Assassin Jacket needs to be nerfed!

• Combat Balance
    • Assassin Jacket needs to be nerfed!

I believe this jacket was made to allow PVP players to approach their targets undetected. However, its 8 seconds of invisibility made it an easy way to escape from 1v1 combat, even if the player uses a stalker hood or guardian armor, it is still very difficult to finish a combat, even more it joins weapons with dash and undead cape .
      My suggestion is that players who have been attacked in the last 5 seconds only have half the duration of their invisibility.
    • Tabor wrote:

Haha. By viable you mean make it impossible to be ran down when running away but I hear you. It is only being used by kiting builds as a way to fuck over soldier boots etc because it is impossible to pop your boots to catch someone on invis.
      I guess he meant that for Dungeon divings not specifically for Corrupteds which is totally understandable.

I think,assassin jacket a little bit strong if not broken in corrupted due to how long wait time is and also the damage buff afterwards.

This game needs changes that make item statistics differ with the content like

Corrupted: 6 seconds invis without buff
      Open world: as is
      2v2: ...
      5v5 : ...

kind of better for balance, but who will take care of this complexity with a tiny development team they have :)
    • Tabor wrote:

Haha. By viable you mean make it impossible to be ran down when running away but I hear you. It is only being used by kiting builds as a way to fuck over soldier boots etc because it is impossible to pop your boots to catch someone on invis.
      I still think that for approximation the 8 second time is reasonable, but for running from a combat it is unfair. If someone is aiming for combat in this way, then save boots for it. Even more so with a cape that also provides 6 second invisibility for escape. Combined, the pvp solo is unfair. Even more so for players with weapons that regenerate energy such as bows, maces, hammers and staffs.
    • kasttiel wrote:

I believe this jacket was made to allow PVP players to approach their targets undetected. However, its 8 seconds of invisibility made it an easy way to escape from 1v1 combat, even if the player uses a stalker hood or guardian armor, it is still very difficult to finish a combat, even more it joins weapons with dash and undead cape .
      My suggestion is that players who have been attacked in the last 5 seconds only have half the duration of their invisibility.
      Where ambush is usable?
      Gvg? Never
      Zvz ? Never
      Pve? Never
      The only two parts of game where it’s usable are 1v1 like corrupted and ganking/escaping
      There’s nothing to say about ganking- no ambush=no chances to escape

So the only one part of the game we could talk about is 1v1
      Does the ambush builds have the highest winrate in CD?
      No?
      So what the hell youre crying about?
    • It is ALWAYS the same root cause.

CD design is broken. Put in Lava Mechanic of 2 HG or a forced fight in Boss room after some time and ALL this reset issues - and assa Jacket is one, like mace, like frost, like hallowfall etc - are gone..

Yet we again and again discuss the symptoms not the cause
    • kasttiel wrote:

If it was made so the players could approach others undetected it wouldn't have so short range. So if they make the change you suggested it would brake the item and would make it absolutely trash tier.
      And if the then remove the stealth range and make it an item where you can approach others undetected it would make the jacket super toxic to the game.
      You can't just nerf mediocre item to the ground yust because you don't like how it works.
    • kasttiel wrote:

Git gud.
    • Tabor wrote:

Guardian armor enfeeble aura = remove invis
      Stalker hood = remove invis.
      Dots = remove invis.

pretty much everything in the game has counter play.
      With Best Regards

Nuno "SilentNJ" Jesus
    • ziigii wrote:

kasttiel wrote:

Eu acredito que esta jaqueta foi feita para permitir que jogadores de PVP se aproximassem de seus alvos sem serem detectados. Porém, seus 8 segundos de invisibilidade tornavam-no uma maneira fácil de escapar do combate 1v1, mesmo que o jogador use um capuz de stalker ou armadura guardiã, ainda é muito difícil terminar um combate, ainda mais ele une armas com traço e capa de morto-vivo .
      Minha sugestão é que jogadores que foram atacados nos últimos 5 segundos tenham apenas metade da duração de sua invisibilidade.
      Se fosse feito para que os jogadores pudessem se aproximar de outros sem serem detectados, não teria um alcance tão curto. Portanto, se eles fizerem a alteração que você sugeriu, isso quebrará o item e o tornará totalmente lixo.
      E se eles removerem o alcance furtivo e torná-lo um item onde você possa se aproximar de outras pessoas sem ser detectado, isso tornaria a jaqueta supertóxica para o jogo.