Can I play solo in Roads of Avalon on low IP 4.1?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I play solo in Roads of Avalon on low IP 4.1?

I think I'd enjoy playing in the roads of Avalon because loading screens take too much time on phone to be travelling in open world and I enjoy solo pvp'ing, which I found impossible to find in rz/bz (everybody is in groups). So I wonder if my low IP 4.1 build can beat solo content in there or I won't be able to clear mobs. If so, are any of the following weapons viable to do this?: Dual swords, claws, 1h dagger, broadsword or battleaxe.
    • Well, you mentioned that your build is 4.1 but not necessarily what your build is. I believe that for some of the T4/T6 roads you'd be able to run the solo content...the static dungeons, roaming mobs and most likely some of the green chests (solo). Again, it is likely dependent on your build but I've seen plenty of 4.1 / 4.2 builds running around the roads. Word of warning though, you will most likely be ill equipped to take on most PvP engagements but I still encourage you to try. Taking lumps is the best way to get better IMO.
    • Drahkin wrote:

Well, you mentioned that your build is 4.1 but not necessarily what your build is. I believe that for some of the T4/T6 roads you'd be able to run the solo content...the static dungeons, roaming mobs and most likely some of the green chests (solo). Again, it is likely dependent on your build but I've seen plenty of 4.1 / 4.2 builds running around the roads. Word of warning though, you will most likely be ill equipped to take on most PvP engagements but I still encourage you to try. Taking lumps is the best way to get better IMO.

I'm still unsure on what build to run, so instead of base it on the gameplay, I want to base it on the content. Last time I was running with claws+hellion jacket, but I'm also attracted to battleaxe (seems good for pve due to sustain) or 1h dagger. I enjoy sustained dps melee weapons and I like self heal aswell. If you have any build suggestions just let me know! It's the first sandbox mmo I play and the ammount of possibilities is driving me crazy.
    • if you're looking to play solo in the roads your first build priority is escape potential, since if you're low tier you're not going to be winning outnumbered fights.

soldier/demon/miner boots are the foot slot that you're looking for, and battleaxe is probably your best bet. Run that with scholar cowl + hellion jacket (or mercenary jacket) and you'll have a fairly solid PvE build as long as you play with your mount properly and stay wary of gankers. when you have more money i'd run this with either an undead cape for more escape or a thetford for faster clears.
    • Dr.Zoster wrote:

Drahkin wrote:

Well, you mentioned that your build is 4.1 but not necessarily what your build is. I believe that for some of the T4/T6 roads you'd be able to run the solo content...the static dungeons, roaming mobs and most likely some of the green chests (solo). Again, it is likely dependent on your build but I've seen plenty of 4.1 / 4.2 builds running around the roads. Word of warning though, you will most likely be ill equipped to take on most PvP engagements but I still encourage you to try. Taking lumps is the best way to get better IMO.
      I'm still unsure on what build to run, so instead of base it on the gameplay, I want to base it on the content. Last time I was running with claws+hellion jacket, but I'm also attracted to battleaxe (seems good for pve due to sustain) or 1h dagger. I enjoy sustained dps melee weapons and I like self heal aswell. If you have any build suggestions just let me know! It's the first sandbox mmo I play and the ammount of possibilities is driving me crazy.
      I am not normally one to dissuade someone from a particular build but claws are not an exceptionally good weapon when it comes to PvE and generally it's use in PvP is primarily as part of a gank team. If you're wanting to stay the dagger line then 1h dagger can be good for solo content as it has sustain on it's 'E' as it sounds like you are already aware. I personally have been using regular Bow because it has a mobility option (Frost Shot) and has high single target DPS with its 'E' ability. Yes I think Battleaxe is good for PvE for sustain if your having issues with getting knocked but the low damage might be a detractor. I've seen people solo content with Spears, Axes, Bows and Daggers. The other weapon lines may be options too.

- Claws aren't great for PvE / solo PvP
      - I like regular Bow for mobility and good dps
      - 1h dagger is a better option then Claw IMO
      - Battleaxe is good for sustain but may be low damage (try it out though).
    • decand wrote:

if you're looking to play solo in the roads your first build priority is escape potential, since if you're low tier you're not going to be winning outnumbered fights.

soldier/demon/miner boots are the foot slot that you're looking for, and battleaxe is probably your best bet. Run that with scholar cowl + hellion jacket (or mercenary jacket) and you'll have a fairly solid PvE build as long as you play with your mount properly and stay wary of gankers. when you have more money i'd run this with either an undead cape for more escape or a thetford for faster clears.

Thank you very much, really useful info.