Red Zone is becoming Yellow Zone

• Red Zone is becoming Yellow Zone

- please lessen the yellow zone and make it redzone
      - lessen the reputation lost like 1kill equivalent of 100 reputation points only
      - nowadays blues are no longer victim in redzone rather reds
      - can you add now if how many blues in redzone? it suuucks these blues are now bullying the pk's

again redzone is 95% yellow zone
    • Yellow zone = no pvp.

You are talking about blues are bullying pks.

Now is it yellow zone or not?
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • LordNrixx wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

Yellow zone = no pvp.

You are talking about blues are bullying pks.

Now is it yellow zone or not?
      Wut?? YZ no PVP?
      i'm clearly talking about redzone that is becoming yellow zone. in simple redzone is becoming safe for blues
      How is it safe if I can die as blue?
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • LordNrixx wrote:

krazzer wrote:

For the love of god, dont turn Red zone in to black zone, i don't need 3000 hideouts in every zone, and a new R3.
      i'm not saying you turn to BZ. i'm saying make it more dangerous
      I think the reason for red zone becoming care bear land, is the expansion of royals + faction.
      One solution could be to either give caerleon faction more power, or simply make it more profitable to hard flag.
      Caerleon faction is pretty much none existent, and when they go out, they hard flag.
    • I don't think you're speaking for the Game or for what it provide to us players.

You're creating this thread based on your experience. And to simply address your point being "red zone becoming yellow zone", you're wrong. "I knew someone in my guild who gank with 15 people in Redzone and profit over 10mil in a day." What I quoted wasn't necessary true to give you Perception or an outlook to how or what is the nature of Redzone which is purely depends on players to either flag as hostile or not.

Nevertheless, Have a good hunt!
    • DemigodPerseus wrote:

I don't think you're speaking for the Game or for what it provide to us players.

You're creating this thread based on your experience. And to simply address your point being "red zone becoming yellow zone", you're wrong. "I knew someone in my guild who gank with 15 people in Redzone and profit over 10mil in a day." What I quoted wasn't necessary true to give you Perception or an outlook to how or what is the nature of Redzone which is purely depends on players to either flag as hostile or not.

Ok..
    • DemigodPerseus wrote:

I don't think you're speaking for the Game or for what it provide to us players.

I did 5 transports to caerleon yesterday on a T5 ox, max i saw was like 5 reds.
      So ya Red is dead.
    • A couple days ago I was killed twice in an hour in a red zone by groups of people who were bent on taking me down. Keep in mind, I have maxed 50k glorious reputation and was wearing t5 flat armor. I'm not what you would call a high-priority RZ target. Still, twice in an hour, two separate and unrelated groups of people, complete with multiple tackles and dps roles to ensure they get the kill, targeted and killed me for what would not have been more than 70 or 80k in loot. Sure, I'll have times when I go a little while without facing any serious threat in the red zones, which is nice because, without those times, it wouldn't be profitable to use them. But there isn't a day I go into an RZ without someone making some kind of attempt, even if it is a pathetic one. And then, given time, eventually I'll get taken down by a group of skilled players who are dedicated and skilled at their craft, even though there is nothing in it for them to gain and arguably a bit to lose.

See, I can play the anecdote game too. True story, by the way.

While I think there is certainly a place for pointing out perceived problems or what might be nice improvements for the game, threads on this particular issue are not going to influence anyone. Why? Because the devs know, better than any of us, exactly how many people play in the red zones, how many are flagged, how many are killed, who and what sort of people are killed, and what the value and consequences are of those kills. All that information is captured automatically for them and they keep up to date on it. Someone can post a thread about RZs not being risky enough, someone else can post a thread about them being worse than BZs and a cancer on the game, but the devs have percentage targets for where they would like things to fall, and have hard data on where they are regarding those targets. If you, I, or anyone else come along and post a bunch of anecdotes trying to suggest the data is something other than what they know it is, they will consider your experience a statistical outlier, and rightfully so.
    • Reputation system needs an overhaul.

But I can agree there, that ganking in the red zones while flagged up is incredibly dangerous. The risk is far greater than the reward, and people like me wait in hotspots until a skull pops up, charge over to it and then murder you to get the stuff you just looted along with the gear you already had equipped. There is no room for error in the red zones.
    • Quagga wrote:

I get you, but with the current PK system and the amount of blue, PK in RZ is almost impossible for that the reputation system takes hours of farming.
      Murdering someone does have the tendency to put a damper on one's reputation. You only get the heavy negative rep if you actually kill someone, not if they survive, and the attempt is a small amount of rep loss.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Murdering someone does have the tendency to put a damper on one's reputation. You only get the heavy negative rep if you actually kill someone, not if they survive, and the attempt is a small amount of rep loss.
      agreement, but the system did not provide for such a number of players, instead of -1000, it suggests -100. 10 times less due to 10 times more people.

and the hitting itself causes -100.
    • Quagga wrote:

agreement, but the system did not provide for such a number of players, instead of -1000, it suggests -100. 10 times less due to 10 times more people.
      and the hitting itself causes -100.
      Depends on the rep of the person you are hitting, but yes 100 if it is someone with high rep. So if you AOE on 10 people attacking you, you lose 1,000 rep. I see where you are coming from. Maybe lower the rep for attacking someone and not for the actual murder. Or 100 for hitting someone in a 30 second period.... so if you hit 1 person or 10, its the same 100 points. But changing the rep loss for actual successful murder, I don't agree.
    • Reputation system could be made much more fun and interesting.

Let players with extremely low reputation serve prison time (i'm serious) in a city of their choosing in order to steadily increase their reputation back up to neutral. Allow players to visit these prisons in the cities and watch the prisoners like they would caged animals in a zoo. Dreaded players who are killed in the royals also get to stay there for 1 minute to reflect upon their failure.

My personal philosophy is this;

Make the player killing easier, but far more humiliating to fail at.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ignisium: editted idea ().

• krazzer wrote:

LordNrixx wrote:

krazzer wrote:

For the love of god, dont turn Red zone in to black zone, i don't need 3000 hideouts in every zone, and a new R3.
      i'm not saying you turn to BZ. i'm saying make it more dangerous
      I think the reason for red zone becoming care bear land, is the expansion of royals + faction.One solution could be to either give caerleon faction more power, or simply make it more profitable to hard flag.
      Caerleon faction is pretty much none existent, and when they go out, they hard flag.
      I am stating the obvious here but the biggest problem with red zones is rep loss. Being a criminal is super inconvenient and just not something I'd want to experience. It just sucks and outright not fun.
    • I really do think there is a disconnect here.

Players that do not red flag have this conception that red flagging should be dangerous and risky, but really don't seem to identify when/if the danger and risk is too high. They view the systems in place as necessary to prevent the red zones from becoming a blood bath and too convenient for massive blobs to participate in. They see red flagged gankers as electing to take on the risk and that if its too hot that the reds should just stay out of the kitchen.

The players that red flag are saying that the system is broken. They see a growing population of non-flagged PvPers that look to fight the reds. At any given time, there are likely more non-flagged catch builds in the red zones than red flagged catch builds. Ganking with a small group often entails trying to escape from 10+ blues!

These non-flagged PvPers are also reinforced by any faction flagged parties, Hellgaters, or roads parties that are also transversing the zones. It is a high likelihood that red gankers just die when they go out and fight.

If red flagged parties grow large enough to contend with the blues, they take on a reputation penalty that quickly grows. It is not uncommon for a red party to lose 10k rep in just 1 fight!

With all of this said, many veteran players view the red gankers as vital to the overall economy. Players shouldn't be able to freely transport to Caerleon. The black market should be the reward that justifies the risk of the trip. Red gankers are one of the primary sources of content in the red zone. Burdening these players with rep grind after rep grind is absurd, especially when you account for the disadvantage many red flagged gankers faces in the zones nowadays.