Change name of Trinity Spear to non-religious one

• Change name of Trinity Spear to non-religious one

Hi there,
      I have been playing this game for more than two months now ans enjoying it alot. Also enjoying premium membership.
      I wanted to request to change the name of Trinity Spear to something else because meaning of Trinity is reflecting conecpt of Christianity religion. MMO game should have namings that not have any religious connections.
      If you see my game chracter KINGISH, I lvled up Trinity Spear alot and liked its skills alot.
      But couple days back when I found Trinity meanings are not acceptable for Muslim players. And I am a Muslim.
      Many Muslims like me are playing this game, and maybe many will leave usage of Trinity Spear because of the meaning and concept of Triniy in Christianity.

I hope game admins and developers will understand my suggestion and change the name of Trinity Spear to something else.
      Best regards,
      Kingish
    • yes I left it. But what I trying to say is not use these kind kind words which are religion based.
      And this suggestion is given to game admins and developers only. I know they will understand.
      Well nice name suggestion by you, lets name it Forked Spear :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by kingish ().

• Blenfjorn wrote:

Trinity references the 3 points on the spear, not the Christian trinity.
      Furthermore, they probably should have called it a Trident, because that's what it actually is, but I think they avoided calling it that because the devil's weapon is called that and they probably didn't want people offended for that reason. Trinity can really mean any grouping of 3, in this case the 3 points of the spear as I previously stated. The 'Holy Trinity' references the Christian faith. Trinity itself isn't specifically a Christian only word.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Furthermore, they probably should have called it a Trident, because that's what it actually is, but I think they avoided calling it that because the devil's weapon is called that and they probably didn't want people offended for that reason. Trinity can really mean any grouping of 3, in this case the 3 points of the spear as I previously stated. The 'Holy Trinity' references the Christian faith. Trinity itself isn't specifically a Christian only word.
      It will be very helpful if any game officials explain the meaning that they have intended.
      hey thanks for more details. But 95% english dictionaries are connecting this to Christian word.
    • kingish wrote:

hey thanks for more details. But 95% english dictionaries are connecting this to Christian word.
      Yes true. I actually looked it up in an online dictionary and the Christian reference is first. The secondary definitely has grouping of three. Would you be less offended if they called it a Trident? Which is the name of the devil's weapon. Honestly the name doesn't bother me because I always associated it with it just being called that due to it having 3 points. The healing staffs are more connected with the Christian religion than the Trinity Spear in my opinion. The game is heavily based on medieval England lore though, and they were predominantly Christian.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

kingish wrote:

Yes true. I actually looked it up in an online dictionary and the Christian reference is first. The secondary definitely has grouping of three. Would you be less offended if they called it a Trident? Which is the name of the devil's weapon. Honestly the name doesn't bother me because I always associated it with it just being called that due to it having 3 points. The healing staffs are more connected with the Christian religion than the Trinity Spear in my opinion. The game is heavily based on medieval England lore though, and they were predominantly Christian.
      healing staff itself is talking about prayer and prayers. I think that need to be revised too. :)
      About medieval England yes i know Albion means that, but for sake of MMO devs should not use contradictory words. Because MMOs are supposed to be played by all players from different religions and thoughts.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

When i searched for Trident word I found it means fork with three points. It might have connection with devil, but I couldn't find it in dictionary.

Maybe Trident Spear can be a good name?
    • kingish wrote:

When i searched for Trident word I found it means fork with three points. It might have connection with devil, but I couldn't find it in dictionary.
      After further investigation, Trident was also used by the Greek god Poseidon. Could be the reason the devil is associated with that weapon, as when Christianity spread, they told the pegans that their gods were real beings too, but were actually the devils of their religion, and therefore Poseidon is a devil, and thus, the devil carries a Trident. Anyways, with the Greek mythology (which was once a religion) tie in, changing the name to that opens a new can of worms for you.

Still Trident is the better name, as that what the weapon actually is, but I personally have no issue with Trinity Spear, and never associated it with the Holy Trinity.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

kingish wrote:

After further investigation, Trident was also used by the Greek god Poseidon. Could be the reason the devil is associated with that weapon, as when Christianity spread, they told the pegans that their gods were real beings too, but were actually the devils of their religion, and therefore Poseidon is a devil, and thus, the devil carries a Trident. Anyways, with the Greek mythology (which was once a religion) tie in, changing the name to that opens a new can of worms for you.
      Still Trident is the better name, as that what the weapon actually is, but I personally have no issue with Trinity Spear, and never associated it with the Holy Trinity.

Thanks for your time and efforts my friend.
      As i said, I think game creators should reply to this post too for more clarification.
    • Don't you know that Albion is a reference to the Arthurian legend --- Where you can expect to see holy powers pitted against the powers of darkness?

King Arthur was a Christian Knight...... just STFU about references to Holiness, Trinity, Christ, Baptism, Redemption, Damnation, .... i mean, for @#$% sake... Bow of Badon is named for THe Battle of Badon, Where King Arthur carried the Cross into battle.....

.... just stop moron.
    • xXCorbusXx wrote:

Don't you know that Albion is a reference to the Arthurian legend --- Where you can expect to see holy powers pitted against the powers of darkness?

King Arthur was a Christian Knight...... just STFU about references to Holiness, Trinity, Christ, Baptism, Redemption, Damnation, .... i mean, for @#$% sake... Bow of Badon is named for THe Battle of Badon, Where King Arthur carried the Cross into battle.....

.... just stop moron.
      A nicer version of this would be to explain that changing the religious tones in the game would require a complete overhaul and it is not exactly feasible. Also, in the Jewish faith, they don't believe there is a hell. So does that mean Hell Gates should be removed from the game to not offend them, and other religions that don't believe in hell? This is a game based on a specific region and time period and some tie ins to their belief system. In the game itself you can be whoever you want. I am a descendant of Odin. You can be Muslim or Jewish or anything you want. It is a roleplaying game after all. Maybe you took that spear off a slain Christian? Or maybe to you it is a trident and who cares what the game actually calls it?

There are Viking themed games with references to Odin. Do you think it would be okay for a Christian to come and say "oh no, this offends me, change that please"? Of course not. Play the game, makes some good friends... and some good enemies, and have some fun. Your character is whoever you want him/her to be. If these 'fairly accurate for its time' themes are too much for you, there are other games too.
    • Neesh wrote:

I think it is important to differentiate real life from games... this is clearly not religious related. But I'm kind of curious... since you don't use it anymore, do you eat T7 omelettes? they're made from pork.
      That's an interesting question. Can't wait to see his response. Once I met a girl in game (so maybe guy, who knows) and in her bio it said "meat is murderer" but she had beef stew equipped. So I asked about it and she said she is vegan in real life but it doesn't work in game so she has to eat beef stew in game.