Axes - Rending strike buff

• Small-scale/Solo PvP
    • Axes - Rending strike buff

Rending strike is such a bad abillity. If you fight in meleee with an axe after 2 or 3 uses the oponent will just walk away and kite you without any problems.
      Add 15% movement speed increase for 2 seconds after rending strike use.
      This would make axes much better in 1v1 situations and it would tie in the weapon identity nicely. A sticky bruiser that is bad at kiting/running away.
    • ziigii wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

pro tip : dont auto attack
      Sure thing. It helps get annother q before I still get kited due to standtime.
      Is there any counter argument to this or does everyone just hate axes?
      No one hate axes, they are a ok weapon; that was meta in every 5s, 10s, 2s, for more than 9 months, and like 3 months on 1v1 (Runnner BP, or E-Run bearpaws).

If you don't wanna get kited easily don't play like a berserk no brainer. Everyweapon should have a hardcounters, isn't the case, but its OK that frost hardcounter axes.
      Some tips are; against bow with Q1 or any push skill like cowls, walk on the side of the walls, to avoid the full push on you; you will get push; yes, but not the full "x" mt.
      Tips against most plate stun rats; break.
      Tip against frost; break or force them to chase you so they waste the W to chase

Being melee without to much dashes its hard; not the case of Daggers or common spear. But it is what it is
    • HIDKstr wrote:

No one hate axes, they are a ok weapon; that was meta in every 5s, 10s, 2s, for more than 9 months, and like 3 months on 1v1 (Runnner BP, or E-Run bearpaws).

If you don't wanna get kited easily don't play like a berserk no brainer. Everyweapon should have a hardcounters, isn't the case, but its OK that frost hardcounter axes.
      Some tips are; against bow with Q1 or any push skill like cowls, walk on the side of the walls, to avoid the full push on you; you will get push; yes, but not the full "x" mt.
      Tips against most plate stun rats; break.
      Tip against frost; break or force them to chase you so they waste the W to chase

Being melee without to much dashes its hard; not the case of Daggers or common spear. But it is what it
      Rending strike buff would only affect 1v1 scenarios. It is one of the weakest q spells in the game. It's outdamaged by any damage orianted q spell and it has no utillity on top of that (besides the 12% heal debuff which on one target is laughably weak).

And this coupled with bad w spells for 1v1 besides adrenaline which is solid and aoe e spells on every single axe makes it nearly impossible to 1v1. Axe ended up being a weapon that just rushes in and hopes for a kill before being kited.

Sure bow hardcounters the axe but i'm getting kited by quarterstaff, hammer, curse, dagger - pretty much anyone with any cc or a dash. Getting completely counterd by any cowl with pushback is not fun for any axe player.

Axe is nowhere to be found in CD rankings, besides bearpaws which have an overtuned e and this is the only reason any axe even stands a chance.

Currently rending strike is garbage and useless in every situation except maybe dueling in the town. 15% ms wouldn't do much but would at least make it so people can't just walk away and kite without any slow, knockback, movement buff or a dash.

Yous say I shouldn't play like a berserk no brainer. How should I play then? Activate adrenaline rush and kite on a weak buff? Or use deadly chop and get kited to oblivion?

The post was edited 2 times, last by ziigii ().

• rending strike used to be the single target choice of axe tree cause it hits hard for a 2 Sec cooldown skill allowing you to stack bleeds reasonably fast

then changes to rending swing and the new rending rage happened

rending swing deals more damage in sweet spot and rending rage allow you to stack 3 bleeds very fast
      and both are aoe
      making it out shadow rending strike by a large margin in real combat

granted it has fallen out of favor but it is still a reasonable skill to use if your target stays still.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • HIDKstr wrote:

Sure, DOTs aren't OP for axes, sure... q trash sure sure
      Axe q is op when you get the bleed on MULTIPLE PEOPLE. On single target it just sucks. For 1v1 it's overnerfed and useless.

If there are no buffs to 1v1 playstyle on axe, they could remove single target q alltogather and make axes purely aoe and 5v5+ weapon tree. If this was the case I would never have even levelled axes.

As it stands it is the worst q abillity in the game and I'd swap it for any other.
    • ziigii wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

Axe q is op when you get the bleed on MULTIPLE PEOPLE. On single target it just sucks. For 1v1 it's overnerfed and useless.
      If there are no buffs to 1v1 playstyle on axe, they could remove single target q alltogather and make axes purely aoe and 5v5+ weapon tree. If this was the case I would never have even levelled axes.

As it stands it is the worst q abillity in the game and I'd swap it for any other.
      Litteraly DOTs on axes make axes the only melee that can play mercenary jacket.
    • HIDKstr wrote:

ziigii wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

Axe q is op when you get the bleed on MULTIPLE PEOPLE. On single target it just sucks. For 1v1 it's overnerfed and useless.If there are no buffs to 1v1 playstyle on axe, they could remove single target q alltogather and make axes purely aoe and 5v5+ weapon tree. If this was the case I would never have even levelled axes.

Litteraly DOTs on axes make axes the only melee that can play mercenary jacket.
      Litteraly DOTs on curse make curse the only caster that can play mercenary jacket.

Nice strawman dude.
    • pretty sure axes were on the top of the leader boards due to "aoe damage" the time where the dot damage hit harder and the anti heal was higher

daggers second because blood letter exist

swords and spears was very low on the leader board until they buffed spears and now swords
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

swords and spears was very low on the leader board until they buffed spears and now swords
      Swords? This patch is not helpfull for swords at all, many people tested them and nothing change to much. New clarent lack of dmg, duals got nerfed and yeah people test it and kingmaker keeps shitty like it is.

This patch 9 is taking so so so long and im sure swords gonna keep underground the next days until they decide to take out the patch....
    • HIDKstr wrote:

and kingsmaker its ok for 10v10/20v20, wdym xD. Do they test in what? DMGmetter? or what
      Do you prefer for do some decent DPS, snare an enemy, buff allies the Kingsmaker over Ava Axe? Oatkeeper? Ava quarterstaff? Ava canon? Ava bow? Ava hammer? Ava ETC ETC ETC ?????

Why someone gonna pick this sword if any other wep can do a better job and be more helpfull??

Only the Kingmaker is the one that have a condition and is the "Heroic Charges", keep and have the heroics charges for use them to clap an enemy is so hard and thats why you never see someone using it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MrDaS ().