Forced PvP is a failure.

    • hopchis wrote:

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      Midgard wrote:

      hopchis wrote:

      But we can get reliable, non-biased data through, say, a platform like Steam which tracks users on their platform for various games. I can think of no reason why the numbers from those who access Albion through Steam wouldn't mirror the total numbers overall--it is a very convenient and large sample of the game population.
      This is seriously flawed. The are a HUGE amount of players who registered and played Albion waaaay before it ever became available on Steam. Using Steam a baramoter for overall numbers is a foolish concept as Steam is by no means a reliable guide to overall numbers.
      Or like me, I had Steam then decided to use the launcher, therefore I'm not in the Steam numbers anymore
      And I did exactly the same. I'm not in the Steam numbers either. That is entirely beside, and willfully ignoring the point. The point is we do not get reliable numbers from Albion. We don't get any numbers from Albion except for on the infrequent special occasion where they can be made to look flattering--just like with most all games. Further, Steam is a huge sample. I would bet real money, and do it comfortably, that the numbers from Steam mirror the overall numbers very well. I can think of no reason that ten thousand Steam players are going to feel and act uniquely different to the greater group of players to which they belong. To simply assert my reasoning is flawed is a pathetic and logically broken retort completely lacking any premise to lead to your desired conclusion. Dudes, if you want to effectively debate a point, the strongest argument you can make results from researching the opposing point of view rather than your own. Dwelling in your own echo chamber results in cringe-worthy arguments like referring to an Albion press release rather than seeking unbiased data. Try buying stocks where your only research is companies press releases and you will go broke faster than a weekend in Las Vegas with no self control. I will repeat, on this specific subtopic, I side with the success of Albion--as much as anybody. However, the facts are the facts.
      As always in these threads, when those arguing against a point I have made run out of actual thoughts and resort to stubbornly asserting an opposing view without any foundation--I'm out. Have fun circle jerking.
      Any data that is put forward is going to be heavily biased and not a true reflection of the player base; whether this is steam stats or otherwise.

      Given that the stats only highlight unique logins what they fail to display is unique IP logins. With the current F2P model it means that one player can have infinite alternate accounts. Whatever percentage of the server base is running multiple accounts inflates the actual player base numbers. This issue is further exaggerated with people creating multiple accounts to acquire the referral mounts. Again a failed reflection of the actual player base.
    • hopchis wrote:

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      Midgard wrote:

      hopchis wrote:

      But we can get reliable, non-biased data through, say, a platform like Steam which tracks users on their platform for various games. I can think of no reason why the numbers from those who access Albion through Steam wouldn't mirror the total numbers overall--it is a very convenient and large sample of the game population.
      This is seriously flawed. The are a HUGE amount of players who registered and played Albion waaaay before it ever became available on Steam. Using Steam a baramoter for overall numbers is a foolish concept as Steam is by no means a reliable guide to overall numbers.
      Or like me, I had Steam then decided to use the launcher, therefore I'm not in the Steam numbers anymore
      And I did exactly the same. I'm not in the Steam numbers either. That is entirely beside, and willfully ignoring the point. The point is we do not get reliable numbers from Albion. We don't get any numbers from Albion except for on the infrequent special occasion where they can be made to look flattering--just like with most all games. Further, Steam is a huge sample. I would bet real money, and do it comfortably, that the numbers from Steam mirror the overall numbers very well. I can think of no reason that ten thousand Steam players are going to feel and act uniquely different to the greater group of players to which they belong. To simply assert my reasoning is flawed is a pathetic and logically broken retort completely lacking any premise to lead to your desired conclusion. Dudes, if you want to effectively debate a point, the strongest argument you can make results from researching the opposing point of view rather than your own. Dwelling in your own echo chamber results in cringe-worthy arguments like referring to an Albion press release rather than seeking unbiased data. Try buying stocks where your only research is companies press releases and you will go broke faster than a weekend in Las Vegas with no self control. I will repeat, on this specific subtopic, I side with the success of Albion--as much as anybody. However, the facts are the facts.
      As always in these threads, when those arguing against a point I have made run out of actual thoughts and resort to stubbornly asserting an opposing view without any foundation--I'm out. Have fun circle jerking.
      Out of my circle back in the day no one used Steam (After Steam release)... and the ones that did converted to launcher later on. The numbers SBI gives are huge but the numbers Steam show, imo, are too small. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle
    • Again I have no problem with full loot pvp games. If you don't know what I'm after you haven't read my posts. And, for those who continue to say full loot pvp get over it or leave...solo/casual gamers outnumber the small niche of full loot pvp gankfest players, proven fact. There are quite a few full loot hard core games out there with better designs than albion....and the servers? are mostly empty....many have shut down...because there are not enough people to support them. Period. "If" every casual or solo gamer left the game you would soon be in another game on another message board because this one wouldn't last long.

      Now how about this time we find a balance to keep and increase the player base instead of reliving the mistakes of the past?

      We as players can compromise but the company has a fixed amount of income that must be met, if not, it's game over for everyone..
    • Taladome wrote:

      Now how about this time we find a balance to keep and increase the player base instead of reliving the mistakes of the past?
      Pretty sure thats the point they've reached. You just wont admit it though as the current game doesnt meet your personal approval
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • @Taladome, the problem is there is no discussion, you just want to be right.

      There is plenty of evidence here, and all around the forum, that gankers are actually VERY weak compared to how they were.

      The game is way harder for 'villains' and way more safe than it ever was.



      So, if you still believe the game should bow to you and be a theme park.... i'm sorry to say that most people here are just right, this game isn't for your taste.
    • @Taladome

      Why you should go t4 gear you ask.... because this game is about finding Solutions for your situation.

      Why are the gankers a good thing. Because everytime I go back from a Dungeon Run and I made profit and i went to the places that I can deal with and and evaded some Gankers... The only reason why it means something is becasue it was dangerous. There was an actual chance that actual human beings set a trap for me but I made it.

      You dont know whats going to happen in Albion and thats what makes it exciting.. its makes it so very frusttrating at times, but the Downs are Part of the Ups otherwise the Up-Moments are just a flat line xD

      I encourage you to take stuff as a challenge, this way even if shit happens its just another opportunity to learn or try something else.
      Have a Good Day!
    • noxmortus--not worth a reply.

      ImaDoki--should learn to read.


      Tired of repeating myself, as a solo mobile player, from tier 5 onward the only pve content available(of tier) is in HCE which you must group for, or in pvp zones. Tell me where I can wear my tier 8 gear and solo vs tier 8 mobs without going into a full loot pvp zone?

      Maybe you 'hard core pvpers' do not understand that pve presents it's own challenges. That many people enjoy the thrill of pve strategy. There is no strategy required wearing tier 8 gear in a tier 5 dungeon, you can face tank every mob without fear of death. The only challenge is going back in tier 8 gear to do group dungeons...Which weren't designed to be completed solo in the fist place.

      I do rz dungeons, but as a solo casual player it wastes alot of my time for no reason. I have to swap gear, swap mount, sit at a zone checking for gankers, zone into a dungeon and wait 90 seconds for the timer to reset, if someone comes in rinse and repeat until can claim a dungeon. Finish the dungeon, swap gear to zone out check for gankers again run to zone or rinse and repeat. All wasting my time and their time because as you said 'gankers have very little chance of success'. When all I was after was a more challenging pve encounter.

      Add some solo HCE's or higher tier solo expeditions with actual difficulty. This request is even unacceptable to you hard core pvpers? lol.

      You so called hard core pvpers will not accept the fact that there isn't a start to finish full loot pvp game without restrictions that meets your criteria and servers aren't empty...just not gonna happen, player base is too small to support it! Yet they keep trying and keep failing...The only way full pvp is successfully possible is via restrictions(which hard core pvpers will not accept) or via reputation and rank. MOBA's have been doing this successfully and making tons of money for more than 10 15 years, yet how many from start to finish full loot pvp mmo's have closed or servers empty after a year or two? Need a list? Yet all you got out of this post was (more restrictions on pvp, no more ganking) instead of the actual point.

      Point--->As a solo casual player, I find the pve content for my tier seriously lacking without being forced into full loot pvp zones.

      No need to reply I've made my point clear enough.
    • hey, also a solo mobile player, I did join a guild that does group content and is enjoyable when we can actually find fights, but that's besides the perspective I want to add to this "conversation". You said that you can afford to do the content you want, that's great, but "high-end" pve content are as follows; ava raid 20 man dungeons, hce, and world bosses. All are group content not intended for solo play, mobile users can access this content so you are not discouraged from going to the content. If you want to do T6-T-8 pve content, you can take measures to insure you have the upper hand in case of a fight happening, but should you be in a sour situation there are a TON of escape mechanics to give you a chance. Doing T8 pve as a solo player involves no brain power, it's the same from T2 to T8. If you have the reaver level to do the content, it takes more planning to respond to a hostile that then the pve. If you want you're "safe" pve so damn bad, make the mobs lethal, no more pvp in high end pve content, getting downed or a party wipe is more meaningful and the core loop of the economy is still somewhat in tact.
    • Taladome wrote:

      I do rz dungeons, but as a solo casual player it wastes alot of my time for no reason. I have to swap gear, swap mount, sit at a zone checking for gankers, zone into a dungeon and wait 90 seconds for the timer to reset, if someone comes in rinse and repeat until can claim a dungeon. Finish the dungeon, swap gear to zone out check for gankers again run to zone or rinse and repeat. All wasting my time and their time because as you said 'gankers have very little chance of success'. When all I was after was a more challenging pve encounter.
      All of this is your own choice to do. I don't wait 90 seconds in red/black zones, and I haven't been dived since dungeon closing was implemented. If you have the silver to cover everything for your tier, one or two deaths shouldn't matter to you if you really want to clear higher tier dungeons. If you do dungeons in a shitty t6/t7 blackzone you're even less likely to get dived.

      Join some random bz renter guild and don't play with them - that's free HO access in exchange for like, 15% silver tax. Safety from gankers.

      People don't realise that it's so easy to avoid pvp in this game if you don't want to do it. I don't think I've died openworld outside of a zvz in months.
      Arcane shill - 700/700
    • Fuhcew2 your entire post proved my point exactly. First, you joined a guild and grouped to be able to see content beyond what is available, that is not the definition of solo. Second, you said pve content from tier 2 to 8 is all the same. Even though that is technically not true...are you or are you not forced into full loot pvp zones to enjoy that content? And all of this soloing your doing in your best tier 8 armor wep and mount right? heh

      I had already said the solo exp are laughable, like two levels lower than they should be and stop at tier 5. I ask for higher, more difficult, more rewarding solo expeditions or solo HCEs and you attempt to disagree? *boggle*
    • Taladome wrote:



      Tired of repeating myself, as a solo mobile player, from tier 5 onward the only pve content available(of tier) is in HCE which you must group for, or in pvp zones. Tell me where I can wear my tier 8 gear and solo vs tier 8 mobs without going into a full loot pvp zone?
      You are too 'tied' to the idea of tier. Focus on difficulty.

      The game itself lacks diversity, so it doesn't matter if you do T5 or T8 regarding different mobs / layouts. It won't happen, they are the same.

      So, bring the best gear you can and SOLO GROUP DUNGEONS T5 instead of solo dungeons. It's actually quite hard, actually WAY harder than 8.3 solo maps.


      So yes, you can have an even harder experience against PvE without going to Full Loot PvP Zones. Even more, you can also buy T5 group maps to further increase the difficulty.



      But, again, this has already been stated in this thread before.

      I repeat myself, it's not that WE don't know how to read, you clearly just wants to be right.
    • Honestly, it’s just amazing how this thread is still going. Dude doesn’t like core mechanic and feature that is definitive for AO, and literally asks for full access to PvE without PvP, obviously too new to understand consequences.
      While other dudes imply that it’s not rly possible. First dude see that he didn’t, somehow, changed whole game concept with just few posts on forum, so it’s clear that other people can’t read. And he repeats, that he MAY like AO if devs turn it into the kind of game he usually plays. Other ppl AGAIN explain why it’s not a good idea…. And then cycle repeats with some slight variations. Just…. wow, it’s amazing, really.
      I wonder how long this “conversation” will last with the exact same pattern.
      @ImaDoki wish you patience man


      UPD: i might as well share my own experience - started as a duo with a friend, we went to ava roads on the second day with just T5 and 0specs. Got our first 2 kills (luckily they were newbies too) and first million in loot from ava dungeon. The same moment Premium was bought. We have a guild with only 2 of us, we fought outnumbered many times, and sometimes we were winning or at least getting away with loot. EACH of these encounters was thrilling and fun - no matter if it was winning 2v4 or loosing 2v1 or just getting rolled over by 10 ppl.

      But you was talking about solo experience (and seeing the way you talk i can understand why). Obviously i playing alone too. RL makes it impossible to always play together, we all adults with other responsibilities. So regarding solo pve - go to avalon, or black zone. I made my first 100 spec in weapon and plenty of money just by soloing avalonian chests. It’s kinda hard PvE wise, with extra complications like other chests farmers, gankers, and road blocks, + necessity to find a good spot and return home with loot. My favorite activity in AO actually.
      And i have DOZENS of little stories - about stupid gankers, about great timing on my mage robe that saved my live and left ppl chasing me with nothing, about escaping from like 20 ppl for twenty minutes straight (i died tho), about fun missplays, about finding an unlooted rich corpse and then running from 8.3 guys who left it in the first place. Dozens of them.
      And you literally asking for being robbed from this unique experience. And what’s MUCH worse you want to rob other players too.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Metteia ().

    • Taladome wrote:

      Fuhcew2 your entire post proved my point exactly. First, you joined a guild and grouped to be able to see content beyond what is available, that is not the definition of solo. Second, you said pve content from tier 2 to 8 is all the same. Even though that is technically not true...are you or are you not forced into full loot pvp zones to enjoy that content? And all of this soloing your doing in your best tier 8 armor wep and mount right? heh

      I had already said the solo exp are laughable, like two levels lower than they should be and stop at tier 5. I ask for higher, more difficult, more rewarding solo expeditions or solo HCEs and you attempt to disagree? *boggle*

      first, joined a new guild a month ago, before that I made 2 guilds for myself, and before that I was in an arch guild, so YEAH solo. Second, do I go in gucci gear to T8 zones, sometimes(?) I don't even understand why that's an issue, that is dependent on a person's personal economy, has nothing to do with whatever content you wanna do in the dangerous areas. Third and last but not least, if you want more meaningful SOLO content your S.O.L. buddy, it's just not in the development cycle and there are far more pressing issues than appealing to player's who don't want to engage with other players >.>
    • Skyrim is still an excellent solo game. Elder Scrolls Online is a multi-player online game with excellent solo content, the latest expansion even introduced NPC companions.

      Why play a game with a heavy focus on team work and PvP if you don't enjoy those things? Life is too short to play games you don't like, especially when there are so many games out there tailored to your tastes.
    • Taladome wrote:

      noxmortus--not worth a reply.

      ImaDoki--should learn to read.


      Tired of repeating myself, as a solo mobile player, from tier 5 onward the only pve content available(of tier) is in HCE which you must group for, or in pvp zones. Tell me where I can wear my tier 8 gear and solo vs tier 8 mobs without going into a full loot pvp zone?

      Maybe you 'hard core pvpers' do not understand that pve presents it's own challenges. That many people enjoy the thrill of pve strategy. There is no strategy required wearing tier 8 gear in a tier 5 dungeon, you can face tank every mob without fear of death. The only challenge is going back in tier 8 gear to do group dungeons...Which weren't designed to be completed solo in the fist place.

      I do rz dungeons, but as a solo casual player it wastes alot of my time for no reason. I have to swap gear, swap mount, sit at a zone checking for gankers, zone into a dungeon and wait 90 seconds for the timer to reset, if someone comes in rinse and repeat until can claim a dungeon. Finish the dungeon, swap gear to zone out check for gankers again run to zone or rinse and repeat. All wasting my time and their time because as you said 'gankers have very little chance of success'. When all I was after was a more challenging pve encounter.

      Add some solo HCE's or higher tier solo expeditions with actual difficulty. This request is even unacceptable to you hard core pvpers? lol.

      You so called hard core pvpers will not accept the fact that there isn't a start to finish full loot pvp game without restrictions that meets your criteria and servers aren't empty...just not gonna happen, player base is too small to support it! Yet they keep trying and keep failing...The only way full pvp is successfully possible is via restrictions(which hard core pvpers will not accept) or via reputation and rank. MOBA's have been doing this successfully and making tons of money for more than 10 15 years, yet how many from start to finish full loot pvp mmo's have closed or servers empty after a year or two? Need a list? Yet all you got out of this post was (more restrictions on pvp, no more ganking) instead of the actual point.

      Point--->As a solo casual player, I find the pve content for my tier seriously lacking without being forced into full loot pvp zones.

      No need to reply I've made my point clear enough.
      Honestly, i've got like 4 friends playing the game (3 new, 1 did play so lets ignore him)

      all 3 of them are tier 8 without ever leaving a yellow zone.
      the selling point of albion was always being full loot pvp, there's no need to change that. forced PVP is needed for such.

      It is a fact that gathering requires you to go to reds and black zones for sure, but i can't see why you should be rewarded for not risking anything at this type of game.

      Im not gonna say HCE's are a mistake, i quite enjoy them on my "i wanna do something different time" and they work because they are group dungeons. if you want fame similar go play corrupteds and just break crystals if someone invades you.

      saying pve has its own challanges is only half true, aside from HCE's, Raid zones and .2 .3 dungeons the game is pretty as easy as it gets pve wise.

      and about the playerbase not sure how 120k players isn't enough.

      Source: albiononline.com/en/news/population-update-september-2020
      With Best Regards

      Nuno "SilentNJ" Jesus