Corrupted dungeon Reset removal change

• Corrupted Dungeons
    • Corrupted dungeon Reset removal change

Ok so i'm talking about the below intended changes.. I think this will break CD in such a way it won't be played and its pretty obvious bows and maces will use this change as a play style. These changes are to address a so called reset meta, the problem is these changes won't be used as intended. Most classes will have to play to the rules but then you have bows, maces, Qstaffs who will just tap and run u until the mobs spawn, then they will tap u more until the mobs kill u. The fact that SBI cannot see this forthcoming is mind boggling. Anyway don't say you haven't been warned. You could kill off a lot of players with this change

To address the "reset meta" (i.e. hit-and-run strategies where players run from fights indefinitely to reset cooldowns and switch abilities), a new mob has been introduced to Corrupted Dungeons. The goal is to still allow for a few disengages to change abilities, adjust tactics, and not have the fight narrowed to one single encounter, while also adding a penalty if players keep continuously resetting.

This mob only spawns into Corrupted Dungeons after an invasion has gone on for some time, as the intention is to improve the quality of PvP by avoiding prolonged fights, and not to interfere with players who attempt to escape immediately.
      • During an invasion, a new mob, the Corrupted Mephit, now spawns in every corridor and applies a stacking debuff to the first player passing it
      • Mob Spawn Conditions:
        • 180 seconds have passed since the invasion began on Slayer difficulty or 300 seconds on other difficulties, AND
        • one player has damaged another player
      • Mob Behavior:
        • Appears in every corridor
        • When a player enters the mob's aggro range, the mob attacks and applies one stack of the "Corruption" debuff, killing itself in the process
        • The mob can see invisible players
        • The buff is always applied, even when invincible
        • After 30 seconds, the mob respawns
        • Mobs that respawn can immediately aggro the closest player
        • If both players go 45 seconds without damaging each other, all these mobs temporarily despawn
        • As soon as one player damages another again, the mob respawn cycle restarts
      • Corruption Debuff:
        • Reduces Max Health by 1% per stack
        • Additionally slows by 1% per stack beginning with the 6th stack
        • Max Stacks: 25
        • Duration: the entire Invasion
    • Just avoid the corridors and force them to move to them.

I can see some situations coming:

1. Heavy fighters who will stand ground and fight to death -> One Handed Axe, One Handed Curse, Some Daggers, some spears

2. Kiting builds: Bows/Crossbows will try to kite a bit. If they notice they can't win they will break crystals.

3. Full safe reset / trap builds: Qstaff, Frost, Maces will try to kill you into traps / new mobs.

It's the full rock paper scizor situation.

1 wins against 2: Sheer Power
      2 wins against 3: 3 will suffer to bring 2 to traps
      3 wins against 1: 1 in general won't be able to hit 3 without being thrown into traps.

The final result is that people will start breaking crystals more frequently, which is fine.
    • I agree I think it is an over complicated clunky attempt but we will see. The current state is also bad and has grown stale. The shrinking map over time is a better solution but they probably avoided that due to needing a complete map redesign. Even better would be a complete map redesign with several long corridors leading to center area. This allows for mobility but you would still need to eventually cross your opponents. Unless they shrink map, add dead ends, or final fight pit mobility will always have massive advantage because they can always just leave risk free if they so choose.

On a side note CD designers PLEASE give us the option to keep clicking the invasion shard if we so choose. It is so annoying to get a shit 4.2 BHs fight or a shard breaker in Slayer and then need to PvE again forever until next fight. I do not see the harm in letting PvPers getting more PvP faster.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tabor ().

• this was originally suppose to replace the famous dungeon diving of solo random dungeons

well lets see how the changes shake up the CD meta first

we all can agree that infinite reset is bad
      Hyper mobility is bad
      healing on short cooldowns is also bad

kite is good to a up certain extent. because its considered skill
      people holding their ground should be rewarded. "not you nature and holy builds"
      and one shot build need to have weaknesses

resetting when a bad trade is taken is ok but should not be done often

all agree?
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • ImaDoki wrote:

noxmortus wrote:

Remove the shrine. All players enter CD with risk of invasion.
      this... So simple, yet so obvious.

The_Support_God wrote:

this was originally suppose to replace the famous dungeon diving of solo random dungeons

well lets see how the changes shake up the CD meta first

we all can agree that infinite reset is bad
      Hyper mobility is bad
      healing on short cooldowns is also bad

kite is good to a up certain extent. because its considered skill
      people holding their ground should be rewarded. "not you nature and holy builds"
      and one shot build need to have weaknesses

resetting when a bad trade is taken is ok but should not be done often

all agree?
      I disagree with the change because this will encourage a style of play based around the 180 sec or 300sec mark. It will be abused 100% . Once you take the fairness away from a fight you may as well give up . Besides what the hell is wrong with long fights when the 2 people involved enjoyed it? Why should everything be as a few forum dwellers want it? I’ve never asked for infinite resets to be binned. Sometimes it can take an hour or so to find a good fight and now they have to be over quickly with a unfair ending. It’s a bad change it isn’t a simple 1v1 the dungeon has traps and mobs already so it’s already set up in a tricky situation.
    • i mean if there was a lava mechanic it would force kite builds to actually chase their targets or else they would lose when the lava comes
      which is a good idea because the same thing happens in 2v2 HG but on a worst level because there exist dps healer combo

but SBI did not want that as They want a fair 1v1 thats why they allow you to break crystals because There are some builds that 100% cannot deal with other builds.
      for example you play a one shot build but you run into a plate frost. than you would lose automatically because you cannot kill a plate

the problem is that when things like frost and mace/hammer line Loses a fight like they always do in the initial engage they would run around waiting for cooldowns with their superior mobility and 9/10 times they would have cleared a circle so traps and mobs will not be a problem

so the current way SBI plan to deal with this is that people who only run loses the fight due to health and mobility reduction which is fair because noone wants to keep running for 1 hour straight

because even among mobility build there is a large imbalance because some mobility skills have low cooldowns, some has large damage, then some builds have CC which make running much more easier

this change may be a step in the right direction but we have to play the patch first before we can give comments on how to improve it
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • that is the point.
      you want to fight then you meet hyper mobile build/ healer build that you can never beat or that quater staff build that knocks you into mobs and traps

when you fight a straight fight you win
      but they out run you.

then when you get bored of chasing they use their higher mobility to make sure you cannot break crystals
      because crystals are now super tanky

so people complain and this is where we ended up.

FYI not all mobilty builds are build Equal. 1h mace has 2 jumps daggers has swipe and frost has cc to slow you down