the OBNOXIOUS unsolicited council

• the OBNOXIOUS unsolicited council

So QUERIES

is region scale a predominant and reoccurring complaint users have
      or that the Developers expression interest in contributing themselves to?

Now the reason is coming from naive me,
      and as such,
      I will reference Wolrd of Warcraft, and how I would never instigate regional development, nor expect , and have never caught wind of anyone else expressing such desires... -
      - so, I hope we are mutually respectful and contented

however,

I would extend my Council to suggest that this can be regarded as an INTERFACE mechanic for the developers:

if this isn't a major concern,
      I will desist,

but if it proves a viable query,

I have suggestions that might satisfy the demand, and am happy to solicit them.

FOLLOW THIS THREAD if this appeals to your apetite, as I will follow the responses with the next Query in,
      the OBNOXIOUS unsolicited council thread, here.
    • I'll take that as a sufficient community feedback to encourage the discussion. LOL XD

So as a game developer myself, the way I resolved the OPEN WOLRD development PARAMETERS was to create zones
      within zones. NOT AS DUNGEONS, but as open world maps.

ie.

when you look at the map, the current boarder would occasionally be displaced, for a larger world map,
      but often would just have a new boarder drawn on it.

& again when you open up the regional maps.

In addition to this,
      when you are in a zone
      you can take avenues that lead to new areas (or "zones") which don't need Map Representation.

By doing this, you can expand on what you had and create a PVP Strategy Element.

I would encourage this line of thinking, instead of aiming for a WORLD EXTENSION.

By doing so, any new materials, animals or mechanics can be attributed to facilitate the tech development of the in-game market, wares and experience.

~minimal effort / maximum payoff :~ Balancing; content; objectives; and surprises.

(I WONT RETURN FOR SOME TIME NOW. So I hope this is a productive Thread. Feel free to solicit your own alternative ideas. BUT if we can agree on mine, or another, you might find recognition for it.)

BE BACK TO DISCUSS
      QUERY #2 after the Break

The post was edited 6 times, last by ArcaneMaster ().

• Alright, well I think that was a sufficient amount of time,
      so.

I hope that idea can be applied to integrate new dungeons to the game.

But, I am a 30 year old man, and the leveling system is very Corny. Not especially or necessarily the leveling system in Albion: I am naive.
      But I could not respect myself and play Leveling Game like DESTINY or BADLANDS(as a pvp).

QUERY # 2: BALANCING

world of warcraft reset, and they didn't even Develop the leveling system. they didn't improve the plateaus. it was just, never, improved.

Why wasn't level 40 substantially more dynamic by the time they released a second expansion pack, or fourth, or... remastered?

~

So what I suggest, is that

in order to address many of the complaints I have heard and read about

about BALANCING

is that the current tiers/levels be compressed.

You would retain everything you worked for,
      but be less adept at abusing other players with it, Requiring of you, to be more skilled and advanced.

the idea is:

That you don't scale so quickly in power,
      and your power is simply, superior to the inferior levels,
      so that someone who can now wreak havoc
      would be significantly cut-down-to-size.

as if to say, level 80 in world of warcraft, was still only 60,
      and you had to go upgrade your level, 10, 20, 30, 40 & 50 tiers to make yourself reputably dynamic.

allowing Albion to in fact reach for higher tiers, in this paced fashion.

IN EFFECT
      being level 15 in a faction war with good equipment, is competitive with level 30's who haven't got the Good Dungeon Kits. It would often be better to build lower tier kits.

~~

I would hope that everyone shares any alternatives that they would suggest.
      otherwise, perhaps we can move forwards with this.

I like BUNGIE's HALO,
      and this skill orientated Tiering system i present, appeals to my roleplay interests.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ArcaneMaster ().

• ArcaneMaster wrote:

I'll take that as a sufficient community feedback to encourage the discussion. LOL XD

So as a game developer myself, the way I resolved the OPEN WOLRD development PARAMETERS was to create zones
      within zones. NOT AS DUNGEONS, but as open world maps.

ie.

when you look at the map, the current boarder would occasionally be displaced, for a larger world map,
      but often would just have a new boarder drawn on it.

& again when you open up the regional maps.

In addition to this,
      when you are in a zone
      you can take avenues that lead to new areas (or "zones") which don't need Map Representation.

By doing this, you can expand on what you had and create a PVP Strategy Element.

I would encourage this line of thinking, instead of aiming for a WORLD EXTENSION.

By doing so, any new materials, animals or mechanics can be attributed to facilitate the tech development of the in-game market, wares and experience.

~minimal effort / maximum payoff :~ Balancing; content; objectives; and surprises.

(I WONT RETURN FOR SOME TIME NOW. So I hope this is a productive Thread. Feel free to solicit your own alternative ideas. BUT if we can agree on mine, or another, you might find recognition for it.)

BE BACK TO DISCUSS
      QUERY #2 after the Break
      Isn't this the Roads of Avalon? You just explained the Roads of Avalon.
    • it is supposed to be the roads of avalon, i supposed. Onslawht

Onslawht wrote:

Isn't this the Roads of Avalon? You just explained the Roads of Avalon.
      But the point is that expansion can occur from within to address demand for space and quests. maintaining the relevance of locations, when making the game more exciting for higher tier players or the more adventurous or lore driven players.

particularly as, compressing player levels would smash players back together again too, to address almost all the whining i hear in this forum XD which i respect as having some points to it: "I work a 9-5 and play once a week," do I have any value to my team or my play experience?

I could level up with poor gear, and help, or drive a specific level for good gear. none the less participating in meaningful faction actions.

by smashing everyone together, instead of creating a new outer region.
      in other words,

that mountain (!)(?). Prove the path through it. Maybe*, the team was too weak before, but NOW, we are gods among men with our good kits, so Lets DO IT!
      That swamp(?): not so terrifying anymore; prove a path through it; prove the way.

right.. ?

The post was edited 5 times, last by ArcaneMaster ().

• Alright, so
      with due pause

I've come to stipulate about the game mechanics and combat interface of the game

with the mobile update, - which I found very intriguing, - I became concerned that ABLION had no intention to address the Combat aspect of the game.

none the less, this was a preliminary conflict of interest, as it proved when I reviewed the Player Streams on Youtube.
      none-the-less:

~~~

Firstly: SPELL VARIATIONS
      it can be absurd to ask a busy team to develop a broader inventory,

but lets look at RIOT Games LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

after a decade they have added no items to the inventory without removing sub sequential content.

how isn't it pleasing and enjoyabbble for their developers to create BALANED items, increasing their inventory by +300% so that items Can Finally Work for All Champions.
      they have 1x Damage+Amor Item, and 1x Ability Power+Magic Resist Item. Never mind just how infeccteive most champions are,
      while all their new champions are just "broken".

The point is,

If YOUR CHAMPION was forced to elect one spell or another

minor variations, such as
      greater cost, greater damage, with longer cooldown, vs Standard, or weaker, cheaper, lower cooldown
      and you couldn't revert without paying through the nose,
      would this make you feel more in power of your destiny?

Now going back to RIOT's League of Legends: Their Champions are endlessly being broken to accommodate the Dickshow that is their new champions;
      they don't develop Competitive Champions, nor design Competitive Players, ~ They make stupid OP units.

Now it's not like its complicated to take their Avatar Template and make 30 champions per month, BUT
      If they gave every champion a 4th Basic Spell
      It would be with ease that they can ensure they maintain a balance,
      and they could make it so you could get 1 to lvl 5, 2x to lvl 4, your ult with its absurd cooldown to lvl 2 and get this new ability to lvl 3 of 5.
      BUT they dont.
      League is a game we can have these expectations on. Lets not get out of hand with our Hosts here at Albion.

So the Point is, that does Variation which forces you to decide your approach, and design the manner in which you counter your rivals, Make You Feel Better?

OR, IS there a SUPERIOR Way that You would like to See the Developers Spend their Time.

Secondly: GAMBITS
      -Combos are taxing on developers,
      that's a big request.
      BUT WHAT ABOUT
      Diversity?:

Is it fair to ask players to toggle their abilities
      by holding a variety of keys
      often in unison
      to
      make basic attacks Parry Variants
      Channel Varients
      Swift Varients
      High/Low/Thrust Varients

so that you had to duel more,
      giving lower level players, an improved survivabbility
      if they are hard as nails
      and have a good connection
      to read your plays and react appropriately.

This can also be used to etc etc

I didn't even want to tell you this.
      because after a decade not 1 good thing came out of MAJOR GAMING COMPANIES
      because of their abuse of developers and contractors and poor customer service
      but My game is going to take another decaude

and if my game was the first game to come out in 20 YEARS, I'd be more ashamed I didn't say anything.
    • Alright. SO don't get me wrong. I didn't leave you enough time to respond.
      But I don't feel assured, anyone heard what I was saying.
      so feel free to listen.

the code and expectation on the developer is simple: - if this appeals to their interests, or are willing to forego their own interests for something that may appeal to a broader more enthused paying audience - ;

1.a) I can use my thumb to move arrow keys, sure. unnecessary. You can use a mouse: perhaps you are a ranged champion. or as a melee champion you prefer use of brute strength and a diverse inventory

1.b) or instead of using the right hand to toggle the number-pad
      I can use my left hand to toggle any number of keys, namely the number keys, probably.

1.c) so all this code does is require a key input, to toggle the function of other keys.

2.*)

so, I "using an axe" choose to toggle and Use a Parry Maneuver, variety LOW STRIKE and HOLD it. Now,
      by default My strikes are mute,
      I am in a poor situation.
      BUT I control the scenario.
      Let's argue you're only strike maneuver is a THRUST: you withdraw to strike; so you relieve yourself.
      SO, I can RAM you, as one of my key option. I can continue my Oppression or Suppression by debuffing you.
      Now this can be a basic option, because I don't have to plan your strike to parry you, or it Can Be a TEMPERARY COMBO option.

As we go through the motions, You may always be left with only 1 option which is SUPERIOR to My Own Arsenal,
      but my arsenal is UNTIL I move my feet to reposition myself, MUTE Debuff Maneuvers, or of poor Strike-FOOTING.

So inevitably my volley must come to an end,
      thereby making your inclination to spam a counter, invalid, because I could always just end my volley.

So,
      I end my Debuff tyrade promptly, I step back,
      giving myself footing, and hope that You Smashed your keys and are delayed,
      and wind up a CRIT Level Blow from safety of SWIFT Strikes and move in to attack you.
      But you do, of everything you can attribute, use a swift Thrust, this would debuff me:
      my 7/10 strength attack, would be countered by your 2/10 dmg attack, causing me to inflict 2.5/10
      and because I chose a heavy attack, my reaction time is now lower, and since you didn't succumb to greater damage, are able to negate similar impacts.

2.i) so, yes
      there is a mild responsibility to judge or gauge the appropriate affects
      that determine what moves are valid SUPERIORS
      have IMPLICATIONS
      conditionally altercate REACTIONS or REACTION TIME

but really. we are thinking of

6x10 attack options
      and 3x10 inventory or ability options
      or 90 Options.

and since SPELL reactions are relatively basic. they don't need a broad range of diversity. really about 4 each.

it really just comes down to dueling, and when footing is the only way to overcome a tight spot.

3.) Now that's what I have been working on. And I love it.

I am all about giving the Player the ability to stroke an audiences' ego. Make me proud to watch. By being able to relate to how awesome YOU as a player are.

now of course.

3.a) This means weapons would come in categories of LIGHT, MEDIUM and HEAVY & or LARGE, and ABSTRACT
      and I would attribute a CHANNEL or HOLD Option, to BREAK Oppression.
      the idea is it would be hard to HOLD any Weapon with a LIGHT except a LIGHT, so you would need more STRENGTH, where as HEAVY usually have LOW Close-Quarters Damage, because you have no momentum, and its just cumbersome.

~~~

So. I summoned this council for few other reasons. I have 1 other particular subject I hope to address in the near future.

Please,
      always remember,
      I am more interested in knowing if you have an alternative idea.
      I know the world can be toxic, and people steal eachother's ideas. But as a client, and enthusiast of SPORT and Videogames
      I hope you want the best for your caste. And I have no interest in your ideas;
      I just hope that you aren't subjected to my crap idea, when you covet your own superior one.
      I say this because, I know exactly how little work this actually entails for the development team.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ArcaneMaster: time your strike - plan your strike because I chose a heavy attack, my reaction time is ~~not* lower, and since you didn't succumb to greater damage, are able to negate similar impacts. because I chose a heavy attack, my reaction time is ~~NOW* lower, and since you didn't succumb to greater damage, are able to negate similar impacts. ().

• It seems like you're using some kind of translator like google translate or smth, aren't you? If you really care about the subject you're trying to discuss here I think you may want to ask somebody to translate this for you because it's too hard to understand any of this.
    • Well since I am getting no User Feedback,

neither support, critics nor contributions

I suppose I will withhold my last intended Enquiry

and forego any developments,
      pertaining to the interface, gameplay experience spirit, and content.

so, thanks all, for harbouring my insolence.
      I will, hopefully one day have a computer powerful enough to drop into Albion.
    • My best critique is that reading many of the posts is very draining. Some of hard to understand and feel very long winded. There are even moments where I am waiting for you to get to the point or simply ask the question you have in mind only to find out that its buried beneath another two paragraphs of ramblings about World of Warcraft or League.

The tittle of this thread also is very obscure so you lose the chance to bring in feed back from players who may support your ideas because they did not even notice your post. I hope to be able to offer more feed back later and so far what I managed to decipher is the following:

-You want zones to fully connect at the edges of the maps instead of having the single gateways that lead from map to map.
      -You said something about the combat needing to be more advanced by allowing you to hold down buttons to change the way attacks or and even mentioned parries?

ArcaneMaster wrote:

Firstly: SPELL VARIATIONS
      it can be absurd to ask a busy team to develop a broader inventory,

but lets look at RIOT Games LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

after a decade they have added no items to the inventory without removing sub sequential content.

how isn't it pleasing and enjoyabbble for their developers to create
      BALANED items, increasing their inventory by +300% so that items Can
      Finally Work for All Champions.
      they have 1x Damage+Amor Item, and 1x Ability Power+Magic Resist Item. Never mind just how infeccteive most champions are,
      while all their new champions are just "broken".

The point is,

If YOUR CHAMPION was forced to elect one spell or another

minor variations, such as
      greater cost, greater damage, with longer cooldown, vs Standard, or weaker, cheaper, lower cooldown
      and you couldn't revert without paying through the nose,
      would this make you feel more in power of your destiny?

-All I took from that long post is you want to remove the free form style for players to swap spells and abilities and replace it with a classical hard locked system where you choose a benefit or style for an ability and are then locked into it unless you want to pay real money to reset it. I mean that works for theme park MMO's but the main theme and appeal of AO is the classless system. Plus I don't even see how a developer could consider implementing a feature that would straight up require a full reset of player levels and all.

Ok this post is longer then I meant to do but that sums up the bits I think I understood but probably got wrong.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

-All I took from that long post is you want to remove the free form style for players to swap spells and abilities and replace it with a classical hard locked system where you choose a benefit or style for an ability and are then locked into it unless you want to pay real money to reset it. I mean that works for theme park MMO's but the main theme and appeal of AO is the classless system. Plus I don't even see how a developer could consider implementing a feature that would straight up require a full reset of player levels and all.

Ok this post is longer then I meant to do but that sums up the bits I think I understood but probably got wrong.

so with regards. The classless system shouldn't be implicated.

however, I hope you recognize that Elaborating on any idea at all at any time, is always extensive or you failed to clarify, and have essentially just shoved poop as food for thought.

~

Anyways, Since
      english people are mostly illiterate, and have adhd (can't even follow the most basic prognosis into the second idem without having a mental breakdown from intellectual fatigue), as well as that online translators are very underdeveloped so we can't reach a multilingual audience

I desist,

and wow, You should see me hammer down Pokemon Cards, Strategy Warcraft&Starcraft, and 343 Halo.

ASk me to. PLEASE
    • Maybe instead of using fancy words like poop and acting high and mighty like you are some kind of intellectual above all others, you should just speak bloody English and get to a point. You can project all you want about ADHD and illiteracy but everyone who has attempted to be a part of the conversation cannot understand you.

Either A.) everyone here who speaks English is terribly bad at it

or

B.) You need to change the way you communicate.

Also I don't need to know about your assumed skills in Pokemon to tell that you are an egocentric jackass not worth arguing with.