New Fire Q still garbo compared to frost

• Combat Balance
    • New Fire Q still garbo compared to frost

Tested out the new fire Q and I don't think SBI is giving fire staffs enough love.

The Q is underpowered because it is not aoe and is intended appearently for single target damage, but guess what? Frost Q "Ice shard" will still deal more damage regardless of any situation, aoe or single target damage.
      I suspect that the reasoning behind this is becauce of the fact that the new Fire Q "Searing flame" does not synergize well with any cloth armor, just like how frost pairs well with Scholar robe or Royal robe.
      Honestly as a fire guy, I am genuinely disappointed of this new Q because I hardly even imagine it of being utilized for crystals due to the fact that it will deal less damage overall compared to any weapons in the meta.
      Good luck hitting the backline or dealing enough damage to the frontline with this new laughingstock Q. That is if you can connect them all because regardless it still less damage than the others.
      I would have had appreciated the ability a little bit more if only SBI had made the ability more aoe and atleast have fire stacks that actually provides real threat like curse does. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Recall that the new fire Q was intended to make fire stand side by side with frost. Yet right now fire is somehow still inferior in terms of dps and versatility in any situations.
      I suggest that fire staffs in general needs more damage to atleast stand at the opposite side of frost that are supposed to be focused more on CC.
      Seeing that the frost deals more damage and cc somehow than fire so far, leads me to give a thumbsdown to the effort of the balancing team of SBI

The post was edited 2 times, last by KilledSKill ().

• New Fire Q still garbo compared to frost

Tested out the new fire Q and I don't think SBI is giving fire staffs enough love.

The Q is underpowered because it is not aoe and is intended appearently for single target damage, but guess what? Frost Q "Ice shard" will still deal more damage regardless of any situation, aoe or single target damage.
      I suspect that the reasoning behind this is becauce of the fact that the new Fire Q "Searing flame" does not synergize well with any cloth armor, just like how frost pairs well with Scholar robe or Royal robe.
      Honestly as a fire guy, I am genuinely disappointed of this new Q because I hardly even imagine it of being utilized for crystals due to the fact that it will deal less damage overall compared to any weapons in the meta.
      Good luck hitting the backline or dealing enough damage to the frontline with this new laughingstock Q. That is if you can connect them all because regardless it still less damage than the others.
      I would have had appreciated the ability a little bit more if only SBI had made the ability more aoe and atleast have fire stacks that actually provides real threat like curse does.

Recall that the new fire Q was intended to make fire stand side by side with frost. Yet right now fire is somehow still inferior in terms of dps and versatility in any situations.
      I suggest that fire staffs in general needs more damage to atleast stand at the opposite side of frost that are supposed to be focused more on CC.
      Seeing that the frost deals more damage and cc somehow than fire so far, leads me to give a thumbsdown to the effort of the balancing team of SBI
    • Gabumon wrote:

On the other hand the "big Q" deals A LOT of damage if you can pull it of.

Gabumon wrote:

KilledSKill wrote:

Can big Q Shred tanks? compared to Regular bow or Scholar robe + Ice shard?
      It hits for roughly triple the damage of an Ice Shard, so maybe?
      It's not even double the damage. And you need to HIT the first 3q's to gain a chance with a bigger cast time to hit the 4th Q. and it's a single target.