[28. July 2021] Call to Arms Patch 9

• rottencheese wrote:

yakojesus wrote:

better changes for dual swords - reduce time animation and stun immune
      So mace became meta until devs obviously were going to nerf it & now you want mace again but with a 15 sec (or 12-13 sec with omelette) cd for the e by using dual sword instead? While also being able to do a lot more damage during the entire fight than a mace would ever do head to head?
      Are you also forgetting that dual sword can use rooting smash? A stun that has a longer range than mace? A stun that can catch 2-4 people at the same time if lined up correctly? 15 sec cooldown, 14m range compared to mace 3m q range range? Oh only 12-13 second cd too with an omelette while being able to stun more people in a further range without being forced to wait for the devastating long cooldowns of a mace to keep constant pressure.

Seriously? Come on bro you can't have it both ways. Mace has its own purpose same was as dual sword now has its own purpose. The kind of change you're mentioning will eventually lead the devs to nerf dual swords after 1-2 months because it will 100% replace mace and honestly a lot of other weapons for how aggressively they can be used now. Then they'll be useless again after the nerf for most content like so many other lost half viable half meta builds. Please no.
      i dont care 15s cd or 20, 4% or 6%, all what i want is deal damage with ur E ability, ping+endless animation make u no chance for hit E and chase someone, also easy dodge if small/mid scale. the biggest problem is animation, stun immune is good plus, but not necessary, this update is good for dual shits, but still unplayble, fix animation and dual shits can be dual swords
    • MrDaS wrote:

@rottencheese Claps you are the only one 1/10 that like the new E on dual swords.

Stop talking so much bullshit everyone gonna think Swords is most broken weapon tree on Albion.
      For cds I keep beating flat 6 frosts in duels, win or get close against 1h spears pretty even match up, pretty even with broadsword/claymore if I play well, I can also interrupt fire that's becoming semi meta atm, beat a bow easily, uh what else?

I'm glad to be one of those 1/10 if that means someone like ya won't waste the swords, all good to me man.

lol any other sword you'd need to already have stacks before getting to do dps besides being forced to use iron will or besides using carving. Dual sword gives you a free way to jump in and get as many stacks as you want? With interrupts or rooting smash? With a freaking 15 second cool down? I'm not saying swords are "the most overpowered tree in the game" numbnuts... I'm saying dual sword doesn't need anything else the way it is now, that if devs do give it yet another buff it will 100% get nerfed later on just like mace was eventually for being overused in corrupt dungeons. That's how this game works bro, sorry to say.

Basically old dual sword - why ever use it versus a carving sword for 5v5 content or anything else with its long 20 sec CD, use claymore/carving instead. Now they're a viable option with the low cd for slam or brawl comps. I can actually join huge 20v20 zergs as a claymore myself and be able to help out with 1-2 kills every couple of minutes, if not more, and this was before the new 12% speed buff, yes swords can be good if you want them to be.

When did I ever say swords are broken in my post either? I said you need to be good at using sword - how does that translate to you putting words in my mouth? Clean the bullshit out of yours first :)
      Believe in the cloth
    • Hattenhair wrote:

If we get another guaranteed E on the weapon roster I will punch someone.
      >Uninterruptibble
      >CC-immune
      >A fucking I-frame
      Every. Fucking. Time.

STOP.
      100% man. Not only did swords in general get an amazing amazing speed buff for their q stacks which will open them up for players who just found them too hard before, but something like dual sword legit has just become viable over carving if the comp or your own solo game-play requires one. This guy does know that he can actually play t6 greathammer right now and be able to play mace? The thing he obviously wants? Literally use the same armors bro it's a mace, instant stuns in CDs and very viable for 5v5 content.

...next thing he'll want is to increase the dual sword E range to like 20m LOL
      Believe in the cloth
    • i like when guys who played corrupted(maybe all pvp content is corrupted lol) with curse trying to thinking about dual swords kekw, no one play on dual shits because u cant hit enemy with ur E ability, dual swords do great damage, more then avalonian axe, more then carving, more then 90% weapons, they had perfectly CD 20 sec for 1k+6% pure, and u rly thinking CD was biggest problem? if 6.0 one hand curse in corrupted ur max dont shitpost about what u dont understand
    • rottencheese wrote:

Coferosa wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Spinning Blades (Dual Swords):
        • Jump End Position now offset by 3 meters. (This means the max range covers less distance for the caster, but also makes it easier to hit enemies without getting too close, making the cast harder to interrupt in midair.)
        • Cooldown: 20s → 15s
        • Max Health Damage vs Players: 6% → 4%

I don't understand this change. I think it only makes it different, not make it better.First of all, it's the dual blade, but at the end of the E, the character doesn't utilize both swords.I think that 3m offset is a bad idea, it reduces the potential mobility to move and attack an enemy on the back at the same time.
      And it still gets easily interrupted, it's just doesn't make any sense when you get stunned you go back in time to your first position before jumping.

OK, it's slightly better for chasing now, but overall it's worse than before.
      I think just make the character immune to stun while in the air is the easiest solution to make it better.
      what this change has done for dual swords is make a viable, while not meta, sword for people to finally try more often.
      What this change has given the community a spell interaction where you can get free 3 q stacks at any time. You not only need to know when to use it but how to land it, and with what w spell is best in what content, and if you learn that well you gave yourself an advantage over most players. You now can initiate with dual sword e, without having any previous stacks mind you, use any q and with something like a caerleon cape for another q you've just gained 3 stacks, in 1-2 seconds. If landing in the middle of 2-3 enemies at least that's a full 3 stack sword running around dealing damage while the rest of the team come in to help. Use an omelette and you'll have another E in 12-13 sec to keep pressure constantly or simply the damage from having q stacks so readily available in any situation, at any time.

What you guys want is another mace because fighting all in isn't your style and/or it got nerfed just recently. I predicted dual swords would possibly replace mace as a rat weapon or be considered one after the eventual mace nerf in a place like 1v1 cds, but that isn't how the devs wanted to make the sword play out.

Go play mace if baiting and running is your style, dual swords are for the ones who want to spend time learning when the best time to really use its e is instead of being immune to the world for 1 second like a mace.

better yet go play great hammer the same exact way you'd use a mace, you can't interrupt a great hammer's E so there you go. Believe it or not ghammer is actually meta for uses in 5v5s right now so there you go

leave dual swords the way they are devs, I love the change.

yakojesus wrote:

better changes for dual swords - reduce time animation and stun immune
      So mace became meta until devs obviously were going to nerf it & now you want mace again but with a 15 sec (or 12-13 sec with omelette) cd for the e by using dual sword instead? While also being able to do a lot more damage during the entire fight than a mace would ever do head to head?
      Are you also forgetting that dual sword can use rooting smash? A stun that has a longer range than mace? A stun that can catch 2-4 people at the same time if lined up correctly? 15 sec cooldown, 14m range compared to mace 3m q range range? Oh only 12-13 second cd too with an omelette while being able to stun more people in a further range without being forced to wait for the devastating long cooldowns of a mace to keep constant pressure.

Seriously? Come on bro you can't have it both ways. Mace has its own purpose same was as dual sword now has its own purpose. The kind of change you're mentioning will eventually lead the devs to nerf dual swords after 1-2 months because it will 100% replace mace and honestly a lot of other weapons for how aggressively they can be used now. Then they'll be useless again after the nerf for most content like so many other lost half viable half meta builds. Please no.

I didn't say invulnerability as mace does, I said immune to stun only, not damage. But it's just my shallow suggestion, I was just hoping devs can think of something better based on my input.
      I'm really not a sword player, I was about to after I read the updates, but after I tried it, these changes don't make me want to play it more.
      Also, I'm wondering why I haven't seen anyone using Dual Sword so far, maybe at blue zones, idk.
    • I would love a faster animation. The E ability is highly visually telegraphed, so good players will attempt to get out, or iceblock/parry, knockback, etc. It's currently fairly easy for a good player to counter it. As for a faster animation, I know the last patch had us be offset by 3m, but I cannot tell if we have less time in the air (same m/s but 3m less to cover?) or if we have the same time in the air, (we are slower m/s but we cover less ground so it is the same time in the air). I have a feeling it may be the latter.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Forbidden Stab (all Daggers):

Hit Delay: 0.1s → 0s

Standtime: 0.2s → 0.1s

Removed the Healing Received and Healing Cast Debuff

Instead, the target won't be able to receive any healing for 1.5s (this debuff is cleanseable)

The ability now also interrupts enemy spell casting
      They need to nerf the E of the Blight Staff, this E is useless against the meta

The post was edited 1 time, last by SHOKAHBK ().