New dungeon idea - The Sewers

• New dungeon idea - The Sewers

LORE

It all begins in the cities of Royal Continent, or rather beneath them... In the forsaken tunnels filled with sewage, an unexpected, also almost forgotten guest appears. Inconspicuous heretics have crept where no man's eyes are looking. When everyone thought that their threat had been averted, they, after years of preparation, decided to strike the most sensitive points. Underground chemicals were used to create a deadly weapon that would soon see the light of day. As it turned out, all the creatures closed in the tunnels after contact with toxic fumes ceased to resemble what they were before. Terrible monsters have taken control of the underworld, now you cannot let them get outside.

FACTS & MECHANICS
      • The sewers is a completely new zone, the same size or smaller than the regular map, bigger than, for example, hellgate.
      • There should be one sewer entrance in the city.
      • It is a black, full loot pvp zone.
      • Additional IP from specs does not count, base item IP only.
      • To enter the zone every party member should have at least 1000 IP.
      • I don't know if you should be able to go solo there, the maximum number of party members is 4 or 5.
      • After entering with the team, you land on one of several dozen starting points and the passage closes for two or three minutes. After this time, you can leave the sewers from this passage, or a new team can enter.
      • Mobs here respawn really fast! (1-2 minutes, depends on the type of mob). If somebody is near their respawn point they wait until there is no player.
      • Mobs here have unique mechanics known from other games of this type. For example, they run away to other mobs to call for help.
      • The longer you stay in the dungeon, the greater the fame and loot bonuses.
      • Of course there are bosses and chests that scale with bonus loot. An example of a boss is a half-heretic half-rat.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
      I know that not everything will look like I would like, so I hope for better solutions on your part.

Excuse my language mistakes, English is not my first language. Write what should I improve, then I edit the thread.
    • Similar to the roads, but definitely different. Much heavier emphasis on PVE and PVP, no hideouts, and the entrance is in the cities.

This suggestion seems fundamentally flawed in many ways; There's nothing to deter 50 man zergs from taking over a cities sewer and fame farming in it, since players are only allowed to enter as a group of 4 every 3 minutes; Once they get all their guys in, noone can touch them and they have the farm completely to themselves. Honestly the roads of avalon do what this suggestion intends but much better.
      • The sewers is a completely new zone, the same size or smaller than the regular map, bigger than, for example, hellgate.
        - So it's like a bigger arena or does it consist of maps linked together? Is minimap mapped out or empty?
      • Additional IP from specs does not count, base item IP only.
        - This would mean the richest players get the most IP? What's the point of this?
      • The longer you stay in the dungeon, the greater the fame and loot bonuses.
        So whoever manages to mass up a zerg inside means they would own the map and reap constant bonuses.
    • each party could be independent of guild and alliance tags, making everyone outside the party an enemy, making friendly fire a thing, it would help but ultimately players would just work around it, it's gotta be another mechanic we could use to consistently funnel in more players without the ability to handhold. Maybe just remove the guild and alliance tags and just have player names could be enough. But I'm enjoying the idea.
    • - So it's like a bigger arena or does it consist of maps linked together?

ANSWER: it's definitely a bigger arena, one big zone with a lot of people stuck in there.

- Is minimap mapped out or empty?

ANSWER: it's not random generated so i think better idea is to reveal the minimap but i also think that obscured map would give a feeling of unknown and adventure lol

- This would mean the richest players get the most IP? What's the point of this?

Thats what i mean, imagine 8.3 player with 1400 ip with normal items or 1550 with artifacts and masterpiece quality. Such a player is 40-55% stronger than players that went in with the cheapest T7 gear. Well, such players paid more so they should be stronger but they are killable with goot team play. The reward is huge for killing such guy. The point of this to make the gamemode more equal for new players with 0 specs that came here more for PvE fame and players with 700/700 and 800/800 that look for quick pvp with easy money and late game adventure.

- So whoever manages to mass up a zerg inside means they would own the map and reap constant bonuses.

No, you did not understand, they cant zarg because there is group system like in hellgates but here one group can enter with 2 members (minimum) another with 4 members (maximum) and the amount of groups in the map is without limits. Example. If two groups from same guild enter the sewers they are 'red' to themselves, like in corrupteds and hellgates, they can kill each other or say 'bye' and go the other way. If they group and try to clear together they are punished by 'friendly fire' and gamemode mechanics.

PLZ MORE FEEDBACK
    • Zuuuooo wrote:

- So whoever manages to mass up a zerg inside means they would own the map and reap constant bonuses.

No, you did not understand, they cant zarg because there is group system like in hellgates but here one group can enter with 2 members (minimum) another with 4 members (maximum) and the amount of groups in the map is without limits. Example. If two groups from same guild enter the sewers they are 'red' to themselves, like in corrupteds and hellgates, they can kill each other or say 'bye' and go the other way. If they group and try to clear together they are punished by 'friendly fire' and gamemode mechanics.

Literally no chance of this happening. Definitely large alliances would just take over, perhaps even mandating "single target only DPS" builds. I don't see this as viable.