Off hand shield needs a spell

• Combat Balance
    • Off hand shield needs a spell

Currently the 1H meta is taproot and mystcaller while shield is pretty terrible in all aspects of the game, try it with cloth you'll see what i mean. So my suggestion is to give it a soldier helm type effect which actually brings something to a players defence.

Yeah it's an extra button so what
    • Muisak, taproot & cryptcandle sure are nice but the thing OP is really forgetting is that reg shield is very cheap compared to the others. That's its purpose in this game as a starter item, no need for more than that. Heck it's the cheapest shield period & honestly doesn't give the worst stats. Whenever I wanted to tryout solo ganking as a cursed way back when I was newer to pvp I'd kinda need to use shield on 1h staff in the long run as using muisak would eventually break my economy. Something like a taproot not every player can afford to just waste away as that item can be worth an entire armor + weapon build alone.

My question to u is why do ya think shield needs an ability? It's not bad at all on cloth either but if you're going cloth you want burst, not a shield so if you can afford a cryptcandle or taproot, how about u try using muisak instead? Also there's a shield called an Aegis shield which at one point would've been considered meta if it didn't become so expensive on very specific builds. Guess try that one too if u have the silver.

oh also forgot to mention that if devs would add an ability to it guess what? Now it's not the cheapo shield you'd be able to pop on and not care about dying with essentially making one wonder why go shield in the first place........when there's muisak taproot cryptcandle....so no don't add anything to it devs the players who need it will keep on using it as is.
      Believe in the cloth

The post was edited 1 time, last by rottencheese ().

• rottencheese wrote:

Muisak, taproot & cryptcandle sure are nice but the thing OP is really forgetting is that reg shield is very cheap compared to the others. That's its purpose in this game as a starter item, no need for more than that. Heck it's the cheapest shield period & honestly doesn't give the worst stats. Whenever I wanted to tryout solo ganking as a cursed way back when I was newer to pvp I'd kinda need to use shield on 1h staff in the long run as using muisak would eventually break my economy. Something like a taproot not every player can afford to just waste away as that item can be worth an entire armor + weapon build alone.

My question to u is why do ya think shield needs an ability? It's not bad at all on cloth either but if you're going cloth you want burst, not a shield so if you can afford a cryptcandle or taproot, how about u try using muisak instead? Also there's a shield called an Aegis shield which at one point would've been considered meta if it didn't become so expensive on very specific builds. Guess try that one too if u have the silver.
      i've tried shield a fair bit recently in dungeons and duelling on my island. the damage reduction and effectiveness is pitiful especially on sword cloth builds. I just think a shield should be a great item not a visual gimmick. Right now u can't use it in pvp or u risk gimping yourself. I personally think a soldier helm type spell would bring a great addition to the game. Just an opinion anyway
    • BraveArt wrote:

rottencheese wrote:

Muisak, taproot & cryptcandle sure are nice but the thing OP is really forgetting is that reg shield is very cheap compared to the others. That's its purpose in this game as a starter item, no need for more than that. Heck it's the cheapest shield period & honestly doesn't give the worst stats. Whenever I wanted to tryout solo ganking as a cursed way back when I was newer to pvp I'd kinda need to use shield on 1h staff in the long run as using muisak would eventually break my economy. Something like a taproot not every player can afford to just waste away as that item can be worth an entire armor + weapon build alone.

i've tried shield a fair bit recently in dungeons and duelling on my island. the damage reduction and effectiveness is pitiful especially on sword cloth builds. I just think a shield should be a great item not a visual gimmick. Right now u can't use it in pvp or u risk gimping yourself. I personally think a soldier helm type spell would bring a great addition to the game. Just an opinion anyway
      Hopefully this thread will explain why its so bad.

Random Albion Fun Facts( Key points)

Defense versus mobs/players Bugged stat?
    • BraveArt wrote:

Currently the 1H meta is taproot and mystcaller while shield is pretty terrible in all aspects of the game, try it with cloth you'll see what i mean. So my suggestion is to give it a soldier helm type effect which actually brings something to a players defence.

Yeah it's an extra button so what
      Shields are great, especially in small scale pvp on melee bruiser like the bloodletter, spear, 1h curse... Facebreaker, avalonian shields are the most used in pvp