Katana as new weap for Sword Tree?

• Each weapon tree has a predetermined amount of weapons in it as it stands, 3 normal weapons, 1 runic artifact weapon, 1 soul weapon, 1 relic weapon, and 1 avalonian weapon.
      This holds true for all weapon trees in the game.

From the current design paradigm there is no room in the sword tree for katana.

If the designers add another type of weapon in each tree, maybe.

They have teased another weapon type in the last trailer, some form of knuckle weapon. Whether this is going to be its own tree, or simply a new class of weapon in an existing tree, remains to be seen.

But I wouldn't necessarily hold out for weapons of eastern design, as this is a euro fantasy game.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • RenKatal wrote:

Each weapon tree has a predetermined amount of weapons in it as it stands, 3 normal weapons, 1 runic artifact weapon, 1 soul weapon, 1 relic weapon, and 1 avalonian weapon.
      This holds true for all weapon trees in the game.

From the current design paradigm there is no room in the sword tree for katana.

If the designers add another type of weapon in each tree, maybe.

They have teased another weapon type in the last trailer, some form of knuckle weapon. Whether this is going to be its own tree, or simply a new class of weapon in an existing tree, remains to be seen.

But I wouldn't necessarily hold out for weapons of eastern design, as this is a euro fantasy game.
      Royal Weapons have not yet been added. So, there is room for the katanas, but I think it would be better accommodated as a dagger.
      (In the last video, they showed a skill of a new weapon. So, I believe they are working on them.)