Forced PvP is a failure.

• Forced PvP is a failure.

In about three to four weeks I have completed all solo content in the game and have enough silver to purchase anything I need for my tier. Sadly the content ends at tier 5 for solo players, without the headache of forced pvp and it shouldn't be this way. To continue in the game you have to gear up in worthless gear and try to avoid gankers just to see any additional content.

The wiki defines ganking as seeking an unfair advantage to kill someone for loot or pleasure. I myself will never understand the need for this. Many posts say they do not do it for the money but the pleasure. What kind of sick individual wants to willingly gather a couple friends to seek out this unfair advantage to kill others trying to enjoy the game? There are duels, arenas, cds, faction wars, hps, tons of pvp activities which require skill and fair play but thats just not enough?

I enjoy pvp just as much as the next person, but it should never be forced on anyone, and it should always be fair.

"Then do not go to rz or bz if you do not want to get ganked"
      Exactly, if you do not want the added headache, yellow zones are the end of this game. Which is very very little content. I'm sure the developers did not intend for content to stop at yellow zones.

"join a guild get a group together"
      I enjoy playing solo, I play mobile with around 250 300ping to the servers. I group sometimes but again, no one is going out to see this content in their best gear...what if.. The developers made these "solo" dungeons just for solo players yet multiple people can enter in zones where a solo person can easily be killed.

"risk vs reward, live with it"
      The risk should be the content, do I have the gear and skill to complete the content. The reward? Those dungeons do not offer much better loot, but loot appropriate for the tier or better experience for the tier. What is the risk for gankers wearing pvp specific gear, seeking out gatherers or hunters trying to enjoy the game? They can gank today and clear it up by tomorrow. Without much of a penalty. What if you went out ganking irl what would the penalty be?

"omg your such a noob, just replace what you lost and do it again" "ganking has already been nerfed to hell" "nobody ganks anymore"

Why the headache? Why should I be forced to wear worthless equipment 4 tiers lower than I should be, to explore and see new content?

Maybe, from what I have read many changes have been made, but I've been ganked in dungeons with the 90 sec limit, I've been ganked outside of those dungeons trying to get back to a safe zone. Look at the forum tons of gank guilds recruiting, ganking is far from dead.

Every successful pvp game gave you the option of pvp while allowing you to explore and enjoy all the content of the game. And, the games focus was to work hard and gear up to do so. There are very few people outside of yellow zones wearing the best gear they can because one mishap, one spike of lag, and it's all gone. Which again I do not think was the vision of the developers.

"Stop complaining and go play something else" I am sure the company just loves it everytime someone replies with that..but sadly it is true, if this is all the content the game has to offer why play? Why pay?

The game has potential, I would have loved if the pvp was faction focused, epic battles with hundreds of people over multiple zones like back in daoc, without the fear of losing millions of silver worth of gear one day to some gankers.

To the gankers..really guys, get some skill, if all your after is an unfair fight there must be some deeper mental issues going on in your life. Unless in life all you seek is an unfair advantage. Sad. But I must also thank you, because of all the ganking many changes have been made, and I am sure many many more are to follow, all thanks to you. One thing I am certain of is that the vast majority of people playing this game do not play for ganking, and I would bet money that the vast majority of those that do are free to play clients that give nothing to the developement of the game.

When the ganking is finally taken care of, when everyone has a chance to enjoy the full content of the game as intended with the option of pvp it will actually be a pretty good game.
    • It's a feature. For completely solo rpg with built in chat room try ESO. It's the exact opposite of AO, there is no world pvp and group content and battlegrounds matches feel poorly thought out and really tacked on like it was a complete afterthought. Devs designed that game from the ground up to be Skyrim with a chatroom. Your could play 100% of ESO without ever talking to another human.

I play Albion BECAUSE it has forced pvp. That's what makes it special lol.
    • Mitzi wrote:

You're in the wrong game lol

if for you pvp is called when 10 players attack 1 then it's fair? when I was recently collecting 2 hours of resources in the red zone and suddenly 2 players appear from nowhere because the game catches the lag and the image skips and they kill me because there was a visible difference in ping, is it fair in your opinion? that I am wasting 2 hours of time collecting and some two gówniarzy come and play gangster and kill me, that's great in your opinion in this game ??? this is show what level Albion offers attracts players who have zero skills that in the group they are only strong because if he catches them one by one, they are not so tough anymore, just run away and come back with their friends
    • Taladome wrote:

I enjoy pvp just as much as the next person
      I seriously question that.

Taladome wrote:

but it should never be forced on anyone
      It isnt. Youre given a pop up with a choice when entering a pvp zone ... if you enter you give consent .. no one forced you.

Taladome wrote:

and it should always be fair.
      Thats simply an opinion. I disagree. Openworld pvp should be a dynamic, moving feast where numbers and advantages can change. If you want only 'fair' pvp then maybe it really isnt the game for you.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

Taladome wrote:

I enjoy pvp just as much as the next person
      I seriously question that.

Taladome wrote:

but it should never be forced on anyone
      It isnt. Youre given a pop up with a choice when entering a pvp zone ... if you enter you give consent .. no one forced you.

Taladome wrote:

and it should always be fair.
      Thats simply an opinion. I disagree. Openworld pvp should be a dynamic, moving feast where numbers and advantages can change. If you want only 'fair' pvp then maybe it really isnt the game for you.
      the game forces you to enter the red or black zones because it is impossible to collect t6 items without entering the red zone, unless you have another way to do it :)
    • Groszek6 wrote:

the game forces you to enter the red or black zones because it is impossible to collect t6 items without entering the red zone, unless you have another way to do it
      It doesnt force you. Its a choice if you want to go gather those. gather and sell lower tiers and buy them if you dont want the risk .. your choice.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • There are risk and rewards in higher tier. You can minimize the risks when you know how.

Sometime you losse, sometime you win and if you fear every PvP zone then you'll always losse. I get to free kill many PvE player sometimes that don't understand what to do in PvP situations. There are many way of surviving many encounters. Don't enter or leave a dungeon withtout the buff protection. Wait for your cooldowns. Travel with a t4 Bloodlether, t4 soldier boots, a an inv potion in black zone to increase chance of survival and small investment to save some stuff that cost 500k+.

If you transport a very expensive stuff, get an Fort Sterling cape as well as a good mount.

Never farm with an ox in Red/Black zone, 1 autoattack dispawn your mount and with an Ox, you'll be overloaded and unable to move also get inv potions, be careful of purges on your boots, try to distance youself with bloodletters spell before using your boots.

In solo dungeon when entering start to disconnect when the timer reach 190 ( it starts from 300) , you're safe to do the dungeon. If someone enters, he have to wait for 15 secs coldown for his spells, the same duration as the protection if he dosen't move. if he attack you without his spells, you can free kill him. If you think he have friends outside, you can try to tank his attack until you have the protection while leaving the dungeon, then mount up and run away from the map.

When someone is chasing you don't go where he was coming from, chances are he have friend on this direction. Don't attack you'll be outlaw and can't change map or leave dungeon. Don't try to leave dungeon with the cast. You can ultimelty bait people in group dugeon if can't escape and get downed by a large group of mobs.

Ganking is fun, Dungeon diving is fun but also dangerous. And when you get kill by 10 guys so what ? they got to have 300k for 10 players ? Huge payout for them... The more they are, the less profitable it is. when 10 guys with wolfs mount with 1400 IP chases you, It is wasting their time to chase a trash geared dude.

There are many contents to do and to learn more and be able to do more, you should join a guild that can help you doing things or new content. There is a lot of money to make in thoses zones and you'll be able to afford to losse many times your stuff. So I started playing 1 month ago and I already have 500kills and 15 million PvP Fame with low weapon levels.

This is not hard. It just is risky and rewarding, it makes it fun.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Kyzane ().

• I am not a ganker myself, but ganking and full loot PvP is NEEDED for the game.
      Ganking a lonely gatherer in a filled T5 ox with various materials, means a lot of the gathered stuff is going to be trashed, and in case the ox trashes, there is no way the ganker is going to transport the materials to any of the cities, meaning a good amount of items have been removed from the system. This is just a random example.
      If no items are removed, or drastically less, nothing is going to have value. Now a random purple ches in T6 RZ with premium gives about 60k worth of items, but if nothing trashed the value would be less than 10k.
      Or the loot would be 60k just right now, but the purchasing power of silver could be 6 times less, meaning you can't buy sh1t with the silver you just earned. Big inflation in silver would increase the price of premium drastically, so new f2p players would face an even bigger gap between them and veterans.
      Please understand why full loot with items trashing is so important. And do not ask the devs to completely change the basic concept of the game, instead ask for more safe content (personally I dont think that it is needed).
      Cheers!
    • Aetelios wrote:

I am not a ganker myself, but ganking and full loot PvP is NEEDED for the game.
      Ganking a lonely gatherer in a filled T5 ox with various materials, means a lot of the gathered stuff is going to be trashed, and in case the ox trashes, there is no way the ganker is going to transport the materials to any of the cities, meaning a good amount of items have been removed from the system. This is just a random example.
      If no items are removed, or drastically less, nothing is going to have value. Now a random purple ches in T6 RZ with premium gives about 60k worth of items, but if nothing trashed the value would be less than 10k.
      Or the loot would be 60k just right now, but the purchasing power of silver could be 6 times less, meaning you can't buy sh1t with the silver you just earned. Big inflation in silver would increase the price of premium drastically, so new f2p players would face an even bigger gap between them and veterans.
      Please understand why full loot with items trashing is so important. And do not ask the devs to completely change the basic concept of the game, instead ask for more safe content (personally I dont think that it is needed).
      Cheers!
      I currently have premium purchases for 3 months and there is a problem because I get worse rewards than players who do not have premium,and this applies to red zones as well as blue and yellow, so your explanation that premium prizes fly better is just funny
    • Ok midguard, you clearly cannot read very well as all the quotes from my post were already answered in my origional post..

1. I mentioned doac, if you don't know what it was google is your friend, loved the pvp there, wow loved the pvp there, play tons of team based games fps rpg etc that require skill so "question" all you want...

2. Creating progressive content that requires you to enter into a pvp zone is called forced pvp, not that hard to understand.

3. Again I stated that there are some that can only look for an unfair advantage, probably in their life as well...I realize some people do not have the skill to fight fair, I realize some people enjoy griefing others or trolling others. If your one of those I fell sorry for you.

4. This is not the right game for you....Again I'm sure the company loves it when people say that but again maybe your right. If the content of this games stops at yellow zones your right. If people are unable to gather wearing the gear designed to do so, your right! If this game was designed for the purpose of ganking your right. Not the right game for many people who figure it out.

It really bothers me that there would people who actually support ganking like you. If your afraid of going face to face evenly matched why destroy the game for countless others? Where is your real risk? What if apon ganking a non pvp flagged player you were sent to a black zone filled with other gankers? What if apon ganking a non pvp flagged player you are then flagged to drop silver and gold upon death? Will you continue ganking? I doubt it..If your a ganker why don't you put on your best gear and lemme know which zone your in? You don't want pvp, you want to kill those who cannot defend themselves. Sad.

The community has already spoken, many changes have already been made and many more will come. Now just sit back and see how many people would leave the game if no ganking allowed vs how many people would stay. I think the winner is obvious there.
    • It seems like you are not enjoying core aspect of this game.

Don't get me wrong, there are "high end" things you can do without engaging in pvp like production, trading and hardcore expeditions, 20v20 battles, arena. Also faction content which doesn't punish you with loss of gear in lower tier zones.

But the end game is arguably about territory control, acquiring resources en masse and influence and the mechanics are quite punishing - i.e. you can't just fight for territory 20 times in 8.3 gear, loose 20 times and repeat it the next day without doing some serious farming to replenish the gear. Those are conscious design decisions which make the game what it is and keeps economy alive. You are thinking about it wrong when you say that you can afford best gear but afraid to put it on. If you are afraid to put it on, you can't afford it. I am fighting in 8.1 and 8.2 daily, I can loose 3 sets a day and not run out of money for maybe 3 months. Thats what it means to be able to afford things in Albion. Whether this is something you are interested in is entirely up to you.

It's a shame that you don't enjoy it but I wouldn't expect any of it to change if I were you. I would venture to try joining a large guild first though - there is this guy on youtube - Swole Benji, he plays the game solo and man it just looks outright boring. It does help to put things in perspective - this is not a solo game. Very few people will enjoy it solo because you will just get killed over and over and over and no amount of gear will help you. Good guild will help you to not be on the wrong end of beating.

The post was edited 7 times, last by Xwave ().

• Xwave, you said yourself fight for territory in 8.3 gear. That sounds a little different than the pvp I am talking about here. Wearing tier 4 crap gear to gather or do dungeons out of fear of being ganked by people also wearing crap gear. Ganking is not a necessary part of this game regardless of what people say. There are hundreds of ways materials or items could be destroyed many of which would be more fun and beneficial to everyone.

Anyone who enjoys ganking simply doesnt have the skill to participate in pvp. If you truly enjoyed pvp you would try and move up in ranks against people equal to or better than you. Killing 500 unsuspecting traders gatherers or levelers is not something anyone should be proud of. I can only feel sorry for those people.
    • Taladome wrote:

Xwave, you said yourself fight for territory in 8.3 gear. That sounds a little different than the pvp I am talking about here. Wearing tier 4 crap gear to gather or do dungeons out of fear of being ganked by people also wearing crap gear. Ganking is not a necessary part of this game regardless of what people say. There are hundreds of ways materials or items could be destroyed many of which would be more fun and beneficial to everyone.

Anyone who enjoys ganking simply doesnt have the skill to participate in pvp. If you truly enjoyed pvp you would try and move up in ranks against people equal to or better than you. Killing 500 unsuspecting traders gatherers or levelers is not something anyone should be proud of. I can only feel sorry for those people.
      Not sure what your primary concern is. People do kill others for resources and for fun, it's a part of the game.
      I would wager that you will not find t4 ganker in a t8 black zone. Most people I meet are at least flat t7 or t8.

T4 ganking exists to allow people who can not afford better gear to gain fighting experience.

> Anyone who enjoys ganking simply doesnt have the skill to participate in pvp

I am afraid you got it wrong. Ganking in some cases is the only real pvp you can hope for as a solo player and it's definitely not a a walk in the park. I don't know how extensive your experience in red and black zones is but in red zones gankers are usually the ones who are being hunted, not the other way around. That's actually one of the reasons why they wear t4 - because bad ones are getting owned whole day long and are not making any money out of it. It does teach you to fight 1vMany though which is a useful skill to have.
      When it comes to black zones, most black zones are controlled by large guilds. Ganking in such areas is almost a guaranteed death.
    • let me tell u taladome, that if there was no risk in the redzones, resources prices would plummet as greedy gatherers sweep around the land like a plague of locusts, gathering fervently every single node of resource.

This would make the very resources u gather and prize absolutely worthless as there would be a massive abundance of them. Without a dynamic and risky open world experience, what would this game become then? farming simulator, or perhaps another cheap WoW knockoff with its endless pve grind?

The reason why albion is successful is precisely because of its dynamic open world aspect, and just like in real life, there will always be gangs of bandits preying on the weak, and defenders to hit back. Thats what makes this game so fun for many of us who have played for years and continue to stay - as the hardcore group of supporters that every MMO needs to survive. The only reason why the game is doing well is because of its niche catering to hardcore pvp players - not to players like you who would eventually drop the game for WoW and its endless myraid of knock-offs in the long run regardless of whether or not ganking is removed.

Additionally, RZ ganking has pretty much been nerfed to almost near oblivion. If u know what you are doing as a gatherer, u will escape almost every single time. Try to watch some Youtube tutorials on escaping ganks, there are many many good ones out there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JCPMP ().

• One more post added to the thousands already in the forum that, without ANY knowledge of how economy works, asks for something that makes exact 0 sense.

For god's sake, if you want theme park, go play New World, WoW, FFXIV.

I'm a solo player, not a ganker, i'm at max reputation for a VERY long time (years), i do PvP in CDs and ZvZ and i understand that if i'm ganked it's part of the game and VERY VERY RARELY i'm at a loss losing T8 gathering gear or combat gear, since end game content (T7 red zones with faction / T8 black solos / Avalonian roads) bring incredible rewards for anyone with the SMALLEST gut to explore them.
    • i join this game because of its full loot pvp which bear resemblance to minecraft faction war severs

but with more "RPG" element to it

if people complain about the full loot aspect of it then this game is not for you

sure Corrupted dungeons and hellgates have "Meta" and some unbalanced comps where veterans of the content complain to
      but to complain about the full loot pvp and its high risk vs high reward mechanic just because gankers exist then just stay the safe zones forever

noone is stopping you.

and besides the game is way safer then it was years ago where the land was more dangerous and the ganking was not as nerfed as it is now
      it was way stronger back then. granted the red zone was smaller but so was the black market. it made crafting and selling to BM much more easier and profitable
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Groszek6 wrote:

Aetelios wrote:

I am not a ganker myself, but ganking and full loot PvP is NEEDED for the game.
      Cheers!
      I currently have premium purchases for 3 months and there is a problem because I get worse rewards than players who do not have premium,and this applies to red zones as well as blue and yellow, so your explanation that premium prizes fly better is just funny
      what is your sample size?
      Doing 5 solos in red with premium means nothing buddy. Also like I said
      Items are easier to get/impossible to lose---->silver inflation---->more expensive premium for f2p.