Can we nerf Oathkeepers already???

    • Combat Balance
    • Can we nerf Oathkeepers already???

      So regular T4 Mace does 1263 with its full combo. Ok sure fine. Its cc heavy and got some quick damage potential fair enough.

      But why is it Oathkeepers gets to do over 1000 damage with just its Q and W while its E gives it a 1443 shield as well as merc jacket on slight steroids???

      Second time fighting this weapon inside CD and both times were a fricken L to my face :| even if the weapons user is silenced it doesnt mean anything :|

      All imma say. Just to see if anyone else feels tight about this damn weapon like I obviously do lol


      Quick edit to for those on here who like numbers :|

      Reg T4 merc jacket heals 42-43 HP per auto

      Oathkeepers is healing 63-65 HP per auto (Yes oath lasts 5 seconds but the fact it heals much more per proc then merc jacket kinda makes the 5 seconds meaningless)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by PRG ().

    • oath keepers actualy is very weak. like super super weak

      if we compare just numbers it might look good on paper but
      the reason why merc jacket is op because of Dot /fast hitting skills which lets you heal absurdly fast and it can be done from ranged

      oathkeepers mace on the other hand has no attack speed steroid, has to walk and hit which makes you heal for less compared to hitting from range
      and the team wide shield is only lasts for so long so in 1v1 scenarios people would just step back and let the shield run out or make the mace waste the heals per auto by running

      in team fights it makes the healer's healing be reduced due to healing debuff so including it in comps of 5 or less is a big no no
      in comps of 10 or more where you have at least 2 healers people would play nuke the clump so it is also useless mostly due to the meta not favouring dive and stick comps but nuke and peel comps

      so yes oath keepers is weak because as a tank item it does not do its job which is cc and you are trying to play it as a melee dps with no dps
      it is not the same as forge hammers with insane resist increased auto damage and a slow area to keep targets pinned down.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      oath keepers actualy is very weak. like super super weak

      if we compare just numbers it might look good on paper but
      the reason why merc jacket is op because of Dot /fast hitting skills which lets you heal absurdly fast and it can be done from ranged

      oathkeepers mace on the other hand has no attack speed steroid, has to walk and hit which makes you heal for less compared to hitting from range
      and the team wide shield is only lasts for so long so in 1v1 scenarios people would just step back and let the shield run out or make the mace waste the heals per auto by running

      in team fights it makes the healer's healing be reduced due to healing debuff so including it in comps of 5 or less is a big no no
      in comps of 10 or more where you have at least 2 healers people would play nuke the clump so it is also useless mostly due to the meta not favouring dive and stick comps but nuke and peel comps

      so yes oath keepers is weak because as a tank item it does not do its job which is cc and you are trying to play it as a melee dps with no dps
      it is not the same as forge hammers with insane resist increased auto damage and a slow area to keep targets pinned down.
      I beg to differ my guy



      Oathkeepers gives you the same Movement speed as Quarterstaffs cartwheel/stun run so catching up to your target doesnt become much of a problem at all.

      It applies a massive shield which doesnt wear off.

      The healing itself which is again a merc jacket proc and a half just about PER AUTO attack

      Not to mention the fact that it does almost the same amount of damage as a full combo of regular Mace :|

      Like as a solo weapon its cancer and aids if we looked at it from a team fighting perspective though then it becomes even more ridiculous since all of the effects listed above not only apply to the wielder but also to 5-10 allies in the radius :| :| :|


      TL:DR to all this is that as it stands in a 1v1 situation its practically unkillable even if you do what you suggest doing and just trying to "run away/run out the shield" and its Q and E for being a "T A N K" weapon is ridiculous.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by PRG ().

    • Oathkeepers are not OP and rarely played for that reason. In my countless Slayer fights I have only seen this 2x and both were extremely easy wins. This build suffers the same as forge hammers your opponent is not just going to stand there for you to get value out of your E.
    • halo?? u know some weapown had some dmg? its double handed if u check another mace with some ip its does some dmg..
      Oathkeepers is avalon weapeonw had 100ip more ..u have to compare it with a higer tier ip normal mace... and double wepown with ur idea heavy mace is overpowered too ..q w did ad full combo of 1h mace and e silence purge and had low cd..haveay mace win
      Oathkeepers easly e counter e.
    • YeSer wrote:

      halo?? u know some weapown had some dmg? its double handed if u check another mace with some ip its does some dmg..
      Oathkeepers is avalon weapeonw had 100ip more ..u have to compare it with a higer tier ip normal mace... and double wepown with ur idea heavy mace is overpowered too ..q w did ad full combo of 1h mace and e silence purge and had low cd..haveay mace win
      Oathkeepers easly e counter e.

      Uhhh I... I dont know... Or understand enough english to be able to read what you just said my guy :| I think my head just got run over/flattened trying to decipher im sorry
    • Tabor wrote:

      Oathkeepers are not OP and rarely played for that reason. In my countless Slayer fights I have only seen this 2x and both were extremely easy wins. This build suffers the same as forge hammers your opponent is not just going to stand there for you to get value out of your E.
      I mean sure but these users were able to run me down :| One had the Royal shoes so sure I probably cant count that into this since they get leaps like that :|

      But the other was able to just apply slight slows constantly (Along WITH the stun ability so every 5 attacks I got stunned) which because they got Movement speed and I dont they just left me in the position of try to fight.
    • you do know you only have 5 seconds worth in time to auto? your healing output will always be less than 15 procs of merc jacket

      people will not stand still you know. the reason why melees such in the game is because every class is so fking mobile
      thats why swords were so weak because people dont stand still and let you auto

      in a mobility heavy meta and no hard cc attached to oathkeepers you expect it to do as much damage as 1h mace?

      bro have you even played against 1h mace where they stun you then bop you? in 1v1? how much damage they do in like 2 seconds and you want to compare it to oath keepers damage

      also as stated by me in an earlier post there is something called healing sickness. it applies when more than 2 sources of healing affects a player

      -30% healing is no joke you know especially in a 5v5.
      in a 10v10 its still not meta because of one shot comps.

      unless oath keepers can insta sheld whole team like guardian helm your whole team will get clapped no questions asked

      also why go oathkeepers when 1h mace or camlan is better as a tank? or if you want dps go realmbreaker
      oathkeepers is a flawed item more so than even forgehammers because it tries to be a healer, damage and tank item all in one

      there is no team in the game that will stay remotely near each other. even if oath keepers can heal it cannot heal whole team because it is commonsense to spread out

      6m radius? you know that healing staff and nature staff Q is like 11-14 meters?
      bro you in front line heal what ? your tanks?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      thats why swords were so weak because people dont stand still and let you auto
      Swords are definitely not weak though. They can be passively charged up before a fight like some content creators are and have been doing which not only means they get to use their E to start the fight off but some swords stacks grant movement speed in the process so again how can you call that "weak" when a sword user can clip you with something like Heroic Slash and do around 800-1000 physical damage immediately???


      The_Support_God wrote:

      bro have you even played against 1h mace where they stun you then bop you? in 1v1? how much damage they do in like 2 seconds and you want to compare it to oath keepers damage
      My dude I PLAYED 1H MACES AND FOUGHT AGAINST both before and after the whole nerf crap XD primarily because the damage output and cc was insane.

      I just now was practicing with Oathkeepers just to test for myself and see how hard their "Skill cap" is or learning curve and its insanely easy it honestly gives me flashbacks to before 1h maces were nerfed... Cause again the Q and W while yes, they are "skillshots" are massive in the damage department and the CC is also just as good...

      So yes I think I can actually say wholeheartedly this weapon is not balanced at its current state lol.

      The_Support_God wrote:

      also why go oathkeepers when 1h mace or camlan is better as a tank? or if you want dps go realmbreaker
      oathkeepers is a flawed item more so than even forgehammers because it tries to be a healer, damage and tank item all in one
      Tries to? You mean does or IS. :|

      And as far as the "why go it?" Simple BECAUSE IT WORKS rn :| It is strong af in its current state. You can run Guardian Helm, Whichever Guardian armor you prefer (Or even leather armor as some crazy people use), and royal shoes (Just to give you the leap effect into combat to get right in someones face) Like it is an all-rounder sort of mace and it does said All-Rounder job surprisingly well rn...





      While YES, The whole heal debuff or whatnot inside CD's lessens the sustain slightly. Oathkeepers still come out on top with their shields, strength overall, and enough sustain to be viable in almost every fight.
    • PRG wrote:

      YeSer wrote:

      halo?? u know some weapown had some dmg? its double handed if u check another mace with some ip its does some dmg..
      Oathkeepers is avalon weapeonw had 100ip more ..u have to compare it with a higer tier ip normal mace... and double wepown with ur idea heavy mace is overpowered too ..q w did ad full combo of 1h mace and e silence purge and had low cd..haveay mace win
      Oathkeepers easly e counter e.
      Uhhh I... I dont know... Or understand enough english to be able to read what you just said my guy :| I think my head just got run over/flattened trying to decipher im sorry
      it’s about game basic some weapons specifications do some dmg , all double hands mace do some dmg at some ip, oak do some dmg than a heavy mace, and heavy mace e counter oak hardly why u don’t go play heavy mace?
    • YeSer wrote:

      PRG wrote:

      YeSer wrote:

      halo?? u know some weapown had some dmg? its double handed if u check another mace with some ip its does some dmg..
      Oathkeepers is avalon weapeonw had 100ip more ..u have to compare it with a higer tier ip normal mace... and double wepown with ur idea heavy mace is overpowered too ..q w did ad full combo of 1h mace and e silence purge and had low cd..haveay mace win
      Oathkeepers easly e counter e.
      Uhhh I... I dont know... Or understand enough english to be able to read what you just said my guy :| I think my head just got run over/flattened trying to decipher im sorry
      it’s about game basic some weapons specifications do some dmg , all double hands mace do some dmg at some ip, oak do some dmg than a heavy mace, and heavy mace e counter oak hardly why u don’t go play heavy mace?
      I mean simple I dont WANT to play mace tree xD Like the only reason I even bothered experimenting with 1H maces was to prove the other person here "SupportGod" wrong even though theres alot of people who already know maces in general are OP af
    • i would not say that oath keeper is bad or good to the point it needs significant nerfs/buffs

      its just unique in a sense where it tries to be a bit if everything

      in a meta where we have people with dedicated roles such as tank/ damage and healer

      healing / shielding with Oathkeeper would not heal anyone because you are so front that it wont affect the backlines if they need it and if it did affect the backline then healers heal for less which is always a big downside

      if we talk about 1v1 meta for oathkeeper then i would say its a case by case basis because you are comparing it to other melee dps/ tank weapons
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      i would not say that oath keeper is bad or good to the point it needs significant nerfs/buffs

      its just unique in a sense where it tries to be a bit if everything

      in a meta where we have people with dedicated roles such as tank/ damage and healer

      healing / shielding with Oathkeeper would not heal anyone because you are so front that it wont affect the backlines if they need it and if it did affect the backline then healers heal for less which is always a big downside

      if we talk about 1v1 meta for oathkeeper then i would say its a case by case basis because you are comparing it to other melee dps/ tank weapons
      My dude idc about teamfight situation the only thing im really driving for here is nerfing 1v1 situations involving Oathkeepers. So everything you are saying as of right now is not relevant :|

      And idk why you say its a "case by case" basis when this weapons only notable counter is things like Bows and MAYBE Q staff :|
    • PRG wrote:

      My dude idc about teamfight situation the only thing im really driving for here is nerfing 1v1 situations involving Oathkeepers. So everything you are saying as of right now is not relevant :|
      And idk why you say its a "case by case" basis when this weapons only notable counter is things like Bows and MAYBE Q staff :|

      Stop. Balancing. Albion. Around. CDs.

      Leave Oathkeepers alone, they are still bad everywhere else.

      Also, you clearly haven’t tried Fire Staff, Frost Staff, Cursed Staff against Oathkeepers, have you?
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)
    • If you purge the Oathkeppers E then you got a normal mace without mobility.
      Oathkeppers are a weaker version of the forge hammers and forge hammers have the same weakness, one, single, purge.
      Remember that Oathkeppers are an off tank weapon made to save allies, unlike forge hammers Oathkeppers don't have an attack damage buff, so, just bring a purge because if you go to corrupted dungeons without a purge your are just screaming "Any normal bow in the area looking for free loot?"
    • forge hammers cannot be purged though?
      but oath keepers can be purged

      so... please get your facts correct. and with that said oath keepers is weaker then forge hammers

      Makes you huge and resilient for 10s. Increasing your physical resistance by 101 and magical resistance by 171. Additionally improves your normal attack damage by 135%, and normal attack range by 50%.While huge you also slow all enemies in a 7m radius around you by 50%, ignoring crowd control resistance. (This effect can't be purged.)
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality

      The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

    • The_Support_God wrote:

      forge hammers cannot be purged though?
      but oath keepers can be purged

      so... please get your facts correct. and with that said oath keepers is weaker then forge hammers

      Makes you huge and resilient for 10s. Increasing your physical resistance by 101 and magical resistance by 171. Additionally improves your normal attack damage by 135%, and normal attack range by 50%.While huge you also slow all enemies in a 7m radius around you by 50%, ignoring crowd control resistance. (This effect can't be purged.)
      Yes they can be purged, like... It doesn't say they can't be purged anywhere... Dude you just hurt my feeling by been wrong about me been wrong
      Images
      • wewewew.png

        36.18 kB, 868×139, viewed 27 times
    • Wait wut...
      since when it can be purged....
      checked in game tooltip too...

      pretty sure i would have noticed it if it was in the patch notes.

      Well then i take my previous statements back and give an apology
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality
    • Bardolomeo wrote:

      The_Support_God wrote:

      forge hammers cannot be purged though?
      but oath keepers can be purged

      so... please get your facts correct. and with that said oath keepers is weaker then forge hammers

      Makes you huge and resilient for 10s. Increasing your physical resistance by 101 and magical resistance by 171. Additionally improves your normal attack damage by 135%, and normal attack range by 50%.While huge you also slow all enemies in a 7m radius around you by 50%, ignoring crowd control resistance. (This effect can't be purged.)
      Yes they can be purged, like... It doesn't say they can't be purged anywhere... Dude you just hurt my feeling by been wrong about me been wrong
      Forge hammers are unpurgable. Doesn't say it on the tooltip but 100% they can't have their E purged. Coming from someone that played forge hammers in 5v5s for 2 years. Oathkeeper bubble can be purged.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • thats what i thought too until i saw the tooltip in game

      probably changed when they rework the wording for items
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154632-Put-more-Static-Solo-Random-dungeons-in-roads-of-avalon/

      take a look in the thread above and give your likes and comment to make this a reality