Can we nerf Oathkeepers already???

    • Combat Balance
    • Dont trust the tooltips too much, they have been shit since the dawn of time. Tooltip rework improved things a good bunch, but I still chuckle at how there was a 5s silence duration difference on demon helmet in different localizations of the game for over 2 years.

      Cleric robe doesnt tell you that its bubble grants uninterruptibility to all castable spells, all cleansing spells do not tell you that they grant 1s CC immunity after a successful cleanse and that cleric sandals blink has a 0.2s invulnerability window, for example. Overall, many mechanics like resistance shred and damage bonus limits do not get explained anywhere, so the best bet is just to test it yourself.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Helthros wrote:

      The problem isn’t oathkeepers. It’s that mace kit has too much damage in its Q and W.
      Delusional.

      Mace W does borderline 0 damage and the mace Q is so bad that you have to run carleon cape and CC your opponent.

      Even then a lot of builds will out trade especially if they have an i-frame or any semblance of a defensive.
      All the noobs turn into savants when they get to the balance thread.
    • She0gorath wrote:

      PRG wrote:

      My dude idc about teamfight situation the only thing im really driving for here is nerfing 1v1 situations involving Oathkeepers. So everything you are saying as of right now is not relevant :|
      And idk why you say its a "case by case" basis when this weapons only notable counter is things like Bows and MAYBE Q staff :|
      Stop. Balancing. Albion. Around. CDs.

      Leave Oathkeepers alone, they are still bad everywhere else.

      Also, you clearly haven’t tried Fire Staff, Frost Staff, Cursed Staff against Oathkeepers, have you?
      ????????????????

      MY DUDE I DIDNT EVEN WANT TO PLAY OATHKEEPERS TO BEGIN WITH you literal ape. Only reason I ran Oathkeepers is to have even more evidence against what support gods happy ass said XD

      IM NOT LOOKING TO PLAY EVERY SINGLE WEAPON...


      There was a guy who literally said that SBI should make separate nerf/buff lists for things like CD's that way in CD's they can be less effective or whatnot but outside of CD's be perfectly untouched...
    • PRG wrote:

      She0gorath wrote:

      Stop. Balancing. Albion. Around. CDs.
      Leave Oathkeepers alone, they are still bad everywhere else.

      Also, you clearly haven’t tried Fire Staff, Frost Staff, Cursed Staff against Oathkeepers, have you?
      ????????????????
      MY DUDE I DIDNT EVEN WANT TO PLAY OATHKEEPERS TO BEGIN WITH you literal ape. Only reason I ran Oathkeepers is to have even more evidence against what support gods happy ass said XD

      IM NOT LOOKING TO PLAY EVERY SINGLE WEAPON...


      There was a guy who literally said that SBI should make separate nerf/buff lists for things like CD's that way in CD's they can be less effective or whatnot but outside of CD's be perfectly untouched...
      I believe there was a misunderstanding, I never said you played Oathkeepers or not. I said: “have you tried these weapons?” Not because I want you to play them, but because you are stating that a weapon is clearly overpowered, but to make such a claim you need, precisely, evidence, and diverse experiences. Oathkeepers can be dealt with, in many different ways actually. The fact that you haven’t seen them or tried them yet doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

      Nerfing skills inside CDs? Maybe, maybe not. CDs will never be perfectly balanced. For you to win, someone has to lose; and there will always be more than a build that counters yours. I have played Oathkeepers and against Oathkeepers, multiples times and with different weapon trees and builds. To me, they are not overpowered.
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)
    • you know while on the topic
      what made you say oath keepers is Op in the first place?

      what build did you play against Oathkeepers that made you say deserve a nerf?

      most builds in meta has one way to counter oathkeepers via range or purge or some form of cc/gimick

      while there are some builds that counter others harder then normal, there is not much oath keeprs counters or is hard counter by
      its just that tanky is what oath keepers is...
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • She0gorath wrote:

      PRG wrote:

      She0gorath wrote:

      Stop. Balancing. Albion. Around. CDs.
      Leave Oathkeepers alone, they are still bad everywhere else.

      Also, you clearly haven’t tried Fire Staff, Frost Staff, Cursed Staff against Oathkeepers, have you?
      ????????????????MY DUDE I DIDNT EVEN WANT TO PLAY OATHKEEPERS TO BEGIN WITH you literal ape. Only reason I ran Oathkeepers is to have even more evidence against what support gods happy ass said XD

      IM NOT LOOKING TO PLAY EVERY SINGLE WEAPON...


      There was a guy who literally said that SBI should make separate nerf/buff lists for things like CD's that way in CD's they can be less effective or whatnot but outside of CD's be perfectly untouched...
      I believe there was a misunderstanding, I never said you played Oathkeepers or not. I said: “have you tried these weapons?” Not because I want you to play them, but because you are stating that a weapon is clearly overpowered, but to make such a claim you need, precisely, evidence, and diverse experiences. Oathkeepers can be dealt with, in many different ways actually. The fact that you haven’t seen them or tried them yet doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
      Nerfing skills inside CDs? Maybe, maybe not. CDs will never be perfectly balanced. For you to win, someone has to lose; and there will always be more than a build that counters yours. I have played Oathkeepers and against Oathkeepers, multiples times and with different weapon trees and builds. To me, they are not overpowered.
      All do respect my dude im not even talking about you like what???

      I literally was talking about this guy above me ^ "Support God" not what you said...

      But yes I have started branching out more looking at other random crap to play that way I can actually say what it is I want to...
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      you know while on the topic
      what made you say oath keepers is Op in the first place?

      what build did you play against Oathkeepers that made you say deserve a nerf?

      most builds in meta has one way to counter oathkeepers via range or purge or some form of cc/gimick

      while there are some builds that counter others harder then normal, there is not much oath keeprs counters or is hard counter by
      its just that tanky is what oath keepers is...
      First go round was again someone who was tank oathkeepers and I was stuck trying to kite the prick out with light crossie cryptcandle

      Second go round was oathkeepers that was tank build but this time they had royal shoes so they could get that extra jump on me... I had light crossie again..

      Third go round was a guy running some weird crap it was hunter jacket guard helm and the royal boots... This time I death curse staff and merc jacket heal and I barely won the fight because thankfully in this game range vs melee is at least somewhat doable -_-
    • so... no mobility build but lots of damage.
      with crypt candle.

      sounds like a fair match up. sort of. due to less mobility

      u got hunter hood or cleric cowl as helm slot? or was it guardian

      if it was guardian then losing is quite possible
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

      so... no mobility build but lots of damage.
      with crypt candle.

      sounds like a fair match up. sort of. due to less mobility

      u got hunter hood or cleric cowl as helm slot? or was it guardian

      if it was guardian then losing is quite possible
      I mean I have my shoes thats the only mobility I can really use that doesnt hurt my build... Already tried using the kb passive effect on crossie as well as the kb shot on w neither does anything.

      Also no my usual helm is either cultist cowl for pve or its specter hood paired with merc jacket I dont bother running hunter or cleric since that involves the enemy touching me with leads to death :|
    • PRG wrote:

      So regular T4 Mace does 1263 with its full combo. Ok sure fine. Its cc heavy and got some quick damage potential fair enough.

      But why is it Oathkeepers gets to do over 1000 damage with just its Q and W while its E gives it a 1443 shield as well as merc jacket on slight steroids???

      Second time fighting this weapon inside CD and both times were a fricken L to my face :| even if the weapons user is silenced it doesnt mean anything :|

      All imma say. Just to see if anyone else feels tight about this damn weapon like I obviously do lol


      Quick edit to for those on here who like numbers :|

      Reg T4 merc jacket heals 42-43 HP per auto

      Oathkeepers is healing 63-65 HP per auto (Yes oath lasts 5 seconds but the fact it heals much more per proc then merc jacket kinda makes the 5 seconds meaningless)
      Agree one hand mace needs a bloody nerf not small things, a mace an heavy and slow wepon in all middleage immaginary: absolutely no jump, you stay stuck in the ground with a mace of course.
      And just too say plate are op, nice thing should be as healer staffs you get -80% of damage on ALL your equipment and lets put also a movement speed reduction of at least 20%. Go now shiny knight with your 40 kg full plate armor.