Axes - Rending strike buff

    • Small-scale/Solo PvP
    • HIDKstr wrote:

      1/4 Melees can play mercenary jacket correctly (for the dots); Axes
      Axes are the n3 best melee dps (Spear, Dagger, Axe, Sword)
      They will get buff on Q3, W2...

      And you want this:

      "Add 15% movement speed increase for 2 seconds after rending strike use."

      ????
      Proposing a buff to worst single target q abillity in the game? How dare I?

      Axes are great in 5v5 and bigger fights and shit in 1v1. Axes are the worst 1v1 melee weapon tree. So tell me how a rending strike buff is going to impact the axe player in a 5v5 or bigger fight?

      Everyone is saying how axes do good in 5v5 but who uses rending strike in 5v5?

      THE PROPOSED BUFF WAS FOR RENDING STRIKE NOT THE WHOLE AXE TREE!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

    • ziigii wrote:

      Ohh no no no you mean the Q that got claymore 3 months of full meta, pepega
      What do you know. Another strawman.

      Yes that sword q is getting buffed. And now it's time to buff the axe q.

      Ok, i get you, not trashtalking and blabla, isn't strawman.
      Claymore its ez countereable, the only "meta" was claymore being the 2nd most used weapond after XbowKiter, the Claymore just go on crystals and prestacked.

      Did you even played CDS in that time?
      Dont come with fake facts bro, Claymore was never meta, was never broken asf, the only "Meta sword" was 2 Sword (Claymore + Carving) and then 1handed sword (Those three on 5V5s) The 2sword lasted like 1month and 2 weeks, cause Cursed was better than Carving, and about broad, axes were better, broad lasted like 2-3 weeks on high use.

      About CDS
      Claymore without prestacking isn't strong, and even prestacking it was ez to counter, the nerf was ok (From 15m to 13mt). The Q nerf wasn't, and now its ok again, isn't a buff like a gift, its litteraly a reverted nerf

      Yeah, stop talking without facts pls. I play daggers swords and axes for more than 1 year and yeah, the worst Q on melees is Swords. Yeah the single-target on axes its ok.

      Axes don't need more buffs, just adjust like the adjust that will come on Q3 and W2.
      If we talk about specific ones maybe we need some reworks, sure.

      If you read the old NDA changes, almost everything on axes got nerfed, for reasons of course, the only thing that i find idiot on the changes was the W5 nerf. Qs are pretty much ok.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by HIDKstr ().

    • HIDKstr wrote:

      Ok, i get you, not trashtalking and blabla, isn't strawman.
      Claymore its ez countereable, the only "meta" was claymore being the 2nd most used weapond after XbowKiter, the Claymore just go on crystals and prestacked.

      Did you even played CDS in that time?
      Dont come with fake facts bro, Claymore was never meta, was never broken asf, the only "Meta sword" was 2 Sword (Claymore + Carving) and then 1handed sword (Those three on 5V5s) The 2sword lasted like 1month and 2 weeks, cause Cursed was better than Carving, and about broad, axes were better, broad lasted like 2-3 weeks on high use.

      About CDS
      Claymore without prestacking isn't strong, and even prestacking it was ez to counter, the nerf was ok (From 15m to 13mt). The Q nerf wasn't, and now its ok again, isn't a buff like a gift, its litteraly a reverted nerf

      Yeah, stop talking without facts pls. I play daggers swords and axes for more than 1 year and yeah, the worst Q on melees is Swords. Yeah the single-target on axes its ok.

      Axes don't need more buffs, just adjust like the adjust that will come on Q3 and W2.
      If we talk about specific ones maybe we need some reworks, sure.

      If you read the old NDA changes, almost everything on axes got nerfed, for reasons of course, the only thing that i find idiot on the changes was the W5 nerf. Qs are pretty much ok.
      Strawman is when you don't adress the real point of the argument but pull some random fact that has nothing to do with what I said and then claim that this random fact invalidates my whole argument.

      This is exactly what you did. Twice.

      Swords were nerfed because they were opressive in cd. If you deny that you are delusional since swords were nowhere to be seen but the cd before the nerfs. And this is a fact.

      Swords are getting buffed, and in a way that will make them stronger in 1v1 and small scale. While they are doing solid in 1v1. Not great but much better than axes for sure.

      Axes are getting buffed in a way that will make them stronger in 5v5 and bigger fights. All the while axes are solid in 5v5. And are absolute worst melee weapon for 1v1. This is the main point of my argument and you continue to ignore it and do not adress it at all. And saying "well axes used to be op in 1v1" makes 0 sence since they are garbage at this very moment. And I didn't ask for buffs while they were op.

      So why are you against a buff that would maybe put axes int he middle of the viabillity of melee weapons when it comes to 1v1 combat? And why are you ok with buffs that will push axes even further in 5v5 and bigger fights potentially making them opressive and causing the next nerfs to hit?

      I honestly wonder if you can answer these two questions or if you will pull out another strawman...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

    • -3% movespeed and attack speed nerf
      was done probably because of sword's ability to run away when there was nothing to keep sword's ability to reset in check

      but this nerf did not do anything because the offenders of hyper mobility was out there still at large at the time of this minor nerf so it put swords in a worst spot than it already is for other content. ahem... pre nerf hallowfall, tombhammer, chill howl . sword could not beat those

      but after many item buffs and changes and with the new CD changes coming soon we will see how it will affect the meta

      the nerf revert was a good idea to buff swords back to its proper place

      also this thread is about rending strike, how it turned into swords thread
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • As much of an axe-enjoyer that I am, I would have to disagree with you.

      Axes are by no means "weak" for 1v1s, its weapon toolkit just leans in favor of the group-fighting scenario.

      And you also still have the "Battleaxe" for 1v1s, there is no further need to buff rending strike because Retroman has done all axe-tree a favor and actually improved the rending-rage Q3 - this is the only ability in the axe Q slot that allows the player to get 3-full stacks of bleeds in an AOE cone within literally 1.5-2 seconds for the upcoming buff + it provides a root and has a jump to allow you to stick to your targets.

      You also have the adrenaline rush to combo with your attacks to allow you to have extra mobility, attack-speed and damage.
    • j0ei wrote:

      there is no further need to buff rending strike because Retroman has done all axe-tree a favor and actually improved the rending-rage Q3
      This is like saying that there is no need for battle rush buff since you have adrenaline boost on axes. But for some odd reason it is getting buffed.

      j0ei wrote:

      Axes are by no means "weak" for 1v1s, its weapon toolkit just leans in favor of the group-fighting scenario.
      They are weaker than every other melee weapon and this buff would not make them the strongest 1v1 weapons anyway. It would just bring them in line with other melee weapons.
    • ziigii wrote:

      This is like saying that there is no need for battle rush buff since you have adrenaline boost on axes. But for some odd reason it is getting buffed.
      Not really - since Battle Rush excels in group-fights in general - while Adrenaline boost offers more damage etc.

      Both abilities have their uses except nobody wants to use Battle Rush when there's much better second slot options - hence, it is getting buffs


      ziigii wrote:

      They are weaker than every other melee weapon and this buff would not make them the strongest 1v1 weapons anyway. It would just bring them in line with other melee weapons.
      That's the main point of buffing them, so they can be "in-line" with other melee weapons. Nobody cares about making axes the best 1v1 weapon either, it's just the corrupted dungeon players and the rats that come with it.
    • j0ei wrote:

      Not really - since Battle Rush excels in group-fights in general - while Adrenaline boost offers more damage etc.

      Both abilities have their uses except nobody wants to use Battle Rush when there's much better second slot options - hence, it is getting buffs

      Not really - since Rending strike excels in 1v1-fights in general - while Rending rage offers more utillity etc.

      Both abilities have their uses except nobody wants to use Rending strike when there's much better options - but it's not getting buffs


      How am I doing here?

      j0ei wrote:

      That's the main point of buffing them, so they can be "in-line" with other melee weapons. Nobody cares about making axes the best 1v1 weapon either, it's just the corrupted dungeon players and the rats that come with it.
      I care. As do others who put months into leveling a weapon tree to see it butchered for the content they enjoy. I dont want axes to be the best 1v1 weapons but I hate to se them at the bottom and be unplayable.
    • ziigii wrote:

      I care. As do others who put months into leveling a weapon tree to see it butchered for the content they enjoy. I dont want axes to be the best 1v1 weapons but I hate to se them at the bottom and be unplayable.
      this, is why i quit the game, i have 700/700 axe and also 700/700 mace, for maces, i dont like its 1v1 strategy, as for axes, i like battleaxe, so i switched to another game that is superrior to this game: :)
    • ziigii wrote:

      Not really - since Rending strike excels in 1v1-fights in general - while Rending rage offers more utillity etc.

      Both abilities have their uses except nobody wants to use Rending strike when there's much better options - but it's not getting buffs


      How am I doing here?

      j0ei wrote:

      That's the main point of buffing them, so they can be "in-line" with other melee weapons. Nobody cares about making axes the best 1v1 weapon either, it's just the corrupted dungeon players and the rats that come with it.
      I care. As do others who put months into leveling a weapon tree to see it butchered for the content they enjoy. I dont want axes to be the best 1v1 weapons but I hate to se them at the bottom and be unplayable.
      Yeah and just because rending strike doesn't get a buff it does not make an entire weapon tree "unplayable" it is playable. It works in 1v1, smallscale and largescale. You are pretty much just overexaggerating in this case
    • j0ei wrote:

      Yeah and just because rending strike doesn't get a buff it does not make an entire weapon tree "unplayable" it is playable. It works in 1v1, smallscale and largescale. You are pretty much just overexaggerating in this case
      It's playable if you want to solo pve.

      Anyway, if you don't care about solo pvp/cd why do you even comment here? How will rending stike buff negatively impact your gameplay?

      You gave no explanation to your comments about "axes being fine in 1v1". I don't see it. Where are these solo pvp/cd axe players that are doing fine and need no buffs?
    • Sevolak wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      I care. As do others who put months into leveling a weapon tree to see it butchered for the content they enjoy. I dont want axes to be the best 1v1 weapons but I hate to se them at the bottom and be unplayable.
      this, is why i quit the game, i have 700/700 axe and also 700/700 mace, for maces, i dont like its 1v1 strategy, as for axes, i like battleaxe, so i switched to another game that is superrior to this game: :)
      I have 500/700 in axes and after adrenaline nerfs I switched to curse. It is outperforming axes by a huge margin even tho I only have 90 spec in it. And i'm burnt out from pve grind so I don't see myself comming back to it. Leveling something to 700/700 seems like such a waste of time when SBI destroys the weapons for the content you used to play. 100 spec is the max I will ever be going for in the future.
    • ziigii wrote:

      j0ei wrote:

      Yeah and just because rending strike doesn't get a buff it does not make an entire weapon tree "unplayable" it is playable. It works in 1v1, smallscale and largescale. You are pretty much just overexaggerating in this case
      It's playable if you want to solo pve.
      Anyway, if you don't care about solo pvp/cd why do you even comment here? How will rending stike buff negatively impact your gameplay?

      You gave no explanation to your comments about "axes being fine in 1v1". I don't see it. Where are these solo pvp/cd axe players that are doing fine and need no buffs?
      Axes (Bear Paws) were meta in CD about a few months ago until people cried in the forums about how "broken" it is then Retroman nerfed Axes and now here we are. All because of these corrupted players that adrenaline boost was nerfed, if they didnt use it to do infinite resets in corrupted dungeon then the axe tree would still be such a great weapon tree for open world and solo pvp.

      And you are here saying it is "unplayable" when it's completely viable but just not the most optimal, it just isn't the best 1v1 or solo pvp weapon tree at all, and it's not even about whether the ability being buffed is something that can negatively impact any content's gameplay, it's about the fact that OTHER weapons need looking into just as much as this one.

      Also, you can't expect every weapon tree to have a weapon that is amazing in solo pvp, that's just how it is in Albion Online. You switch to a weapon tree that fits perfectly for the content you are playing most of the time.
    • j0ei wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      j0ei wrote:

      Yeah and just because rending strike doesn't get a buff it does not make an entire weapon tree "unplayable" it is playable. It works in 1v1, smallscale and largescale. You are pretty much just overexaggerating in this case
      It's playable if you want to solo pve.Anyway, if you don't care about solo pvp/cd why do you even comment here? How will rending stike buff negatively impact your gameplay?

      You gave no explanation to your comments about "axes being fine in 1v1". I don't see it. Where are these solo pvp/cd axe players that are doing fine and need no buffs?
      Axes (Bear Paws) were meta in CD about a few months ago until people cried in the forums about how "broken" it is then Retroman nerfed Axes and now here we are. All because of these corrupted players that adrenaline boost was nerfed, if they didnt use it to do infinite resets in corrupted dungeon then the axe tree would still be such a great weapon tree for open world and solo pvp.
      And you are here saying it is "unplayable" when it's completely viable but just not the most optimal, it just isn't the best 1v1 or solo pvp weapon tree at all, and it's not even about whether the ability being buffed is something that can negatively impact any content's gameplay, it's about the fact that OTHER weapons need looking into just as much as this one.

      Also, you can't expect every weapon tree to have a weapon that is amazing in solo pvp, that's just how it is in Albion Online. You switch to a weapon tree that fits perfectly for the content you are playing most of the time.
      And I see no reason at all for this buff not to get trough. You made no real point for why this buff is a bad idea. Your point is "that's how it is in albion".

      Hopefully Retroman doesn't listen to people like you and buffs unused and weak spells.
    • ziigii wrote:

      And I see no reason at all for this buff not to get trough. You made no real point for why this buff is a bad idea. Your point is "that's how it is in albion".
      Hopefully Retroman doesn't listen to people like you and buffs unused and weak spells.
      So you're hoping that only the weapons that "YOU" play deserve to get buffed instead of the other weapons that could use the same treatment (condition being it's unused and weak)

      I hope Retroman doesn't listen to people like you who are biased and think only about their own personal gains.

      It's not our problem that you didn't spec up other weapons btw, some players who have spent their time and maxed every weapon tree are having a good time being able to use any kind of weapon when they want.
    • Sorry but, unlike you I am an advocate for "Balanced" gameplay, I would rather have SBI push updates to make all its weapon trees viable and desirable instead of 1-weapon tree dominating in ALL aspects including 1v1s

      Requesting to buff a single-target ability will only start the chain for the others to request the same for the other weapons resulting into a lot of players complaining x and y is overtuned and then Retroman will again, nerf the weapon tree to death. No thanks, we've seen this movie a hundred times already.

      we ALL know how good Rending Spin was for group content to the point that Retroman nerfed axes bleed damage + healing reduction AND the radius of the rending spin ability from 6m to 5m (even made it so that bleeds would only apply to targets hit in the outer ring which is one of the biggest yikes - but thanks to the efforts of the caring community of veteran albion players that the distance-based bleed application was removed but that was as far as it goes.
    • j0ei wrote:

      So you're hoping that only the weapons that "YOU" play deserve to get buffed instead of the other weapons that could use the same treatment (condition being it's unused and weak)
      I can speak for the weapons I play and can't say if others should get buffs.

      j0ei wrote:

      I hope Retroman doesn't listen to people like you who are biased and think only about their own personal gains.
      I didn't ask for buffs when axes were playable in solo or small scale content.

      j0ei wrote:

      It's not our problem that you didn't spec up other weapons btw, some players who have spent their time and maxed every weapon tree are having a good time being able to use any kind of weapon when they want.
      But it is a problem when someone spends manny hours leveling a weapon and then that weapon gets overnerfed. You get three months down the drain and a good chance that the player will quit. I doubt SBI is going for this.

      j0ei wrote:

      Sorry but, unlike you I am an advocate for "Balanced" gameplay, I would rather have SBI push updates to make all its weapon trees viable and desirable instead of 1-weapon tree dominating in ALL aspects including 1v1s
      I'm not about balanced content either. But I would like to see at least some representation of every weapon in every type of content. If it is benefitial to go for 700/700 then you should have at least one of the 7 weapons do decently in content you play. Otherwise why have 7 weapons in a tree if all 7 are made for lets say 5v5 fights?

      j0ei wrote:

      Requesting to buff a single-target ability will only start the chain for the others to request the same for the other weapons resulting into a lot of players complaining x and y is overtuned and then Retroman will again, nerf the weapon tree to death. No thanks, we've seen this movie a hundred times already.
      Isn't this the overpowered/underpowered items section of the forum? What do you post here if not requests for bufs/nerfs?
      Also if Retroman buffs axes why does that mean that other weapons won't get buffed?