Change name of Trinity Spear to non-religious one

• Thanks to all for your participation in this discussion. Please note that this discussion not on any religion and its not thr platform to discuss religions.

Also please note: I opened this discussion for Muslim community not for myself only.

Now about eating pork omelette or food made with pork in-game: although I personally dont use pork omelet or pork food, if any Muslim in-game do that it will not hurt the core belief. For sake of orgument if in real life a Muslim eats a pork, he will be a sinner, but he still be a Muslim. But if a person believe in partners with GOD then he or she will not be a Muslim. Because it's of the core belief to be a Muslim. Muslim believe that God is one God dont have partners, God dont have father, God dont have son. God is one and only.
      I hope you guys understand why as a Muslim Trinity word is more touchy?
    • The Trinity in the case of this spear, once again, represents the 3 points of the spear and not the Holy Trinity of the Christian faith. So I think you are upset over nothing. Words can have multiple meanings. You would have a proper argument if it was called "Holy Trinity Spear" but it isn't. Trinity means 3. 3 points on the spear. That's what it means in this case. Yes the word itself is also attributed to religion but not in this case.
    • kingish wrote:

Hi there,
      I have been playing this game for more than two months now ans enjoying it alot. Also enjoying premium membership.
      I wanted to request to change the name of Trinity Spear to something else because meaning of Trinity is reflecting conecpt of Christianity religion. MMO game should have namings that not have any religious connections.
      If you see my game chracter KINGISH, I lvled up Trinity Spear alot and liked its skills alot.
      But couple days back when I found Trinity meanings are not acceptable for Muslim players. And I am a Muslim.
      Many Muslims like me are playing this game, and maybe many will leave usage of Trinity Spear because of the meaning and concept of Triniy in Christianity.

I hope game admins and developers will understand my suggestion and change the name of Trinity Spear to something else.
      Best regards,
      Kingish

Have you got nothing else to do in life besides trying to find ways to get offended at any little things you see around you?
    • kingish wrote:

Hi there,
      I have been playing this game for more than two months now ans enjoying it alot. Also enjoying premium membership.
      I wanted to request to change the name of Trinity Spear to something else because meaning of Trinity is reflecting conecpt of Christianity religion. MMO game should have namings that not have any religious connections.
      If you see my game chracter KINGISH, I lvled up Trinity Spear alot and liked its skills alot. But couple days back when I found Trinity meanings are not acceptable for Muslim players. And I am a Muslim.
      Many Muslims like me are playing this game, and maybe many will leave usage of Trinity Spear because of the meaning and concept of Triniy in Christianity.
      I hope game admins and developers will understand my suggestion and change the name of Trinity Spear to something else.
      Best regards,
      Kingish
      The game isn't designed for you, your religion, or for anyone else's for that matter.

It isnt real life .. its a game. And in the world of Albion, your god doesnt exist.

Treat it for what it is .. its not real and not a reflection of the real world.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter

The post was edited 1 time, last by Midgard ().

• Im a Muslim and the guy doesn't speak for the religion. Come on its just a name, is your Iman so low that a simple name triggers you? it can have many meanings and obviously it refers to the pointy end of the spear which there is 3. Stop trying to find meaning when there is none and being overzealous, you're not 5 year old anymore and you dont live in the bubble when it come to global games.
    • kingish wrote:

Hi there,
      If you see my game chracter KINGISH, I lvled up Trinity Spear alot and liked its skills alot.
      But couple days back when I found Trinity meanings are not acceptable for Muslim players. And I am a Muslim.

Best regards,
      Kingish

Not to be pedantic here, but a trinity is not a christian concept. It's just a unit of three. A triangle is a trinity of angles, and a trinity of sides.

"The Holy Trinity" on the other hand is an idiom that has religious significance to a number of religions, including but not exclusive to Christianity. The triskel is a Pictish-Celtic religious trinity symbol of holy trinity having no association with Christianity. Also notable is the YinYang of Taoist thought is a trinity which represents that duality and oneness are not really divisible.

Using the word trinity should not be considered heretical nor vain for Christians, nor should it be considered insensitive to religious people of OTHER religions, because well...the word trinity is NOT associated with nor advocating for Christianity in any way. It's a word, not a name.
      Max Spec Fishing, Leather, Quarterstaff, Off-Hand Torches
      Almost Max Spec Bows, Daggers, Nature Staff
    • Yeah, as others have explained, The Holy Trinity is a Christian concept, interestingly one taken from many earlier "pagan" religions, The Norns are a good example. In this case trinity refers to the triple prongs of the weapon, could have called it a trident but that is specifically for fishing* and maybe they plan to add spear fishing to the game one day. I will support the name change on the sole condition it is to be called "Ysgramor's Soup Spoon".

I don't understand the hate though, if my recollection of history holds true when your religion was invented it plagarised a lot from both Christian and Jewish doctrine. Do you refrain from eating pork based products in game? Alcohol based potions? (although IIRC the original prohibition was against fermented fruit, wine bad, beer and vodka ok?). What about the half naked "women" dancing at the bank for coins? The market tax on trade?

Ultimately any issues your religion has with the goings on in this game you brought with you. I mean c'mon, the game is called Albion for crying out loud.

*or used in the arena by a Retiarius. A gladiator armed in the fashion of a fisherman.