Marketplace and direct trade prices

• Economy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Marketplace and direct trade prices

New

Players ask too much when it comes to trading. The fact that the trade is done with silver does not justify what people would ask for when trading off valuable goods. I enjoy the game but do not appreciate the extortion of prices for skins, rare mounts etc. How is any player supposed to farm enough silver to keep up with the asking price. Even buying packs is too much. I can afford the money to pack my way multiple times over still would not spend so much for an item in game. I have played another game where a player marketplace is involved and have not encountered the insane rates players would ask for in Albion Online.

I ask for a fix on this as to a limit on what a player can ask for in return for their valuables. It is practically criminal to ask for half a billion silver for a mount along with many other overpriced things on the marketplace. I urge the devs to look in to this and see it for themselves. I am not against anyone earning a profit at all I actually support that gameplay in a great game like Albion. Still there is a limit and people are out of control asking for ridiculous amounts of silver. Whether its time invested in to the game, real money or maybe both it is too much.

The reality of the situation is this . Would you spend £800 / $1000 or more on a in game item ? Players need to be more aware of this.
    • New

Use Tiger skins as an example. They required 30 referrals to be actioned within a month and this was available for only a single month in 2018. So, those skins are 3+ years old and noting few people actually acquired the (then mount, now skin) tiger, it is justified it is going to priced extremely high. Same as many of the old recruiter mounts/skins, ghost wolf etc.
    • New

I just want to make it clear to those who posted and for those who will that I am not here to disagree with the community on the worth of an item that will not return to the game or has little chance of returning to the game. I do understand this . My point once more is the reality of what you are asking for. Run the calculations yourself on how much it cost with real money or even the time it would take to build up to buying your first overpriced item because I have done the numbers myself. It is a flaw in games worldwide that there isn't a balance to this . Albion Online is a game not a real life stock market.

In order for this not to be a biased argument I will not post again and interfere. In return I ask for those posting that disagree with my comments to give fair reason as to why you believe marketplace is run fairly. Do not just reply saying you don't think it should change because one would and could assume you are one of the many players enjoying extorting players for their hard earned money and time invested in to Albion.
    • New

Kelepephes wrote:

I just want to make it clear to those who posted and for those who will that I am not here to disagree with the community on the worth of an item that will not return to the game or has little chance of returning to the game. I do understand this . My point once more is the reality of what you are asking for. Run the calculations yourself on how much it cost with real money or even the time it would take to build up to buying your first overpriced item because I have done the numbers myself. It is a flaw in games worldwide that there isn't a balance to this . Albion Online is a game not a real life stock market.

In order for this not to be a biased argument I will not post again and interfere. In return I ask for those posting that disagree with my comments to give fair reason as to why you believe marketplace is run fairly. Do not just reply saying you don't think it should change because one would and could assume you are one of the many players enjoying extorting players for their hard earned money and time invested in to Albion.
      Why are you involving real money? It has nothing to do with real money. But if you want... Check the price of 1 kg bread and the price of a 300 years old painting. I am sure it won't be the same...

Market is fair. If you pay, you get your item.

There is not a single item that cost 500m and makes you win the game. You don't need to have that skin. It does not give anything extra for you to have it.

Tbh I don't even know what is your problem.

If something is rare, its price goes up. If something is overpriced, it won't be sold and either the seller will lower the price or store it in his bank until albion dies.
    • New

Kelepephes wrote:

Very easy.

If you have price caps on stuff, people will just start not selling the items on the market and just selling them via trade, and if you try to regulate that, you will start seeing a lot of "gifted silver" and "gifted rares". See for example Venezuela market regulation. People can't get SO MANY different items because the prices are regulated an in turn no one wants to sell them. If you want something that is rare, and is expensive, you have two options: Pay the price, or do not get that.

Market prices may be astronomical on some stuff, yes. But when there are players willing to pay the price, how can you excuse and explain the need to "regulate them". Regulated prices do not work in economy, do not work in IRL economy and do not work in videogame economy, because it breaks the economic cycle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gabumon ().

• New

Using real world money discussion is flawed.

As 500 gold in game has significantly different values depending upon what country you live and what your financial situation is. When you earn US$100k, 500g pales in comparison to the guy who earns US$10k in a lesser developed nation.

At the end of the day it is about Supply and Demand. If people want to sell, they will self-regulate their prices to entice people to buy. Same for those who want the item; if they really want it they will pay the price. What you also need to factor in is that for veteran and savvy new players it is extremely easy to make millions of silver. So, to save up the funds to buy some of those expensive items is a matter of days or weeks.
    • New

Kelepephes wrote:

give fair reason as to why you believe marketplace is run fairly.
      Simple supply vs demand in an open economy system. What your asking for is intervention to control or cap prices. No thanks. And as others have said .. stop with the real money comparisons .. its meaningless
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • New

Kelepephes wrote:

I enjoy the game but do not appreciate the extortion of prices for skins, rare mounts etc.
      The thing is, you don't need vanity items to play the game.
      Anyone who owns one of these items and wants to sell them has the right to do so at the price they choose.

Rare mounts run on supply and demand, their cost is determined by what people are willing to buy/sell them for.

Kelepephes wrote:

How is any player supposed to farm enough silver to keep up with the asking price.
      Grinding, luck or skill.

Kelepephes wrote:

It is practically criminal to ask for half a billion silver for a mount along with many other overpriced things on the marketplace.
      Then don't buy it...
      Wanting something you cannot afford doesn't mean that the market is broken.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester
    • New

well its the same like the real world

supply and demand

and besides most of the expensive items are collector's items which cannot ever be found anymore

and its not like they make you any better in the game as its mostly vanity. only exception would be the command mammoth

this is the same for many games most notably World of Warcraft, skin lines in MobA and MMO that cannot be bought any more or are for "alpha and beta players only"
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • New

The_Support_God wrote:

well its the same like the real world

supply and demand

and besides most of the expensive items are collector's items which cannot ever be found anymore

and its not like they make you any better in the game as its mostly vanity. only exception would be the command mammoth

this is the same for many games most notably World of Warcraft, skin lines in MobA and MMO that cannot be bought any more or are for "alpha and beta players only"
      Command Mammoth have a price cost to craft... If anyone find it too expensive to buy a command mammoth, can just buy the resources and then craft it at NPC...