      This system is against people with multiple alts and not the crafters.
      A crafter can spend 15 minutes of his time to farm t4 solo dungeon for the mount...
      Would you be fine if we forced you to grow crops for 15 minutes EVERY DAY to get one mount worth 800k PER MONTH while everyone else would get the same mount doing what they like?
    • If you are running alts with premium to only craft it is YOUR choice to not spend the time to get the points for challenger mount. If you have crafting alts then the 1mil mount is not going to worth your time now is it, especially since your crafting alts should be generating 1mil + a day.
    • noxmortus wrote:

      If you are running alts with premium to only craft it is YOUR choice to not spend the time to get the points for challenger mount. If you have crafting alts then the 1mil mount is not going to worth your time now is it, especially since your crafting alts should be generating 1mil + a day
      People run alts for multiple reasons, some have pvp alts dedicated to specific areas, some do labourers, some farm daily solo expeditions for signets, some scout etc

      My main point is that all in game activities should contribute towards adventurer challenge because there are people who enjoy doing those activities. Otherwise they are basically saying "FU" to crafters, as if crafting journey is not an ingame adventure.
    • Xwave wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      Xwave wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      I have only one alt that I am buying premium for and today I realized that I still don't have the monthly mount on it. Still need 150k keys, luckily we still have 3 days left from the month.

      Now people either spend 15 minutes to farm 1200 keys in a dungeon, or they don't get the monthly mount.

      If someone has 30 alts, doing the same routine they don't get the mount. If they change it like you say, there will be 30 extra mount in the game for the same work.

      To make that happen now, the dude should have to spend 30 * 15 * 12 = 5400 minutes = 90 hours a month...
      I know, but your 30 alts also give you 300 000 focus per day, right? 300 000 focus at 100 silver per focus is 30 millions per day. Mount will give you like extra 30k per day per alt which is an extra million and it is nothing compared to how much you are already getting.The current system is unfair to crafters who mostly just do crafting because they are also not getting their mounts.Not giving legitimate players rewards because of alts doesn't seem like a good system.
      This system is against people with multiple alts and not the crafters.A crafter can spend 15 minutes of his time to farm t4 solo dungeon for the mount...
      Would you be fine if we forced you to grow crops for 15 minutes EVERY DAY to get one mount worth 800k PER MONTH while everyone else would get the same mount doing what they like?
      If I want that mount, yes. If you want it, work for it.

      It is not needed to give people free mounts for crafting 30 t2 bags every 3rd days.

      Every activity that is counted towards the adventure takes time. Crafting does not.
    • Xwave wrote:

      noxmortus wrote:

      If you are running alts with premium to only craft it is YOUR choice to not spend the time to get the points for challenger mount. If you have crafting alts then the 1mil mount is not going to worth your time now is it, especially since your crafting alts should be generating 1mil + a day
      People run alts for multiple reasons, some have pvp alts dedicated to specific areas, some do labourers, some farm daily solo expeditions for signets, some scout etc
      My main point is that all in game activities should contribute towards adventurer challenge because there are people who enjoy doing those activities. Otherwise they are basically saying "FU" to crafters, as if crafting journey is not an ingame adventure.

      Scouting with an Alt is against TOS

      Crafting is too easy to generate fame, so it makes to not have this included with the challenge quest. Craft a few T8 items and you have the reward in seconds...that is not what the challenge is wanting to do.

      I still dont understand why you are crying about a 1mil mount when you're clearly running multiple crafting alts. You should be easily making enough silver that spending 1mil to buy a mount is not going to be noticeable
    • noxmortus wrote:



      Craft a few T8 items and you have the reward in seconds...that is not what the challenge is wanting to do.
      And harvesting around 9 fields with carrots for a daily reward in 5 minutes is what the challenge and the game wants right? :D
      As for the calculation, everything can be adjusted-even for crafting activity ..

      It occurs to me that more than a mount, Xwave player mind that, an activity called crafting is completely out of the challenge.
    • CassX wrote:

      noxmortus wrote:

      Craft a few T8 items and you have the reward in seconds...that is not what the challenge is wanting to do.
      And harvesting around 9 fields with carrots for a daily reward in 5 minutes is what the challenge and the game wants right? :D As for the calculation, everything can be adjusted-even for crafting activity ..

      It occurs to me that more than a mount, Xwave player mind that, an activity called crafting is completely out of the challenge.
      Pretty much. Most people seem to be missing the fact that an average albion player is getting the challenge completed while doing what they actually enjoy. Unlike a crafter.
      And yes, if you just buy mats to craft a t8 item and craft it every day you will loose massive amounts of silver that no mount will be able to compensate.

      P.s. scouting on an alt is not always against ToS if you are not running it on a second screen but rather log off your main, to log on your alt and see whats happening in a specific area.
    • CassX wrote:

      noxmortus wrote:

      Craft a few T8 items and you have the reward in seconds...that is not what the challenge is wanting to do.
      And harvesting around 9 fields with carrots for a daily reward in 5 minutes is what the challenge and the game wants right? :D As for the calculation, everything can be adjusted-even for crafting activity ..

      It occurs to me that more than a mount, Xwave player mind that, an activity called crafting is completely out of the challenge.
      5 minutes work VS 3 seconds work where you click on station, select the item and click on craft item.
    • Malkalma wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      noxmortus wrote:

      Craft a few T8 items and you have the reward in seconds...that is not what the challenge is wanting to do.
      And harvesting around 9 fields with carrots for a daily reward in 5 minutes is what the challenge and the game wants right? :D As for the calculation, everything can be adjusted-even for crafting activity ..
      It occurs to me that more than a mount, Xwave player mind that, an activity called crafting is completely out of the challenge.
      5 minutes work VS 3 seconds work where you click on station, select the item and click on craft item.
      As I wrote, the calculation needed fame in challenge can be calculated, so it doesn't have to be a "craft 1x t8 thing and fulfilled" .. So let's say 2 minutes vs 5 minutes, that's not such a big difference .. And both activities (so to speak) are related to economics, alt characters and both are in outside OW ..
      It is true that one click is enough for the craft and wait, the harvest must be done actively, but this is just a search for a reason why to omit the craft from the challenge ..
      Craft as well as harvesting is an activity like any other, so why should a player be left out of the challenge?
    • CassX wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      noxmortus wrote:

      Craft a few T8 items and you have the reward in seconds...that is not what the challenge is wanting to do.
      And harvesting around 9 fields with carrots for a daily reward in 5 minutes is what the challenge and the game wants right? :D As for the calculation, everything can be adjusted-even for crafting activity ..It occurs to me that more than a mount, Xwave player mind that, an activity called crafting is completely out of the challenge.
      5 minutes work VS 3 seconds work where you click on station, select the item and click on craft item.
      As I wrote, the calculation needed fame in challenge can be calculated, so it doesn't have to be a "craft 1x t8 thing and fulfilled" .. So let's say 2 minutes vs 5 minutes, that's not such a big difference .. And both activities (so to speak) are related to economics, alt characters and both are in outside OW ..It is true that one click is enough for the craft and wait, the harvest must be done actively, but this is just a search for a reason why to omit the craft from the challenge ..
      Craft as well as harvesting is an activity like any other, so why should a player be left out of the challenge?
      You are the one who is electing to be left out of the Challenge... You choose not to do activities that reward challenge points. It is a simple concept; annoying to you, but it is a deliberate choice by devs (same as refining for not rewarding), and frankly the right choice.