Forced PvP is a failure.

• I don't blame the new players for complaining about the type of game this is. Full loot PvP is a niche for RPGs. I do take issue with players that barely have gotten started in Albion trying to change it into something else.

Tons of mobile gamers started playing the game and they want to continue to progress beyond safe zone content. The issue is, these mobile gamers have a distorted view about what Albion is. Albion isn't a linear RPG. The game isn't really about saving up enough to buy 1 set of 8.3 MP gear and being the biggest badass. This game isn't about safely farming anything worthwhile. If you want to earn millions, you are going to have to contend with other players.

If not for the Forced PvP, you could realistically blow through the limited amount of PvE content very quickly. Attempting 8.3 Avalonian Dungeons is probably the height of PvE, but it requires a significant risk of gear (mitigated by scouts and other mechanics). The payoff for taking that risk is insanely efficient PvE fame as well as a really rewarding loot table. If forced PvP didn't exist, nearly everyone would be doing these Avalonian dungeons exclusively and finish the progression of their characters very quickly.

The game, for many, is about winning more than you lose. It's about taking risks and seeking rewards. Like several other players in this thread, I could afford to lose 8.3 sets, but you wouldn't see me in 8.3 for most of the content I do. If you look at my deaths for the last month or so, you'd probably think I was a philanthropist with how much loot I donate every day. However, I pull in just as much as I lose in the long run.

In Albion, your budget for gear is likely whatever you can afford to replace 10 or 20 times or more. Your gear isn't meant to be something permanent, but rather closer to how other RPGs treat consumables like ammunition.

Veteran players will lose multiple sets worth millions of silver every day for months on end. That is Albion. Because sometimes you are the winner and haul out some juicy loot and sometimes you are the loser that stares at the black screen.

If that doesn't work for you, just save yourself the trouble and move to a different game.
    • Because everyone "pro players" likes to talk bullshit and talk like everyone that dont wanna pvp are noobs, i agree on Gankers should have more penalty when they turn on PK in Red Zones,

They go on pk mode with partys of 20 ppl using t4 ganker set just because there is no penalty, they lose nothing so that bullshit about more risk = more rewards is a lie.

Gankers do what they want because the game is like that with 0 risk for rats High risk for normal players, so anyone that wanna do transport with maximum risk have to deal with this. 0 RISK (Gankers on t4) vs Maximum risk player doing transport for colaborate with the economy on black market system...

My sugestion is:
      - PK ON = -20% def & -20% atack
      - PK can be marked on map when they apear on the mini-map of other players for 2 secs.

So you wanna PK takes this penalty and if you dont like go to Black Maps with 0 penalty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrDaS ().

• T4 ganking exists to allow people who can not afford better gear to gain fighting experience?
      Are you serious? No other way to get fighting experience?

Remember everytime someone uses the word ganking what the word itself means. The only real pvp content a solo player has in this game is ganking? solo player...ganking, get real

JCPMP Players like me who would eventually leave for WoW? You know me? or have any clue what I or someone else would do? Please. Your acting as if I said pvp is bad, do away with pvp, which I am not. There is a difference between your so called hard core pvp and ganking.

Remember this large insurge of new users are from the mobile version and I will say it again one last time. Any game that forces you into pvp to explore pve the content created will ultimately fail, especially on a mobile platform. If and I say if the developers of this game created it and maintain it strictly for this hard core pvp population that supports ganking....well... just take a look at the games that tried before and where are they now.

There are better mobile pvp options available via MOBAs that require skill, why play in an open world rpg for pvp that promotes ganking? You compare it to life yet if you and five other people went and killed a farmer what would your punishment be? Prison? Death sentence? Back at it the next day?
      I would honestly like to see some of these people irl that support ganking, it would explain alot I am sure.

As for gatherers not being ganked destroying the economy....The economy in this game is far from realistic , pretty much broken, and controlled by a select few, those "rare" resources are controlled by the server when and where they spawn, no more, no less. Basic resource prices would drop a bit but thats how economics works.

I support pvp, I feel that there is a good platform here to build on but forcing pvp on players wishing to continue pve content is not the answer as long as you support and promote ganking. It's not risk vs reward, it's a total loss. How? Players do quit, you say who cares? but unless the player base is enough to support the game, no game for you either. Total loss.
    • Taladome wrote:

but unless the player base is enough to support the game, no game for you either
      The player base is thriving, as is the game, as a full loot PvP MMO. The sanitisation of pvp, the removal of risk, and the attempts to dumb it down to a 'fair' system that you suggest would ultimately destroy the game. I think you underestimate how many players are here because of the exact same things that you want to remove.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Taladome wrote:

Remember this large insurge of new users are from the mobile version and I will say it again one last time. Any game that forces you into pvp to explore pve the content created will ultimately fail, especially on a mobile platform.
      High end pve content is HCE. No pvp involved there.

I won't comment on other stuff since you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Go a t8 black zone, try ganking in t4 and let me know how it goes.
    • I really don't understand the prevalence of this "10+ tier 4 red ganker" trope.

In my experience, gankers bring an economical set, but rarely something with as little power as flat 4. Also, 10 players in a gank party is not really that sustainable since they are likely going to head to dreaded if they are successful killing players.

Additionally, a group of 10 flat 4 gankers would get completely mopped by nearly any faction group, hellgate team, or any sized police force. It just isn't as big of a problem as the comments seem to suggest.

Also, blue police in flat 4 sets are much more of a real issue for red gankers because they often bring a lot of catch and are high rep. This means the reds have to kill them or risk being swarmed by others blues. Killing a flat 4 blue police and losing 1k rep is kinda bullshit.

I think the players that think reds are too powerful right now might be confusing a few instances where they personally lost gear to the reds with that somehow being the norm.
      Either way, as a red flagged solo-small group pvper, I can tell you that it isn't easy to find a target, dismount, kill, loot, and escape. You constantly have to run from blues, factions, and even other reds.

And one last thought. If you watch the best gankers and view what they are able to do as the norm, you need to get real. These guys hauling in mammoths and shit are the top 1% of gankers.
    • OP just do the yz faction stuff- no gear loss, just repair. You get to be in some big fights, no party needed just follow blob. Trade in your points for iron chests, you get some good loot/books and ingredients to go past T5. This will probably be the best highest iq advice you get so you should pay attention.
    • The first line of my post states solo content, You do HCEs solo? There are tons of open world mobs and dungeons I could do solo but to do so forces me into pvp, not sure how much clearer I can explain it to you.

Let me get this straight since a few have come out of the woodworks. Your saying that you and all the other so called hard core pvpers would leave the game if the company actually did away with ganking all together? If they removed the ability or severly punished those who grouped together to attack an unsuspecting and unprepared non pvp flagged player for loot and fun...If they made dungeons disappear 5 seconds after entering or if silver dropped in red zones like yellow zones and restricted full loot to black zones, you would leave the game right? Let me see you say the words.
    • Shalako Thx I was hoping to get into that later, for now I mostly enjoy exploring or doing a few dungeon runs when I have time, whatever my time permits. Doing the same dungeons in the same zones gets old really fast. Some of the red zone dungeons are a bit different which I enjoy, its just the added time and prep required because of the needless ganking makes it too frustrating when you have limited time to begin with. Solo content is extremely limited.
    • If full loot is removed from red zones, I will stop playing the game. I do not think you should have access to higher tier content without putting yourself at risk.

I think the risk is required for the gear to have any value. Do you wonder why people still craft and gather mid tier items even after they hit t8? Its because of the design of the game.

Ganking high and low tier players makes high and low tier gear valuable. Look at the extreme, if you could do all content in the game without dying, you would only need to buy 1 of each of your sets. The gear you get receive as a reward for dungeoning or even gathering wouldn't be worth anything to anyone since they would all be max geared.

You have very little idea about how this game is designed and what the developers did a really good fucking job on. You are basically asking for the cornerstone of the game to be removed because your first 2 weeks on the game showed you that that full loot PvP wasn't worth it for you.

Carebears/yellow zone warriors want their gear to be meaningful, but don't realize that the value of the gear comes from having to replace the gear. You can swipe and buy full 8.3 for like 10 bucks or something. If you never die, you would never buy gear again. If the playerbase became more like you, there wouldn't be any market to sell low or even mid tier gear to.
    • Taladome wrote:

The first line of my post states solo content, You do HCEs solo? There are tons of open world mobs and dungeons I could do solo but to do so forces me into pvp, not sure how much clearer I can explain it to you.

Let me get this straight since a few have come out of the woodworks. Your saying that you and all the other so called hard core pvpers would leave the game if the company actually did away with ganking all together? If they removed the ability or severly punished those who grouped together to attack an unsuspecting and unprepared non pvp flagged player for loot and fun...If they made dungeons disappear 5 seconds after entering or if silver dropped in red zones like yellow zones and restricted full loot to black zones, you would leave the game right? Let me see you say the words.
      Yeah, I'd leave the game, with majority of the playerbase.
      It would be basically changing the main concept of the game.
    • The author is just confused he is playing a full loot pvp game when it is advertised as one... And even then open world PvP was already made much more friendly to PvErs.

This is what make Albion, the full loot PvP danger and excitement of either get kill or to kill and the economy related to that.

You can do only PvE if you're prepared and cautious. Black Zones and Red Zones aren't that dangerous. Sometimes there is little you can do to escape but it's very rare.
    • Let´s be real.... PvP Focus is not really the problem.
      The problems are for example the 1on1/2on2 situations (hellgate, corrupted) which are getting unbalanced pretty quickly.

Even if you take that aside, allmost every weapon, equipment etc. has at least 5+ counters.
      So the games combat is more about RNG than SKILL unless there is no global CD to certain skills.
      Skills are getting nerfed/buffed to hell, but skills themselves are not the real problem to me.
      It allmost feels like playing a korean mmo using some kind of upgrade system.

Regarding 2on2... if you dont have a healer you´re fucked.
      Regarding 1on1... if somebody plays a meta build... same.

Im a player for example, no matter if my opponent wields a meta build or not, if he kills me or i kill him, im allways looking for the players name in the combat log, whisper to him "gg", but no response at all.
      Thats what actually bothering me the most.

The game is full of resentment, hate, intrigue, toxicity, unbalance and im actually not that type of person.
      I bet many are some of the above mentioned, but im thinking about to stop playing the game for good.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Harondale ().

• Gear in this game is meant to be consumable... If you cant deal with that, try to start working on an economy... you don't really need to move out of cities or enter any full loot zones (That apparently are too scary for ya). Once you have enough money to do whatever in this game without breaking a sweat about losing your precious gear, you will start enjoying more and complaining less.
    • I really wish some people would learn to read before commenting. Never did I once mention removing full loot pvp from the game. If anyone thinks that this game was created for those who enjoy the smallest niche of all games"full loot pvp" you are sadly mistaken. If that were true there would be zero safe content in the game. If that were true there would never have been changes made to control and limit ganking. If the game was only meant to cater to the smallest niche of players in the world... How many companies have tried and failed at making games focused on such a small niche of players? Do some research..

I can assure you that the company wants to make money. To make a game that will invite as many different play styles as possible to increase the player base thus increase profit. Show me where the company states "this game was created for only those who enjoy full loot pvp"...

Trying not to repeat myself but..as a "solo" "mobile" player the content is extremely limiting. That anyone can complete safe content and have millions of silver in less than a month. After that, you are forced into pvp, or stuck forever doing the same things in the same zones over and over.

You guys talk about grinding yet that is the definition of grinding. Wearing your tier 8 items in yellow zones killing tier 5 mobs until you have enough silver that you do not care about losing sets of items when all you wanted was to explore new content or kill mobs of your tier?

If you do your research most of the games that failed at full loot pvp failed due to gankfests, those that survived the longest had limits and severe punishments on such activities. I only hope that this game finds the balance. Full loot pvp does not destroy games, ganking destroys games. Simple fact.

Again,
      I support full loot pvp
      I do not support ganking
    • my last day in albion i got ganked by a fake ally and lost 12m that i got in 1 week so/so doing dg solo even with the stupid loot nerf. not a big deal 12m anyway i known. i had one HCE set that i was building for it and was transporting the items to get silver for yellow spec to get tier 8 weapon for HCE.
      I also had many items and some silver and so on. immediately i deleted my 130m fame char with still 60 days premium left. I started this game paying membership each month for 1 year. remember that i'm not from a dolar based country. i had spent lot of real money.

Anyway, you can't go to bz for fishing or collect rock because gankers are around all the time. you can't farm and relax, all the time you are nervous and paranoic in bz.

I was all the time one pve player and pvp just for fun.

OP said faction is pvp war. Nah, today only rats with 900 power item running and trying to loot. no more fights.

spend real money for gain stress all the time? Nah, no more. i will come back to my old mmo private server game without kill-loot. i want a game for fun not to be mad and frustrated.

i was a solo player as well, i got 120m pve fame doing only dg solo in bz. i noticed that they nerfed dg solo loot very hard. this is crap and bullshit. come on get 180k purple chest all the time? get 60k gold chest? 8.0/8.1 maps bought.

i'm not stupid. fuck this game and fuck you too "pro gankers". Me out.

The post was edited 6 times, last by AlwaysHigh ().