Testserver Patch Notes - Call to Arms Patch 9

• Crimisondragon wrote:

Ins't a bug what have done with mace? The E stun goes from 2.2s to 1.8s, but in game (especificly on HCE) that looks like 2s lowered. My hope is that is a bug
      The damage/CC durations that get written in the patchnotes are usually the base values (in this case meaning that it is the stun duration at 0 IP), which heavily impacts IP and Armor bonus scaling as a result.
      This is intentional.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Tested Clarent and Dualsword changes and even with 2% less max health damage both with 3 stacks, dualsword is always dealing like 20% more damage than the clarent, even with the clarent bleeding with 3 stacks, 3 stacks dualsword its always a lot more damage even also having both same CD so i think clarent bleed or base damage is kinda low, because it was dealing almost no damage. I would say to increase the base clarent damage to make it worth @Retroman

I would say that the ideal base damage would be at least 190 damage

The post was edited 1 time, last by Haut ().

• Haut wrote:

Tested Clarent and Dualsword changes and even with 2% less max health damage both with 3 stacks, dualsword is always dealing like 20% more damage than the clarent, even with the clarent bleeding with 3 stacks, 3 stacks dualsword its always a lot more damage even also having both same CD so i think clarent bleed or base damage is kinda low, because it was dealing almost no damage. I would say to increase the base clarent damage to make it worth @Retroman

Clarent has a way bigger AoE, it's ranged, uninterruptible and One Handed, which allows flexibility with Offhand.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Armors

Energy Drain (Royal Armor) no longer steals enemy energy. While energy management should be an important part of the game, fights with energy-draining comps are not very fun for the receiving end. Energy Drain will thus now be a purely supportive ability that generates Energy for the user and allies, and be renamed Energy Source.
      • Energy Drain (Royal Armor):
        • Reworked the ability, it is now called Energy Source and no longer reduces enemy energy

I doubt this will make Royal Armor any more useful then it currently is. I rarely see it tbh and when I do it's probably in Arena. I would rather have a different kind of ability added instead of this. Temp HP increase to party or temp HP regen in combat would be better. If you really want to go overboard give team invisibility in the area for X amount of seconds and all of a sudden this armor is God like in small scale PvP and ganking.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Haut wrote:

Tested Clarent and Dualsword changes and even with 2% less max health damage both with 3 stacks, dualsword is always dealing like 20% more damage than the clarent, even with the clarent bleeding with 3 stacks, 3 stacks dualsword its always a lot more damage even also having both same CD so i think clarent bleed or base damage is kinda low, because it was dealing almost no damage. I would say to increase the base clarent damage to make it worth @Retroman

Clarent has a way bigger AoE, it's ranged, uninterruptible and One Handed, which allows flexibility with Offhand.
      And no damage, so no one care about it. Sword only works for damage, if not doing damage doesn’t works
    • Honestly these sword changes are giving me a migraine. Fixing this weapon tree is soo easy, i just don't see how it can be treated like its the hardest thing in the world. And the dual sword changes, as i have stated, in the thread below, are a massive nerf to the weapon. I don't know who your play testers are, but they don't seem to have a good track record for feedback, considering that abomination that is 1 mace.

Maybe its not the play-testers, maybe its just the balance team being split on weapons design and functionality. Because it really shouldn't be this hard, especially with the years worth of feedback, that i personally Archived for you to read through.

About The Upcoming Dual-Sword Changes

Edit :

Just tested the dual sword/Sword changes on the test server. Let me tell you guys something simple, if you think your going to rat with that weapon , you might as well walk up to your enemy, open a trade window and hand him your gear. Honestly that felt like the old grove keeper change they made, but then reverted. Its a joke.

Who ever came up with those hamstring changes needs to fired, joking , but seriously. That's terrible. Convoluted, contradictory to the kit and just hilariously bad.

You want players , to burn their run ability , to close the gap, so they can kick them in the shins, for a worse slow? I'm sorry you have to first Q them, so you can get 1 stack, and then you can reactivate the ability.

But if you don't have 1 stack, then you just get a worse version of a bad ability?????????????????????????

And when you reactivate the hamstring, you get a janky jump that reapplies another slow that does a miniscule amount of damage, to a target who probably already moved out of the way, as a 25% on initial hamstring is really easy to walk, or space away from. Like cmon guys. I feel like im reading a rick and Morty script here describing this ability.

Clarent changes seem cool, it does no damage, it will most likely be relegated to a support weapon like carving. Might see some play in small scale open world, ZVZ? hell no, 5v5? your trolling.

Honestly it suffers from the same dementia that hamstring is suffering from. Why would you tie such absurd utility conditions to stacks, but then make it so that your damage does not scale with stacks????????????????????????????????

And why would anyone want these small utility options on a sword, when they can just go play any tank weapon, and get true silences, and true slows, or axes and get real bleeds. Its soooo gimmicky and silly. At least carving has real resistance shred, so it not completely useless.

And tell me what sword player, will hold on to two stacks , just randomly in the fight, during the eact moment a silence is needed ?????LITERALLY NO ONE. Those utility options on clarent stacks will be used randomly and without meaning. Its convoluted. Its silly and need to be removed.

All you need to do is make clarent stacks operate with damage, WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT.NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS. Well ate least its a step up from the current clarent blade, but is moving out a hole really an achievement if your still on the ground ???? no it is not.

The post was edited 2 times, last by moking ().

• @moking Also they taking so long for put the patch idk why, people already test this weps changes and the swords are so Mehhhh is killing dual swords, kingmaker gonna keeep being the most ignored weapon try to compare Kingmaker with Oathkeepers and feels like both are from difrent games.... And ofc the Clarent one + hamstring is like ( What means Heroic charges for SBI?) Keep your heroics charges in battle is more Heroic thing to do with swords and just save them for do your best E... Imagine a mace jumping just when you use your E GGwp.

The game is getting so boring and New games gonna kill Albion this year i already lose some real life friends that change game and other that i dont know are stop conecting so....Maybe because they feel disapointed or because there is no end game that motivate people.
    • When I read the changes my first thought was why the fuck are they making hamstring heroic strike dependant? It’s diabolical design implementation. Retroman is weak in the design department, instead of making new changes he’s gone back to old designs . He’s also bringing dagger changes to chain slash which streamers have been recommending for months, they ain’t even his ideas the chain damage reduction came from Jimbernator as far as I’m aware. Jim also asked for the energy increase for motion based deadly swipe and guess what that’s coming to lol. My idea for swords is to give us damage bonuses for plate and leather so we can get the fuck away from cleric robe . Swords are so pingeon holed to cleric robe and fiend cowl it isn’t funny. Hamstring change won’t won’t change anything people will still use iron wil, parry and splitting . The corrupted change is gonna destroy the dungeon but don’t get me started on that.
    • About the Clarent rework, why a silence on 2 charges? Instead of slow/silence/bleed it could have been slow/stronger slow/bleed, idk why, that silence seems off :/ I am not a swords expert, but I just feel like it is randomizing too much what to expect from a Clarent E in a fight. On the other hand, the harmstring change gives me cursed beam vibes :D
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)
    • BraveArt wrote:

When I read the changes my first thought was why the fuck are they making hamstring heroic strike dependant? It’s diabolical design implementation. Retroman is weak in the design department, instead of making new changes he’s gone back to old designs . He’s also bringing dagger changes to chain slash which streamers have been recommending for months, they ain’t even his ideas the chain damage reduction came from Jimbernator as far as I’m aware. Jim also asked for the energy increase for motion based deadly swipe and guess what that’s coming to lol. My idea for swords is to give us damage bonuses for plate and leather so we can get the fuck away from cleric robe . Swords are so pingeon holed to cleric robe and fiend cowl it isn’t funny. Hamstring change won’t won’t change anything people will still use iron wil, parry and splitting . The corrupted change is gonna destroy the dungeon but don’t get me started on that.
      Yap ,this is good Idea,if plate armor have bonus for damages and healing is great idea for healer and ice mage