Axes - Rending strike buff

• Small-scale/Solo PvP
    • Yes so if you wanted a weapon to work for 1v1 better then you focus on that weapon specifically and how it can be improved for your 1v1 scenario. Just requesting a buff for 1 ability won't make the weapon work, you want to look at its overall toolkit and how it can be applied in 1v1 scenarios. With full consideration of how it would be abused (and how it can be prevented to be abused)
    • j0ei wrote:

Yes so if you wanted a weapon to work for 1v1 better then you focus on that weapon specifically and how it can be improved for your 1v1 scenario. Just requesting a buff for 1 ability won't make the weapon work, you want to look at its overall toolkit and how it can be applied in 1v1 scenarios. With full consideration of how it would be abused (and how it can be prevented to be abused)
      Why would you think I didn't considder that? The explanations are on the first page of this thread.

This buff wouldn't even make axes that great in 1v1. It would just make them less awkward and maybe a bit more in line with other weapons but still probably the worst melee weapons for 1v1.

The dreaded bearpaws that are so opressive in 1v1 have 20-40% winrate in cd against every weapon but other axes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• And you seriously believe that adding a movement speed buff on a single-target Q is going to make it way better? A lot of people extremely disagree with anything related to ms buffs because everyone knows how much rats can easily abuse that system.

If you wanted movement speed bonuses on Q ability just play swords no?
    • if i were to buff the rending strike skill based on feed back

i would either
      1) buff its cast range
      2) or make hits with this skill reduce resist (behave like sunder armor)

1) would allow axe player an easier time to deal damage to moving targets
      2) would reward players for getting up close and successfully sticking to their targets

any thoughts on the direction of this changes?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • The_Support_God wrote:

1) buff its cast range
      This could work, however axes are melee so it would be a wierd change

The_Support_God wrote:

2) or make hits with this skill reduce resist (behave like sunder armor)
      This one I would disagree with. Making it an abillity that is just like a dagger q with an bleed upside would be bad. Also the kiting issue would remain.

j0ei wrote:

And you seriously believe that adding a movement speed buff on a single-target Q is going to make it way better? A lot of people extremely disagree with anything related to ms buffs because everyone knows how much rats can easily abuse that system.
      I believe it would make enough of a change where you could veawe in some autos if your opponent is walking away. Right now if the enemy decides to disengage a losing fight and starts walking away I need to drop the autos to stay in range with the q. This drops my damage so much that pretty much anyone can just walk away for a few seconds get their cds and escape without a problem. The rats would get little to nothing with this change since the ms buff would be only 2 seconds. This would discourage you from going from the shortest route to hit a bat in cd just to get ms buff for 2 seconds. Swords that get 9% for 6 seconds which stacks have a good incentive to do this. 15% for 2 sec would be to low.

You can also see how much of a nerf it is to adrenaline boost to need to hit something to keep the buff. This would work in a simmilar way. Good for sticking to a target and bad for running away.

j0ei wrote:

If you wanted movement speed bonuses on Q ability just play swords no?
      Give me a free full respec on axes and I will switch to swords today!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• My 3 best suggestions for a buff on rending strike would be

3) buffing the damage. This would bring it more in line with other weapons in terms of dps. But you would still get kited easily and this is what makes axes feel bad to play.

2) 15% slow for 2 seconds. Slow could be a good option but it doesn't seem to be the axes flavor to cc the enemy.

1) 15% ms for 2 seconds as sudgested.
    • If raw move speed is bad since it can be used to run

then how about only gain movespeed towards bleeding targets?

this way it cannot be used for running only chasing
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • The_Support_God wrote:

If raw move speed is bad since it can be used to run

then how about only gain movespeed towards bleeding targets?

this way it cannot be used for running only chasing
      I don't know if they have that kind of directional detection in the game. Could be tricky to code and implement.
      And all 3 q spells apply bleeding so it would be kind of wierd if you only got ms passive while using the first q.

I would be happy with this kind of change.
    • direction buffs has been done for league of legends and dota2 before

also you say weird?
      spear charges for Q1 dont give increased attack range. only Q2 does

same goes for dagger.
      Q2 deadly swipe increase damage dealt but not damage taken per assassin spirit unlike Q3 of daggers

• The_Support_God wrote:

direction buffs has been done for league of legends and dota2 before

also you say weird?
      spear charges for Q1 dont give increased attack range. only Q2 does

same goes for dagger.
      Q2 deadly swipe increase damage dealt but not damage taken per assassin spirit unlike Q3 of daggers
      Direction buffs do exist but in a game where they don't it could be hard to get it working. It could be glitchy and buggy. In other words a lot of work for devs.

Those are self buffs tied to skills. For axes they could maybe add a buff that lasts for 2 seconds after rending strike use which gives 15% ms while moving towards a bleeding enemy. This makes sence more than just flat out a passive. It's just a bit complicated but a good solution to the problem.
    • Just rollback some of damage of rending strike would be good to 1v1 users since there was bleed damage nerf, instant damage nerf, healing decrement nerf.

or Damage buff only works when there's already 3 bleed stacks for rending strike, and 1.5 sec of 15% movement decrement would be good.